GUILTY OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:truce:
I'm waiting on box of wine for my fail parenting bingo. Someone else is waiting on a kitten to make an appearance.

I'll take "Homeless Guy" for 1,000.

ETA: to anyone who thinks the joking is a sign of anything negative, insensitive, etc.... please understand it's just a way of blowing off steam while staying within the rules of the board.. can't say what I really think except to say that FM said she thinks Angela knows where Elaina is, and I am on board with that sentiment.

I can't find a case map and think this thread really needs one. I've only re-read the first 11 pages or so, so far, so I'll keep looking..

I can't find a case map and think this thread really needs one. I've only re-read the first 11 pages or so, so far, so I'll keep looking..

Don't think we have one. I'm not sure that any of the usual map makers have been over here. Plus we haven't had tons of info to work with. Now that FM is verified hopefully we can get some of the usual resources pulled together.

After Kathlynn and Terilynn's heartbreaking discoveries today, I NEED this baby to be okay and found alive and well, immediately.

I just went through everything since Ferretmommy was verified. When her posts were brought back, they were in their original order so just reading new new posts each day left me without an insider's view on things.

Mom has a recovering heroin addict for a boyfriend (relatively new). Mom doesn't have the kids often and seemed to have them because Dad and his gf had to work. Not good at all of course.

I can't imagine the stress in her life with her partner trying to adjust to life without drugs and bouncing between homes and people's couches. Family members don't seem to want them around much and I can't imagine it has much to do with the kids but rather Mom's attitude and bf's problems.

Ferretmommy, I hope they didn't have enough time to harm her and she's being hidden with friends or acquaintances of hers. I'm having a hard time holding on to that after a week but I'm hoping hard for all of your sakes.

Don't think we have one. I'm not sure that any of the usual map makers have been over here. Plus we haven't had tons of info to work with. Now that FM is verified hopefully we can get some of the usual resources pulled together.

Alright, well, I do maps from time to time. I can put one together. I'm just really tired from having three tabs open because of searching the same thread for multiple things ... plus I was going to put on her scanner and do transcribing for awhile for her thread in the basement soon.... so if I'm gonna do a map I'm gonna have to pray some kind soul will make a post that tells me the adresses that should be on there, complete with city and state. I know something about 700 block of Federal, but I don't know anything else for sure and all of my mind's tracks are shut down for the night except one, so my One-Track-Mind can't search and map-make and transcribe all at once, much as I want to.

:)

Shoot I can hardly post coherently, by the looks of that mess up there. I blame the fact that I spent four hours walking around the town fair/ field days today (I'm the lady carrying all the sweatshirts, giant souvenier cups, stuffed animals, and blow up prizes). :scared:

Alright, well, I do maps from time to time. I can put one together. I'm just really tired from having three tabs open because of searching the same thread for multiple things ... plus I was going to put on her scanner and do transcribing for awhile for her thread in the basement soon.... so if I'm gonna do a map I'm gonna have to pray some kind soul will make a post that tells me the adresses that should be on there, complete with city and state. I know something about 700 block of Federal, but I don't know anything else for sure and all of my mind's tracks are shut down for the night except one, so my One-Track-Mind can't search and map-make and transcribe all at once, much as I want to.

:)

Shoot I can hardly post coherently, by the looks of that mess up there. I blame the fact that I spent four hours walking around the town fair/ field days today (I'm the lady carrying all the sweatshirts, giant souvenier cups, stuffed animals, and blow up prizes). :scared:

I'm free and can do the searching if you need. I'm terrible with maps but I'm good at researching and gathering info. If you wanna send me a message with what you need I can start getting it together. I have my phone, laptop and iPad all open so I'm good to go.

Okeedoke, will do VAsportsmom. :)

This will be the maplink but right now it's bare bones and emptyish, so it will continue to change as I work on it -

http://goo.gl/maps/9N7nO

Just a DOUBLE dose of Benadryl would not kill a child, no.
If someone left it there and she drank the whole bottle, maybe. :twocents:
I'm guessing if this is a drug issue it probably isn't drugs meant for kids. :twocents:

Well, my theory was based on the quote about "she has problems" and only the mom and dad can fix them, or something to that effect. I considered that and the fact she was on medicine, and spat out a theory about it JUST PRIOR to reading that the medicine was for oral thrush.

BTW, my son got oral thrush and I got mastitis when I was nursing my oldest, so as many have said in the thread so far, thrush isn't that uncommon. My boy had it into his throat, not just on his tongue as many might be picturing in their head, and he was so young that he could only nurse as means of getting food and one of the only reflexes a baby has is to suckle and to cry, and suckling MADE him cry because swallowing hurt, and so it was a very sad little while there as he got better. Infant painkiller meds work nice after awhile but until it kicks in it can be a pretty trying time. Re: painkillers working ok, here's another thing that just occurred to me : Rather than a painkiller, our doctor would warn us before the "Cranky Baby Shots" (as we called baby immunizations as young parents) that we might want to bring along the Benadryl to give them to help them sleep off the pain of the shot afterwards.....

one time I gave my son his tylenol and then went to rinse the medicine syringe and my husband didn't know I'd done it so he gave it to him too, so we called poison control and it turned out not to be a big deal but we were FREAKING OUT.... but if two people did that with Benadryl back to back and neither noticed, I wonder if that might be a bigger problem?

That worries me in cases like Lisa Irwin, and this one... :(

I've been praying this precious baby willbe found soon. I'm very surprised she hasn't been! I was wondering if JK actually saw Elaina that Saturday when AS showed up, and what time she called and arrived at the house. Did JK see the baby, and not just a lump with a blanket that covered what she assumed was the baby, or did she really see the baby? I've watched the interviews, but these questions aren't answered.

Also, I was wondering if when the boyfriend SK ran out the back door if he did so because he was afraid of Elaina's dad TS? If Elaina was not in the house either that Sat.or Sun., he may have wanted to avoid TS. I don't think that SK had Elaina with him when he ran out the back, cause the baby would surely have been found long before, and didn't TS catch up with him on another street or alley?

I think AS knows is the cause of baby Elaina's disappearance, and may have had SK help in "putting" her somewhere. I was hoping that both AS and SK could be arrested for obstruction at the very least, and that they would then start pointing fingers at each other,and the truth would be known.

Also, I hope we get answers on who all were in and around the Federal st. house Saturday as well as Sunday.

Praying baby Elaina is found soon.

GGE, hope this helps---

1. Steven King - 704 Federal
2. High Level Bridge AKA Anthony Wayne Bridge - Rt 2 & Rt 51 (Woodville Rd/Clayton St.) - search on Woodville Rd side near Miami St
Also checked by friends/family/community:
3. International Park - Cherry St/Main St & Boers-Boyer Way
4. Front St Marina - to the NE before reaching I-280.
5. Ferretmommy/TJ's dad - Madeleine St (from E Broadway St to Woodville Rd, SE of intersection and Federal address

As Elaina and Kylee's great-aunt, I thank everyone for your concern, prayers, and help in mapping events. We all want Elaina back with her Daddy and big sister ASAP.

Me either! The fact that she is so emotionless and does use present tense makes me feel like the baby is safe. Dad's family doesn't seem to be flipping out either and that gives me a lot of hope. They seem angry and frustrated but not defeated. I wonder if this is the first time she has pulled a stunt like this with the kids...

OTOH, it has been a week and I don't see how Angela could have keep a walking, talking child hid this long without help. Maybe she has close friends or siblings that we haven't seen yet but all of her social media profiles seem to show only rather shallow and fleeting interactions. And unless the bf's mom is one heck of an actress I don't think she would stay quiet.

I would love to know what lead to the parents splitting and what their relationships were like with each girl. If Angela was closest to the Elaina then I can see her hiding her away but if Terry was closest to the baby ... Well, that scares me.

Sitting back at the empty lot all day waiting for news, preferably GOOD, but nothing either way yet. We are not flipping out b/c we all believe Angela has taken her out of the house and is hiding her. Her sister Mary has said she heard Angela tell "someone" that she wants to take her and go to Florida so she can start her life over again and TJ will not be able to see Elaina ever again. Also, several months ago a period of about 2 weeks went by that Angela kept TJ from seeing both girls, then suddenly gave in. Angela's mother who lived close to their prior residence, called TJ and said she needed to talk to him, "there's something you need to know." When he went to her apt., Lisa (Angela's mom) told him the reason she kept him from seeing them was that the baby had bruises on her and Angela didn't want TJ to see them. We were also informed that the day after the first interview, she was overheard saying "Oh! I forgot to tell the police that the baby looked like she had a black eye and broken nose, there was dried blood in her nose".
TJ and Angela split for several reasons, the main one being TJ had told her approx. a month before the split that he was tired of her always yelling and screaming at the kids and she had the tendency to pick up Kylee (4 yr old) roughly by the arm amongst other things. He gave her a month to change her attitude/actions, when she did not, he decided they were done. On top of that, TJ came home from work early one night (he works 3rd shift) and caught her on the couch with Steven.
Both girls are "daddy's girls", she may think IMO that if she can get Elaina away at this young age that she can change her feelings. Kylee did tell me yesterday that she slept with Elaina Sunday night on the floor.

Today is one full week. Where is this gorgeous baby ? How's the weather in her area? Good for searching I hope.

Weather has been clear all week for the search, high today about 70. Rain is supposed to be coming in tomorrow though. :(

GGE, hope this helps---

1. Steven King - 704 Federal
2. High Level Bridge AKA Anthony Wayne Bridge - Rt 2 & Rt 51 (Woodville Rd/Clayton St.) - search on Woodville Rd side near Miami St
Also checked by friends/family/community:
3. International Park - Cherry St/Main St & Boers-Boyer Way
4. Front St Marina - to the NE before reaching I-280.
5. Ferretmommy/TJ's dad - Madeleine St (from E Broadway St to Woodville Rd, SE of intersection and Federal address

As Elaina and Kylee's great-aunt, I thank everyone for your concern, prayers, and help in mapping events. We all want Elaina back with her Daddy and big sister ASAP.

Thank you very much! I had 702 Federal instead of 704, and didn't have most of the other stuff at all yet, so I will get right to work mapping these. Praying hard your great-niece is back home safe and sound with you ASAP.

edit - re: Madeline street, do you mean this was searched by those people, or that those people live on this street, or both? Just want to map it correctly, and I had Delence street as the street where TS Jr went to pick his father up to mediate - thanks!

BBM
I remember reading this in the beginning, and I was wondering the source/link for that quote? Ferret, maybe you know?
Also, Ferret, thank you for becoming verified, glad to see your posts have been restored.
I see you mention that the bf was recently out of rehab for heroin addiction. Wonder if he was maybe using again?
IMO

I know my husband Terry Sr. said it, but I don't recall where it was reported on.

^^^ Yeah I was just thinking of the timeline and him being "out on a different street looking for her" I wonder if they tried to hide her but obviously alone she wouldn't stay hidden by herself and she really did wander off.

Was the place the bf was down the street close to where that dog hit as to where the baby was?

So many questions...

No, the dog hit was supposedly down by the river in the brush along the shore that is shown in the TV video. And there is no way she could have gotten down to the river by herself, it is more than 1 mile away.

Yesterday, my husband and son commented that Angela's boyfriend's name is similar to the author of horror and suspense books. I wish this was one of his books/movies and not the reality we are all experiencing.

FerretMommy, I'm so glad to see you back! I was hoping that you would return soon. I'm really glad to hear that the family believes Elaina is just hidden. Her having bruises or the like is something that has been considered a lot on this thread as a reason for Angela hiding her to buy time, it is a relief (not the right word) to know that this is plausible.

Now we need to work on getting some media attention to hopefully put pressure on Angela (sent you a PM about this).

Sitting back at the empty lot all day waiting for news, preferably GOOD, but nothing either way yet. We are not flipping out b/c we all believe Angela has taken her out of the house and is hiding her. Her sister Mary has said she heard Angela tell "someone" that she wants to take her and go to Florida so she can start her life over again and TJ will not be able to see Elaina ever again. Also, several months ago a period of about 2 weeks went by that Angela kept TJ from seeing both girls, then suddenly gave in. Angela's mother who lived close to their prior residence, called TJ and said she needed to talk to him, "there's something you need to know." When he went to her apt., Lisa (Angela's mom) told him the reason she kept him from seeing them was that the baby had bruises on her and Angela didn't want TJ to see them. We were also informed that the day after the first interview, she was overheard saying "Oh! I forgot to tell the police that the baby looked like she had a black eye and broken nose, there was dried blood in her nose".
TJ and Angela split for several reasons, the main one being TJ had told her approx. a month before the split that he was tired of her always yelling and screaming at the kids and she had the tendency to pick up Kylee (4 yr old) roughly by the arm amongst other things. He gave her a month to change her attitude/actions, when she did not, he decided they were done. On top of that, TJ came home from work early one night (he works 3rd shift) and caught her on the couch with Steven.
Both girls are "daddy's girls", she may think IMO that if she can get Elaina away at this young age that she can change her feelings. Kylee did tell me yesterday that she slept with Elaina Sunday night on the floor.

First of all, thank you for clearing up some questions! I'm relieved to hear that you feel Elaine is somewhere hidden but safe.

But all the other things - OMG, that is just heart breaking. I don't know what to say, I'm so sorry for you, for TJ, and especially for the girls! :( It
s what we all suspected already.

I hope this all comes to an end very soon, and that afterwards both girls will get to stay with daddy full time.

To Ferret , have police or anyone else asked the 4 yr old if she knows anything? I don't know if she's able to or if she's very afraid or what her condition is. I'm so sad for your family. We're all praying with you for a great and miraculous outcome !

Yes, Childrens Services interviewed Kylee, but we have heard nothing more. I know when TJ left Kylee with me and took Terry Sr. back to get Elaina that first day, Kylee was crying when she got out of the car and ran to me. I asked her what was wrong, she said she's "scared of Steven" (the boyfriend). I picked her up and sat rocking her, and I told her it's going to be okay, she's never gonna have to see Steven again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett