OH OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 April 2006 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I kinda think LE is giving cameras too much accuracy / coverage capability. Looks at what we have learned recently about how cameras have not really been such a help. This was a long time ago when cameras were even worse.

If we just roll with (kinda would have to like that -humans don't vanish) then we are left with a situation like all the other ones -- what happened after exit?
I agree to some extent that cameras are not infallible. The reason the camera are put into play here is because the ONE person that isn't accounted for is also the ONE person that happens to go missing. If the cameras weren't completely accurate, or missed Brian, it would be likely that they missed other people too. However, Brian literally seems to be the only person not seen leaving and missed by the camera. Hard to imagine that all these cameras just missed one guy, and then to have the one guy disappear on top of that. Not impossible, but not very likely I suppose. Circumstances lead everyone to believe that either A)Brian knew where the cameras were and took measures to avoid being seen, B) Someone else knew about the cameras and took measures to abduct/lead Brian away without him being seen or C) Brian was kept inside the bar for a short while then moved out in concealed containers that may have been seen on camera.

Does waiting 9 minutes, for him, seem short to you??

Has there ever been any pics of the bar area and where the door was? I wonder if he was lost and looking for a bathroom? I assume it would lock afterward.

Maybe he was not having a good time decided to leave and ran into some bad players.

Any drug history?

Here are some pics from inside the bar area..Those are taken from the part of the bar where the band plays though so it's kind of hard to see the door and behind the bar
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• nnggng.JPG
    nnggng.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 148
  • ngngngng.JPG
    ngngngng.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 153
  • ngngngngn.JPG
    ngngngngn.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 158
  • ghghhg.JPG
    ghghhg.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 151
Here are some pics from inside the bar area..Those are taken from the part of the bar where the band plays though so it's kind of hard to see the door and behind the bar
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

That place is hopping!
Not hard to see somebody slipping out unnoticed, even with cameras.
Coincidentally, the young woman in the green sleeveless shirt on the left in the last photo, looks like AW.
imo, speculation.

That place is hopping!
Coincidentally, the young woman in the green sleeveless shirt on the left in the last photo, looks like AW.
imo, speculation.

OMG, that does look like her! When were these pics taken? TIA

@John. Nice pics, where did you find those? You can see a staff exit in the second pic in the back left by the statue

That place is hopping!
imo, speculation.

Didn't even notice that. Pics are from here http://www.chrislogsdon.com/UglyTunaLastNight2011/ThumbNails.htm i just uploaded the one's that had a decent shot of the bar in them. I believe these are from a while after he went missing so it could maybe have changed bit since Brian was there due to the construction etc?

Here's a review of the Ugly Tuna from 2006 only a few months after Brian went missing http://www.columbusunderground.com/ugly-tuna-saloona-2 not really anything in it but it gives like a basic outline of how the layout and atmosphere of how the bar is at the time Brian disappeared.

Didn't even notice that. Pics are from here http://www.chrislogsdon.com/UglyTunaLastNight2011/ThumbNails.htm i just uploaded the one's that had a decent shot of the bar in them. I believe these are from a while after he went missing so it could maybe have changed bit since Brian was there due to the construction etc?

Here's a review of the Ugly Tuna from 2006 only a few months after Brian went missing http://www.columbusunderground.com/ugly-tuna-saloona-2 not really anything in it but it gives like a basic outline of how the layout and atmosphere of how the bar is at the time Brian disappeared.

WOW EEEE that is one heck of a review for what is a party bar!!

I would hate to have to read a review about a 5 star dining experience by writer

whew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am pooped and I skipped most of it !!!!!!!!!!!!!

@John. Nice pics, where did you find those? You can see a staff exit in the second pic in the back left by the statue

is it the basically green pic? I went looking today to try and see the back door

would ya link which one I would like to see it ??

Tia

Does waiting 9 minutes, for him, seem short to you??

I just found this out today 9 minutes- and after (TY) the pics , it would take a while for this place to drain out - especially needing a escalator!

I have gotten separated before and trust I had waited and looked a heck of a lot longer than 9 minutes!

That just struck me as profoundly telling...............

OR maybe it means there was some conflict - but nine minutes is ...........................well not really looking, caring or knowing.................................

moo

I just found this out today 9 minutes- and after (TY) the pics , it would take a while for this place to drain out - especially needing a escalator!

I have gotten separated before and trust I had waited and looked a heck of a lot longer than 9 minutes!

That just struck me as profoundly telling...............

OR maybe it means there was some conflict - but nine minutes is ...........................well not really looking, caring or knowing.................................

moo

You mean that Brian's friends waited nine minutes for him and than left? Thank you for this information about the time! From where did this originate? I have always wondered how long they looked for Brian? To me, that does not seem like a long time.

Satch

I looked and can't see a staff exit there. Not questioning as much as I just can't see it. Kind of like the kid that can't see the easter egg when it's right there in front of them, if ya know what I mean. :sheesh:

I would hate to have to read a review about a 5 star dining experience by writer

LOL, Cariis.... I can totally see your avatar aka "Sweet Fur Baby" writing this post. :giggle:

I found Meredith on Facebook (at least I think it's the same one) and she has it mostly private, but from what I've seen she doesn't mention Brian. I always got the impression that she wasn't actually friends with Brian. Meredith was Clint's friend and I even remember reading that Brian didn't actually like her being around. I really don't think she knows anything about his whereabouts, and being not so close to him, I would guess that she's completely moved on. Clint has no Facebook presence; his account is still up but hasn't been updated since shortly before Brian disappeared. His wife is on Facebook though. He's married with some children and lives in Texas. Interesting, since I thought everyone was saying Clint is gay. I found Brian's ex gf on Facebook (the one that he was rumored to have moved to Texas to be with) and she posted something about his 10 year anniversary last year. She's married with a family too and does lives in Texas. Her, Alexis, and Derek's wife Maurine are the only ones I've seen that posted something about Brian fairly recently. Although that's not to say others aren't thinking about him. Just because someone doesn't post on social media doesn't mean they've forgotten about him, they just maybe want to keep thoughts private

Thanks for sharing this Matt. Here are more thoughts about Brian's friends, social media, and perhaps how they feel about the case. Would love to hear community members responses about this as well.

It would be interesting if somehow, some wa,y Brian's friends could come to our Webslueths Community to talk about that night and what happened after Brian went missing. But, I believe that it is a TOS Webslueths violation to ask about cases through a person's Facebook, Twitter, or other social media accounts. Privacy must be respected. There's also that uncertainly of opening up a "Pandora's Box." They may not want to talk, may not be interested in our community and the degree to their interest in what happened to Brian may vary considerably.

My gut feeling is that Alexis would REALLY want to know what happened here. Meredith, I'm not sure, because I don't think that she and Brian were that close. Clint either knows what happened in my view, and reefers all questions about Brian to his lawyer. Or he seems to be very apathetic about Brian. He probably would not like some of the incriminating feelings that many of us have about him.

It makes you wonder though, how much would they be willing to say if they knew about this community and new Brian's case was here?

Satch

attachment.php

It's all good. Okay so in this picture here. Look at the statue floating in the back. To the left of it (our left from this view) there's a lighter green colored door under what looks like neon writing. I think it's either staff or emergency exit. Either way, it's another exit

Attachments

• UT.JPG
    UT.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 213

Hahaha i know!

Regarding the time they spent looking for Brian, didn't Clint say that he was known for doing that? He was known for leaving on his own to 'do his own thing' or something along those lines so that's why they just assumed he'd gone off himself?

Thanks for the links! It sounds like according to this next one, that Chris Logsdon had a three decade history there, not sure if they mean at the Ugly Tuna, or in the area. Could they have been the one playing there the last night Brian was seen? And if they were the regular band there, or even just in the area, it's not impossible that Brian could have known some or all of the band members.

96.jpg

attachment.php

It's all good. Okay so in this picture here. Look at the statue floating in the back. To the left of it (our left from this view) there's a lighter green colored door under what looks like neon writing. I think it's either staff or emergency exit. Either way, it's another exit

Thanks, MT, it's plain as day now, lol.

Thanks for the links! It sounds like according to this next one, that Chris Logsdon had a three decade history there, not sure if they mean at the Ugly Tuna, or in the area. Could they have been the one playing there the last night Brian was seen? And if they were the regular band there, or even just in the area, it's not impossible that Brian could have known some or all of the band members.

96.jpg

Chris Logsdon is a solo act, at the time he played on Thursday nights at the Ugly Tuna if I recall correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader