Found Deceased OH - Cheryl Coker, 46, Riverside, 2 Oct 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That may be a possibility also. If going back to her residence there may be a way from Woodman Dr. To get back to her home. Maybe somewhere around Spinning Hills school.
I was talking about if the person driving Cheryl's car left that car on foot rather than a vehicle and if they did not cross the parking lot back toward Spinning RD. Going through the Apartment building parking lot is the only way to not be on either camera we have seen footage from.

If they did cross the parking lot (westward toward Spinning RD) they would be on camera. We have been told that the camera that captured her vehicle coming from Spinning RD into the parking lot was a continuous recording camera while the camera that captured her vehicle going to the parking spot was a motion activated camera - two different cameras. The camera that captured her vehicle entering the parking lot would also capture anyone that walked in that parking lot as well and which way they went. It is entirely possible that video does exist, but has not been released, that shows an individual walking westward across the parking lot.

For what it is worth I have reservations about whether that camera that recorded her vehicle parking was a motion-activated camera.

For what it is worth I have reservations about whether that camera that recorded her vehicle parking was a motion-activated camera.

I believe it was, there were two camera that got footage, both were motion based.

It's not uncommon just because leaving it up constantly consumes a large amount of space. Even the company I work at is motioned based, it will record for a set period of time when motion is detected and then shut off.

So I do believe that is probably accurate.. I think we don't see anyone getting out because of unfortunate timing, and I also think they knew cameras were up.. that they parked in a spot that was bad for the cameras .. they must have exited through the field because if they had walked back through the lot, it would have been detected by one of the two cameras we have footage from.

Last edited:
We have a motion activated camera at home. It will go on when a car drives by 30 feet away, but not when my son walks by to get inside after school. I even had him dance in front of it earlier this week—nothing. Yet it showed the pizza delivery guy walking up tonight. Very strange! Just thinking maybe the camera in the parking lot could act odd like ours.

We have a motion activated camera at home. It will go on when a car drives by 30 feet away, but not when my son walks by to get inside after school. I even had him dance in front of it earlier this week—nothing. Yet it showed the pizza delivery guy walking up tonight. Very strange! Just thinking maybe the camera in the parking lot could act odd like ours.

It's all about the quality of the camera, the software controlling it .. even the time of day with lighting.. it's weird, there's usually even multiple modes of motion detection available, some more effective than others in certain situations.

I do think the car was parked in that location specifically because it was near the field.

Ok, so this is where I am confused. If her husband did something to her, where is the evidence? I just can't believe that he could have harmed her, drove her car 9 minutes away, walked back to the house, and then what? There doesn't appear to be any evidence at her home that shows foul play was involved.

Does anyone know if he still lives there? If not, have the police searched his residence yet? His car and phone? No one in the neighborhood saw anyone drive away from the house, just pull in?

I wonder if he kidnapped her?

Both of their cars were seen in the driveway at 10:39am. Her car pulled into the parking lot where it was abandoned at 10:48. It is less than half a mile from the parking lot to the home.

Given this very short time frame how do we get to how she was taken from home without someone seeing something. Possibly something was done to her earlier than 10:39-- someone mentioned they were to meet at the home at 10 am. But how to get her out of the house unnoticed in daylight hours? The street name is mentioned in the media and you can find it on Google street view because her car is in driveway when Google took footage. Houses are close together.
Did either of them actually still live there? Maybe she moved out if afraid of him. What about daughter at school? How did she normally get home and if it was that house did she notice anything out if place? Did she have to call someone to get her, did she ride bus, did she wonder where her mom was?
Just trying to think of possibilities.

Ok, so this is where I am confused. If her husband did something to her, where is the evidence? I just can't believe that he could have harmed her, drove her car 9 minutes away, walked back to the house, and then what? There doesn't appear to be any evidence at her home that shows foul play was involved.

Does anyone know if he still lives there? If not, have the police searched his residence yet? His car and phone? No one in the neighborhood saw anyone drive away from the house, just pull in?

What makes you think nothing at the house indicates no foul play? they said her path was back home, then her phone ended up in that lot.. her husband's vehicle was spotted at her residence.. within a super short period of her last being seen..

<modsnip - no source provided>

Last edited by a moderator:
What makes you think nothing at the house indicates no foul play? they said her path was back home, then her phone ended up in that lot.. her husband's vehicle was spotted at her residence.. within a super short period of her last being seen..

Do you have a theory on how she was taken from the house in such a short time frame in broad daylight in just speculating there was foul play in the residence? It would be crazy to try to take your victim from the scene in a neighborhood like that relatively late morning.

Whomever parked the car in Krogers lot within 10 minutes of being at the residence could not possibly have done something alone. Either she was followed there, or someone else walked away from her vehicle and possibly met someone in another vehicle some distance away. Or the best outcome at this point is for some reason she pulled it off herself and disappeared.
It would help to know if anyone saw both cars leaving either at same time or separately and the time difference if any. I'm sure LE has more info than they are letting on to piece together some more likely possibilities.

The whole thing doesn't add up. If there was firearm violence in the home the evidence would be overwhelming. LE, in doing the wellness check, didn't see anything suspicious. And all we have is second hand information from an adult stepchild saying he had been physical with her and his car was there with hers. No other LE reports of domestic events at the house, no camera evidence or neighbor's video to back this up. Not to imply there is untruthfulness there, but I've worked numerous cases where family members are less than honest due to personal agendas so until there is corroborating evidence I'll treat it as opinion.

The whole thing doesn't add up. If there was firearm violence in the home the evidence would be overwhelming. LE, in doing the wellness check, didn't see anything suspicious. And all we have is second hand information from an adult stepchild saying he had been physical with her and his car was there with hers. No other LE reports of domestic events at the house, no camera evidence or neighbor's video to back this up. Not to imply there is untruthfulness there, but I've worked numerous cases where family members are less than honest due to personal agendas so until there is corroborating evidence I'll treat it as opinion.
To be honest, I've wondered about self-harm myself.

I have not found anything in MSM articles, not even comments on those sites from locals, that this man might somehow be involved in her disappearance. Now, I am not saying that foul play didn't happen, but I think we're not looking at other angles like we should be, because so far, there has been no evidence told to the press that leans towards foul play.

<modsnip - discussing fb comments> Lots of times, people choose to meet up in public spaces <modsnip - speculation>. 10:49 when her car was seen driving in is close to both 1045 (if she was running a few minutes late) or maybe showing up early for an 11:00 arranged meeting. Also, do I remember hearing one of the news videos say that when the car parked, the driver sat in it initially? If so, she may have sat there waiting for the other person to meet her.

<modsnip - speculation>. I do question if someone would have been able to...do what? Abduct her? Force her into their car? in the middle of the day in a parking lot, but it happened with Kelsey Smith in a Target parking lot in broad daylight. And if the person had a gun or some other weapon.....it's possible.

<modsnip - discussing fb comments> Lots of times, people choose to meet up in public spaces <modsnip - speculation>. 10:49 when her car was seen driving in is close to both 1045 (if she was running a few minutes late) or maybe showing up early for an 11:00 arranged meeting. Also, do I remember hearing one of the news videos say that when the car parked, the driver sat in it initially? If so, she may have sat there waiting for the other person to meet her.

<modsnip - speculation>. I do question if someone would have been able to...do what? Abduct her? Force her into their car? in the middle of the day in a parking lot, but it happened with Kelsey Smith in a Target parking lot in broad daylight. And if the person had a gun or some other weapon.....it's possible.
I was just coming on here to post this myself- good thoughts in your post!

She could have been meeting someone to sell something. I am sure that LE is checking into this already to see if that is a possibility.

Also, LE said that the husband is not a suspect:

Police complete search of missing Riverside woman's home

<modsnip - quoted post removed>
Just wanted to let you and everyone else know, there is a FB page for her now, and they could probably use some folks help like yourself, Onedulaity. Just look up her name and add "missing" next to it, and it will come up. It is a closed group, admins are really dedicated to help find her- no drama what so ever.

Is there a link here somewhere to the video of her vehicle driving north on Spinning before it enters parking lot? It appears to be taken from the camera on side of Kroger building. I know I saw it but cant find it now.

This is not the one I'm thinking of as it's the only one I can find. I was sure I saw one of her car on the road which had no view if all those cars in the parking lot. Theres a camera mounted on on the west side of the Kroger building pointed at Spinning Rd. I thought I saw footage from this vantage point showing a clear view of her car relatively isolated on the road without other cars obscuring it

This is not the one I'm thinking of as it's the only one I can find. I was sure I saw one of her car on the road which had no view if all those cars in the parking lot. Theres a camera mounted on on the west side of the Kroger building pointed at Spinning Rd. I thought I saw footage from this vantage point showing a clear view of her car relatively isolated on the road without other cars obscuring it

If it’s out there somewhere I’d like to see it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoenStacey1961