OH - Clermont County father lined up sons 3, 4, and 7, executed with rifle, mother injured trying to protect them, June 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Observation, the worst narcissists snag the sweetest women.

What little we've seen, she is strong, generous, kind, resilient -- doing everything she can to do right by her babies still.

No doubt she was trying to protect them before too -- just outgunned, manhandled.

She likely had only words in her arsenal, no match for gunpowder. And he knew something she didn't -- he knew he was a killer, knew he had it in him. Gave him every advantage -- the elusive, the unamswerable element of surprise -- the hellement of terror --

He sat on the step content. He got his revenge. That anyone could take satisfaction in that is repulsive.

He gets to take NOTHING more from her.

But as we know, trials aren't about the victims, aren't about the survivors. It's all about him. And whether he has forfeited the right to life, liberty and pursuits.

May she be girded with a hundred thousand happy memories, as armor for what lies ahead.

The justice system and the loss of her boys, anew, every single day.

That was the life sentence that fraud of a man caused her. On purpose. With malice and aforethought.

I don't know what's left for us except,for every act of depravity like these, we storm the universe with acts of kindness, as if we can somehow tip the earth's axis.

Good has to outweigh bad.

Or I'll lose all hope in humanity.

Jmo

I wonder how long he can keep the sense of revenge and "I showed her" alive in his mind. When he is found guilty and the final key is turned on him, he will realize that NO ONE cares about him anymore or cares if he exists. I wonder how he will get through each day. The love and support that his wife and daughter and family and friends are experiencing are not available to him. I wonder when he will realize this in his heart of hearts, and that day will come to him. MOO MOO MOO

I wonder how long he can keep the sense of revenge and "I showed her" alive in his mind. When he is found guilty and the final key is turned on him, he will realize that NO ONE cares about him anymore or cares if he exists. I wonder how he will get through each day. The love and support that his wife and daughter and family and friends are experiencing are not available to him. I wonder when he will realize this in his heart of hearts, and that day will come to him. MOO MOO MOO
Sadly his heart wants what HE wants. Revenge will continue to taste sweet to him. He will blame her that he is where he is and his ego will swell to the size of whatever cell he's in. His hunger, his discomfort. IMO he'll bully the staff (because he's protected, they can't fight back.). Before long, he'll probably put photos of the boys up. Because he's full of himself.

Jmo

Warning, heartbreaking.
From the video, here are the facts of hoe the order of events in this slaughter occurred, as laid out in Prosecutor's explanation of request for no bail. Defendant's attorneys tried to block this reading of facts by saying that they already agreed to no bond. Judge allowed prosecutor to read anyway.

1st shot was 4 year old, in the house, 2 shots to head.
2nd shot was 7 year old who ran from the house. Was shot from behind at 300 feet from house, but still alive. Defendant walked up and shot child 2 times in head at close range.
3rd shot was 3 year old, who was held in mom's arms. The man grabbed him away from the mom and shot him, 2 shots in head at close range.
At some point the 4 year old's body was taken outside with the others, that wasn't explained.
All had powder burns on their heads, such close range.

But normal, sane, everyday people can also have mental illness. I take medication for depression and anxiety, and I work on my anger issues often, but I would never murder anyone or commit suicide (even before I was on medication and learned coping skills). My mind just does not go there.

I don’t disagree with you - he could very well be extremely sick. Or he could be someone who never wanted help or to better himself. He also admitted to using drugs in the past.
I completed agree with you. I’m careful not to say he did it because he’s mentally ill. Many people struggle with mental health and never harm a soul. But as someone in the medical field who frequently sees mental health issues, this case baffles me. That he didn’t harm himself or the oldest child (that was not his) specifically.

I'm familiar with many of the cases that have involved familicide or family annihilators but what baffles me about this case is that his wife was right there and he didn't annihilate her. Plus, family annihilators don't open fire outside in broad daylight, not caring about whether there are witnesses. They seem to always blame someone else. In this case, CD immediately confessed and was also worried about his dog being harmed.

This case doesn't fit that family annihilator profile, imo. I also want to know what role, if any, CD's religious faith played in his twisted mind. Heidi Firkus' husband got away with her murder for 13 years and a big reason was their evangelical church members believed his lie that a phantom black man did it. It was a female cold case detective--with help from Firkus' second wife--who finally nailed him. Heidi and Nick, met, married and were very active in their church which teaches that wives are subservient to their husbands when it comes to family finances. Heidi had no idea their house was being foreclosed and the sheriff would be there to evict them the next day. He still claims he's innocent.

Two recent cases, Chris Watts and Anthony Todt, claimed their wives killed the children. Chris Coleman still claims some other dude did it. Coleman's minister father blames his dead wife for Chris having an affair with a co-worker employed by their famous Televangelist.

To me, CD doesn't yet fit the family annihilator profile because his wife is very much alive and we still don't know enough about what was going on behind closed doors.

JMO
Bingo

Crikey, he is as evil as can be to kill his own sons, his flesh and blood.

I hope too about the death penalty, if anyone deserves it he sure does.
Agree. SMH.
This man is evil indeed, and to do it the way he did it was cruel in many ways.

Re the DP in Ohio -- I just researched this a bit:

On May 9, 2023, the Ohio Senate Judiciary Committee held its first hearing on Senate Bill 101 that would abolish the state’s death penalty. The co-sponsors of the bill, Senate Democratic Leader Nickie Antonio (D-Lakewood) and Senator Stephen Huffman (R-Tipp City), argued in favor of the bill’s passage and noted that more than one-third of Ohio’s senators have signed on as sponsors.
--------------------------------------

Much more here: https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/news/f...ohio-legislation-to-abolish-the-death-penalty

This is local to me. I have been surprised that very few people have come forward to talk about this monster.

I wonder if he had family there today and I sure hope he had to face some people representing those sweet boys.
Bbm.
Agreed.

Although, some people keep to themselves.
Uncommunicative ?
Eta : As in, maybe CD didn't talk to other people or have friends there ?

Although the boys were involved in sports so maybe their mom went with them alone ?
Idk.

Last edited:
300' is a football field, almost. With a .22 that little boy was probably very alive when CD got close to him. Talk about premeditated, that right there is proof.

Thanks to everyone for the updates, that was horrible to read thru. Crime Talk had a few of the details so I was semi prepared.

Every single kid in that town is scarred forever.

Warning, heartbreaking.
From the video, here are the facts of hoe the order of events in this slaughter occurred, as laid out in Prosecutor's explanation of request for no bail. Defendant's attorneys tried to block this reading of facts by saying that they already agreed to no bond. Judge allowed prosecutor to read anyway.

1st shot was 4 year old, in the house, 2 shots to head.
2nd shot was 7 year old who ran from the house. Was shot from behind at 300 feet from house, but still alive. Defendant walked up and shot child 2 times in head at close range.
3rd shot was 3 year old, who was held in mom's arms. The man grabbed him away from the mom and shot him, 2 shots in head at close range.
At some point the 4 year old's body was taken outside with the others, that wasn't explained.
All had powder burns on their heads, such close range.

Horrific details I wish we didn't have to hear, worse than I imagined.

I'd like to know what was happening in the weeks, days, hours leading up to the murders.

Horrific details I wish we didn't have to hear, worse than I imagined.

I'd like to know what was happening in the weeks, days, hours leading up to the murders.
I had read in the very beginning they were separated, but haven’t seen it since, so can’t say it’s true. I hope she doesn’t attend any of the trial or ever be in the same room as him. Don’t give him the satisfaction.

He looks absolutely broken in this video, unlike some parents that kill their children who sit there emotionless or with crocodile tears. I think this man snapped for what ever reason, completely lost it and has now realised what he has done. Poor poor boys, their poor mother and sister too.
Just want to add after learning more about this case and watching the police videos I absolutely retract my statement above. The man is pure evil

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back