Found Deceased OH - Cheryl Coker, 46, Riverside, 2 Oct 2018 *husband suspect* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also let’s stop and think with the Eastwood metro park, I travel by that park all the time there is always people in the park from walking dogs, jogging etc..
And you can’t tell me that over the last 4 months that someone walking their dog in this park that the dog has not alerted to a body

And as per the LE and TES wanting total secrecy today’s public is too wrapped up in their own worlds to care, and if they restrict access to a park or public venue all that will do is irritate the public
Just because billy- boy is a suspect and his rights what about the public’s rights, free access, social media , etc....

Stop and think the secret mode of this investigation is meaningless, they already told the world Billy - boy is number one suspect

I totally disagree with the above statement, my wife and I reside in Riverside, live close to Cheryl’s home, what are supposed to do hide in our home with binds closed so we don’t see any anything in our own neighborhood
LE asks for help, but their activities are top secret and we are supposed to put horse blinders on.
What are they afraid of William rushing in and moving the body

And I spoke with a detective friend of mind from my home town, and he said yes police can expand their searches or circle to include other family members, friends of suspect

But they do need probable cause to search anyone’s house. They can expand their circle to family members and friends, but they can’t just go to somebody’s door without probable cause and say “we are going to search your house now because you have some sort of relationship to Bill C.”

The only probable cause they need is the same thing there using TES for evidence, all they have to do is use they suspect a certain type of evidence may be there I.e. the black hoodie, they get their warrant and off and running

Plus with this present status of this case the police would have no problem getting warrant(s) that would help close this case, especially after naming number one suspect

The only probable cause they need is the same thing there using TES for evidence, all they have to do is use they suspect a certain type of evidence may be there I.e. the black hoodie, they get their warrant and off and running

What are you talking about? They can't go to a judge and say, "Hey, your honor, we have this video with a person wearing a black hoodie. Their hood is up, and we can't see who the person is, so we're gonna need you to go ahead and sign a warrant allowing us to search the homes and properties of EVERY PERSON the suspect knows or has any sort of relationship with (whether it be romantic, platonic, familial). We need all of these warrants to solve this case, even though there's no real proof that they would actually accomplish that. So, what up, can we get all those warrants or what?"

Last edited:

Not true-TES can search as they are doing; I’m sure they have landowners permission to do so. There is a whole “illegal search and seizure” legal concept which comes into play. They can’t get a warrant to search the homes you suggested without probable cause. A judge signs the warrant, and he or she won’t sign it if there isn’t probable cause to do the search where the police want to do it. It protects us all from police coming to our doors and cars on a witch hunt. Evidence obtained in this way will always (yes, ALWAYS) be thrown out, never to be presented in court.

Last edited:
In post number 28, your missing the point, this case has been a botch job from the beginning, the silience from police and family, then the police took a large step forward, by jumping the gun and telling the world Billy- boy is #1 suspect, by them doing that, showing the video of the black hoodie, they are gambling against the clock, then TES is here
( I do hope they find her but it does not look good) , and yes they can expand their area to search via search warrants to family, friends, coworkers and GF, believe me the way this case is going if the police wanted search warrants for any of the above listed to look for additional evidence a judge will sign off on it ( looking for hoodie, gloves, any of Cheryl’s clothing that might have fluids on , personal items) and I was not directing my comments about the way TES searches

In post number 28, your missing the point, this case has been a botch job from the beginning, the silience from police and family, then the police took a large step forward, by jumping the gun and telling the world Billy- boy is #1 suspect, by them doing that, showing the video of the black hoodie, they are gambling against the clock, then TES is here
( I do hope they find her but it does not look good) , and yes they can expand their area to search via search warrants to family, friends, coworkers and GF, believe me the way this case is going if the police wanted search warrants for any of the above listed to look for additional evidence a judge will sign off on it ( looking for hoodie, gloves, any of Cheryl’s clothing that might have fluids on , personal items) and I was not directing my comments about the way TES searches
If LE had probable cause to believe that hoodie is in someone's house that would immediately weaken the probability it was in any other house. They have to have a "reasonable suspicion" for the judge to sign off on a search warrant. So if LE went to a judge and said they had reasonable suspicion to believe that hoodie is in this house, that house and another house, the judge would throw it out IMO.

We as Americans are protected by the 4th Amendment of the Constitution.

Fourth Amendment - U.S. Constitution - FindLaw

Fourth Amendment - U.S. Constitution
Fourth Amendment - Search and Seizure
Amendment Text | Annotations

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

You can't be serious- checking in every person's house that is related or knows Bill? He's the only one right now that is a suspect, and they have checked his house. Surely this is just emotions getting the best of common sense. Just because you are related to someone doesn't make you guilty by association.

Help me understand your why you think this case has been a botch job from the beginning?

It's only been four months, and although that feels like an eternity, the police HAVE come forth recently, not only voicing that they are building a very solid case and are looking in certain areas based on their investigations, but they've identified their suspect.

I look at it like this now: LE's got this. They've released the hoodie videos and 911 call information, as well as the picture from the market camera that shows Bill's injury to his left arm. They are smoking someone or ones out for corroboration, or putting pressure on Bill to respond (and he DID!), and searches are are being conducted. And they released only a tiny fraction of what they have and what they know.

I think they have everything they need to get a healthy & just verdict, but are not willing to do it without a body JUST YET. They don't want to have Bill work a deal to take a lesser plea or take anything off the table in exchange for him telling them where the body is. And I would guess that they have the blessing from her family.

If LE had probable cause to believe that hoodie is in someone's house that would immediately weaken the probability it was in any other house. They have to have a "reasonable suspicion" for the judge to sign off on a search warrant. So if LE went to a judge and said they had reasonable suspicion to believe that hoodie is in this house, that house and another house, the judge would throw it out IMO.

We as Americans are protected by the 4th Amendment of the Constitution.

Fourth Amendment - U.S. Constitution - FindLaw

Fourth Amendment - U.S. Constitution
Fourth Amendment - Search and Seizure
Amendment Text | Annotations

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Exactly what I was trying to post a link to

In post #31, the first sentence makes no sense,and yes I do believe it’s a botched investigation for these reasons
A) in the beginning they referred to Cheryl’s case as a kidnapping
B) after searching Cheryl’s home and not knowing what direction to go in they failed to secure the potential crime scene, the house should have been sealed for future evidence gathering ( when my great aunt was murdered her crime scene her home was sealed for almost 3 years before released back to our family, but it took another 27 years to solve it)
C) Billy-boy was never brought into the station for a formal statement, even though he was the last one to see her alive
D) LE not encouraging the family to make noise keep Cheryl’s case alive, not silience
E) naming Billy-boy #1 suspect before they were ready to arrest, all that did is create mob mentality against Costco
F) the super top secret searches done by a very reliable search group and the telling people not to post anything
Geewiss we live in a social media crazed society good luck with that, and if they are searching public areas such as Eastwood metro park , they forget two words “ public park”

In post #31, the first sentence makes no sense,and yes I do believe it’s a botched investigation for these reasons
A) in the beginning they referred to Cheryl’s case as a kidnapping
B) after searching Cheryl’s home and not knowing what direction to go in they failed to secure the potential crime scene, the house should have been sealed for future evidence gathering ( when my great aunt was murdered her crime scene her home was sealed for almost 3 years before released back to our family, but it took another 27 years to solve it)
C) Billy-boy was never brought into the station for a formal statement, even though he was the last one to see her alive
D) LE not encouraging the family to make noise keep Cheryl’s case alive, not silience
E) naming Billy-boy #1 suspect before they were ready to arrest, all that did is create mob mentality against Costco
F) the super top secret searches done by a very reliable search group and the telling people not to post anything
Geewiss we live in a social media crazed society good luck with that, and if they are searching public areas such as Eastwood metro park , they forget two words “ public park”
Is this the sentence you're referring to?

"If LE had probable cause to believe that hoodie is in someone's house that would immediately weaken the probability it was in any other house."

LE would have to show specific reasons why they think the hoodie is in the house in order to get a search warrant. Anything they would tell the judge to convince him the hoodie is probably in the house, would make it improbable it would be in any other house. They can't get a warrant for a random possibility, they have to produce probable cause. Basically if it's probably in one house then it's probably not in another house.

Respectfully I disagree with your reasoning for claiming this investigation is botched.

I will stand by my conviction on this case , I seriously believe that this case will turn cold and take many years to solve, I base this on personal experiences of the circus our family went through for many years until a new detective arrived

I will stand by my conviction on this case , I seriously believe that this case will turn cold and take many years to solve, I base this on personal experiences of the circus our family went through for many years until a new detective arrived
And I truly hope Cheryl will be found and receive a proper burial. I pray her family, friends and loved ones will witness justice being served. I hope Cheryl's killer will receive the maximum punishment the law will allow. Don't give up yet tooltimetim.

Tim, regarding the probable cause issue: Police can't search homes on a fishing expedition. They have to have a reasonable belief that evidence is located in that place. So to say to a judge, we want to search Tim, Tom, and Jim's house hoping to find this piece of clothing won't fly. You have to show that you believe it's at Tim's house, only Tim's house, and back up your belief with why you believe it's there.

Regarding the case being botched: Not even close. Police ALWAYS keep 99% of the evidence secret from the public. They release tiny bits as needed and even lie about those bits sometimes because they feel it's necessary for whatever reason. 4 months in a missing person/ homicide case is a grain of sand on the beach. I get that your family has experience in a homicide, so sorry for that. But it was a long time ago. Science and technology has advanced astronomically since then. As much as you want to, you really can't compare anything that was done back then to now. It's just too different. It's like comparing a one-room school house a hundred years ago to a classroom today. Sure, kids are still learning, but that's about all that's the same in the scenario.

TES doesn't expect people to remain in their homes all weekend. They have just asked that people not post online saying, "Hey, I just saw those search people at XYZ Farm! Here's a picture of their truck! do you think they found a body yet???" OR "OMG I just took this picture and I think they found her!" It's not an unreasonable request to ask for discretion.

sorry to say but the tragic death at the Huffman Dam will slip from page 1 to page nothing by the end of this week, I have asked a question concerning the Coker case, I have dug back to the beginning, right after Cheryl disappeared.
How come the police never had Billyboy come down to the station for an official statement, I sorta figured since he was the last one to see her alive that an official statement would be required, could a good defense attorney argue on his behalf that without the initial statement that he’s being unfairly targeted
I always thought when a spouse turns up missing or dead the other spouse is initially considered prime suspect until proven otherwise.
I always thought the official statements right after a crime was committed everything is fresh in people’s minds and could be used later on when future statements are made to look for inconsistencies
.?

sorry to say but the tragic death at the Huffman Dam will slip from page 1 to page nothing by the end of this week, I have asked a question concerning the Coker case, I have dug back to the beginning, right after Cheryl disappeared.
How come the police never had Billyboy come down to the station for an official statement, I sorta figured since he was the last one to see her alive that an official statement would be required, could a good defense attorney argue on his behalf that without the initial statement that he’s being unfairly targeted
I always thought when a spouse turns up missing or dead the other spouse is initially considered prime suspect until proven otherwise.
I always thought the official statements right after a crime was committed everything is fresh in people’s minds and could be used later on when future statements are made to look for inconsistencies
.?
Cheryl Coker case now homicide investigation, husband named suspect

Bill had a girlfriend — and Cheryl knew about the woman.

Detectives have interviewed both people. "They've both been very cooperative with us at this point," Abney said.

Woman missing one month; husband says he wishes he knew what happened

The affidavit attached to the search request sent to Coker’s employer referenced scabs on William’s elbows observed during an interview, and swollen knuckles observed during another interview. Coker, according to the affidavit, said he had injured his left hand in a forklift injury at work, but did not report the injury.

I'm not sure why you think he didn't go down and give a statement. Do you have a link for that? My links show several interviews he had. The scabs and injuries noted in the document make it clear these were recent injuries so I'd say they got a statement from him soon after she was reported missing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member