GUILTY OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we all on the same page with the idea that the mother screaming from inside the house was a deliberate ACT and not a real attempt to stop the dad from getting the baby?

I'm not on board. I think it may be a matter of screaming "he won't let me have her back" if she had bruises, broken limb, black eye, was extremely ill, etc.

Sadly, I think we are. I keep waiting for a really wise poster to come along and make a strong argument against that theory but it isn't happening. I think she planned this out right down to the screaming episode.

I didn't see your post before I posted what I think may have happened. I'm not a wise poster. :floorlaugh:

Is it known yet how long the boyfriend was free before LE caught up to him ?

I'm not on board. I think it may be a matter of screaming "he won't let me have her back" if she had bruises, broken limb, black eye, was extremely ill, etc.

So, do you think she is hidden away? Angela's lack of emotional response makes me want to lean towards her knowing that the baby is safely (relatively anyway) hidden but I can't figure out how that could be the case.

I don't think she is smart enough to plan anything out. I think it was more chaotic than anything. I think she and her bf were flying by the seat of their pants.

Hey, good thinking. How far does dad's dad live? How long would that round trip take . Was the yelling about never seeing her kids again before or after dad went to get grandpa ?
I know there's a fresh time line right up ^^^ so I'll go answer my own question.

Grandpa is the one who HEARD her screaming.
So it was AFTER Grandpa arrived.

So, do you think she is hidden away? Angela's lack of emotional response makes me want to lean towards her knowing that the baby is safely (relatively anyway) hidden but I can't figure out how that could be the case.

I wish. :cry:

Are we all on the same page with the idea that the mother screaming from inside the house was a deliberate ACT and not a real attempt to stop the dad from getting the baby?

WOW ! I like your thinking. That never crossed my mind. In your ' alleged' scenario that is your OOOO , mom cried so loud that dad might hear and say Oh ok, keep her .. I don't want you to be sad, etc. and he left without the baby ?

This is what I was thinking as well Cheese, but let's look at it from the other angle. Surely she's smart enough to know that kidnapping or WORSE would land her in much more trouble than a bruise or a broken arm ? Right ?

This is what I was thinking as well Cheese, but let's look at it from the other angle. Surely she's smart enough to know that kidnapping or WORSE would land her in much more trouble than a bruise or a broken arm ? Right ?

Right because kidnapping/murder hasn't worked out at all for those responsible for:
Lisa... or Joshua... or Ayla... or Caylee... or Kyron... or Hailey... or Haleigh...

I think odds are better you get away with it if you dispose of the kid. That is just freaking SAD.

It should be "surely she had enough of a conscience to want her child to get medical care or a proper burial?"
It shouldn't be what you can get away with... or what will get you in the most trouble. :stormingmad:

I can't decide yet between deceased and hidden away. I tend toward the former, based on what and where LE is searching, that seems to me to be where they may be leaning.

Also because the baby wasn't seen all day into mid-afternoon. That could be hiding visible injuries. I can't think of any other reasonable explanation for keeping a baby in a room all day. Even if sick, you bring them out, you hold them and walk them to comfort them. If they're up to playing a bit on the floor, you let them. You try to distract them from their discomfort.

I suppose Elaina could have been squirreled away someplace the night before, or during the night, but I'm still keeping in mind that SK's mom thought she heard the baby crying at 9:30am Sunday. If that was Elaina, then something happened between 9:30am and 2:30pm.

There was something said in an article about some place Angela tried to stay but they didn't want Elaina there. I need to look that up again. But I'm thinking about Angela's situation. Homeless. SK's mom didn't want her there after Sunday. That other person didn't want Elaina there.

Too many kids to accomodate in her homeless state, too many kids to take care of. She was alternating between hysteria and no emotion at all on Sunday.

I don't know. Whatever happened, it's a bad situation for Elaina. Surely by now, if someone is keeping her, they would have come forward after seeing all the news and the police and FBI involvement.

I'm just thinking out loud. :)

:cow:

People don't think straight in those situations. You've got a baby with a big bruise or a broken arm or real sick and you should have taken them to the doctor, and dad's visit is impending, and you start to panic and do something stupid for self-preservation.

Why haven't the police brought out search and rescue dogs and cadaver dogs to look for the scent of the baby? Have they used Luminol in the house Angela and the baby stayed in, and also in the abandoned house they were checking? Does the King house have a basement and attic and have they been thoroughly checked? Has the river a few miles away been checked out? Could the baby have been sold or traded for drugs, or hidden because of evidence of child abuse on its body. Or because it was injured (or worse and I sure hope that's not the case), Why is the mom so calm about the baby being gone? I know everyone reacts differently in a crisis but I'd be frantic and begging people to hunt for the baby and begging whoever had her to bring her back if it were my baby. I'd be begging for the police to bring in search dogs and to put boats on the river and anything else I could think of that might help. I also don't understand why the 4 year old doesn't know something. If I were a 4 year old and my baby sister disappeared, I'd be afraid that I'd be next. I wonder if the mother told the 4 year old not to talk or told her some kind of lie. Did the trash at the King house have used baby diapers, were there empty bottles or sippy cups, empty baby food jars or signs the baby had been fed? What did the 4 year old say about their meals and if the baby ate with them? The police must have asked a lot of questions but they sure aren't telling us much. I just don't think that the baby was kidnapped or that she wandered off. Did she have shoes on? What was her medicine for and what were her "issues"? Why are the orange shorts at home that she was seen last wearing, and what other clothes of hers are missing. This reminds me of Baby Gabriel who was never found. And that other baby too where the mom of the missing baby killed herself after being on Nancy Grace and the baby was never found. And the toddler who disappeared in winter and was never found and Baby Lisa too, even the Celis girl and more. Where do they all go without a trace? Even Sabrina Eisenberg. How can these kids just disappear into thin air never to be found again. I hope Elaina will be the exception and will come home safe and healthy to the loving arms of her dad.

IIRC that other person who said NO to her staying there was Angela's own mother. I'm almost sure that is.

People don't think straight in those situations. You've got a baby with a big bruise or a broken arm or real sick and you should have taken them to the doctor, and dad's visit is impending, and you start to panic and do something stupid for self-preservation.

I do know someone who decked his 4 year old son once. The kid "mouthed off" and he smacked him, HARD.
It left a bruise on his head and divorced Dad was terrified he had hurt him and took him to the hospital.
Occasionally it happens... I was completely shocked that he took the boy to the hospital. But he did.

Where is everyone from here (WS) doing their excellent sleuthing/SAR/scanner/mapping/transcribing, etc?

And I wonder why there seems to be not much interest and not very much GLOBAL/NATIONAL news...JMO

Maybe, like me, they are SO SICK OF HEARING this s&*%t....I really do just come here for the victims. How many more can I follow, IDK...

There was something said in an article about some place Angela tried to stay but they didn't want Elaina there. I need to look that up again. But I'm thinking about Angela's situation. Homeless. SK's mom didn't want her there after Sunday. That other person didn't want Elaina there.
:cow:

I believe it was TJ that stated he separated from AS and she was living with SK & JK, then to her Mom's but Mom had no room for the kids...

I can't stop thinking about this little girls eyes. They are so dark...some medicines constrict/or dilate the pupils of the eyes. I thought I remembered the mom saying something about meds?? I feel like this little girls eyes tell a sad story and in IMO I wonder if someone was giving her something that put her to sleep. Just thinking out loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx