Found Deceased OH - Cheryl Coker, 46, Riverside, 2 Oct 2018 *husband suspect* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This one is sad and frustrating for sure. I’m feeling similarly about the Barbara Thomas case, which I’ve been following closely and which sorely needs fresh eyes and/or more info.

I'm going to look this one up. I saw her picture briefly while checking websleuth updates today before leaving for work. It spoke to me; can't explain it. Thanks for the reminder.

Respectfully you have absolutely no idea what's going on behind the scenes that Cheryl's daughters are living with every day. You have no way of knowing if there are any valid reasons why they aren't performing to your high expectations. And just so you know I seriously doubt that Cheryl's family is concerned with whether you can get your heart to ache for them. And speaking of heartburn...

With all due respect, there's cause for outrage in the case. Look up William and the gf's affidavits. The crap's been smeared.

Couple that with videos of the perp briskly walking away in black hoodie; witnesses spotting him through neighborhoods, ending with perp re-entering VICTIM's backyard.

So, while we don't know specifically what the family's going through, we can surmise based on multiple family vacations to Florida that William has brought his child and girlfriend on, conveniently before and after Cheryl's demise, that dysfunction is at play.

Of course we have high expectations. No one else seems to. Take a look at the replacement that's nurturing Cheryl's youngest. Then wonder why no one is flipping out.

With all due respect, there's cause for outrage in the case. Look up William and the gf's affidavits. The crap's been smeared.

Couple that with videos of the perp briskly walking away in black hoodie; witnesses spotting him through neighborhoods, ending with perp re-entering VICTIM's backyard.

So, while we don't know specifically what the family's going through, we can surmise based on multiple family vacations to Florida that William has brought his child and girlfriend on, conveniently before and after Cheryl's demise, that dysfunction is at play.

Of course we have high expectations. No one else seems to. Take a look at the replacement that's nurturing Cheryl's youngest. Then wonder why no one is flipping out.
I've read the affidavits. I've watched the videos of the perp and I know about the vacations to Florida but I don't know what you expect the family to do. I agree the minor daughter is living in a dysfunctional home and I wish to heck she could leave, but really what can be done legally at this point? I'm seriously asking.

I'm surprised that anyone would mention "thread closing" for a thread that shows up on the front or second page of about 175 pages (20 threads each?) of ongoing missing persons cases on WS.

Even if LE declares it a cold case, the beauty of WS is that if people still return and post, the thread tends to stay alive (as it should). If I were going to shut threads (to what, save tiny amounts of storage space?) I'd start with very old threads with no activity (and there are subforms other than this one where things are very stale).

I've read the affidavits. I've watched the videos of the perp and I know about the vacations to Florida but I don't know what you expect the family to do. I agree the minor daughter is living in a dysfunctional home and I wish to heck she could leave, but really what can be done legally at this point? I'm seriously asking.

Like you, @Tillicum, I can't think of anything that can be done legally?

I'm surprised that anyone would mention "thread closing" for a thread that shows up on the front or second page of about 175 pages (20 threads each?) of ongoing missing persons cases on WS.

Even if LE declares it a cold case, the beauty of WS is that if people still return and post, the thread tends to stay alive (as it should). If I were going to shut threads (to what, save tiny amounts of storage space?) I'd start with very old threads with no activity (and there are subforms other than this one where things are very stale).

Like you, @Tillicum, I can't think of anything that can be done legally?
The prosecutor in the video I posted above said he had something they don't have in Cheryl's case - a witness. That would change everything IMO. I can't imagine what Cheryl's siblings and mother are going through. Not only do they know that Bill killed Cheryl but their minor niece/granddaughter is living there with her father, her mother's killer. If he's capable of killing Cheryl, do they really want to say anything that could tick him off and put the daughter in danger?

Respectfully you have absolutely no idea what's going on behind the scenes that Cheryl's daughters are living with every day. You have no way of knowing if there are any valid reasons why they aren't performing to your high expectations. And just so you know I seriously doubt that Cheryl's family is concerned with whether you can get your heart to ache for them. And speaking of heartburn...
I think in spite of @tooltimetim 's tough talk, lol, is a very caring, gentle and kind man who not only wants justice for Cheryl, but her family, too. I also think he's worried about the youngest- he has said this numerous times, why he doesn't understand that a suspect in a murder case is allowed to have custody of their daughter. Why that same suspect is allowed to take her on vacations with his girlfriend out of state.

It's a real fear, too, not an imagined one. We don't know what he's capable of, if he will do it again.

I don't think tim expects Cheryl's mother to go on interviews- that poor lady is going through her own hell and pain. Not to mention, Cheryl's car was parked within view of her home- how sick is that?

I can totally understand family being afraid to rock the boat, just in case he entertains thoughts of hurting anyone else, most notably, their daughter. It truly is a double edged sword, but Cheryl does have one family member trying on some missing pages and several friends.

While Tim and I have come head to head on a few things, I have to say, I admire him for giving his thoughts and voice to find Cheryl, for bumping this thread up numerous times a day to keep her name out there, for giving us local information that we wouldn't know about unless any of us live there, too- I don't live there, so I don't know the area at all. I admire that he's not letting Cheryl's case go cold, at least on here. I admire that he's angry that Cheryl's signs were taken down, posters taken down, the billboard.

So, I just try to take the good with the bad. Agree to disagree. Tim's pretty good about not being offended if you don't agree with him. I just think he truly cares and just wants Cheryl to be found and her family and friends to have answers. Cheryl to have justice. Tim had his own family member that was murdered and his family went through a lot to get justice for her.

I'd like to see a reward offered for Cheryl. I don't know why, after all this time, there hasn't been. Families and businesses would be happy to donate for such a cause, and outdoor advertising companies would more than likely provide the free spaces.

Local radio hosts are always looking for ways to fill the airwaves. 20 minute interview with a willing family member walking through the events of the weekend prior to Cheryl going missing through to the day she was reported missing. The family gets the timeline out there again and tip line can be linked directly to LE.

Cheryl had some favorite hot spots according to sister-in-law. She reportedly visited them to look for her. They'd be great spots to organize a spotlight on Cheryl night, 10% of all proceeds go towards future searches. If nothing else, you get the locals and regulars talking and remembering.

Hire a private investigator? I'm not sure how that works or how much that costs. But I know LE's completely stalled and it appears at this point that unless her body is found, there's not much further investigating going on.

Demand a cold case team take a second look at everything.

I think it’s time we put this specific case on the back burner, we have all offered great insight, but it’s a extremely frustrating case..

I feel bad for Cheryl’s mom and sister Barb, but as per the rest, it’s the perfect case of the Strong preying on the Weak, William with his phoney I’m the greatest dad in the world routine, <modsnip>

as per the police they lost interest after February, when they released the video and named him suspect......they gambled and lost, their lack of interest today is based on the daily crime workload, today’s crimes push yesterday’s to the back , .......

<modsnip>
remember Cheryl got up with the best intentions, like any other morning, and some jackass made a God decision to end hers.....

<modsnip >
Cheryl was a person, a mom, a sister, a daughter...

they can’t be afraid, of him or anything, like with my aunts murder I did not want to go with my Dad to the morgue, to indentify my moms aunts body , but we both stood there as the family elders and did the hard thing...

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I just want to bring this forward for any who missed it earlier or for those of us who may want to review it again. It's from the search warrant for Cheryl and Bill's house.

https://www.whio.com/news/local/che...-before-disappearance/VxcWN95Qc1kR9LTVsJvEUI/

Investigators sought a lengthy list of items from the Coker residence, the warrant shows, including furniture covers, body fluids, computers, cell phones, weapons, tools and other items “used to conceal or dispose of a body,” and “any and all materials, electrical stimuli, chemicals, topicals, indigestible or inhalants that could render a human unresponsive or unconscious.”

I just want to bring this forward for any who missed it earlier or for those of us who may want to review it again. It's from the search warrant for Cheryl and Bill's house.

https://www.whio.com/news/local/che...-before-disappearance/VxcWN95Qc1kR9LTVsJvEUI/

Investigators sought a lengthy list of items from the Coker residence, the warrant shows, including furniture covers, body fluids, computers, cell phones, weapons, tools and other items “used to conceal or dispose of a body,” and “any and all materials, electrical stimuli, chemicals, topicals, indigestible or inhalants that could render a human unresponsive or unconscious.”
I think they know what happened but need a body IMO.

Body-less cases are indeed hard to prosecute, so I understand their hesitancy. However, DA's have been de-selected over issues like this, if enough publicity is brought to bear.

I do wonder if people (including perhaps even DA) are afraid of this case.

Body-less cases are indeed hard to prosecute, so I understand their hesitancy. However, DA's have been de-selected over issues like this, if enough publicity is brought to bear.

I've wondered this, too- if they're afraid of the case.

I've also wondered if it's possible he knows someone up the ladder, so to speak.

I do agree with @tooltimetim in his thoughts about how new daily crimes shove the old ones to the back burner. I know it happens in many cases with LE, especially areas where there's a lot of crime daily and not enough staff on the police force to investigate every single one.

I'd love to see the family call in David Marshburn. We know Tim from Texas Eqqusearch's team has been there twice- so we do know for a fact that Cheryl's family did reach out to Tim and his team. The family has to contact them first, and LE has to agree to allow them to help. That request has to come from the family- so we know behind the scenes, someone from the immediate family did reach out for outside help. The last time Eqqusearch was there, they said that they felt that they were getting close to finding Cheryl- something about having the right pew in the wrong church, or maybe it's reversed- right church, wrong pew. So, in my eyes, that team felt that they are getting close- tells me they may have found something near the area of the suspect's second job.

Cheryl, I hope you are found soon and answers are finally given and the suspect finally arrested for your murder. Many of us here aren't letting this go until you are found. You deserve that and justice!

I've been trying to find the article but had no luck so far, but the detective says they will eventually charge him even if they don't find Cheryl. JMO but I think they know they'll have a much better chance of conviction if Cheryl's remains are found so they're waiting to charge until they've given it more time to find her.
There's another article/interview I'm looking for. The detective says they got a new piece of evidence that led them to know Cheryl is dead but they wouldn't tell what type of evidence it is.

Cheryl Coker timeline: How police got to naming husband as suspect

Investigators also said Tuesday newly discovered evidence led them to the conclusion that this is a homicide investigation but would not specify what that evidence is.

Video at link

Steelslady you had mentioned a area near his second job, is that job you reference that trucking company where William used to work...I think in previous posts he used to load and unload trucks..

can’t remember the name off hand, but it is buried somewhere in our posts, where I had posted it...

that area where they searched in Vandelia, is where the Dayton airport is and a lot of open wooded area due to the airport..

Fellow sleuths please go to WHIO, and read the story about the fake kidnapping calls this am, I hope they throw the key away on whoever did this........this why the police are taxed to the max, and why some people don’t pay attention to missing persons cases.....damn this individual...

please post your response if you ever seen crap like this..

I've wondered this, too- if they're afraid of the case.

I've also wondered if it's possible he knows someone up the ladder, so to speak.

I do agree with @tooltimetim in his thoughts about how new daily crimes shove the old ones to the back burner. I know it happens in many cases with LE, especially areas where there's a lot of crime daily and not enough staff on the police force to investigate every single one.

I'd love to see the family call in David Marshburn. We know Tim from Texas Eqqusearch's team has been there twice- so we do know for a fact that Cheryl's family did reach out to Tim and his team. The family has to contact them first, and LE has to agree to allow them to help. That request has to come from the family- so we know behind the scenes, someone from the immediate family did reach out for outside help. The last time Eqqusearch was there, they said that they felt that they were getting close to finding Cheryl- something about having the right pew in the wrong church, or maybe it's reversed- right church, wrong pew. So, in my eyes, that team felt that they are getting close- tells me they may have found something near the area of the suspect's second job.

Cheryl, I hope you are found soon and answers are finally given and the suspect finally arrested for your murder. Many of us here aren't letting this go until you are found. You deserve that and justice!

It's interesting you mention Bill's second job. I believe the sister-in-laws posts months ago "confirmed" that he does not work there anymore. Makes one wonder if he wanted to shake that connection.

For anyone who hasn't read for themselves. Below is a video prepared with family's permission, outlining search warrant documents and official affidavits by witnesses very early on, including husband and girlfriend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist