OH OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 April 2006 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
People have mentioned that Clint and Meredith changed their stories about what happened that night. Does anyone have more info on this?
Also-If Clint told LE that he would talk if granted immunity-you would think that would be a huge red flag to LE and they would have to get whatever info he has.
Why didn't they grant Clint immunity in exchange for info?
The posting on the obit was deemed a hoax. Did LE ever check security cameras (was it a Franklin co. Library?)from the day/tome/location of the post to see if the person who made the post was familiar to them?

[video=youtube;YDJUwu5rfoE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDJUwu5rfoE[/video]

[video=youtube;YDJUwu5rfoE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDJUwu5rfoE[/video]

A good refresher for me, thanks, Brainy. The comments are quite interesting. If I get a chance I may comment more on it tomorrow, been a long day.

So, I'm just going to throw my opinion on Clint into the thread. I never got a bad vibe from him except for the fact that he has me for immunity, but that could just be a preventative measure for him.

Think about it...wrongful convictions happen fairly frequently. This is a pretty big case, and everybody who knows about this case wants some sort of closure. Clint could have been easily used as a scapegoat even if he had nothing to do with Brian's disappearance. He's already being scapegoated to a degree in this thread.

Personally, I think Clint asked for immunity on the advice of his lawyer. A lawyer's duty is to protect their client. Clint asking for immunity was the best way for Clint to be protected regardless of his involvement in the case.

In cases of foul play, the assailant is often times somebody who is close to the victim. If somebody looked at this case without looking at the nitty gritty details, the people who were close to Brian were his father, his brother, Alexis, and Clint. Brian's father, his brother, and Clint saw him on the night of his disappearance while Alexis was visiting her parents or grandparents or something, so she has an alibi. Nobody is going to blame his dad or brother because they seem like a tight-knit family in mourning. That leaves Clint.

I'm not saying that we should exclude Clint as a person of interest, but we should give him the benefit of the doubt. Obviously, he looks a little fishy since he was never 100% cooperative. But some people are selfish. All I'm saying is that we shouldn't prosecute Clint yet. He is innocent until proven guilty, and speculation is not proof.

I've always said Clint was a red herring. People are only zeroing in on him because there's literally no other leads. I still think he got buried over in the construction site but hey.

I sometimes wonder if Brian was flirting with other girls in the club and that maybe at the very start of the investigation Clint lied to the cops (not maliciously) about seeing him to cover for his friend because of Alexis, thinking that he'd be back in a week or so and sort it out himself. But when it became apparent that he was actually missing/disappeared then he got the lawyer in to protect himself and his career.

Does anybody know if Brian had a ring for this rumored proposal to Alexis? If he did, and if he intentionally disappeared, he could've sold it so he could have a nice chunk of change to start off his new life.

Does anybody know if Brian had a ring for this rumored proposal to Alexis? If he did, and if he intentionally disappeared, he could've sold it so he could have a nice chunk of change to start off his new life.

No, there is no evidence to suggest that he ever bought a ring.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So, I'm just going to throw my opinion on Clint into the thread. I never got a bad vibe from him except for the fact that he has me for immunity, but that could just be a preventative measure for him.

Think about it...wrongful convictions happen fairly frequently. This is a pretty big case, and everybody who knows about this case wants some sort of closure. Clint could have been easily used as a scapegoat even if he had nothing to do with Brian's disappearance. He's already being scapegoated to a degree in this thread.

Personally, I think Clint asked for immunity on the advice of his lawyer. A lawyer's duty is to protect their client. Clint asking for immunity was the best way for Clint to be protected regardless of his involvement in the case.

In cases of foul play, the assailant is often times somebody who is close to the victim. If somebody looked at this case without looking at the nitty gritty details, the people who were close to Brian were his father, his brother, Alexis, and Clint. Brian's father, his brother, and Clint saw him on the night of his disappearance while Alexis was visiting her parents or grandparents or something, so she has an alibi. Nobody is going to blame his dad or brother because they seem like a tight-knit family in mourning. That leaves Clint.

I'm not saying that we should exclude Clint as a person of interest, but we should give him the benefit of the doubt. Obviously, he looks a little fishy since he was never 100% cooperative. But some people are selfish. All I'm saying is that we shouldn't prosecute Clint yet. He is innocent until proven guilty, and speculation is not proof.

All true,

However, I believe that we will never get closure in this case because Clint will never talk. He knows what needs to be known and will never say.

Satch

All true,

However, I believe that we will never get closure in this case because Clint will never talk. He knows what needs to be known and will never say.

Satch

I think you're right.

I sometimes wonder if Brian was flirting with other girls in the club and that maybe at the very start of the investigation Clint lied to the cops (not maliciously) about seeing him to cover for his friend because of Alexis, thinking that he'd be back in a week or so and sort it out himself. But when it became apparent that he was actually missing/disappeared then he got the lawyer in to protect himself and his career.

Well, the immunity is not the only thing that makes Clint fishy. He spent 6 hours in Brian's home after Brian disappeared (before being reported missing). How would you explain that?

[video=youtube;Z0dkPpXWtC8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0dkPpXWtC8[/video]

99.9% of Websleuths is speculating based on information known to the public. No one here is saying speculation is proof. No one here is prosecuting or even persecuting him. People are going back and forth speculating about his reasons for requesting immunity and wondering about his demeanor following Brian's disappearance.

In their own statement? What about video evidence? Were they seen leaving together?

Yes. Police tracked Clint and Meredith leave the bar, call Brian, and then watched them go into the parking garage and leave.

I couldn't find Brian in the DOE network missing person's database. I wonder why.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/1709
https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/vicap/missing-persons/brian-shaffer
attachment.php

Attachments

• dump_1.jpg
    dump_1.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 109
I just submitted it to DOE network. I've never done it before so hopefully I got everything right. I noticed on NAMUS it says there's no DNA sample available and I had a UID I wanted to submit. I wonder why his family never provided a sample.

I just submitted it to DOE network. I've never done it before so hopefully I got everything right. I noticed on NAMUS it says there's no DNA sample available and I had a UID I wanted to submit. I wonder why his family never provided a sample.

Perhaps they were never asked to.

Perhaps they were never asked to.

Perhaps, but I would have thought that was something that LE would have done early on. I just think it's a little weird, if they didn't, I actually think it's rather negligent on their part. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia