OH OH - Beverly Potts, 10, Cleveland, 24 Aug 1951

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Please understand, I feel the the person responsible was someone Beverly knew well. I don't believe an abduction or physical harm was planned, but what was going to be a short exchange between that person and Beverly quickly wound up turning deadly.

I agree..

I think that this person or persons were talking with Beverly and Beverly saw something she wasn't meant to see and they had to silence her.

It seems to me, could be wrong, the obvious answer would be an itinerate carny worker. They come, they go, and sometimes leave their handiwork behind.

Patsy Swing said that she last saw Beverly in the crowd still watching the performances on stage. What some students of this case have found more than a little unsettling and peculiar is that the strange woman next to Beverly had her hand resting on Beverly's shoulder​.

I've always found it interesting that while Patsy advised she last saw Beverly at the park as she (Patsy) was leaving. However, a witness advised they saw Patsy and Beverly in a not-so-friendly discussion later on at the street corner near the park.

If that's true, then perhaps Patsy prefers the public memory to be of her leaving Beverly still entranced watching the performances on stage, rather than the reality of a nasty fight between the two best friends. G-U-I-L-T in other words.

I found something while searching:
http://realunexplainedmysteries.com/beverly-potts-disappearance-who-killed-beverly-potts

Initial Suspects And False Leads
So the search began – who killed Beverly Potts and what were their dark motives? Unfortunately the case attracted many false leads and what I can only refer to as sickos.

Two months after Beverly disappeared her family were contacted by a guy who claimed he was holding the young girl captive. He demanded $25,000 for her safe return. When the incident was looked into further it was determined that this sicko was nothing more than an opportunist looking to cash in on the poor girl’s demise.

In 1980 a retired Cleveland detective claimed he had actually solved the case way back in 1974. He said that he received contact from a man who thought his brother was responsible for the crime.
[modsnip]

There have been some really weird conspiracy and wacky theories regarding Beverly. All of them them do a disservice to a much loved and precious little girl.

Numerous leads have been followed up on this case in the years since Beverly failed to return home in 1951. A theory has been voiced that her remains may still be there on Linnet Avenue.

I have always believed she was not far from where she vanished from. Someone very local was probably responsible-but why? If it was just Beverly, why just her?

From all that I have studied on this case, I feel what happened was not really planned, but rather an accident and then a resulting cover-up by the person(s) responsible.

Some years ago Beverly's sister was interviewed on television. She was supposed to have "dropped a bombshell" but I never heard what it was. Maybe it was the investigators telling her Beverly's body would/could be found when houses in the area started being torn down?

Her body is very likely in the neighborhood or has possibly already been found and she's a Jane Doe in another jurisdiction. :(

Some years ago Beverly's sister was interviewed on television. She was supposed to have "dropped a bombshell" but I never heard what it was. Maybe it was the investigators telling her Beverly's body would/could be found when houses in the area started being torn down?

Beverly's sister, Anita, who died in 2006, was interviewed on a video in connection with the the book on the case, "Twilight of Innocence". In that interview, her comments were just a basic history of the night Beverly disappeared and the months following. In that book, it is former Cleveland police detective, Robert Wolf, who remarks that Beverly's body might still be buried somewhere in the neighborhood.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2015/08/64_years_later_a_possible_brea.html#incart_m-rpt-1

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- With the 64th anniversary of the most famous unsolved missing person case in Cleveland history just hours away, new information has surfaced in the 1951 disappearance of 10-year-old Beverly Potts.

Cracking a case more than six decades old is almost unimaginable. But local law enforcement and FBI officials have examined enough small, but tantalizing, bits of potential new evidence to issue a public plea for help.

What they need is the person who called the Cleveland Crime Stoppers anonymous tip line in early August to call them back at (216) 252-7463.

[...]

In that early August telephone call, an unknown person provided pieces of information about a possible suspect in Beverly's disappearance from Halloran Park on Cleveland's West Side on the night of Aug. 24, 1951.

Police investigated the information provided by the caller and found it to be accurate. But they need more, so they've increased the standard Crime Stoppers reward to $15,000 from the standard $2,500.

"The major part of our most recent tip is very intriguing," said Rich McIntosh, Crime Stoppers interim director. "A piece of it was specific enough to check out, but we need more specificity to proceed. Our investigators need this person to call back."

Hoping the person who gave them the tip sees this and calls back.

I hope that Rosie_lee and/or anyone else who learns of more information on this apparent new clue or anything additional about this case will post it here. How ironic that this is taking place right now as we are marking 64 years since Beverly disappeared.

I hope that Rosie_lee and/or anyone else who learns of more information on this apparent new clue or anything additional about this case will post it here. How ironic that this is taking place right now as we are marking 64 years since Beverly disappeared.
The second I see something I will definitely post it.

I am glad to see some new clues coming to light in this case. I hope the progress continues.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2015/08/beverly_potts_disappearance_af.html

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Anita Potts was 22 years old on Aug. 24, 1951 when her little sister Beverly disappeared.

The still-unsolved disappearance would haunt her until the day she died, her daughter Meg Roberts said Monday.

Beverly Potts was only 10 years old when she vanished from a park in Cleveland, and her case remains one of the city's most notorious missing persons cases.

Roberts said that her mother almost never spoke of Beverly.

"It affected her so deeply that we rarely talked about it," said Roberts, who lives in Colorado with her family. "She had told me that, in the wake of Beverly's disappearance, she just wanted to get away from Cleveland. She said the memories were too horrible for her."

I saw this video in one of the comments from the article posted a couple of days ago. In that same comment, there's a picture of Beverly and Patsy taken in 1948. Meg (the niece of Beverly) is responding to the comments. She said that Patsy has been contacted numerous times but has no new information to give.

[video=vimeo;27269844]https://vimeo.com/27269844[/video]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back