GUILTY OH - Doyle, 88, & Lilian Chumney, 79, Tuscarawas County, 21 Jan 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It looks like it was the same minivan...

According to the Mohave County Sheriff's Office, deputies located the vehicle identified in a national BOLO on Interstate 40 near Kingman, Ariz. around 12:05 a.m. and attempted a traffic stop. The driver refused to stop, resulting a high-speed chase.

When the vehicle turned on to a dirt road, it became disabled. Hazel, Clark and Jeffrey Caley, all got out and fled on foot.

Deputies located Clark and Hazel a short time later. Caley is still on the loose. The sheriff's office says they are actively conducting an air and ground search for him.

According to officials, a brush fire ignited during the chase, catching three law enforcement vehicles on fire.

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/local-news/chumney-murder-suspect-robert-clark-in-custody-in-arizona

I haven't seen anything in the reports yet about whether or not they were still in that same green minivan.

On the other hand, I haven't seen any reports that they may have stolen a different vehicle either.

With an APB and BOLO out on them, it is just amazing that they were able to travel that far without raising any suspicion.

My guess would be that they were traveling at night, but even so, you can't drive more than 15 or 20 miles along the interstate without seeing a cop of some kind either patrolling or parked in the median snagging speeders.

Just doing a little quick math, that would mean they would have crossed paths with about 75 law enforcement vehicles on their journey across the country. None of which apparently paid any attention to them.

the one I posted upthread, I think it said in the green minivan

maybe mute point now since arrest, but can you savae it to your computer, paint program or something and then add comments?

Great news they've finally been arrested. I can't believe they got so far without being picked up. I don't think Clark will be seeing daylight anytime soon.

Not sure if the map can be saved and edited, but I did manage to add a description for each point. But as you say, a mute point now. Thanks.

A different pic of Clark as well as a map of areas they were known to be in.

Attachments

• map-robert-clark_1423156601824_13096817_ver1.0_640_480.jpg
    map-robert-clark_1423156601824_13096817_ver1.0_640_480.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 161
I imagine they have been harassed and are just tired of it.

Doyle and Lillian Chumney Polka Dancing (3 Minutes) - A Celebration of t...: http://youtu.be/ctjPwA7SQ2Q

This was really awesome to see! By all accounts thus far they were really a terrific couple.

Great news that there is only one left on the run! It doesn't really surprise me that they got so far without being noticed. I think a green mini van is about as common as it gets. So as long as they obeyed traffic laws and didn't act nervous when they saw LE they were good to go. I remember following a case here where a woman let a homeless man move in with her and then he murdered her. He stole her car and then traveled around for months before he was captured. I wish I could remember her name. :thinking:

Great news that there is only one left on the run! It doesn't really surprise me that they got so far without being noticed. I think a green mini van is about as common as it gets. So as long as they obeyed traffic laws and didn't act nervous when they saw LE they were good to go. I remember following a case here where a woman let a homeless man move in with her and then he murdered her. He stole her car and then traveled around for months before he was captured. I wish I could remember her name. :thinking:
He has been caught also.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lexus24
Back