Found Deceased OH - Cheryl Coker, 46, Riverside, 2 Oct 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it is fear, I think the the snails pace of the justice system has made this worse, if the justice system would take that leap of faith and get a bill of indictment he’s off the street
Remember the longer it goes the more cocky he gets, he will feel untouchable, he’ ll want a new girlfriend , one with lower mileage, then what , what’s his master plan wait out the seven years, petition the courts to declare her legally dead, and collect her life insurance and share of home

Oh any update has this current girlfriend fully taken over as the new Cheryl, is she living at the house?

If it is fear, I think the the snails pace of the justice system has made this worse, if the justice system would take that leap of faith and get a bill of indictment he’s off the street
Remember the longer it goes the more cocky he gets, he will feel untouchable, he’ ll want a new girlfriend , one with lower mileage, then what , what’s his master plan wait out the seven years, petition the courts to declare her legally dead, and collect her life insurance and share of home

Oh any update has this current girlfriend fully taken over as the new Cheryl, is she living at the house?
Well, if he gets cocky and let's his guard down, maybe he will make a mistake and be caught.

I haven't heard anything about the girl friend moving in or taking Cheryl's place, but then again, I am not a local, nor do I know anyone in their family, to have this information.

I feel your frustration- I wish more was done to find her. Unfortunately, though, it seems like the investigation is either at a stand still, or they do know more and are just waiting for the right moment to bring someone in. There's other issues at hand, too- their open marriage, which could also create more suspects and POI's that I am sure LE has been checking out while we wait for more to come out.

I appreciate your response steelslady, I don’t know Cheryl personnelly, but we live about a mile from her home , I frequent the Kroger shopping plaza where her SUV was found, I even parked my car in the area where hers was found to gain some perspective, driving the local area surrounding I often wonder where he might have dumped her, there is only about a “million spots”
So in conjunction to what you said I think the police have nothing, living in this area you would not even know that Cheryl is missing, no signs, any type of communication, nothing, it’s like she’s never existed,
And I put the sole blame on the family for that.
So moto of this story don’t ever become a missing person in the Dayton Ohio area, because you are lost forever, it’s like someone took a large pencil eraser and erased your life away, , very sad state of affairs......

You mention the open marriage issue , on that morning she disappeared and she returned home after dropping her daughter off at school, I don’t remember anything mentioned in any article that there were other individuals at the home other than Bill, so technically Bill was the last one to se her alive, ( yes or no) , so would the argument that spurred the disappearance, be caused by a loud discussion, of other individuals, the girlfriend, and bills request she be gone before he returned from Florida,

So if Bill was the last to see her that day there would be no need for the open marriage statements, since not direct cause of her disappearance

Just had a thought from what steelslady mentioned above about the open marriage concept, depending how long this type of behavior was going on, could this be one of the reasons why the family is silient, trying not to air their dirty laundry in public .
I have been reading articles about Erica Baker and how her family is trying to move mountains to find her after 20 years, their story breaks your heart, their daughter disappeared after a hit and run on the corner of glennary and Powhattan roads which is about 4-5 miles from here

Just had a thought from what steelslady mentioned above about the open marriage concept, depending how long this type of behavior was going on, could this be one of the reasons why the family is silient, trying not to air their dirty laundry in public .
I have been reading articles about Erica Baker and how her family is trying to move mountains to find her after 20 years, their story breaks your heart, their daughter disappeared after a hit and run on the corner of glennary and Powhattan roads which is about 4-5 miles from here

Has anyone other than the POI (Bill) confirmed that they had an “open marriage”? I think a lot of guys whose wives have disappeared might say that, especially when the fact that he’s having an affair comes to light. I’m not convinced that it’s true-and have no idea why the family is silent. But the daughter may be afraid of losing the only parent she has left...not sure about anyone else

Good point , and as per your last sentence , if that’s the case, it’s shame on him for putting the daughter in this situation, her mom will miss her graduation, wedding, babies, etc... he’s stole that from her, when and if the day ever comes that the long arm of the law changes his status from POI to suspect, that daughter is going to need the rest of the family for help, and it’s entirely his fault when that day comes hopefully sooner than later, I’m no psychologist but the longer this goes on the harder it’s going to be on her
For the life of me I cannot and will not understand why guys like him hurt or kill their spouses, what is it a right of passage to prove their manhood, or is it their lack of manhood so they have to play the bully .
There is and was no reason on 2 oct that Cheryl’s life had to end, two adults should be able to handle their grievances without killing each other.
I read that he was in the Marines, before, as a retired vet I hope he does not use his military time as an excuse for his behavior against Cheryl.
I was deployed with a combat airlift wing on two tours to the war zone, though it was hard and very dangerous, the experiences did not affect me , we did our job and duty and came home safely both time

A bit of local information. I was told by a resident of Riverside (I live in Dayton) that one of the detectives assigned to the Coker case came out to interview her when she reported a bicycle taken from her garage. So if they've got the detectives assigned to Coker's disappearance investigating things like that, it tells me that: 1) they have no leads, 2) they don't think it's worthwhile to put much effort in looking for more leads and 3) they're not preparing to convene a grand jury. I don't think anything new will be reported on this case unless someone happens to stumble across her body, or someone brags to a cellmate who is looking for a plea deal. If the family wants more done than just "watchful waiting" they're going to have to see to it themselves.

Our justice system will never take a 'leap of faith' - the law requires investigators to be detailed, methodical, and objective. It's when these tenets are compromised that mistakes happen, and a case can fall apart - thus leading to suspects being able to avoid having to take responsibility for their crime, and walking free from punishment...

Our justice system will never take a 'leap of faith' - the law requires investigators to be detailed, methodical, and objective. It's when these tenets are compromised that mistakes happen, and a case can fall apart - thus leading to suspects being able to avoid having to take responsibility for their crime, and walking free from punishment...
True- happened with a friend of mine's brother's case, although to be fair, LE worked hard on that case, just not enough evidence. However, as @branwell said above- sometimes, a confession will happen, whether with a cell mate or a family member or a friend, who does the right thing and will turn them in. It took over 40 years, but it did happen. Too late to convict, only one of three suspect served time, but at least the family got the answers they needed before the parents died- the not knowing was horrible- even though they had the right suspects all along.

I feel for all of Cheryl's family, friends, and co-workers. There have been some posting elsewhere that truly want answers, but perhaps they are afraid of over stepping their bounds, or even worse, are worried about B and C's daughter who is a minor- they might be scared of him hurting her or the other daughter. Right now, he's the only POI that they have.

Has anyone other than the POI (Bill) confirmed that they had an “open marriage”? I think a lot of guys whose wives have disappeared might say that, especially when the fact that he’s having an affair comes to light. I’m not convinced that it’s true-and have no idea why the family is silent. But the daughter may be afraid of losing the only parent she has left...not sure about anyone else
The closest to it comes from this story which covers an interview conducted with Chief Robinson of the Riverside Police.
https://www.wdtn.com/news/local-new...left-unturned-in-cheryl-coker-case/1678195994

It has also been confirmed that other men and women may have been in the picture during the couple’s marriage.
If you watch the video that goes with the story at the 1:53 mark the reporter says ...

It's also been confirmed that other men and women may have been in the picture for both Coker and her husband.​

A bit of local information. I was told by a resident of Riverside (I live in Dayton) that one of the detectives assigned to the Coker case came out to interview her when she reported a bicycle taken from her garage. So if they've got the detectives assigned to Coker's disappearance investigating things like that, it tells me that: 1) they have no leads, 2) they don't think it's worthwhile to put much effort in looking for more leads and 3) they're not preparing to convene a grand jury. I don't think anything new will be reported on this case unless someone happens to stumble across her body, or someone brags to a cellmate who is looking for a plea deal. If the family wants more done than just "watchful waiting" they're going to have to see to it themselves.

I am not sure that it’s true that they probably have no leads, if they’re talking to the neighbor about a missing bike and its relationship to this disappearance...I base my assertion on the investigation of a murder in my town. Lois Colley was murdered a couple of years ago in her home, and weeks later, the state police were stopping every car that went past her house (including mine), asking for any information, and handing out a piece of paper with the state police phone number on it. Based on that, you would think they had nothing, and were only fishing desperately for any information that would help. In fact, they already knew (or strongly suspected) who had done it, and eventually extradited him back to NY to charge him for her murder. I wonder if the detective in Cheryl’s case has his eye on her husband, but wants to make sure he looks at other possibilities and eliminates them, so it isn’t a problem with the case at his eventual trial? At least, this is what I hope is happening here-fingers crossed that they aren’t standing there with nothing

728B5A6D-9F1A-48FB-9B86-A76EA067569E.jpeg EE2C0CFB-66F7-4E29-A00F-392C94FCDD4E.jpeg D09D5C7B-AA19-4E07-B3E3-C89994589866.jpeg D4C97F01-D42A-4EB6-A9F8-D05A349181A1.jpeg 47145D7C-7CF8-4435-A496-61DACAF8AF0E.jpeg
After reading the reason why the police have to be detailed, objective, etc, then why do we have all these missing persons in the Dayton area, I found this list by accident this having my coffee, I almost dropped my cup, especially the number of missing from the Riverside area, I did note that this list was complied before Cheryl became a member of the “club”
It was mentioned that cases fall apart and the accused don’t see justice, well at the current they don’t, the POIs seem to live out long happy lives
There is no time to invest for LE to solve these, where I live right next to Airway Rd in riverside , the riverside police are always on a daily basis lights and sirens playing follow the leader to the next crime, speeding past my home
I was surprised how detailed this listing was, full name , residence, date of disappearance and a section to click for case summary’s
So I am standing by my Motto, don’t ever turn up missing in the Dayton Ohio area, because you are a memory, shame on our justice system, the sad thing is these cowards know this so they have no worries

289C3ED9-2671-46EE-A623-D98685B34C77.jpeg
I work with a iPad I uploaded this photo of a link, the three highlighted in purple by the Dayton daily news about the missing people of the Dayton area is something to read OMG

In response to the threads above, first is the “open marriage” issue fact, or like mentioned above a way for the POI to expand the suspect list, so is there verifiable witnesses that this open marriage thing is true.
Now my question is the actual day Cheryl went missing , am I correct in saying that when she returned from the school a Bill was at the home, and no one else.
So correct me, if he was the only one witnessed at the home that fateful morning, there is no reason to waste time on other participants in the open marriage if true, so the circle of possible suspects in this case is very small, just Bill, since if I understand he was at house that morning, and no one else
After seeing how a cold case affected our family, the one Jmoose mentioned above , reading the heartbreak from Erica bakers family, frustration is number one, guilt kicks in , the whata, coulda, shoulda , takes over why as a family did we allow this crime take place
I want to have faith in the justice system , but when you see cases upon cases, live through it, and the “bad guys” act like they are untouchable, and live long happy lives, no matter how many people they have hurt,
That this idea of having every i dotted and t crossed before the case goes to trial only happens on TV, so I stand by my my stance that the legal system needs to take leaps of faith, take what they have and present it to grand jury
These families need this, for closure, even if it fails the attempt was made and just maybe the bad guy will make mistakes at that point and show his hand, case closed.

This has been bothering me, what’s happens now to our thread discussion concerning Cheryl Coker now that the police have basically given up, the family shows no interest in finding her,
Does anyone know if there is other family or friends that are trying to keep this story alive.
And my feelings on why as discussed in our threads about why the immediate family is silient is the fear of him harming the younger daughter, I don’t buy that theory, do other family members outside that household express that concern, and if that is correct the police need to step up their game and move the finish line closer and faster

Can you clarify something for me? Are you saying that when this person reported the bicycle stolen a detective came there and started asking this person about Cheryl or things related to Cheryl? Or, is it just that the detective who came to investigate the stolen bicycle just so happens to be one of the detectives that has been named as working on Cheryl's case?

Looking back over our threads, did Bill get the daughter a car, trying to get clarification on some of our notes, if he did I would look at this as a bribe to keep her on his side
I’m from old school, I can’t see the need for a kid in high school to have a car, there too young and immature to be behind the wheel
So if one was bought I think it was like I said, insurance package to keep her on dads side
So I see a Bill trying to be “super dad” over guilt for what the police suspect what he has done.
Do the police still have Cheryls SUV in evidence storage??
Do the police still have items removed from the house during initial search??
I need clarification the day she disappeared, was Bill at the home when she returned after dropping daughter off at school, if so was he the only one witnessed or is there a grey area?
What exactly did the neighbors see that fateful morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neilyboy13