OH OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 April 2006 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That area is so vibrant and busy that I am sure people saw something relevant...they just didn't realize it. Why would they? Most people in that area are college students or other young people enjoying life and not paying close attention to the safety of themselves or others. MOO

I feel sad that it doesn't seem as though this case will ever be solved.

I can't believe there hasn't been any clues at all. Prayers for some knowledge soon. I'm also a medical student so this case has always hit close to home.

Bumping for Brian. No real news or updates on his website for two whole years now. I hope his case is still being worked on daily...

This is my first post, so I hope I'm doing this right.

Several posters have mentioned wanting to contact Investigation Discovery regarding doing an episode of "Disappeared" on Brian. There is a segment titled "Corporate" in the bottom right hand corner of the home page. If you click on "Viewer Relations", it will take you to another page with FAQ's. The word "here" is underlined in the first paragraph, and it will take you to a web form regarding your inquiry. There, you can select from several options. I believe "programming selection" is the one you would pick for a show idea. You can type in why you think that your idea is relevant and leave contact information if you desire. They will get back to you fairly quickly-I have offered suggestions regarding programming in the past and have heard back within a few days.

I really hope this information is helpful for you all.:fence:

This is my first post, so I hope I'm doing this right.

Several posters have mentioned wanting to contact Investigation Discovery regarding doing an episode of "Disappeared" on Brian. There is a segment titled "Corporate" in the bottom right hand corner of the home page. If you click on "Viewer Relations", it will take you to another page with FAQ's. The word "here" is underlined in the first paragraph, and it will take you to a web form regarding your inquiry. There, you can select from several options. I believe "programming selection" is the one you would pick for a show idea. You can type in why you think that your idea is relevant and leave contact information if you desire. They will get back to you fairly quickly-I have offered suggestions regarding programming in the past and have heard back within a few days.

I really hope this information is helpful for you all.:fence:

Thank you for posting that information! It was very easy to follow and I just submitted my suggestion for Brian's story to air on Disappeared. Fingers crossed! Thanks again and welcome!!

:yourock:

Thank you Renogirl, and that is a super-cute smiley. I really hope that ID does a show on Brian-his brother deserves to know what has happened to him.

Thank you Renogirl, and that is a super-cute smiley. I really hope that ID does a show on Brian-his brother deserves to know what has happened to him.

He absolutely does. He has been through so much in the past several years. I sure hope he is doing well. Brian's story was the reason I began following missing person cases years ago. I never would've thought he'd still be missing 6 years later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As much as I would like this to be covered on a show like "Disappeared"- I don't know if they will take it on. Isn't that show usually an hour? This case doesn't have many clues... Still, it is a puzzling and tragic mystery.

He absolutely does. He has been through so much in the past several years. I sure hope he is doing well. Brian's story was the reason I began following missing person cases years ago. I never would've thought he'd still be missing 6 years later.

As much as I would like this to be covered on a show like "Disappeared"- I don't know if they will take it on. Isn't that show usually an hour? This case doesn't have many clues... Still, it is a puzzling and tragic mystery.

Renogirl, I hear ya. Brian's disappearance is one of those that sticks with me. He was a bright young man with an incredible future ahead of him and it all got taken away in what seems like the blink of an eye. His brother not knowing what happened is just awful. He knows exactly where his mom and dad are, and can grieve their losses. He has no concrete answer as to what happened to Brian. I think that would make working through someone's absence all the harder.

Deca, you are right about "Disappeared" being an hour. I had it in my head that it was half an hour for some reason. I too wonder if they'd have enough information for a full hour, but perhaps they could profile another cold case with few clues? It would get two people's information out there, and hopefully provide the answers the families so greatly deserve.

This case has puzzled me for a few years. Some head scratchers for me:

1. What is the thing he is doing with his hands in his medical coat pictures with mom and dad? Fraternity signal?

2. Why not caught on surveillance?

3. Why won't best friend take lie detector and is lawyered up?

I pray he is found one way or the other. This case just haunts me as do all of the river killings. So sad :(

This case really stuck with me after I saw it on one of those investigate shows (48 Hours?)
Still can't believe he hasn't been found. Another strange thing about this case is that his apartment was broken into in the month after he disappeared. I guess LE ruled out any connection, but that just seems to be too coincidental. Does anyone know any details? What was taken, if anything?

As my name indicates I am an OSU graduate...I was a junior in high school when Brian disappeared. I ended up here after finally deciding to look up the details on "the guy who disappeared from Tuna." It's such a bizarre story, and it really hits home since I've been to that bar myself countless times. I've done quite a bit of reading on this subject since I decided to look it up. One idea I'd like to debunk having lived in the campus area:
-"Brian's body was put in a campus dumpster and was taken away in a trash truck." There's no way. I'd guess that on any given day, at least 5 homeless people have climbed through each and every dumpster looking for scrap metal. They would have found him.
As for the best friend, Clint, everyone wonders why he was so quick to "lawyer up" and why he won't take a polygraph. Having been exposed to criminal justice studies in college, this doesn't seem as damning to me as it does to some people on this forum. The police in general have been known to coerce confessions out of people to quickly close a case, and getting a lawyer can be a very good idea in this case. Also, polygraphs are NOT foolproof. Basically all they measure is anxiety. So if you're a suspect in a missing person's case, and you're being brought into a police interrogation room, chances are you're already pretty anxious. And if you happen to fail accidentally...everyone will think you're guilty. Maybe Clint is involved maybe he's not...but these two things don't have me convinced that he is.
My theory is that Brian left on his own volition. I think everything was just too stressful for him and he bolted. I know many people say that there's no way, but that's what I think.
But for you foul play theorists: Don't you find it strange that Brian's father, the ONE person who was CONSTANTLY keeping Brian's case in the news, and constantly nagging at the police to dig deeper...ended up dead from a falling tree branch? Something sounds fishy there. I'd be curious to know if anyone actually saw that branch fall on him. Seems to me that someone thought it was time to silence the little birdy who wouldn't stop chirping. And also...it's been mentioned on here that Brian's apartment was near the Olentangy River. But it hasn't been mentioned that the river is dammed right at King Avenue (where Brian's apartment was). Well...in the past week or so, they have been draining the reservoir for some reason...will his body turn up? Hopefully not...because he's still alive (I hope.)
Murder gang theorists: Have you been to the Ugly Tuna Saloona area on a busy night? It's crawling with security and cops. If someone was trying to abduct Brian all he'd have to do was yell "Guy's got a gun!" And there would have been a swarm of cops. You may think that Brian wouldn't have the heart to disappear and hurt his family and girlfriend...well I never knew Brian, but to me, all the signs point to that. I look forward to any rebuttal or agreements.

Every theory is viable until Brian is found. I lean away from Brian leaving on his own accord. That would mean he walked out of the bar and away from his life with nothing but the clothes on his back. It's not out of the question, but seems unlikely.

[/QUOTE]
Deca, you are right about "Disappeared" being an hour. I had it in my head that it was half an hour for some reason. I too wonder if they'd have enough information for a full hour, but perhaps they could profile another cold case with few clues? It would get two people's information out there, and hopefully provide the answers the families so greatly deserve.[/QUOTE]

Another case from the Columbus area, Tony Luzio Jr. comes to mind.

Tony Luzio Jr. disappeared during the early morning hours on July 4, 2005. Brian Shaffer disappeared on April 1, 2006. They disappeared nine months and 15 miles away from each other. Both men had been at a bar with friends prior to their disappearance. And both disappeared near a river.

Both men disappeared with very little clues and have not been heard or seen since their disappearance.

Deca, you are right about "Disappeared" being an hour. I had it in my head that it was half an hour for some reason. I too wonder if they'd have enough information for a full hour, but perhaps they could profile another cold case with few clues? It would get two people's information out there, and hopefully provide the answers the families so greatly deserve.

Another case from the Columbus area, Tony Luzio Jr. comes to mind.

Tony Luzio Jr. disappeared during the early morning hours on July 4, 2005. Brian Shaffer disappeared on April 1, 2006. They disappeared nine months and 15 miles away from each other. Both men had been at a bar with friends prior to their disappearance. And both disappeared near a river.

Both men disappeared with very little clues and have not been heard or seen since their disappearance.

Here is the link to Tony's Websleuths thread, if anyone is interested:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26373

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members