Found Deceased OH - Cheryl Coker, 46, Riverside, 2 Oct 2018 *husband suspect* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They don't seal a home in a missing person's case. It wasn't until recently that police changed the investigation to a homicide based on new evidence. But even in a homicide they don't seal it forever. In the Jayme Closs case, where two people were murdered and a child was missing, after police were done investigating at the home, they released the home back to family members, well before Jayme escaped.

In this case they needed to look at the larger picture verse just assuming it was just a missing persons case, in this case that home should have been sealed so not to compromise future evidence until they can determine what caused her disappearance, well in previous chats above it was mentioned well it’s been only 4 months, well if the house was sealed to present day they could have went back in with cadeavor dogs , take the shower and sink drains apart look for bodily fluids, and like I have said before that black hoodie, maybe the sweatshirt was in the house during first search, for example.
In the Closs case finding both parents unfortunately murdered is horrible, and yes the police there took more than enough evidence needed, but I am surprised in that case also when the Rhoden family of eight were murdered in Pike county, the state of Ohio sealed and towed the mobile homes away.
So in the Coker case the police assumed right off because the word kidnapping was used that it was a classic missing persons case.
But if they would have used hindsight and held the last place Cheryl was other than her SUV was the home, they lost the chance of additional evidence gathering that may have come up.
So after day 2 of searching the house they turn over to family now Billyboy was given extra chances to ensure unknown evidence to police is destroyed
So if the house was sealed Billyboy would have had to live with GF, and the daughter with a family member
A defense attorney is going to have a field day getting Billyboy off when that day comes...

Hey Everyone,

Please stop with the "BillyBoy" references. William is the name I believe he uses. Bill is acceptable too.
Anyone else uses "BillyBoy" or any variation meant to demean will get a time out.

Thank you,
Tricia

When Bill gave a affidavit in the beginning , did the police read him his Miranda rights, innocent or guilty Bill should have had an attorney present, I know he’s labelled as “suspect” but I have a nagging fear that when and if he ever is arrested for this crime a good defense attorney could cause problems, I just want justice for Cheryl and don’t want him walking on a technicality

When Bill gave a affidavit in the beginning , did the police read him his Miranda rights, innocent or guilty Bill should have had an attorney present, I know he’s labelled as “suspect” but I have a nagging fear that when and if he ever is arrested for this crime a good defense attorney could cause problems, I just want justice for Cheryl and don’t want him walking on a technicality

I doubt it, because he wasn't technically a suspect. Every time they spoke with him early on, I think it was fact-gathering. Everything he has ever said though can be used against him...he wasn't charged or a suspect when they were fact-gathering, but he's still on the record.

I do get a sense he's calm and relieved lately. JMO. God bless the searchers richly. I think our billy...oh wait, Bill is not worried now. I'm sure he's got counsel and is acutely aware of where they're searching; hence my sense he may be feeling prematurely secure. And God, may it only be premature.

Thanks Wyome, I love your response, but correct me if I am wrong, isn’t customary that if a spouse is missing or murdered the other spouse is automatically the POI or suspect until proven otherwise, so did LE do something outside the norm
I really think in the beginning days of LEs investigation I got the impression since this suspected open marriage angle, that there was many different angles this case could go, and by the time it was zeroed in that Bill was evolving as a POI, I think a lot of crucial evidence that could have been gathered in the home ( cadeavor dogs, sink and shower drains, etc...) is lost
Do you think he has an attorney now or is he just going to wait when and if he’s arrested to get a public defender, , the reason I say that I am not sure since he is the sole source of income to maintain the daily bills, and still pay for a lawyer, it must be hard without Cheryl’s income

Any updates from TES from today, are they going to be able to search tommorrow with the snow in the forecast, were supposed to get 1-2 inches on Sunday and turning sharply colder with wind chills below zero

Thanks Wyome, I love your response, but correct me if I am wrong, isn’t customary that if a spouse is missing or murdered the other spouse is automatically the POI or suspect until proven otherwise, so did LE do something outside the norm
I really think in the beginning days of LEs investigation I got the impression since this suspected open marriage angle, that there was many different angles this case could go, and by the time it was zeroed in that Bill was evolving as a POI, I think a lot of crucial evidence that could have been gathered in the home ( cadeavor dogs, sink and shower drains, etc...) is lost
Do you think he has an attorney now or is he just going to wait when and if he’s arrested to get a public defender, , the reason I say that I am not sure since he is the sole source of income to maintain the daily bills, and still pay for a lawyer, it must be hard without Cheryl’s income

Yes, when someone is murdered the spouse is usually #1 on the POI list, so in this case, LE did nothing out of the norm. They interviewed the family, the co-workers, the neighbors, searched the home & electronics, processed the cars and reviewed the tapes. It was methodical and the evidence led them to him.

You may be right that the "open marriage" (aka married people in the outset of divorce, seeing other people)...it might have complicated things for LE in terms of adding time & resources, but I don't think it hindered the investigation or compromised it at all.

I don't know much about cadaver dogs. I've got sight-hounds myself, useless for this kind of stuff. I really have to look into, because I don't know if the training and expense is too high, or if the number of trainable dogs is too low. Impossible to have these highly specialized pups at every missing person's house early on across the country.

I take it that yesterday’s TES search yielded no positive results....
( believe me the local media monitors police radio traffic and if there would have been a call for a medical examiner they would have been all over it)
Are they searching today.???
The weather should be ok, the weatherman got the forecast wrong again, if we get any snow today it will be a light grassy coating....

Does anyone have any ideas if there searches turn up empty this weekend , what is the next possible step in this case,
Do they go ahead and arrest William???

With the experts in the field trying to locate Cheryl , if nothing pans out I feel the only two ways she would be found is by 1) William saying where she is or 2) by total accident by a citizen accidentally finding her
Both are lousy directions........

I know this area pretty good, but the photos mentioned above could be from area down by the Wright Bros abandoned buildings, or around the old abandoned soap factory that had a major fire some time ago,
Sadly there is so many buildings like this in 5 mile circle of Riverside.

If you go through part one of this case thread I had mentioned the possibility of one of these sites being used to hide Cheryl’s body, I drive this area everyday and you see these buildings all over, that’s why I thought the suspect in Cheryl’s case would use a area like this, as you see in the twitter photos this site is pretty nasty

But trying to find Cheryl in places like this is the “ needle in the haystack”

But it’s also surprising too because these sites are magnets to kids and the other low life of society

Question, the police have had TES searching areas they believe Cheryl’s body could be.
We’re not 100 % sure yet the photo is where they were searching, let’s say for discussion it is, if the police have zeroed in on this place I bet they reviewed all security cameras that lead up to this site to see if the suspects vehicle is seen arriving or departing,
And let’s say this is the site, these old buildings have underground tanks, elevator shafts , etc..., so if the suspect choose this site I think he would have needed help, I don’t think a suspect could dispose of a body in the demolished remains of a building by himself

Like I said earlier I have driven all over this area and some of these abandoned buildings in this area look like they were part of a WW2 aerial bombing.

And let’s say the suspect did use this site to dispose of Cheryl, there had to be some form of preplanning , surveillance , and help to carry this off

Wow, that article in the attachment is mind blowing, especially especially the connection with a site where Williams dad could have worked at....

I sorta figured he had to select a site that was familiar to him, a site where he knows the entrance and egress sites , I certainly hope the TES team can find her hopefully next weekend, let’s hope.......

With the info released by TES today and mentioning a possible site familiar to William, how are the authorities securing this possible site so William doesn’t tamper with evidence or if Cheryl is there move her body!

Wow, that article in the attachment is mind blowing, especially especially the connection with a site where Williams dad could have worked at....

I sorta figured he had to select a site that was familiar to him, a site where he knows the entrance and egress sites , I certainly hope the TES team can find her hopefully next weekend, let’s hope.......
IMO they seem more confident in finding Cheryl than they have in other cases they've helped search before.

That site mentioned above referenced a TES update, about the site where Williams father could have worked,

How do they secure the scene or ensure the suspect knowing this is the site from returning to destroy evidence or move the body, Riverside PDs dept is small so they couldnt provide 24/7 watchdog surveillance of William, ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist