Found Deceased OH - Cory Barron, 22, Cleveland, 18 July 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder how long it took for the witness to come forward? I would think, by now, they would have identified the individuals that were in section 541 arguing with Cory.....
Just odd how a group of people (if that is the case) could beat Cory up, kill him, and throw his body down a chute, all while at Jacobs Field for a concert....
There is people everywhere- people walking around the stadium at all times during the concert to buy drinks, food, and use the restroom. How far off the beaten path was the trash chute? More people would have had to of witnessed the guy getting jumped by several people, right? Just so strange there are not more witnesses.

This case had always bothered me, being a native Clevelander myself. I hope the family gets some answers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You, as well as I know, how the stadium is then. I imagine that it was a full house for Jason Aldean- probably MORE packed than any Indians game (lol). At ANY event (Cavs, Browns, Indians, Concerts, Shows, etc), there are MANY staff members, security AND police! I just don't see how this could happen, UNNOTICED, at Progressive Field. There really aren't any secret or hidden little areas. For the most part, it is an open venue and you are surrounded by thousands of people! I assume more than one person witnessed what happened, but have not come forward.

As a big guy, maybe the perp/s had to hit him ( his head ) from the seats above Cory's?
Perhaps he was knocked out and lay unnoticed on the floor during the show, then dragged out by " buddies taking care of drunk friend"?
If any one of the perps had a connection with someone at the venue, maybe they borrowed a dolly to move Cory to the garbage shoot?
Cooperating after-show cleaning staff??

speculation, imo.

no one has posted on this thread for quite some time- new article regarding Cory....

http://fox8.com/2016/03/17/i-team-e...elieve-foul-play-caused-death-of-cory-barron/

It is believed that he sustained some injuries or was possibly dead prior to being placed in the trash chute (blows to the head and ribs). LE now believes that there was foul play involved.
Still doesn't make sense though- It had to have been a STRONG individual to beat up a 225 pound man, physically lift him up, and push him down a chute. Makes me think more than one person is probably involved?
But who would want to kill Cory? He is at the stadium.....
I am from Cleveland area- everyone knows that it is NOT a safe area- you would put yourself at risk if you were walking down the street, alone and intoxicated.... but inside the stadium?! How does this happen?

I'm from the Cleveland area, too. It seems the only people who would be at a Jason Aldean concert would be country music fans. Seems unlikely any of the downtown criminals would have paid so much money to go to a country music concert. It sounds like a bunch of drunken agressive people looking for a fight.

Such a shame if this is what happened. There have been some concerns about widespread drunkenness at some of these concerts. Perhaps they should limit alcohol sales or do more to prevent drunken people from entering the venue.

Hope his family gets some answers.

I-Team: Tips received in connection with Cory Barron's death, investigators hoping for more
http://via.fox8.com/c8V4z

Another new article- shows pictures of people in 541 that are potential witnesses. Also, reports that one individual has been identified. Interesting. Surprised it took this long ....

I-Team: Tips received in connection with Cory Barron's death, investigators hoping for more
http://via.fox8.com/c8V4z

Another new article- shows pictures of people in 541 that are potential witnesses. Also, reports that one individual has been identified. Interesting. Surprised it took this long ....

Thanks for posting, did not know that Cory was with family members that evening- bitter-sweet, he died alone, but with loved ones nearby, imo.
From the link..
Cory went to the concert that night with his sister, brother, and a few friends. Shortly before the concert started he went to visit a friend in another section and was not seen by his family again.

Cory’s father Matt, talked to Fox 8 Friday and said he is hoping anyone at that concert in July 2014 will look at their pictures or video.

“We need help to find out what happened,” Matt Barron said. “We want to know what exactly happened to Cory.”

A reward of up to $10,000 is being offered for information leading to an arrest and conviction of those responsible for Cory’s death.

An anonymous tip line has been sent up, if you have any information or where in section 541 that night, please call 1-877-637-6600. Or email IRG at info@irgglobal.com.

I'm from the Cleveland area, too. It seems the only people who would be at a Jason Aldean concert would be country music fans. Seems unlikely any of the downtown criminals would have paid so much money to go to a country music concert. It sounds like a bunch of drunken agressive people looking for a fight.

Such a shame if this is what happened. There have been some concerns about widespread drunkenness at some of these concerts. Perhaps they should limit alcohol sales or do more to prevent drunken people from entering the venue.

Hope his family gets some answers.

I agree with you. I don't really think of violent murderous criminals when I think of country music. I am SURE alcohol is a big factor- but aren't any of these people responsible for Cory's death feeling some deep regret and remorse? How do you live with yourself day to day?
Honestly, the people that are responsible for his death may be hard working, average individuals.... which is a scary thought.

The private investigators, all retired federal agents, spent the last six years working on the case and say they believe the 22-year-old recent college graduate was murdered.

Dick Wrenn, a retired FBI agent who is one of the private investigators working on the case, and Matt Barron, Cory’s father, said they do not believe Cory’s death was an accident. They believe he was murdered.

Wrenn has pointed out that Barron had injuries to his head and ribs that happened prior to death.

“It’s our belief that he got in an altercation with persons unknown and he was hit both on the head and in the ribs and placed in the garbage chute,” Wrenn has said.

Nov 14, 2022 article.

[…]

…. The case has been closed since 2015.

Monday, Cleveland police confirmed that the Lorain County Medical Examiner is ruling the case a homicide.

“The source, who passed a polygraph test, told investigators the people that appeared to be “urinating and spitting,” left their seats right around the time Cory went missing. They returned a short time later, gathered up their belongings and left.”

Interesting how they say the case has been closed since 2015, but Cleveland Police provided the coroner with additional information. I’m happy the family got movement on this case after so long. Hoping they get even more…

Aug 2022 rbbm.

''We’ve learned police are now investigating an “incident” that may have led to his death, and detectives released photos to the I-Team that could provide new clues.

Eight years ago, 22-year-old Cory Barron went to a concert in downtown Cleveland with his brother and sister. Hours later, he ended up missing, and a few days later he was found dead in a landfill.''
1668516999881.png

1668517025280.png
“We became aware of a potential incident that occurred,” said Cleveland Homicide Detective Sgt. Aaron Reese.

''On Wednesday, Reese released two photographs to the I-Team that were taken during the concert, showing sections 468 and 570. Section 468 is where officials believe Cory was last seen alive.

“We are asking anyone who was there in 2014 or knows someone that was there to please take a look at any pictures you may have,” Reese said. “We’d just like to talk to anybody who was there and anyone who could’ve saw anything out of the ordinary.”

Reese also confirmed he did recently submit some DNA evidence to a lab and is looking to gather additional DNA evidence.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back