Found Deceased OH - Cory Barron, 22, Cleveland, 18 July 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
this is exactly what some of us were saying earlier! all the time when i see men getting thrown out of places they get even angrier, fight back, argue with security. if he really did get thrown out i could see that happening. ive seen MANY times where security gets violent. could have went to far and thats how they got rid of him.

then again.. he had no bumps or bruises so this doesnt seem likely either i guess..

they have to know by now though. there has to be some sort of camera near the chute where they could see who he was with, or if anything suspicious was going on around there.

Jumping off of the BBM because it made me think: If he went down that chute, there will be clothing fibers around the opening and in the chute. Surely they've swabbed the bejeezus out of the thing?

this is pretty out there. like. really out there..
how easy is it to climb UP a garbage chute?

say that he did get thrown out by security... maybe he was trying to sneak back in??

prob not. just another idea for why in the world would a person be in a garbage chute.

Just wondering...if he died of asphyxia, that would show up on the initial autopsy?

I'm just thinking of this possibility (that would include him going down the chute):
Maybe he's intoxicated enough that he does fall down the chute - and lands face first on a pile of garbage. Maybe he passes out and suffocates against one of the trash bags, not able to breathe. OR, maybe he wasn't drunk enough to stay face down, but rolls over to his back and then passes out. Then maybe additional bags were thrown down the shoot, landing on his face, possibly suffocating that way and he simply never woke up from passing out?

Just throwing out weird possibilities that would account for a soft landing (no bruising) but still a non/obvious cause of death. Such a strange circumstance :(

But - if suffocation or the like would show up on that initial autopsy, this theory would obviously be out.

Just wondering...if he died of asphyxia, that would show up on the initial autopsy?

I'm just thinking of this possibility (that would include him going down the chute):
Maybe he's intoxicated enough that he does fall down the chute - and lands face first on a pile of garbage. Maybe he passes out and suffocates against one of the trash bags, not able to breathe. OR, maybe he wasn't drunk enough to stay face down, but rolls over to his back and then passes out. Then maybe additional bags were thrown down the shoot, landing on his face, possibly suffocating that way and he simply never woke up from passing out?

Just throwing out weird possibilities that would account for a soft landing (no bruising) but still a non/obvious cause of death. Such a strange circumstance :(

But - if suffocation or the like would show up on that initial autopsy, this theory would obviously be out.

You echoed my thoughts exactly. I just did some googling and gleamed that in violent asphyxiation there is often blood shot eyes and excess carbon dioxide in the blood. But it is possible that there are no outward signs such as with an already unconscious person passed out drunk smothered by a plastic bad. It was also probably very hot in there.

this is pretty out there. like. really out there..
how easy is it to climb UP a garbage chute?

say that he did get thrown out by security... maybe he was trying to sneak back in??

prob not. just another idea for why in the world would a person be in a garbage chute.

Good thought, but I think most garbage chutes are actually vertical and not diagonal. That would require some serious American Ninja Warrior skills to attempt. But then again, your theory holds that he was unsuccessful, so I guess it's a possibility.

Is it possible that he couldn't find his way back to his friends and after the concert was over he tried to meet back up with them outside and something occurred then? Not sure how he would have gotten back into the dumpster if it was located inside though.

nothing new in the news right now. We are still thinking of your loved ones, Cory.

http://www.thenews-messenger.com/st...olice-still-waiting-autopsy-results/14266691/

This week marks one month since Fremont resident Cory Barron was found dead after disappearing from a Cleveland concert, but there are still many unanswered questions about the 22-year-old's death.

The Lorain County Coroner's Office said Monday they are expecting Barron's toxicology results any day now although they are not sure when, exactly, they will be available.

The Cleveland Police Department's homicide unit is still waiting for those test results as they proceed with their investigation, the department said Monday morning.

For what it's worth, in central Ohio, toxicology results usually take about six weeks, so hopefully we will hear something soon.

Maybe some drunk guys saw him passed out and thought it would be funny to throw him down there..not knowing how far down it went. People do really stupid thing when they're drunk and don't think of consequences :(

In high school, I remember upperclassmen would put freshmen (aka "fish") in the dumpsters.

I will always wonder how Elisa Lam ended up in that water tank and why. I have a feeling this could be the case with Cory, too. I've been thinking a lot about this case. jmo

"His official cause of death remains undetermined, but the coroner's office said his body suffered multiple blunt force trauma injuries during the five-story fall into an enclosed Dumpster."

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2014/09/progressive_field_garbage_chut.html

I don't understand this though. They said initially that he had no visible injuries. If he had multiple blunt force trauma injuries, wouldn't they have shown up on the body by the time he was found?

Toxicology results from your link:

Alcohol was found in tissue samples taken from Barron. The coroner's office said they could not accurately measure his blood-alcohol level because of the state of his body. No drugs were found in the tissue sample.

Just came across this case looking for missing concert-goers ( uid male found near Ottawa, "Bane" fan http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...in-the-water-15-10-15&p=12123967#post12123967)
and was disturbed to read about the very curious death of Corry.
Have seen people totally wasted at concerts ect. but a large fellow especially, ending up in a garbage shoot/ dumpster, just does not seem to happen.
Something very peculiar about this case, imo, hope his family manages to find out something about that night, it is so sad and upsetting to simply not know how that happened to their loved one.

no one has posted on this thread for quite some time- new article regarding Cory....

http://fox8.com/2016/03/17/i-team-e...elieve-foul-play-caused-death-of-cory-barron/

It is believed that he sustained some injuries or was possibly dead prior to being placed in the trash chute (blows to the head and ribs). LE now believes that there was foul play involved.
Still doesn't make sense though- It had to have been a STRONG individual to beat up a 225 pound man, physically lift him up, and push him down a chute. Makes me think more than one person is probably involved?
But who would want to kill Cory? He is at the stadium.....
I am from Cleveland area- everyone knows that it is NOT a safe area- you would put yourself at risk if you were walking down the street, alone and intoxicated.... but inside the stadium?! How does this happen?

Leading the investigators to that conclusion are discussions with Cory’s Family, police, the coroner’s office, as well as a witness in section 541, who gave a chilling account of what took place that night.
“The witness said sometime between 9:45 when the concert began and 10, Cory Barron was seen in section 541, perhaps in an argument with a young man there,” Wrenn said. “Cory turned to leave and was followed by several individuals and that was the last he was seen.”

*I have not read this entire thread, so I am unsure if this information was known previously. I ran across this article this morning and decided to see if there was a thread about Cory.
I wonder if they have found identified the individuals that are seen arguing with Cory.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back