GUILTY OH - Doyle, 88, & Lilian Chumney, 79, Tuscarawas County, 21 Jan 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
You guys have got to watch this video. Towards the end watch the reaction his stepdad has towards the reporter.

Why so upset ? Didn't he want his boy captured alive ?

http://www.newsnet5.com/about-us/mo...er-suspect-robert-clark-in-custody-in-arizona

I thought the first interview with dad was interesting, he said for Robert to turn himself in, we dont' wnat you to get shot and don't do anything crazy................WOOOPS, a little too late for that advice

But yeah, I wouldn' t want the news media hounding me either but his reaction here was quite different than his first interview, almost like you said, "didnt' he want him captured alive??

I thought the first interview with dad was interesting, he said for Robert to turn himself in, we dont' wnat you to get shot and don't do anything crazy................WOOOPS, a little too late for that advice

But yeah, I wouldn' t want the news media hounding me either but his reaction here was quite different than his first interview, almost like you said, "didnt' he want him captured alive??

Wouldn't it be easier to just let the reporter knock on the door and not open it ?

I thought it was a strange reaction, seeing how he "appeared" to be concerned about his safety and all. But.....I guess maybe he was a little put off by the idea of the collect phone calls from jail, a trial that has to be attended, and a slew of pending legal expenses.
All of these things will be a huge inconvenience for him.

Maybe he had time to rethink Roberts' safe capture and whether it was really a good thing or not......... before the reporter arrived.

Wouldn't it be easier to just let the reporter knock on the door and not open it ?

I thought it was a strange reaction, seeing how he "appeared" to be concerned about his safety and all. But.....I guess maybe he was a little put off by the idea of the collect phone calls from jail, a trial that has to be attended, and a slew of pending legal expenses.
All of these things will be a huge inconvenience for him.

Maybe he had time to rethink Roberts' safe capture and whether it was really a good thing or not......... before the reporter arrived.

haha, I did think that myself....... if I were in his shoes, wait, why'd he even go to the door,

yeah it was worse to know he'd killed 2 people, robbed in 3 states and was still on the run for that calm reply asking for Robert to turn himself in

well, it aint gonna be a fun ride now either, maybe he is thinking that indeed

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/local-...humney-disappearance-and-murder-investigation

didnt' see all this information before about the Chumney's, looks like they/he was abducted or something 2 days before they were found, he was seen in a green van in town acting very confused 2 days prior and then the Chumney's car was seen driivng recklessly on I77 that morning they were discovered at 730,

gosh, if people had thought to ask or approach or call the police, it might've saved them.......well........... or they'd all be dead IDk, but this is so sad

TIMELINE: WHAT WE KNOW
Tuesday
11:15 p.m.: Doyle and Lillian Chumney have a telephone conversation with their son.

Wednesday
8 a.m.: The Chumneys’ daughter, Diane Enama, calls their home at 308 S. Bodmer Ave., Strasburg. No one answers.
10:30 a.m.: The Chumneys are scheduled to arrive in Massillon to pick up their son and transport him to the airport. They do not arrive. The Chumneys’ son calls his sister.
11:24 a.m.: After arriving at the home of her mother and father, Enama calls 911.
Around noon: A dispatcher alerts area law enforcement that Doyle and Lillian Chumney are missing, their home ransacked.
12:59 p.m.: An endangered missing adult alert is released to the news media by the Ohio Attorney General’s Office.
Thursday

After several hours, as word spread of the case, calls began to come in to investigators. One woman reported seeing the Chumney's 1986 Pontiac Parisienne driving recklessly around 7:30 a.m. on I-77 north heading towards Canton. Another said she believed she'd seen Doyle Chumney two days earlier in an Aldi's parking lot in a green Honda van "acting very confused and strange."

Still another neighbor called to report footsteps in the snow at 5:50 a.m. then off in the direction of the Chumney's. The woman though lived several blocks away.

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/local-...humney-disappearance-and-murder-investigation

There appears to be some conflicting information in these timelines. The part highlighted above about the woman seeing Chumney at an Aldi's grocery store caught my eye. I don't see how that could have been though if they talked to their son on the phone the night before they vanished. I was trying to establish if it was possible that the Chumney's had been held captive for awhile before being killed.

Unless they were talking to their son that night with guns pointed at them, I don't see how the two versions can both be accurate.

There appears to be some conflicting information in these timelines. The part highlighted above about the woman seeing Chumney at an Aldi's grocery store caught my eye. I don't see how that could have been though if they talked to their son on the phone the night before they vanished. I was trying to establish if it was possible that the Chumney's had been held captive for awhile before being killed.

Unless they were talking to their son that night with guns pointed at them, I don't see how the two versions can both be accurate.

So seeing him at aldi's could have been Monday, that is 2 days prior to Wednesday,

550 A.m. wednesday? the neighbor saw footprints?

730 wednesday morning? wrecklessy driving on I77

IDK, hope it was quick and painless, it was very disturbing thinking they may have been captive a day or two bing tortured, hope not

So seeing him at aldi's could have been Monday, that is 2 days prior to Wednesday,

550 A.m. wednesday? the neighbor saw footprints?

730 wednesday morning? wrecklessy driving on I77

IDK, hope it was quick and painless, it was very disturbing thinking they may have been captive a day or two bing tortured, hope not

A woman alleged that she saw Doyle Chumney at an Aldi carpark on January 19th. She also said he was in a green Honda van (not a Dodge Caravan) which supposedly had the same licence plate number as Chumney's Pontiac. I don't know how accurate that assumption can be, given the son spoke to the Chumney's at 11:15pm (or whatever time it was) the night before they were reported missing. I also wonder how much credibility can be given to the fact that she said the numberplate was the same as the Pontiac.

Robert Clark confesses to his part in murder of Lilian and Doyle Chumney: Tuscarawas Co. Sheriff http://shar.es/1oepUw via @wews

The live press conference is now over. Here are a few of the details that are emerging from it above

I was attempting to get Police reports since so many news agencies are report such different info. The reports are not accessible online. I sent a tweet to all the reporters that I know in this area hoping they start attaching some of that factual information with their reports.

Thanks rosie_lee. I was hoping as they've now been caught and confessed, a few more concrete details would be coming out.

[h=1]Chumney murder suspect will be sent back to Coshocton[/h]...The second suspect in the slayings of a Strasburg couple confessed to the killings and is expected to be extradited to Ohio within a week, according to reports....

...Two people who were traveling with Clark — Jeffrey R. Caley and Tabatha Hazel...are suspects in the armed robberies, authorities do not believe they had anything to do with the couple's deaths, WKYC reported....

...Wilson said he is confident that all those involved with the double homicide have been caught....

...authorities have said they believe the killings took place in Coshocton County and that a firearm was involved....

...Staff from the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation is headed to Arizona to process the van, which is registered to Clark's mother, according to WKYC....

more at: http://www.coshoctontribune.com/sto...iff-clark-confesses-chumney-murders/22989201/

I just noticed Stewart received bond of $2M and Clark is waiting to have bond set. Just curious, does everyone in America get bond?

I just noticed Stewart received bond of $2M and Clark is waiting to have bond set. Just curious, does everyone in America get bond?
Yes they do. After you are arrested the next process is an arraignment at which time the charges are read, you offer a plea then the Judge sets bail amount. Judges can opt to deny bond, depending on extenuating circumstances.

Sheriff: Robert Clark confesses to Chumney murders

Earlier this week, the FBI announced a $20,000 reward for information on Clark.

Check out this story on WKYC.com: http://on.wkyc.com/1D5ZjsQ

Sheriff: Robert Clark confesses to Chumney murders

Earlier this week, the FBI announced a $20,000 reward for information on Clark.

Check out this story on WKYC.com: http://on.wkyc.com/1D5ZjsQ

Also from the link:

Also arrested was Tabatha Hazel, 26, of Canton, Ohio and Jeffrey Caley Jr., 26, of Canton, who ran from deputies and was captured Thursday morning in Kingman.

The two from Canton are not suspects in the couple's murder but were on a three-state crime spree with Clark after the murders. The trio robbed gas stations and convenience stores..

Yes they do. After you are arrested the next process is an arraignment at which time the charges are read, you offer a plea then the Judge sets bail amount. Judges can opt to deny bond, depending on extenuating circumstances.

Thanks rose_lee. I suppose they reckon they'd have a bit of bother coming up with $2M, so not much chance of them being released.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine
Back