OH - Annabelle Richardson, newborn, found in shallow grave, Carlisle, 7 May 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's your opinion, mine is different. Feel free to not "engage" me if you don't like it! I find the tone of your message deeply condescending.

I have not said I think she is innocent, I have said I don't know. Nor have I said her actions have covered her jn glory. I don't like the way she has acted but that is not the same as believing she is guilty of murder.

My children are 9 and 2 so no, I don't have pregnancy hormones! How rude of you! The only way I would have a different opinion is because I am an over emotional woman, incredible!!!

If it is unacceptable to express a different opinion on this forum then I will go elsewhere.

I am a big girl, I can handle a differing opinion. I worked in law for 10 years, I am used to it. What I will not accept is personal attack and abusive messages both of which I have received during the course of discussing this case.

I am TRULY disgusted that someone would suggest pregnancy hormones were just clouding your opinion in this case. That is a serious example of personal attack and I hope you reported it. But, gee, if you aren't pregnant maybe it's just your "time of the month"? *eyeroll*

Lauren Pack@LPack JN
Brown said there was not internal organs and very little tissue attached to the remains.
@journalnews

July 14, received the first recovery of remain, July 20 received additional remains of the baby from the Richardson backyard.
@journalnews

Brown circles a pile of bone surrounded by evidence bags that the jury is viewing in photos
@journalnews

Brown, "Here was are looking at ribs." She said some of the ribs have "darkening on the end of them."
@journalnews

I don't necessarily find placental abruption very plausible personally. If the placenta detaches during labor there is a ton of blood loss and it's dangerous to mom as well as baby. However the baby could have been born and the placenta detached but she did not deliver it till later. The cord could have torn from the placenta after the placenta had detached but was not yet delivered.

I had a baby at home unassisted and spent over a decade in forums and email lists with women who had unassisted births. It was not uncommon for some women to deliver the placenta a day later. However pretty much everyone was cutting the cord at some point. Some people do "lotus births" where the cord is never cut though. The cord will start to dry up after birth.

Lauren Pack@LPack JN
The baby's skull is in pieces, which is normal for an infant because the bones are not yet fused, Brown says.
@journalnews

Some remains include strands of hair which was used for testing to determine gender.
@journalnews

Brown says there are three fractures in the skull bone pieces. On is a "puncture type" fracture, the Dr says
@journalnews

But Dr. Brown says she can not determine if the skull fractures are pre -mortem or post mortem or before or after death
@journalnews

After receiving remains from the second excavation from the Richardson yard, Brown laid out the tiny body, but many bone were not recovered.
@journalnews

"All of the information leading up to the death," as well as tox and other testing results is needed to determine mode and manner of death, Brown says
@journalnews

Lauren Pack@LPack JN
"It is important to look at everything ... not just at the autopsy table," Brown said.
@journalnews

Brown says Richardson's statements about sounds the baby.. all signs of life. Significate that Richardson may have tried to cremate the infant. "It's a deliberate attempt to try to hid the baby."
@journalnews

(BAM)

Thank you. So there is nothing where she admits the baby was alive for 5 minutes and she "might have squeezed her head"? Because despite the consensus of some in this thread I'm pretty sure skull fractures in infants are not that uncommon or unexplained. You should have seen the shape my poor firstborn's head was in when he was born. I pushed for 5 hours. I was just reading another case today of fractures found months after birth with no explanation other than birth and a later discovered medical issue that would increase the risk.

So did someone just make up "squeezing her head" as a way to explain the fractures? Meanwhile forgetting that birth is the most insanely powerful squeezing of an infant's head and that in a first time birth that head is usually in the birth canal much longer than later births? The head could have been squeezed for many HOURS in the birth canal.

This photo was shown on the screen in the courtroom by the prosecution during their opening statements. It described the baby was alive for about 5 minutes. BSR heard the baby gurgle and cry.

*The screenshot I’ve attached below is of that photo and was taken from the FOX 19 livestream during opening statements.

JMO

Attachments

• 984248E5-D80E-4BAF-BF35-C73D706BF022.jpeg
    984248E5-D80E-4BAF-BF35-C73D706BF022.jpeg
    38 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Lauren Pack@LPack JN
Brown says forensic anthropologist Dr. Beth Murray also saw the darkening on the rib bones the may have indicated trauma. Murray has since recanted that the bones had been burned. This is a big issue for the defense.
@journalnews

Without Murray's information, Brown said she was still about to make a determination about the death of the baby based on the investigation and other factors.
@journalnews

Brown said she reviewed the reports of two doctors hired by the defense. She says she agrees there is not sign of thermal injury on the bones recovers.
@journalnews

This photo was shown on the screen in the courtroom by the prosecution during their opening statements. It described the baby was alive for about 5 minutes. BSR heard the baby gurgle and cry.

*The screenshot I’ve attached below is of that photo and was taken from the FOX 19 livestream during opening statements.

JMO

Is there a record of this and in what context.

Last edited:
That is not a professional email.

The email was posted here on WS previously. Just bringing it forward..

Here’s a news article from August 1, 2019 also discussing the email. There’s more docs within the article.

Murray then said “whether the bones was burned or not, that baby was still dead, had unexplained skull fractures, and was buried the back yard. I don’t understand why the burning takes it up such a notch."

Skylar Richardson’s attorneys want indictment dismissed due to recanted statement on charred bones

JMO

That's if there are skull fractures. I'm suspicious of the medical examiner changing causes of death. If what was recovered of the baby bone fragments or severe decomp can they tell for sure? This is a newborn, their skulls aren't completely fused together to begin with.

Agree with you. I am not sure there were intentional fractures, if it was just because the skull separated (normal in a newborn) and appeared to be fractures, or if there was another legitimate cause for minor fractures during birth. There are too many possibles for us to make a definitive determination at this point, IMO

See my edited post above

I just do not have a lot of faith in Dr. Murray's statements. A doctor uses the word "ain't"? Cannot tell if bones are burned or not and says they looked different at a later date (not in this article)? How long has she been a doctor, wonder. I wish she was testifying to these statements she made.

Re email of Dr. Murray:
Prosecution: Motion to dismiss Carlisle buried baby case charges ‘groundless’
“The indictment and prosecution in this case are defective because both are based on Dr. Murray’s recanted belief that the bones she examined were charred,” the defense attorneys wrote in the motion. [re Motion to Dismiss, Aug. 15]

Murray later realized that her belief that the bones were charred was incorrect after a second examination of remains on Aug. 17, 2017, according to the defense.

Prosecutors do not intend to call Murray at trial, but in the motion state that her opinions relate only to the charring of the bone

The defense motion included email messages between Murray and Dr. Susan Allen, forensic pathologist at the Montgomery County Coroner’s Office. In an email sent on Sept. 6, 2017 about the charred body issue, Murray indicates the baby had skull fractures.

"I even said to them, whether the bone was burned or not, that baby was still dead, had unexplained skull fractures, and was buried in the back yard,” Murray wrote to Allen. “I don’t understand why the burning takes it up a notch. They told me it’s all about what she said at one time or another and how her story changed. Well that’s their problem, I guess I am sorry if I spoke out of turn, but it was my strong feeling the bones were burned in July and then less so in August - which is perhaps some basis for always doing a second look. If we only had time.”

Murray told Allen that when it came to the Warren County Prosecutor’s Office and her decision to recant her original opinion that the bones were burned, “I ain’t gonna lie to them, but I sure ain’t gonna lie for them,” according to an email.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meekdoggydogg