Found Deceased OH - Cheryl Coker, 46, Riverside, 2 Oct 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to catch up on this thread later- just got home from work and am cooking dinner.Poor Cheryl, I can't get her off of my mind, or her daughters. I'm wondering if the girls are with their father? Scary thought, if you ask me!

I've wondered the same. I think her one daughter is older and lives on her own. Maybe she has the younger daughter. ??

Yeah, and I just verified the court dockets for the divorce.. They did indeed have a hearing scheduled for the day she went missing.. It was supposed to be the final filing which would have made the divorce complete.

Not accurate. This was just the beginning of the case. If he didn't answer the Complaint, SHE could have gone forward and finalized. And that date you are referring to is the date an order was issued setting the court date for November.

The gray hughes video says the husband was having an affair for over a year. We know husband's car was in the driveway at same time as Cheryl's and about ten minutes later, her car entered the parking lot and parked. What we don't know is whether the husband drove his car to the house or someone else did, if ya know what I mean. Seems only cellphone pings of appropriate parties and/or DNA will have to answer this mystery. Just throwing the net out a little further for discussion sake, although I think we have probably all come to a similar conclusion.

Not accurate. This was just the beginning of the case. If he didn't answer the Complaint, SHE could have gone forward and finalized. And that date you are referring to is the date an order was issued setting the court date for November.

According to this news article she filed for divorce 11 days prior to her disappearance. She went missing on Tuesday, October 2nd, that would mean she filed for divorce on Friday, September 21st.

Daughter of missing Riverside woman remains hopeful as search continues

The gray hughes video says the husband was having an affair for over a year. We know husband's car was in the driveway at same time as Cheryl's and about ten minutes later, her car entered the parking lot and parked. What we don't know is whether the husband drove his car to the house or someone else did, if ya know what I mean. Seems only cellphone pings of appropriate parties and/or DNA will have to answer this mystery. Just throwing the net out a little further for discussion sake, although I think we have probably all come to a similar conclusion.

The issue is that her home is in close proximity to where the car was left, his cell phone pings would be of use for sure.. but it doesn't mean he had to take his cell phone with him after whatever may .. or may not have occurred.. it COULD be a smoking gun, it just may not be..

So in the Gray Hughes video shared above, he says he was messaging with her daughter who told him she knows of a few instances where the husband put his hands on her (Cheryl).

Then the divorce filing and the fact the neighbor saw both their cars in the driveway mere minutes before her car was driven to that lot.

I don't know of what else would have happened to her, you know what I mean? Let's say the husband ISN'T involved at all. What in the world would have transpired in 9 minutes? I just don't see Cheryl driving over, leaving her own car with all possessions inside, and then walking out of her life. I also highly doubt that she left to drive somewhere else and was carjacked or something within that small time frame and had her car driven there. I mean, sure I guess that's possible, but highly highly unlikely.

I am curious what time Cheryl arrived back at her house and what time her husband arrived at the house. And though she filed for divorce, were they still living together?

I've wondered the same. I think her one daughter is older and lives on her own. Maybe she has the younger daughter. ??
According to her divorce papers (which are linked on the first page of this thread) there is one child in the home who is still a minor.

Attachments

• upload_2018-10-13_12-32-8.png
    upload_2018-10-13_12-32-8.png
    150.1 KB · Views: 12
I live in the area also. Go to that Krogers now and then as I live a little east of it in Beavercreek. Her residence is in group of plat homes between Spinning Rd and Woodman Dr. What makes sense to me is he followed her there. Wonder if they have checked surveillance for his car. Being it is only a few minutes between time both cars were seen at residence to when her car seen in the lot, this is a possibility. Or he drove it there, walked back to residence and waited until later, possibly after dark or late evening to do something with her. Maybe wee hours of morning when everyone sleeping.
There is a VFW post and Yum Yum Drive thru on west side of Spinning Rd directly across Spinning from Kroger/Clancy parking lot that must have surveillance. There have been robberies at the drive thru. Possibly he could have been seen walking unless he deliberately walked out of the way in neighborhoods behind Kroger. He would have put the car there to make it look like she was abducted from there as she most likely shopped at Krogers.
We would need to know the timing though of the cars leaving. He can't drive 2 at once.

I live in the area also. Go to that Krogers now and then as I live a little east of it in Beavercreek. Her residence is in group of plat homes between Spinning Rd and Woodman Dr. What makes sense to me is he followed her there. Wonder if they have checked surveillance for his car. Being it is only a few minutes between time both cars were seen at residence to when her car seen in the lot, this is a possibility. Or he drove it there, walked back to residence and waited until later, possibly after dark or late evening to do something with her. Maybe wee hours of morning when everyone sleeping.
There is a VFW post and Yum Yum Drive thru on west side of Spinning Rd directly across Spinning from Kroger/Clancy parking lot that must have surveillance. There have been robberies at the drive thru. Possibly he could have been seen walking unless he deliberately walked out of the way in neighborhoods behind Kroger. He would have put the car there to make it look like she was abducted from there as she most likely shopped at Krogers.
We would need to know the timing though of the cars leaving. He can't drive 2 at once.
Well, if we go by the news stories with the surveillance video we know that allegedly the one camera was a motion-activated camera and the other camera was a constant recording camera. The latter camera was the one that shows Cheryl's vehicle going north on Spinning RD before turning into the second entrance to the parking lot. That camera would also pick up anyone walking in that view and law enforcement would be able to anyone that walked toward Spinning RD and then which direction from there - though the resolution would almost certainly not be enough to identify a person. If they saw no such person, then the person didn't go that way. Law enforcement has been playing coy about the surveillance footage they have so I would not rule out that they have video of someone walking across the parking lot.

As for going behind the plaza to exit the area a Google Satellite view shows that there is a fence/fences that go behind the entire stretch (and behind the Jehovah's Witness Kingdom Hall next door). I have attached a screenshot of the fences seen in the Satellite View.

Google Maps

While you can go behind the buildings of the plaza itself between the buildings and the fence(s) a look at Google Street View from Spinning RD shows that there are two cameras visible on the Kroger's. I have attached a screen shot portion pointing to the cameras behind Kroger's.

Google Maps

The only direction I believe the person that drove Cheryl's car could have gone without ending up on camera (if that truly is the case) is if they went northeast-ward toward the Apartment building and down toward Burkhardt RD. Of course, any cameras in that vicinity would also yield anyone walking though I have not noticed any exterior facing cameras at the apartment building. And if the person went south on Spinning RD at anytime they would eventually come in view of closer cameras at either Kroger or the businesses across the street though I didn't notice exterior facing cameras where the Laundromat/Pizza Place/Barbershop is located nor at the Beer Distributor, nor the VFW.

None of this precludes that another car arrived and the individual that drove Cheryl's car to the parking lot got into that vehicle. Like I said, law enforcement is playing coy with the surveillance footage they have and are trickling out pieces of it over time. Of course if that happened and LE is sitting on that the other involved individual should extricate themselves from what will eventually happen in this case.

Attachments

• FencesBehindPlazaAndJW.png
    FencesBehindPlazaAndJW.png
    465.1 KB · Views: 25
  • CamerasBehindKroger.png
    CamerasBehindKroger.png
    226.2 KB · Views: 21
So in the Gray Hughes video shared above, he says he was messaging with her daughter who told him she knows of a few instances where the husband put his hands on her (Cheryl).

Then the divorce filing and the fact the neighbor saw both their cars in the driveway mere minutes before her car was driven to that lot.

I don't know of what else would have happened to her, you know what I mean? Let's say the husband ISN'T involved at all. What in the world would have transpired in 9 minutes? I just don't see Cheryl driving over, leaving her own car with all possessions inside, and then walking out of her life. I also highly doubt that she left to drive somewhere else and was carjacked or something within that small time frame and had her car driven there. I mean, sure I guess that's possible, but highly highly unlikely.

I am curious what time Cheryl arrived back at her house and what time her husband arrived at the house. And though she filed for divorce, were they still living together?
From all appearance and addresses in the court filings both her and her husband lived in the same house. Her daughter hasn't said that they were living separately nor has law enforcement. My working assumption is that her husband was home when Cheryl took their younger daughter to school and was still home when she returned from doing so - not long after 7:30am. Based on Street View of their home they only have a one-car garage and one-car width driveway. So, her vehicle would be behind any other vehicle in the driveway or garage.

None of this precludes that another car arrived and the individual that drove Cheryl's car to the parking lot got into that vehicle

Yes thought of an "accomplice" also. I keep watching and visiting websites of local media for more news and know law enforcement is not saying much. I am very familiar with this area and have been in Dayton area most of my life. I knew exactly where her vehicle was coming from down Spinning Rd relative to her home. Normally if you are going to any of those businesses from her location you would turn in the first drive. Using the 2nd drive entrance would make sense if you were trying to avoid detection by cameras. Just found today that websleuths has thread on this. Follow a few other threads here and it was a welcome surprise to find this.

Yes thought of an "accomplice" also. I keep watching and visiting websites of local media for more news and know law enforcement is not saying much. I am very familiar with this area and have been in Dayton area most of my life. I knew exactly where her vehicle was coming from down Spinning Rd relative to her home. Normally if you are going to any of those businesses from her location you would turn in the first drive. Using the 2nd drive entrance would make sense if you were trying to avoid detection by cameras. Just found today that websleuths has thread on this. Follow a few other threads here and it was a welcome surprise to find this.

Yeah I live near by as well.. the way they came in and where they parked, and also the strong possibility they took off on foot through the grass to avoid being seen on camera is definitely suspicious..

Had they got out and walked across the lot, they'd have triggered the motion sensors on the cameras..

ogle Maps

The only direction I believe the person that drove Cheryl's car could have gone without ending up on camera (if that truly is the case) is if they went northeast-ward toward the Apartment building and down toward Burkhardt RD. Of
That may be a possibility also. If going back to her residence there may be a way from Woodman Dr. To get back to her home. Maybe somewhere around Spinning Hills school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Let the light shine