Found Deceased OH - Cory Barron, 22, Cleveland, 18 July 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
quoting myself sorry. But I really want to know if it was this type of dumpster. One could easily be placed or climb into one this size with the side door. They are very common.

I would guess the dumpsters around a stadium would be larger than that - especially if they have huge chutes dropping likely tons of garbage bags down them...just my guess though. But yes - if the dumpster had a side opening, he could have entered on his own, or against his will.

Do you remember them being open and obvious? As in someone would stumble INTO one if they were drunk? I just can't picture how this wouldn't be a HUGE liability...cripes, kids would for sure think "wheeeeee!!!"

I don't know...I guess I have stopped being surprised by the many ways in which people end up dead...standing up in beds of trucks under low bridges, etc...will have to wait and see. Jmo

Maybe some drunk guys saw him passed out and thought it would be funny to throw him down there..not knowing how far down it went. People do really stupid thing when they're drunk and don't think of consequences :(

The chutes at the stadium would be much larger. They use large sized trash cans, especially in the food vendors areas.

The bottom photo in those pics looks just like a trash chute from an apartment complex I used to live in. You had to use medium to small garbage bags because the larger ones would not fit when full. I imagine the whole point was to avoid people falling in the chutes as the building was 20 stories high.

I'm thinking it would have looked more like this. View attachment 55472
http://buildipedia.com/images/maste...es/149182_trashchute/149182_trashchute-01.jpg

Also a neglectful stadium employee could have left it unlocked.

The only way I think he could have accidentally fallen in is if he opened it to vomit.

Otherwise someone must have pushed him in there? A security guard that snapped? Another drunken concert goer? An old friend?

MOO, seems if someone tried to push a big guy like Cory into something like this it would surely have caused a ruckus.

Isn't it unusual for the FBI To become involved?

If there was no sign of trauma, not even a bruise, then how did he die?

Asphyxiation is the only thing I can think of.

http://www.19actionnews.com/story/26097837/continuing-coverage-investigation-into-cory-barrons-death

Cory's brother, Clay Barron, posted the following message on his Facebook page:

"I wish I could take the time to thank each of you individually. The support, dedication, and love that has been shown to Cory and the rest of our family over the past few days has been beyond incredible and my family will be forever thankful. All of your efforts, thoughts, prayers, and kind words mean more to my family and I than I could ever express in words. It has been because of all you and the persistent and dedicated work of the Cleveland PD, especially Commander Stephens and his team and all of the other law enforcement agencies involved, that we are able to bring Cory home where he belongs. Please continue to pray for our family during this difficult time and help us remember Cory for the beyond amazing, caring, and loving young man that I was so blessed to have as my brother for 20 years."

Well, just for comparison purposes...how many of us here have been in a large stadium (sporting or music event, etc) where you've come across one of these garbage chutes...meaning one huge enough for a large man to "fall" down? I've been to several large venues and have NEVER seen one. I would think if this was something right out in the open more of us wouldn't be so surprised to hear the possibilty of this happening...:(

Umm...that would be "zero" for me too. And what are the chances that no one in the entire venue saw him? Was that area so secluded that a man of his size would not be seen entering a garbage chute? I would think it would catch the attention of someone. if this was an accident - I tend to think it's more likely he gained access to the dumpster itself. Could he have realized he lost his cell phone after throwing away garbage and went to check out the dumpster not realizing he dropped it elsewhere? Maybe the trash caused him to vomit /choke ? I don't know - this "accident" seems so strange but if no signs of foul play are found on him ....I guess we are left to wonder.

There was a lot of chaos in this case to me. So many differing opinions on his condition. Either he was drunk or he wasn't. Either he met up with friends or he didn't. I don't know if people won't tell the truth because they don't want to cause problems, or they want LE to look regardless. I never know if it's the media that creates confusion, and if it's as confusing to LE as it is to readers. I don't know that it makes a difference here now, but where he was last seen, who he was with, and what his next plan was was should have been known. It's a sad thing and I wish for peace for this family.

Police sources told WKYC Investigator Tom Meyer that Barron couldn't have simply fallen into a garbage chute. "He'd have to crawl in or do the limbo or something similar," Meyer tweeted, citing those same police sources. He later added that the 3-foot by 3-foot opening, which was in a well-lit area, was too small for an adult to accidentally fall into.

Also unclear is where the Dumpster Barron was in actually was while Cleveland police conducted extensive searches of Progressive Field. Police tell Meyer they used "general purpose" police dogs to conduct those searches, not cadaver dogs they borrowed for the landfill search.

http://www.wkyc.com/story/news/local/cuyahoga-county/2014/07/23/cory-barron/13041217/

could he have gotten into the dumpster by NOT falling down this chute? Some other more direct way? (Sorry if this was asked previously - I don;t recall).

Apparently the dumpster he was in is located in sort of a basement type area? Like, a room full of other dumpsters, they showed a photo on the 6 oclock news last night... The chute is behind double doors that are for employees only. So he would have had to trespass into an employee area and then crawl into the chute.. I don't have a link to the video, so I guess this is JMO. I'll find the video when I get home and post it, if it hasnt been already.

OR he was taken back there by some one and put in the chute.

I wonder if the employee area is normally locked or just some doors that say "employees only".

People who are extremely drunk do strange things. I would not be surprised if he was as drunk as rumor says, that he was looking for somewhere to hide, pass out, puke, etc.

I forsee a lawsuit for over serving.....

I wonder if the employee area is normally locked or just some doors that say "employees only".

People who are extremely drunk do strange things. I would not be surprised if he was as drunk as rumor says, that he was looking for somewhere to hide, pass out, puke, etc.

That's possible. Even in my out of control drunk days I couldn't see myself doing something that, but I guess all people react differently to alcohol. Whether he got in there himself, or he was pushed in (I still can't even decide which one would make more sense), I still can't understand how he wouldn't have any bumps or bruises from falling 5 stories down a metal chute!

There should be cameras even in an employee hallway, right?

The blueprints show that the chute was behind double doors, so likely not locked, although I still would think this or any off-limits area would/should be monitored by security. In my opinion.

I forsee a lawsuit for over serving.....

Or just general negligence. If the chute is so easily accessible, and/or not monitored properly by security, we could just as easily be reading about a curious child right now. In my opinion.

That's possible. Even in my out of control drunk days I couldn't see myself doing something that, but I guess all people react differently to alcohol. Whether he got in there himself, or he was pushed in (I still can't even decide which one would make more sense), I still can't understand how he wouldn't have any bumps or bruises from falling 5 stories down a metal chute!

There should be cameras even in an employee hallway, right?

He probably just slid right down, like a slide at the county fair or something. He then fell on top of bags of garbage so there was plenty of padding. Makes sense to me.

This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. I cannot come up with a scenario, innocent or otherwise, that seems plausible.

http://fox8.com/2014/07/24/questions-linger-in-case-of-cory-barron/
Cleveland police detectives were working to determine how Barron may have ended up in a dumpster in the ballpark’s basement.

Investigators focused on a trash chute leading from near the upper level section where Barron, 22, was sitting, down several stories to a dumpster in the basement.

The spokesman said no one checked dumpsters, and cadaver dogs were not used in the search, as Cleveland police do not have cadaver dogs.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbelle
Back