Found Deceased OH - Cheryl Coker, 46, Riverside, 2 Oct 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is another video that police have that they won't say what is on it. Someone also heard RPD on police scanner that they were picking up video footage from the VFW club, which may or may not have been in regards to Cheryl's disappearance. No one knows. Police have been VERY tight-lipped about this case, which I've learned is super common as I've been following other missing person's cases recently. Sometimes they flat out lie to the media also (Jayme Closs case is one example). So we honestly have no clue what RPD has or doesn't have. All we know for sure is what they stated in the warrant and affidavit, that there is one named POI (family has confirmed this also) and that they are building a case.

Fellow sleuths I’ve been internet searching and found a article in Science Alert dated 3 aug 2018, subject about the effectiveness of using LIDAR radar which is shown to be a powerful new tool in the hunt for missing murder victims.
The article states that unmarked graves, such as those in which murder victims are often callously concealed, are easier to locate, they have determined using the LIDAR is a tool proving increasingly useful in archaeology, is now used in forensics.
Researchers have shown that the shallow graves these bodies are sometimes buried in are characterized by an elevation change in the ground, and the slightest change in elevation in a certain area is detectable.
Unmarked human graves can be difficult to locate by new vegetation growth, dry leaf litter, or other debris, which can be missed
But the LIDAR radar is a pulsed , reflectedlaser technology used for ground surveys is able to penetrate anything concealing a grave
This same technology has been highly effective in locating ancient cities, example the Mayans in South America.
The radar can be mounted to the underside of a helicopter or small aircraft, then fly over designated wooded or swampy areas in a grid pattern, this radar has been highly effective in locating abnormalities in the ground that are hidden.
In the small sense the radar strips away all growth and debris to reveal what’s underneath
I wish law enforcement would use this technology in suspected burial areas around our area to see if they can locate Cheryls grave, the article states this radar could examine a large area in hours verse ground searchers days and weeks, and 100% more accurate.
This new technology could be very useful in solving a lot of missing people cases.
There is a lot of good info out there, plus there was a great TV show the other night Expedition Unknown , they used this radar in South America and the radar pealed back the dense jungle and revealed ancient Mayian sites clearly

I see RPD busy tonight home invasion on Tyron Ave , gone bad homeowner shot three times, ( hope he’s going to be ok), goes to show what I wrote a couple threads back , Riverside for a small city has its fair share of crime, this street is approx 3 miles from Cheryl’s home, damn violence all around

I see RPD busy tonight home invasion on Tyron Ave , gone bad homeowner shot three times, ( hope he’s going to be ok), goes to show what I wrote a couple threads back , Riverside for a small city has its fair share of crime, this street is approx 3 miles from Cheryl’s home, damn violence all around
I don't think LE has the time to focus solely on Cheryl. They need to hire a PI or get a search team in there to help look for her. I worry about too much time passing, that evidence will be scattered away from the elements.

Riverside PD is a small dept, and there is a shopping plaza about 1/4 mile from my home that’s always getting broken in to , now this home invasion , and on Airway Rd right outside my window there is always accidents, so I worry the same that new cases are pushing Cheryl’s case farther down the file pile
Some days Riverside is stretched so thin that the military police from WPAFB handle off base calls, along with base fire department , not a good situation for cheryl

What’s upsetting to me for example this home invasion shooting takes place last evening I live nearby, no updates on anything this am , the only description is two men wearing a yellow and red jumpsuit (odd) , but the missing piece , are the men white, black, orange pink, or purple, I get the feeling that they are afraid to tell you the truth
Just like Cheryl’s case, I assume that the police had gathered all evidence, statements, videos , etc all during the first 30 days after her disappearance, and nothing, unless Santa Claus delivers a surprise package it’s nothing,
The same with this other crime, let the residents know who exactly by description who did this, the homeowner was able to give descriptions, but as residents shouldn’t we have the right to be on the lookout for our own families safety,
The same with Cheryl’s case can we be say 100%., that William did it or is there someone else that we as the public should be aware of, damn frustrated

To all members who have experience from other cases, let me run something past you that was on my mind, I have spent the day (too damn cold to go out), reading up on the other 6 women missing from the Dayton Ohio area, or as they reference the 70/75 corridor, is there any chance that the Riverside PD , is trying to make the connection if Cheryl’s disappearance has any similarities to the others,
Reason I ask we all know that LE gathered all available evidence on Cheryl’s case within 30-45 days after Cheryl disappeared, I still think if they had anything rock hard against William he would have been arrested a long time ago.
I know some of these missing women come from the Middletown, Miamisburg, area, and I know Cheryl’s job was in Centerville, which is next to Miamisburg, could there be the extreme possibility that this lag time where we all think there doing nothing with Cheryl’s case that they exploring any connection to these other cases,
This seems far fetched, but I thought I would expand the circle, I know Mr Bill is a POI, but it looks like any evidence against him is very weak or he would have been in custody by now.any thoughts...

I don't think there is a connection to human trafficking because why would anyone else take the time to place her car in the Clancy's lot, especially in view of her mom's house in broad daylight? That was very purposeful and personal. Where would they have taken her from? She was at home after dropping her daughter off at school. Also, if they're going to a snatch a woman, why not take her wallet, cards, computer, cell phone. Why bother locking the car? Why not keep the car? Those are easy to sell and make a quick buck. As for her husband, without a body, it can take years to have enough to charge someone. I don't expect that this will be quick at all. Even with 8 people murdered, it took police 2 years to arrest the 6 people involved in southern Ohio recently.

This is frustrating.

If he overpowered her/strangled or snapped her neck that morning after she returned from dropping her daughter off at school, there'd be no blood. There doesn't appear to be any obvious crime scene at the home or he'd be potentially taken in by now. No body. Had the entire day off. This doesn't look solvable any time soon.

IF William is responsible, and he was just super lucky to evade cameras, what would be the purpose of him locking everything in the car, including the keys? This is what I'm having trouble with. If he's trying to paint a picture of her just escaping her with someone voluntarily, she can still do that and take some personal stuff with her. It would seem more plausible to me if the car was "empty" of her personal stuff and he just discarded the stuff elsewhere. Leaving it all in the car seems to raise "it's been staged" flags.

IF he left her car there with wallet, keys, cell, etc. with the "hope" that someone would steal it so he could shift the blame on a car thief, WHY lock the car and make it harder?

ETA: Is this a dicey area (where he left the car)?

Wyome, I like your reply, in response to your last sentence “it’s Riverside” , there’s enough crime to go around, I don’t trust the neighborhood I live in , and we live in what’s the safe section of a Riverside.
And as per the silience about Cheryls disappearance, there was a home invasion with a homeowner shot three times, I tried to follow up on the story the next morning and the days after, nothing, it’s like the crime never happened, just like Cheryls,
Very puzzling

I read tonight on WDTN , that investigators are getting closer solving the murder of Brenda Gaddis of Dayton who went missing November 1990, a 29 year old murder case, wow, it brought back memories of my Moms aunt Mabel who was killed and it took 30 years, I hope they can solve Brendas case so she can be found and rest,
If they have evidence from 29 years ago to solve this case what’s the holdup in Cheryl’s case
( if anyone is interested pull up WDTN Brenda’s story is there)

Wyome, I like your reply, in response to your last sentence “it’s Riverside” , there’s enough crime to go around, I don’t trust the neighborhood I live in , and we live in what’s the safe section of a Riverside.
And as per the silience about Cheryls disappearance, there was a home invasion with a homeowner shot three times, I tried to follow up on the story the next morning and the days after, nothing, it’s like the crime never happened, just like Cheryls,
Very puzzling

I get why LE are tight-lipped in some cases. But like the home invasion case you reference and countless others (Jennifer Kesse comes to mind specifically), LE's gambling big time by releasing nothing timely. They may have overplayed their hand. And I still feel a Susan Powell to this whole thing.

What bothers me about the home invasion case we live close to that location and a good description would be very helpful to us residents if we should see them lurking around, another example when the hotel by the mall was held up by a armed robber early one morning I noted a “fine upstanding citizen” who fit the description walking past my home that morning cutting through my front yard , so I don’t take anything for granite or trust the weirdos outside my window.
When my family lived in a Niagara Falls our neighbors were a black woman and her child with her creepy boyfriend who was part of the Falls street gang , he decided one day he wanted to play tough guy against a disabled vet, well I fooled him, I got in his face , my wife says I know no fear, but I was not going to back down to this gang member
Where I am going with this is the police responded and the officer was giving me a hard time because I tried to describe the gang down to color, you would have thought I committed a moral sin,
Just like the home invasion, the police cannot be afraid to give the entire description to include color, when they don’t I feel they are more worried about PC,
So in Cheryl’s case and the other cases are they the police being to PC , not to hurt someone’s feelings but it’s ok to endanger the public,
Example the home invasion thugs, what’s happens the day William gets cornered over Cheryls disappearance who is he going to hurt
The police are public servants for us, they are not a private entity or club, info sharing with the public is our right our tax dollars pay for this,
And when cases like Brendas or my moms Aunt take almost 30 years I have a serious problem with that

Wyome just curious who is Jennifer Kesse and Susan Powell, are these cases the police screwed up ?
As per Cheryl’s case we all know that the police obtained all evidence in October and there hasnt been anything new since,
The one question I have did William have knowledge of the type of cameras outside a Clancy’s , or was it pure dumb luck.
He doesn’t seem like the brightest bulb in the box, but someone who was extremely lucky.
I know who ever left her vehicle in that parking lot is and was taunting everyone, and my question, is there any way someone can determine by the camera what type of system is recording , who ever picked that spot to park her vehicle to me had knowledge,
Was there any witnesses or camera footage of William lurking around the entrance of Kroger scoping out camera days before, the camera is visible from the sidewalk in front of Kroger!

Guys and gals- you can blame LE on not being able to say more due to lawyers and those screaming "but he's entitled to a fair trial!!!!!". LE makes one mistake, one wrong move, and the perps go free. It is agony, I know, to want answers and not get any.

It is a quiet Friday and I reread all our posts on Cheryls case (all #676), the more I read and compare with news and internet articles I cannot see what the police are waiting for, I get the feeling they are awaiting there POI William to confess or lead them by the hand where he dumped her, it’s like evil is always winning out , there is so much vicious crime around us and time seems to be the “bad guys good fortune”
The other six missing women, the home invasion, the unsolved crimes on the Riverside Pd Facebook page, and now today evil struck again in Miami TWP which borders Centerville and Riverside, a totally senseless killing of a 33 year old man, a 5 year old boy, the boys mother in critical condition all victims of a coward with a gun, he was the little boys father,
It’s a shame that cowards like this take their cowardly views on the innocent, the way I think William did to Cheryl, because he could not have his way, I just worry as time passes that when and if that day comes when they finally change his status from POI to suspect that he doesn’t take any other innocent with him,
It seems like our society allows this type of evil breeding, a good example the Pike Co murders it was bad enough the family killed initially but since the police waited another family member was killed in same fashion months after,
So I seriously hope the police don’t wait too long because everyday brings more serious crime and Cheryl’s case file will disappear in the abiss

They are waiting for enough evidence to prosecute. They only get one shot at this. I'd rather they wait until they are sure they can convict him than to rush due to public pressure and the case falls apart or they have an acquittal.

It is a quiet Friday and I reread all our posts on Cheryls case (all #676), the more I read and compare with news and internet articles I cannot see what the police are waiting for, I get the feeling they are awaiting there POI William to confess or lead them by the hand where he dumped her, it’s like evil is always winning out , there is so much vicious crime around us and time seems to be the “bad guys good fortune”
The other six missing women, the home invasion, the unsolved crimes on the Riverside Pd Facebook page, and now today evil struck again in Miami TWP which borders Centerville and Riverside, a totally senseless killing of a 33 year old man, a 5 year old boy, the boys mother in critical condition all victims of a coward with a gun, he was the little boys father,
It’s a shame that cowards like this take their cowardly views on the innocent, the way I think William did to Cheryl, because he could not have his way, I just worry as time passes that when and if that day comes when they finally change his status from POI to suspect that he doesn’t take any other innocent with him,
It seems like our society allows this type of evil breeding, a good example the Pike Co murders it was bad enough the family killed initially but since the police waited another family member was killed in same fashion months after,
So I seriously hope the police don’t wait too long because everyday brings more serious crime and Cheryl’s case file will disappear in the abiss

It sure does seem like evil wins much of the time...especially if you spend a lot of time here. I choose to think that LE has information or at least some idea of happened, but they have to follow the letter of the law so they don’t screw it up and let WC get away with what we all think he did. And listen, he is an official POI, so they know he is responsible, even if they can’t prove it yet. His girlfriend knows, or suspects that he is responsible. It is just a matter of time before she is mad at him, or scared of him, and something will come out.

With him being a POI , I firmly think that she knows what happened, but I think unless Bill wants another girlfriend with low mileage, she will never come foreword, she’s probably afraid that she could meet the same fate as Cheryl.
Mr Bill seems like the type of guy who bores quickly, let’s hope his current girlfriend never gets “ on the nest”,
So basically if I understand what everyone is saying, that unless new evidence comes foreword this case is in limbo
Question, since we have started February, and it’s been 4 mos, can the police request another interview with him to see if his statement is consistent or will his lawyer not allow it, and if that would happen that would just seal the deal of guilt, yes or no

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neilyboy13