GUILTY OH - Brian Michael Rini, charged with impersonating a long-missing child, Apr 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks! I'm a criminal defense lawyer, I understand how these things work. Jurisdictions where missing people went missing do not announce press conferences to discuss "hoaxes" that occurred in other states. If you are going to make condescending posts you may want to actually read up on the subject you're pretending to be an expert in.

What press conference are you referring to? Aurora PD's spokesperson told the NYT this afternoon: “It could be Pitzen,” he said. “It could be a hoax."
Timmothy Pitzen Vanished in 2011. A Teenager in Kentucky Says He’s the Missing Boy.

I'm not an expert, but I like facts, not sensationalization.

Wow, these threads are flying by so fast! I am so happy that so many people are caring and passionate about Timmothy today! :D I am by no means an expert on this case or know everything, but I lived in Aurora at the time of this happening and tried to follow it very closely! Maybe it would be helpful to post some facts about this case and try to answer some of the questions I've seen posted!

• A quick summary: The parents, Amy + James from Aurora, IL, were having marital problems in 2011. Amy was already very depressed and suicidal in general. One day she checked their son Timmothy out of his kindergarten class early in the morning without telling anyone. They went to a car repair, to Brookfield Zoo, and back to pick up the car. Then they went to KeyLime Cove in Gurnee, IL (where they would spend the night.) Meanwhile James goes to pick up Timmothy from Kindergarten but is told he's not there. He of course is concerned and Amy does not pick up his calls. He reports them both missing. The next day, Amy and Timmothy go to Kalahari Resort in Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin - Timmothy is seen for the last time on security footage. Amy calls loved ones to say they both are fine and not in trouble. Timmothy is heard in the background and is the last time he is ever heard. Much later that night, Amy is seen at Family Dollar buying stationary by herself without Timmothy. Either that night or next morning, Amy commits suicide by overdosing + slashing her neck + wrists. Amy leaves a note + letters saying no one will ever find Timmothy, he is in a better place with caring people.
  • Aurora, IL is a suburb of Chicago. It is considered to be in the Chicagoland area, not the tri-state area.
  • The blood in the SUV were only "traces" of blood, and relatives informed police that Timmothy once had a nosebleed in the SUV.
  • Aurora PD is extremely confident that Amy pre-planned this trip months in advance. They found that she had taken at least 2 trips by herself to the disappearance area (which I will personally add, it NOT close enough to Aurora to casually drive through - it's 45 minutes-2+ hours away depending on where exactly they are talking about).
  • Amy's family members have expressed that she had talked of suicidal thoughts through the years and it was not completely out of character for her to "disappear" from home for extended periods of time.
  • All family members of Timmothy have been very cooperative with LE.
  • Someone asked when Timmothy's episode of The Hunt with John Walsh aired. I'm not super sure but I believe it was 2017 if my memory serves correctly.
  • Timmothy Pitzen has a page on the Charley Project. His case has also been featured on The Hunt with John Walsh and Crime Watch Daily (this can be found on Youtube and features interview with his father). Some youtubers have also covered the case on their own time.

Gawd I have to hit the shower soon. We have a dinner to attend this eve. So you can be assured that news will break when I am away. Waiting with baited breath as we all are. I soooo want this to be him.
You may have to take several "bathroom breaks" so you can check your phone! Enjoy the dinner.

JaimeInLA said:
Y'all -- this post is not directed at anyone in particular -- but I just CAN NOT with all the child trafficking posts. Seriously, it is just so beyond ridiculous. Every time I read that on Websleuths I roll my eyes soooooo hard.

White children are not being sold for sex. That is not a thing that happens. It is WAY too risky. Human trafficking is a thing that happens to the invisible people in society -- minority teens forced into prostitution, Vietnamese women forced to live 10 to an apartment and do nails for tips, Latino car wash workers who are basically slave labor, Hispanic women brought to the US to do overnight janitorial work as part of an indentured servant deal..... etc.....

Human trafficking is NOT white American children being sold for sex. I defy anyone to show us a case in which that has happened.

Close friend of mine works for the FBI in human/child trafficking. You are simply wrong.
I am not sure why people do not believe this is happening.
Sadly, he said that most child *advertiser censored* they come across (his office) is white children. Human trafficking doesnt mean they are being taking to other countries. Across state lines - even by parents - is still trafficking. There is an alarming amount of missing [white] kids in this country. (only mentioning white because it was mentioned).

The denial of this reality does not help at all.

Close friend of mine works for the FBI in human/child trafficking. You are simply wrong.
I am not sure why people do not believe this is happening.
Sadly, he said that most child *advertiser censored* they come across (his office) is white children. Human trafficking doesnt mean they are being taking to other countries. Across state lines - even by parents - is still trafficking. There is an alarming amount of missing [white] kids in this country. (only mentioning white because it was mentioned).

The denial of this reality does not help at all.
agreed! I have had someone follow me and both my 4 and 6 year olds down aisles while out shopping.. they are white. We are in Central Florida where it's a huge issue. It's naïve to think this cannot and does not happen.

I'll be over here, waiting for a link to any white child that was sold into sex slavery. I live and work in Los Angeles, where we have ACTUAL issues with human trafficking -- none of it white children. Facts matter.

Here you go, a very fast and simple search, only doing 3 links but there are COUNTLESS more:

Press Room
A Six-Year Analysis of Sex Traffickers of Minors - McCain Institute
SEX TRAFFICKING STING: FBI rescues 160 children, some as young as 3-years-old - theGrio

Now, this thread is about TIMMOTHY PITZEN, not child trafficking or whether or not it exists. Race is irrelevant, as well. Child trafficking may very well be closely related to this case, but it is not the main focus of this thread & I'm sure there are other places you can discuss your opinions on the matter, maybe even on this forum.

As for me, and I'm sure many others, we'd like to see this thread NOT get derailed and taken down, so please everyone stop with the general opinions and speculation on child trafficking unless it is specifically tied to this case and evidence is presented.

This thread is my #1 source for updates pertaining to Timmothy, I just keep refreshing for updates, and I'd like to see everything stay on topic and cut out the opinion posts & most of all, not see this thread get taken down when we all may be so close to having a definitive answer whether or not this child has been located.

Thank you so much.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr
Back