Found Deceased OH - Cheryl Coker, 46, Riverside, 2 Oct 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wyome just curious who is Jennifer Kesse and Susan Powell, are these cases the police screwed up ?
As per Cheryl’s case we all know that the police obtained all evidence in October and there hasnt been anything new since,
The one question I have did William have knowledge of the type of cameras outside a Clancy’s , or was it pure dumb luck.
He doesn’t seem like the brightest bulb in the box, but someone who was extremely lucky.
I know who ever left her vehicle in that parking lot is and was taunting everyone, and my question, is there any way someone can determine by the camera what type of system is recording , who ever picked that spot to park her vehicle to me had knowledge,
Was there any witnesses or camera footage of William lurking around the entrance of Kroger scoping out camera days before, the camera is visible from the sidewalk in front of Kroger!
I'm sure LE didn't intentionally screw up; but they could have released info a lot earlier like in the case of Jennifer Kesse. Might have made a HUGE difference.

As far as Susan Powell goes, it seems LE did everything they possibly could to prove the case, but husband was able to stall at every turn. Until he killed the boys and himself inside their home, taking all of his secrets with him. She's never been found. I fear this for Cheryl.

Yes I do blame the police and prosecutors office , these offices only as good as the people sitting behind the desk, I was in the military for 26 years , worked up the ladder, and saw a lot of people in jobs that should have not been there,
The husband stalling that way , the police are responsible for those children’s deaths
What bothers me and this is my observation there is too much political correctness, don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings, and the damn criminal has more rights than the victim,
I would not turn my back on William......

With him being a POI , I firmly think that she knows what happened, but I think unless Bill wants another girlfriend with low mileage, she will never come foreword, she’s probably afraid that she could meet the same fate as Cheryl.
Mr Bill seems like the type of guy who bores quickly, let’s hope his current girlfriend never gets “ on the nest”,
So basically if I understand what everyone is saying, that unless new evidence comes foreword this case is in limbo
Question, since we have started February, and it’s been 4 mos, can the police request another interview with him to see if his statement is consistent or will his lawyer not allow it, and if that would happen that would just seal the deal of guilt, yes or no

I suppose they can request an interview with him anytime, but I doubt that his lawyer will let them talk to him unless they arrest him, and even then, probably won’t make it easy. It’s pretty common, once you have legal representation, for the police to be frustrated in this way. There is a case here about the disappearance of Sylvia Lwowski in 1975-she was on a date with her fiance, and he came back without her, saying they fought and she got out of the car and took off. The fiance wouldn’t answer any questions, and even now the police have to contact his lawyer if they want to talk to him-or they can be charged with harassment. But there are many, many cases like this here at Websleuths.

In your past experience has it ever happened where the police got court ok for wiretaps for his internet or cell phone, or the girlfriend to gather more evidence
Also in your past experience of examing other cases more cases go unsolved because the husband or boyfriend seem to be that much smarter than the police

In your past experience has it ever happened where the police got court ok for wiretaps for his internet or cell phone, or the girlfriend to gather more evidence
Also in your past experience of examing other cases more cases go unsolved because the husband or boyfriend seem to be that much smarter than the police

If you are speaking to me, then I would say that I think it’s not easy to get a court order to do what you’ve described.

As far as boyfriends/husbands being smarter than the police...well, I think they get incredibly lucky, as opposed to smart. Don’t forget, he also has the benefit of advance planning, frequently. And the perpetrator doesn’t follow all of the laws with which the police are restrained. So he has a much greater amount of leeway to suplement his luck.

The reason I am so passionate is I see what my family went through finding my Moms aunt Mabel ( 93yrs old) neatened so bad that the family had a hard time confirming the body then after the beating was thrown down her cellar stairs where she died , it took over 30 years to solve her case, but the detective who solved the case and many others butted heads with his superiors , because as noted the superiors and prosecutors office were more worried about “success numbers” for their own career advancement, this detective was suspended because he refused to play the “dog and pony shows” , but he produced results, I remember him coming to our home and told my mom he’s unorthodox but he promised to solve it, and he did
So my moms aunt a frail 93 year old woman did not deserve to be killed in her own home, just like Cheryl did not deserve the harm in her home either, I just don’t want to see the investigators or prosecutors worrying more about the win / loss column for their respective careers ,
Another personal experience that is similiar, when I was in the military my primary job was aircraft maintenance, before becoming a first sergeant, when a mechanic completes a job, engine change, flight control, etc... we had higher ranking people who were supposed to know the job and verify the job was completed by the book so the aircraft could fly, the military has many who are afraid to say the job done go ahead and fly,
This is what I think is happening with our legal system, either the police leadership or prosecutors are after to put their name on a case , work hard, and convict without a body, they would rather wait until the case is wrapped up perfect like a Christmas present, do a news conference take all the credit and add another feather to their cap, for future political aspirations
So with William identified as a POI submit what you have to a grand jury , let them decide if they say no , step back and find out what they said is the weak point and try again, there is no limit on grand juries,
Maybe 12 citizens sitting on the grand jury can see that yes the man can be arrested, move foreword
This has to be done before William hurts someone else, the same way that one murdered his boys as mentioned above, the collateral damage from this cowards can be stopped
So Riverside convene a grand jury and see where you stand, please don’t wait too long or just worry about the people you took the oath for, not political win / loss numbers

Has anyone heard anything from other posts or media, I’ve been checking any and all sites I know and it’s quiet.
The most bothersome issue with Cheryl’s case and the other missing women, is these women got up one morning just like they did everyday before, and some Coward, decided on his own to take their lives away,
What angers me with the snails pace of ever solving their cases, is imagine what Cheryl and these other women went thru, what horrific fear and pain did these cowards inflick as they snuffed their lives away.
Either fast or slow,
I realize that LE has there “Rule book” , but these women deserve justice, and our crappy legal system makes the thought of justice out of sight, especially as more and cases begin each day the fallen women are forgotten our society owes to them because our crappy society bread these cowards.....

@tooltimetim I am so very sorry to hear about your great aunts death and the brutal way that she died! What a sicko, doing that to a frail 93 year old woman. I think many of us unfortunately can relate with your loss- whether it's a family member, friend, co-worker- no matter who or what, young or old- it's heartbreaking when people are murdered and the progress of the investigation is so slow. It took over 40 something years for a friend of mine to finally officially know who murdered her brother. Even though they suspected the POI's, the proof just wasn't there until 40 plus years later, when it came in the form of a confession. Of course, no jail time for two of them, and the third was in for a short amount of time, but thankfully, they got their answers before the parents passed away.

I too am so frustrated with the lack of progress in Cheryl's case. No press conferences, total silence by LE. I haven't seen where they called in the FBI or any search groups- I have tried to help the family with this and give them information on contacting PI's and search groups, but they think LE is doing a great job! So, for those of us on the outside who would love to see more progress in finding out what happened to her, have no say in how this progresses. I know if it was a member of my family, I'd be calling in everyone I could for help to look for them. That's just me.

Steelslady , thank you for the gracious response, people don’t realize if it’s a family member, friend that slow performance from LE is inexcusable , I realize for example Riverside PD is small and has more work than they can handle,
And as per the family thinking LE is doing a great job, I think they are in a serious case of denial, because if this case was worked the way it should be , the reality of a family member causing the disappearance and “murder” of another family member , is too much for them to handle,
What bothers me is they say they were close with Cheryl, and loved her, but being permissive and afraid to face the truth is no good for any of them , or are they scared and afraid of William, to ask for help to speed this up, I get the feeling they are ok with this, which I find bothersome
Just like you Steelslady, we both know what violence does to a family, all I know our family was screaming everyday for justice, and our screaming got the attention of the detective I speak about, and the case was solved 30 years later, but the satisfaction that my my great aunt can rest, and the a-hole who did is rotting behind bars for life.
So do you think the family is in denial or afraid?
So with the families strange attitude about this disappearance is that why the police really don’t have an interest in solving it
There behavior is very strange to me concerning a loved one
All I know if my family did not make the noise we did my great aunts case would never have been solved and the a-hole would have done it to someone else,
The a-hole in my great aunts case did commit other serious crimes before being caught
So William being a POI and a wannabe tough guy before he hurts someone else

I know I am new to the sleuth world with you guys, and it’s opened my mind, actually blown it apart on the vast numbers of missing people,
I saw an article tonight on foxnews concerning the disappearance of savannah spurlock from Kentucky, her mother is frantic and making a lot of noise
Very disturbing case,
Are the number of cases increasing, due to the fact that the legal system is not stopping this these cowards see that nothing is done so it’s open season
<modsnipped: not victim friendly>

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone heard anything from other posts or media, I’ve been checking any and all sites I know and it’s quiet.
The most bothersome issue with Cheryl’s case and the other missing women, is these women got up one morning just like they did everyday before, and some Coward, decided on his own to take their lives away,
What angers me with the snails pace of ever solving their cases, is imagine what Cheryl and these other women went thru, what horrific fear and pain did these cowards inflick as they snuffed their lives away.
Either fast or slow,
I realize that LE has there “Rule book” , but these women deserve justice, and our crappy legal system makes the thought of justice out of sight, especially as more and cases begin each day the fallen women are forgotten our society owes to them because our crappy society bread these cowards.....

This whole thing sucks-and that isn’t something that I commonly say. I am still amazed by how many men would actually rather kill a woman than let her divorce him after he blatantly cheats on her. You are right about many things, Tooltimetim, but I just don’t know what the fix for LE’s problem is. I hope you are wrong about the length of time this could take

Jmoose thanks,
I seriously believe that LE is responsible for the uptick on violence against spouses and kids, I put the blame in their lap, these cowards know this and the majority of cowards will never see justice, the see how inept the police are, as the cases pile up nothing gets done,
I also put blame on the tv shows that glamorize violence against women, and excessive alcohol and drug use today
These men that are POIs in their respective cases are little boys who have to consistently prove their manhood, they are bullies, and they think their little manhood is is gods greatest gift to women..
At this point with these cases like Cheryl’s convene a grand jury, trial and if the POI then suspect is aquitted , case lost , what’s the difference if they lose or the individual totally gets away with the crime, for lack of action, at least the legal system tried, maybe by convening a grand jury the POI will make critical mistakes and hand the case to LE
Maybe by prosecuting these cases quickly will deter or slow down the epidemic of crimes against women.
I would rather see as in Cheryl’s case a grand jury, indict , and spin the bottle in court, you win or lose but at least the legal system tried
Big question, how many cases have been tried with all the evidence in the world, no doubt the suspect did it, but the case is overturned on appeal and they walk with a slap on the wrist.
So there is no guarantee,
So if the family refuses to speak up the legal system has too
<modsnipped against TOS>
Just for what people have said about Cheryl, if the situation was different, and a family member was missing I believe Cheryl would be screaming from the roof tops to find them....

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know how many missing people in the Dayton Ohio area including Cheryl,
My question is are those cases moving forward or hung up for no reason like Cheryl’s
Of these cases were there innocent people hurt because of the legal mumbojumbo, like a POIs killing their kids, family members or friends
I have been trying to get number of missing from internet searches and all I come up with is seven,
Are any of the cases similiar in nature to Cheryl’s, I mean different POIs all using same MOs
Can any or all of the investigative reports available through the Freedom of Information Act, on Cheryl’s case or is all that sealed

Does anyone know how many missing people in the Dayton Ohio area including Cheryl,
My question is are those cases moving forward or hung up for no reason like Cheryl’s
Of these cases were there innocent people hurt because of the legal mumbojumbo, like a POIs killing their kids, family members or friends
I have been trying to get number of missing from internet searches and all I come up with is seven,
Are any of the cases similiar in nature to Cheryl’s, I mean different POIs all using same MOs
Can any or all of the investigative reports available through the Freedom of Information Act, on Cheryl’s case or is all that sealed

You can look on Ohio's missing website and put in the city and it will show you the missing.
https://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov...forcement/Ohio-Missing-Persons/Missing-Adults

Are missing persons cases in other states being aggressively investigated and prosecuted with the same amount of evidence as Cheryl’s.
What I am trying to find out if other states take missing persons more serious than others .
In Cheryl’s case, which I don’t think the Ohio justice system is serious about it,
At the current rate in Ohio the POI in Cheryl’s case will be able to live happily for at least 30-40 years, while Cheryl is missing and presumed dead.
The Ohio justice system needs to take the big leap, let the citizens who make up the grand jury decide now if his POI status should change to suspect, take home through the court system , like all court cases it’s a 50/50 gamble, if the luck pays off he’s in prison for a long time, if he is aquitted , what’s the difference , it would be the same if he’s allowed to live carefree for 30-40 years.
At least with the grand jury , all the evidence is presented, and if they fail to indict , keep digging harder, and try again
That’s goes back to my original statement do other states take the chance or risk, roll the dice, etc....to help these missing persons
How many previous cases where the prosecution had boatloads of evidence thinking it’s a slam dunk, and lose the case, or appeal.
I am using my families personal experience, my first sergeant years, and reading everything concerning these cases I can until my head explodes
I highly doubt that riverside has any new evidence in quite a while, concerning Cheryl’s case, and it would take a frigrand miracle at this point and Cheryl’s POI will able to live a long happy life on the outside.

I see WHIO profiled the missing persons case of Erica Baker, missing now for 20 years, the story is heart breaking.
This goes to show that the laws really don’t protect the victim, and in her case the suspect who was tried refuses to say where she is, this family wants and needs closure, they need to know before their time is up in life that their little girl is accounted for and with them.
These guys make me sick, the same way William did to Cheryl , or other sickos did to the other missing
If it was me and my child was missing I would want some nice quiet time with the suspect with some lead pipe counseling.
After reading on these cases and now Erica’s , there is something really wrong with our justice system that the POIs and suspects live some long happy lives while families are torn apart,
At least in Erica’s case her parents are making a lot of “noise” , Cheryl’s family needs to take notes from other grieving families and make just as much noise
There reasoning for silience after reading everything I can over and over leads me to think that they know who exactly committed the crime and are in denial, or are they protecting another possible POI.
But these other cases like Erica’s are totally heartbreaking.
I will say it again I really wish Riverside would take that leap of faith and move foreword on their POI , enoughs enough...

I see WHIO profiled the missing persons case of Erica Baker, missing now for 20 years, the story is heart breaking.
This goes to show that the laws really don’t protect the victim, and in her case the suspect who was tried refuses to say where she is, this family wants and needs closure, they need to know before their time is up in life that their little girl is accounted for and with them.
These guys make me sick, the same way William did to Cheryl , or other sickos did to the other missing
If it was me and my child was missing I would want some nice quiet time with the suspect with some lead pipe counseling.
After reading on these cases and now Erica’s , there is something really wrong with our justice system that the POIs and suspects live some long happy lives while families are torn apart,
At least in Erica’s case her parents are making a lot of “noise” , Cheryl’s family needs to take notes from other grieving families and make just as much noise
There reasoning for silience after reading everything I can over and over leads me to think that they know who exactly committed the crime and are in denial, or are they protecting another possible POI.
But these other cases like Erica’s are totally heartbreaking.
I will say it again I really wish Riverside would take that leap of faith and move foreword on their POI , enoughs enough...

I feel your pain, Tooltime, the silence is acute.

I watched something the other day that made me think of this case. LE had great suspicions, but couldn't go further for fear that they didn't have enough to get a conviction. They had a "friend" wear a wire and meet with suspect to get something incriminating on tape, and that did it.

I have a feeling they may be doing something similar in this case...at least I hope. If William is involved, I hope someone very close to him can pry some information on tape that can seal it. Or if he paid some loser in cash to do something to Cheryl, that said loser confides in someone that lets it slip to LE.

I still find it weird that the family is not more outspoken.

Are missing persons cases in other states being aggressively investigated and prosecuted with the same amount of evidence as Cheryl’s.
What I am trying to find out if other states take missing persons more serious than others .
In Cheryl’s case, which I don’t think the Ohio justice system is serious about it,
At the current rate in Ohio the POI in Cheryl’s case will be able to live happily for at least 30-40 years, while Cheryl is missing and presumed dead.
The Ohio justice system needs to take the big leap, let the citizens who make up the grand jury decide now if his POI status should change to suspect, take home through the court system , like all court cases it’s a 50/50 gamble, if the luck pays off he’s in prison for a long time, if he is aquitted , what’s the difference , it would be the same if he’s allowed to live carefree for 30-40 years.
At least with the grand jury , all the evidence is presented, and if they fail to indict , keep digging harder, and try again
That’s goes back to my original statement do other states take the chance or risk, roll the dice, etc....to help these missing persons
How many previous cases where the prosecution had boatloads of evidence thinking it’s a slam dunk, and lose the case, or appeal.
I am using my families personal experience, my first sergeant years, and reading everything concerning these cases I can until my head explodes
I highly doubt that riverside has any new evidence in quite a while, concerning Cheryl’s case, and it would take a frigrand miracle at this point and Cheryl’s POI will able to live a long happy life on the outside.
Honestly? I don't think they have much, if any evidence at all, that WC harmed or killed Cheryl. There doesn't appear to be any murder weapon found. I haven't heard or read where any evidence with blood or urine on it was taken from their home or vehicles. From that, we could deduce that if WC did indeed harm or kill her, that it wasn't at their home and it didn't occur in one of their vehicles.

That's not saying he is innocent- just saying that there is no proof so far that it happened at home or in one of their cars. His DNA and her DNA would be all over their vehicles from riding in them as driver or passenger, so that doesn't help them prove anything in terms of him harming her.

They need reliable witnesses to come forward- when they last saw him, her, separate, together. Or if someone else came to the house and she left with them.

I do believe she is sadly deceased, but the who, when, and how remains a mystery.

Whose finger prints were last on Cheryl’s SVU steering wheel or door handle, even though his would be there it boils down unless he was wearing gloves whoever drove the vehicle should be on top , think of the fingerprints layered on a drinking glass. I totally agree with both of you, I still don’t see why they just don’t let a grand jury decide,
This dept is too small to play big city policing , the thought that this POI can live a carefree life for the next 20-30 years is sickening, while Cheryl’s life turns into a distance memory, I think us a a human society owe it to her and the other missing, it’s too easy to say not enough evidence and file it under COLD,
Maybe the grand jury could surprise everyone and indict, there is no limit on trying here, plus by doing this really puts the POI on edge and more apt to make mistakes and slip up.
Does anyone else think the family silience is based on denial, fear, or protecting someone else, ?

Whose finger prints were last on Cheryl’s SVU steering wheel or door handle, even though his would be there it boils down unless he was wearing gloves whoever drove the vehicle should be on top , think of the fingerprints layered on a drinking glass. I totally agree with both of you, I still don’t see why they just don’t let a grand jury decide,
This dept is too small to play big city policing , the thought that this POI can live a carefree life for the next 20-30 years is sickening, while Cheryl’s life turns into a distance memory, I think us a a human society owe it to her and the other missing, it’s too easy to say not enough evidence and file it under COLD,
Maybe the grand jury could surprise everyone and indict, there is no limit on trying here, plus by doing this really puts the POI on edge and more apt to make mistakes and slip up.
Does anyone else think the family silience is based on denial, fear, or protecting someone else, ?
I'd say fear more than anything, especially since he has custody of their daughter. They might be afraid of riling him up too much and possibly harming her or Cheryl's oldest daughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neilyboy13