GUILTY OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The mention, upthread, of the baby possibly having a black eye and a bloody nose, really worries me. A baby that young can die from an injury like that because of internal bleeding.

Agreed. And Head injuries; concussion, brain swelling, etc.
(ETA: most of the time with a busted nose- a concussion goes along with it)

WTF... I am just beside myself with this :(

Yup, I thought the same thing about the Benadryl OD possibility. I believe that would require more than accidental double dosing though, as per another member's post in response to mine about the topic a couple of pages back.

Oral Thrush is just an oral yeast infection, btw, to anyone who's wondering. Kinda sounds gross that way but then that might just be my slightly immature side showing. (no offense, I mean my own son had it and he breastfed so you can guess that I got it too, I'm not trying to be rude or anything, I just think "yeast infection" and "gross" are commonly associated words... I'm not making this better... Foot In Mouth Syndrome strikes again.)
I hope your feet are clean so you don't give yourself oral thrush!

Today will be the day baby girl is found ! Come home Elaina !

I really wanted to wake up to this thread being hopping with new information and leads. Elaina needs to come home to her daddy now.

This is just too heartbreaking:

http://www.13abc.com/story/22540012/tpd-no-new-leads-in-search-for-elaina-steinfurth

"TPD says there were no extended search efforts on Saturday because they have no new leads to follow.

There were no more door-to-door or water search efforts on Saturday, though detective and officers were still patrolling the area in hopes of finding new leads."

"On Sunday, friends and family of the Steinfurths will meet near the former Eastside Central School on Leonard and Berry to organize search parties. They are asking that everyone who wishes to participate wear white T-shirts. "

More at the link.

Is "Maumee" pronounced anything like "Mommy"? I know, really strange question...

ETA: just searching for images of Elaina on google and found both of these back to back - are these both of her mom?

images

(source - http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-Fire/2013/06/07/Police-scour-river-for-toddler.html )
and

Angela-Steinfurth-mother-of-missing-toddler-waits.jpg

(caption on this one says it is her mom - source - http://www.toledoblade.com/gallery/...a-Steinfurth-continued-in-around-Maumee-River )

When asking for people to help make her comfortable, perhaps she was really asking for a place to sit, since perching on vehicle bumpers can't be that comfy. (her stance makes me uncomfortable - it's so defeatist looking. Like there's no hope. I'd be standing tall craning my neck to see what I could see, rather than averting my gaze from other people's eyes and staring at the ground, avoiding seeing ANYTHING intentionally... but maybe these pics don't really speak a thousand words.... maybe)

edit - found a caption for the first pic, yes that's also her mother. hmm.

That sounds more like fear/adrenalin than heroin to me.

:moo::moo:

I agree . From the first time I heard about him vomiting I thought adrenaline/shock/fear/panic and did not think drugs.

I agree . From the first time I heard about him vomiting I thought adrenaline/shock/fear/panic and did not think drugs.

Same here. I guess to explore another possibility it wouldn't hurt to think of this scenario - perhaps EVERYTHING they've all said is true, but there's something illegal in the house and perhaps he was scared of going to jail, since rehab (if it was court ordered, which maybe it wasn't) is usually a chance given by a judge once, and the next time it's jail.

If a baby was kidnapped OR if anything else happened to bring police into my home and I knew I had something illegal in my house and I knew I was in a zero-tolerance situation, I'd be puking from fear of going to jail.... everything else aside.

Just a thought - maybe his reaction is purely based on fear of police since he'd just beeing in and out of rehab, and who knows what his legal status was at the time. It could have nothing to do with Elaina.

ETA - then again if I had something on me and cops were coming and it was a zero-tolerance situation, maybe I'd just eat the "something" that I had on me to get rid of the evidence and maybe THAT would make me sick... a dumb teenager in my town ate a lit joint/blunt once, I heard, to avoid getting caught with it. Then he got sick from it. *shakes head*

So hey wait... ok, Angela and kids show up at Steven's parents house sometime Saturday (morning? afternoon? evening? late night? would LOVE to know this) and his mom begrudgingly lets them stay because the kids are cold and wet and have nowhere to go.

Then they spend Saturday night.

Then Sunday Elaina is "missing" when TJ comes to get her.

At what point did the child sustain this possible broken nose, black eye, and dried blood in her nostrils? Obviously she didn't look like that when she arrived Saturday or else Steven's mother would've called the cops straight out, as much as she dislikes Angela and considering she'd already kicked Angela out for being hard with the kids, including "hitting them in the face".

But by the time she disappeared Sunday, Angela (and only Angela, by the sounds of it) was aware that Elaina had these injuries. Of course she "forgot" to tell LE at first. But then at some point during the searches she "remembered" and let them know to expect to find Elaina battered, if she was found. (am I paraphrasing and recounting this all correctly, ladies and gentlemen?)

So... IF Steven's mother saw the child in good, but cold and wet, shape on Saturday...

and IF Angela saw her with a black eye and crusty bloody nostrils after that...

and IF she then went missing mysteriously while Angela, Steven, and Steven's mom were in the house Sunday...

WHEN DID THIS INJURY OCCUR IF NOT INSIDE STEVEN'S PARENTAL HOME BETWEEN SATURDAY AND SUNDAY?? Doesn't it take a little time for the black eye bruising to show? Doesn't it take a bit for the blood to crust?

I. Am. So. Confused.

*Confused may be interchangeably used, along with Angry, Sick, Disgusted, Frustrated, etc

We were also informed that the day after the first interview, she [Angela] was overheard saying "Oh! I forgot to tell the police that the baby looked like she had a black eye and broken nose, there was dried blood in her nose".

Bringing this quote forward so that it's clearer what I"m talking about in my last post.

So, Angela brought the girls over to Steven's parents house Saturday, cold and wet.

Angela found Elaina missing on Sunday.

Sometime in between those times she noticed "that the baby looked like she had a black eye and broken nose, there was dried blood in her nose".

We know that Elaina slept on the floor next to her four year old sister Saturday night into Sunday morning, based on Ferretmommy's post stating this was a fact:

Kylee did tell me yesterday that she slept with Elaina Sunday night on the floor.

Would the four year old have noticed the blood and bruising, if it had occurred BEFORE she was put down to sleep Saturday night into Sunday morning? FM said that the four year old got out of the car crying and said she was scared of Steven, just after she was picked up (alone, due to Elaina being "napping") and BEFORE Angela's crying fit inside the house, Steven's going out the back, and Elaina being subsequently "found missing".

I know when TJ left Kylee with me and took Terry Sr. back to get Elaina that first day, Kylee was crying when she got out of the car and ran to me. I asked her what was wrong, she said she's "scared of Steven" (the boyfriend). I picked her up and sat rocking her, and I told her it's going to be okay, she's never gonna have to see Steven again.

Might she have witnessed this whole thing happening?

just thinking out loud

Are we sure Angela was saying "i'll never be able to see HER again" or was she crying she'd never be able to see HIM again.... as in, Steven.

So hey wait... ok, Angela and kids show up at Steven's parents house sometime Saturday (morning? afternoon? evening? late night? would LOVE to know this) and his mom begrudgingly lets them stay because the kids are cold and wet and have nowhere to go.

Then they spend Saturday night.

Then Sunday Elaina is "missing" when TJ comes to get her.

At what point did the child sustain this possible broken nose, black eye, and dried blood in her nostrils? Obviously she didn't look like that when she arrived Saturday or else Steven's mother would've called the cops straight out, as much as she dislikes Angela and considering she'd already kicked Angela out for being hard with the kids, including "hitting them in the face".

But by the time she disappeared Sunday, Angela (and only Angela, by the sounds of it) was aware that Elaina had these injuries. Of course she "forgot" to tell LE at first. But then at some point during the searches she "remembered" and let them know to expect to find Elaina battered, if she was found. (am I paraphrasing and recounting this all correctly, ladies and gentlemen?)

So... IF Steven's mother saw the child in good, but cold and wet, shape on Saturday...

and IF Angela saw her with a black eye and crusty bloody nostrils after that...

and IF she then went missing mysteriously while Angela, Steven, and Steven's mom were in the house Sunday...

WHEN DID THIS INJURY OCCUR IF NOT INSIDE STEVEN'S PARENTAL HOME BETWEEN SATURDAY AND SUNDAY?? Doesn't it take a little time for the black eye bruising to show? Doesn't it take a bit for the blood to crust?

I. Am. So. Confused.

*Confused may be interchangeably used, along with Angry, Sick, Disgusted, Frustrated, etc

BBM - I don't think she's the one that LE know.

In post #564, Ferretmommy says:

...We were also informed that the day after the first interview, she was overheard saying "Oh! I forgot to tell the police that the baby looked like she had a black eye and broken nose, there was dried blood in her nose"...

Who was she saying it to?

In post #581 Ferretmommy says the comment was reported to police:

The comment was reported to LE.

This raises so many questions : 1. Who overheard her saying this comment and was it verified that she made this statement? 2. If verified, when exactly did the injuries occur and 3. HOW did they occur? 4. Did anyone else in the house see Elaina with 'fresh' injuries (dried blood seems to be a fresh injury to me)? 5. When was the LAST time someone saw Elaina without injuries?...or saw Elaina PERIOD?

I am STILL holding out hope that she is being hidden to keep anyone from questioning the injuries :please:

I think it's very interesting, and telling, that Angela chose the words "looked like" she had a black eye and broken nose". Like she's building her defense, or something. IDK I go back and forth between her being manipulative and stupid. Very strange and disturbing.

I think it's very interesting, and telling, that Angela chose the words "looked like" she had a black eye and broken nose". Like she's building her defense, or something. IDK I go back and forth between her being manipulative and stupid. Very strange and disturbing.

For the sake of easing your inner personal struggle, might I suggest you do as I have decided to do, and accept that it might very well be BOTH?

I can't un-convolute this mess right now, so I'll start mapwork instead.

http://goo.gl/maps/r2o3j

Any possible security cameras to be checked? I guess Save-A-Lot doesn't have one, or Nana's Barber & Beauty... ?

For the sake of easing your inner personal struggle, might I suggest you do as I have decided to do, and accept that it might very well be BOTH?

:floorlaugh: Good idea. I think I will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member