Found Deceased OH - Cory Barron, 22, Cleveland, 18 July 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It is mysterious that the press is not allowed in to take photos of the chute in question. Why not?!

Because Progressive Field will surely be sued. They don't want to grant access and allow visuals to go public. Don't want to taint the jury pool. Just my guess.

Because Progressive Field will surely be sued. They don't want to grant access and allow visuals to go public. Don't want to taint the jury pool. Just my guess.
I see what you are saying but they better shut the place down then because I guarantee people will be there taking pictures during the next event.

Question for people who know about medical things. If a body were shoved in a 5 story chute after it was already deceased -- would any bruising result? Do you have to have blood pumping for bruises to result? Or can dead bodies bruise?

Seeing that hole makes accident seem more likely again.

Seeing that hole makes me wonder why this hasn't happened before. And this was around a place that the public had access to? With all that, it was just a matter of time IMO.

I see what you are saying but they better shut the place down then because I guarantee people will be there taking pictures during the next event.

I really hope they will have this area appropriately blocked off to the public during the next event, as it should have been already.

Question for people who know about medical things. If a body were shoved in a 5 story chute after it was already deceased -- would any bruising result? Do you have to have blood pumping for bruises to result? Or can dead bodies bruise?

I don't know about medical things but I did look this up before, and it seems one can bruise post-mortem:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10736761

Further thoughts from a medical expert would be appreciated!

I've been to many venues in many cities and I'm still in shock at the size of the opening. I have never, ever seen anything like that accessible to the public.

I've been to many venues in many cities and I'm still in shock at the size of the opening. I have never, ever seen anything like that accessible to the public.

Well, it's behind double doors. So maybe technically accessible but not terribly obvious, if that makes sense. I haven't seen it specified if they were the type that lock or just swinging doors.

Okay. So, in my opinion, it seems pretty apparent that the fall itself didn't kill him. I'm basing this on the complete lack of any apparent damage reported to his body - nothing broken, not so much as a laceration or bruise. And, if that is the chute in my previous screen shot, it's not terribly steep, and as previously mentioned by someone else, it would be smooth so as to allow garbage bags to go down without breaking open.

So, what are we thinking for cause of death? I suppose if he was already passed out when he went down the chute, and landed face-first, asphyxiation could be likely (as previously mentioned by bakerlady). Or, by that same token, alchohol poisoning? If he choked on his own vomit, wouldn't that be determinable by the physical autopsy?

Also, if he was passed out when he went down the chute, that begs the question, how did he get in there? Two theories have already been raised; a joke gone wrong, or angry security guards.

(Sorry if this is graphic, just trying to understand what could have happened here.)

So I guess he was not shot, stabbed, beaten or choked...and tox will only show if he was legally drunk or on drugs. Still not likely to produce a cause or manner or death, Imo. May just be one of those mysterious deaths that probably resulted from an accident, Imo.

A full investigation is needed to prevent further accidents. It seems likely the operators of the stadium were trying to cut costs by having few maintenance and security staff on site. They're notorious for this kind of thing. The stadium is technically owned by taxpayers, but is leased by a corporation under very favorable terms. Any improvements to make it safer will be funded by taxpayers. The corporation will likely be sued and will pass that burden on to the county.

Its a bad deal overall and those to blame will likely absorb little of the cost of any lawsuits.

Okay. So, in my opinion, it seems pretty apparent that the fall itself didn't kill him. I'm basing this on the complete lack of any apparent damage reported to his body - nothing broken, not so much as a laceration or bruise. And, if that is the chute in my previous screen shot, it's not terribly steep, and as previously mentioned by someone else, it would be smooth so as to allow garbage bags to go down without breaking open.

So, what are we thinking for cause of death? I suppose if he was already passed out when he went down the chute, and landed face-first, asphyxiation could be likely (as previously mentioned by bakerlady). Or, by that same token, alchohol poisoning? If he choked on his own vomit, wouldn't that be determinable by the physical autopsy?

Also, if he was passed out when he went down the chute, that begs the question, how did he get in there? Two theories have already been raised; a joke gone wrong, or angry security guards.

(Sorry if this is graphic, just trying to understand what could have happened here.)
What about heat? He passed out/fell into the chute and was trapped. The dumpsters are usually enclosed Type. It would have been just like being trapped in a hot car. Jmo

This case bugs me. It just BUGS me. I find it unlikely that a drunk man would fall inside the chute, after barging unnoticed past an unsecured door (which I'm assuming he opened), then fall inside the chute, making noise that no one heard...
I mean, I understand that it's possible, but I find it so unlikely.

Via Kindle, like a true Amazon junkie

Some of the comments on one of the news articles claim he was thrown out for being intoxicated. Security could have 'thrown him out' in the literal sense.

It seems like a joke gone bad or the case of someone, patron or security, having a fit of rage. Very bizarre case indeed.

Some of the comments on one of the news articles claim he was thrown out for being intoxicated. Security could have 'thrown him out' in the literal sense.

It seems like a joke gone bad or the case of someone, patron or security, having a fit of rage. Very bizarre case indeed.

this is exactly what some of us were saying earlier! all the time when i see men getting thrown out of places they get even angrier, fight back, argue with security. if he really did get thrown out i could see that happening. ive seen MANY times where security gets violent. could have went to far and thats how they got rid of him.

then again.. he had no bumps or bruises so this doesnt seem likely either i guess..

they have to know by now though. there has to be some sort of camera near the chute where they could see who he was with, or if anything suspicious was going on around there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back