Found Deceased OH - Cory Barron, 22, Cleveland, 18 July 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I really wonder if he fell over a railing and landed in the dumpster. If Aldean were on stage (distracting intoxicated audience members), it's possible no one saw it happen. Hopefully LE is going through camera footage from surrounding buildings to see if they can see someone falling from the ballpark.

They are REALLY focusing on the chute. I'm wondering if that is the only way to access that particular dumpster.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2014/07/live_nation_responsible_for_se.html
Early statements from police say that Barron fell five stories through a trash chute after he wandered away from his family during the Jason Aldean concert.
Lorain County Medical Examiner Stephen Evans performed an autopsy Wednesday, but an initial cause of death wasn't known as of 2 p.m. Evans said toxicology tests could take weeks.
Pillow said officers did not physically inspect the inside of the dumpsters around the stadium during their search for Barron before his body was found.
Capt. Jim Drozdowski of the Lorain County Sheriff's Department said Barron's body had no bruises or other obvious signs of trauma.

They are REALLY focusing on the chute. I'm wondering if that is the only way to access that particular dumpster.
Wonder why, though. (The $64,000 question, I know.) Did search dogs alert to the chute or to that specific dumpster? I can't see how a man of his size could (a.) fit into the chute like a slide and (b.) get shoved into the chute by one person. A couple of people shoving a grown man into a garbage chute is going to draw attention. There is more than one dumpster at an MLB ballpark -- how do they know it's that one?

These are all rhetorical questions. Just thinking out loud.

could he have gotten into the dumpster by NOT falling down this chute? Some other more direct way? (Sorry if this was asked previously - I don;t recall).

I am still not getting it. How this could have happened accidentally. Closing up shop for the night here - maybe there will be some more news tomorrow. So sorry for you Cory...

I am still not getting it. How this could have happened accidentally. Closing up shop for the night here - maybe there will be some more news tomorrow. So sorry for you Cory...

Totally agree. I can't believe he would be so drunk as to crawl into a wall mounted trash chute that's impossible to fall into. And that trash chute just happens to be the best place in the entire stadium to hide a body. No way.

Do we know what size dumpster it was? I keep thinking of this type of dumpster would be easy to fall into or be pushed into.

View attachment 55426
http://all-waste.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/6-yard-front-load-dumpster.jpg

I keep getting this idea that he was possibly vomiting in the dumpster and either fell in or was pushed in by some other drunk people or just a group of jerky guys as a prank type of deal, not intending to kill him, thinking he would come to and crawl out eventually.

quoting myself sorry. But I really want to know if it was this type of dumpster. One could easily be placed or climb into one this size with the side door. They are very common.

I have heard about a man who killed himself this way. He was battling PTSD - went to work like usual, started his lunch break, took off his shoes and climbed right in. BUT that has to be so very rare, and there has been no mention of his mental state (aside from drinking). Ok, I really am going now. Thanks to the locals for the info and keeping us posted.

Walked around the stadium on Google Street View and this is the only thing I can find that resembles a garbage chute, but I'm not really sure.

chute.jpg

Will be really surprised if he was murdered. Have no idea what happened but the idea of no one seeing a murder is even more remote to me than an accident or horseplay, for example.

This article contains photos of the actual trash disposal systems inside Progressive Field:
http://www.freshwatercleveland.com/features/greenindians082312.aspx

From this link:

"Did someone mention recycling?

Big venues generate big waste -- but also big opportunity. After every game, three sets of staffers "sweep" the seats. The first sweep is for recyclables, the second for compostables, and the third for trash. The comingled recyclables slide down giant chutes and are collected in a 36-yard bin in the bowels of the park."

Fremont community remembers Cory Barron
http://www.wkyc.com/story/news/local/2014/07/22/cory-barron-vigil/13028043/

"Nearly 100 people showed up for Tuesday evening's vigil at Fremont Ross High School. A second, larger vigil is planned for Thursday, July 24 at the same site. People are encouraged to dress in purple and white, the school's colors.

A fund will be established for anyone wishing to donate to the Barron family."

Will be really surprised if he was murdered. Have no idea what happened but the idea of no one seeing a murder is even more remote to me than an accident or horseplay, for example.

Maybe not murdered. Like not pre-meditated or violent murder. But what if the friend he went to meet up with accompanied him to the bathroom. They accidentally stumbled into the trash room instead. Then Cory had to barf, so he opened the waist-high trash chute and threw up in it. While he was doing that, his drunk friend thought it would be hilarious to pick up his feet and push him in. I could see that happening. I know that's still murder, but not really intentional.

It would explain why the body had no trauma. It would also explain why the FBI is involved. If they are involved, they suspect foul play.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teqtoshi
Back