GUILTY OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I think she's just sleepy in this video. My daughter is around the same age and tends to hold onto me and lay like that in my arms when she's tired. I think it's hard to make too much out of the video. Aside from the fact that she's obviously at that house for some reason that has already been speculated on so i won't repeat it

I agree and she does not appear injured in this video

I've been following along with this case and just have a couple of points on things that I've noticed.

I believe AS's stepfather indicated that AS said that SK told her "if you say anything, you're next".

Next for what? To be dropped on her head? I think that line right there, that AS has taken from a bad gangster movie, indicates that she is aware that her daughter is deceased.

I believe in one of the press links it stated that the dogs were interested in the maroon van belonging to JK and the van was towed away by LE for forensics work. The van was missing for about 12 hours? "Mike" was missing for about 12hrs? Why haven't LE put out info regarding the van and asking the public if anyone saw it during the 12hr time frame to call in to the tip line? Ask businesses to check their surveillance anywhere within a 6hr driving distance radius of the house where she went missing from. I think it's important to find out where that van went, and whether it was parked anywhere unusual during that time frame also.

If someone who was in the house and then disappeared for a period of time (in a vehicle that LE dogs showed an interest in) at the same time Elaina "disappeared" and they cannot account for their every movement during those 12hrs, then it stands to reason that they may have at least been responsible for disposal. So that person is the key to finding the baby IMO. And yet LE are not putting out the name and the vehicle description to the public to ask for tips?

MOO

I've been following this case closely, and have been taking some notes. Some of them are just thoughts or impressions I've had from things key players have said. Others are just questions. So here goes:

Mike won, Mike one
I've seen a few speculations about what this statement by Elaina's four year old sister might mean. Here is MOO. If there were multiple "Mike's" that were known to the family, or coming and going in JK's house they could refer to this particular Mike as "Mike number one" or "Mike one." By saying it twice in a row like that, it sounds like the child is being emphatic.

Angela's father indicating that she is in jail for protection from some threat
In MOO Angela's father has made several statements that indicate he is in protective father mode. His position, while understandable and is likely a way for him to cope with the current predicament in which his daughter finds herself, is skewed by a parental bias that he is having trouble seeing past.

I find the more likely scenario to be, that he is attempting to justify why his family has been unable to get her out of jail. Instead of publicly saying they do not have the money to hire an attorney or post bail, he is making the excuse that she is in there for her own good (i.e. keep her safe, away from more poor decision making, to provide police with info on the case).

It is JMO but I don't think he has been able to wrap his head around Angela's culpability. So he is saying, she is staying in jail right now to protect her from SK.

Timeline
Thanks to those that are attempting to come up with an accurate timeline. In that timeline, to we have a clear picture as to when SK was found vomiting? Was it shortly after he went out the backdoor? Did he get dropped off by Mike and realized how dire the baby's condition was?

SK's past history of abusive behavior
I've heard some reference to Angela's past abusive behavior, although there is no record of this with either CPS or the police. I haven't heard of any of SK's exes coming forward or other indications that he has a pattern of domestic or child abuse.

Although, in MOO JK would say just about anything to put her son in a positive light, and discredit Angela, she is not the only one that has brought to light an escalating pattern of abusive behavior exhibited by Angela. I am surprised we haven't heard the same type of accusations directed toward SK.

This is all JMO and things I have been thinking about as we try and find Elaina.

I took the "Mike one" comment from the 4 year old speech as "Mike run." JMO.

It's pretty normal for any parent to go into protective mode with their child for many reasons, regardless of age or situation. We, as parents, just don't want to believe we raised a child who would make extremely bad decisions, especially those that would involve the health and welfare of their own children, or other children, or any other human being for that matter.

So there's a lot of mixed emotions going on from all sides, that's why all sides are saying in their minds to just bring the baby home safe and that they don't care who took her. That's bull because we all know they do care who took her and chances are that person or persons is going to pay, either legally or otherwise.

Some random thoughts>In no particular order.

1) IMO, AS wanted to stay at the SK's house because she could freely use drugs there, as opposed any other locations. That is pure speculation on my part, but makes sense to me.

2) JK says What alley, is this? In between Federal and Prentice?...so, this alley is where the nephew and SK went together to look for the baby, "up and down the alley"...I get the feeling the alley has something to do with it.

3) IIRC, SK's FB page was change dot in a relationship with AS towards the end of May. I want to say it was the 25th? Might have been 27th? Huh? I thought they had broken up. Confused, can someone set me straight on this.

4) Why is anyone still living at JK's house if it is unfit for living? It's my understanding people still live there, right?

Steven's Facebook (conveniently missing) did show a time stamp of Monday, May 27, 2013 (I have a screen capture!) that he and Angela were in a relationship. What's interesting about that, is Steven's mother stated in her interview that she kicked Angela out of her house the Monday before this all happened and that would have been the same Monday time stamped on her son's Facebook as his being in a relationship with Angela.

There's another short interview "blip" somewhere on a video (I can't find it) where his mother said her son broke up with Angela "a week before" Elaina disappeared. So he lied to her because that "week before" was him posting on his FB that he was in a relationship with Angela, not breaking up a relationship!!

I agree. I think she's just sleepy in this video. My daughter is around the same age and tends to hold onto me and lay like that in my arms when she's tired. I think it's hard to make too much out of the video. Aside from the fact that she's obviously at that house for some reason that has already been speculated on so i won't repeat it

The only thing that 3 minute video shows, IMO, is that the baby was alive on Saturday, June 1st, 2013 between 6:35:30pm and 6:38:24pm, and that Elaina was wearing pink clothing. :banghead:

I took the "Mike one" comment from the 4 year old speech as "Mike run." JMO.

It's pretty normal for any parent to go into protective mode with their child for many reasons, regardless of age or situation. We, as parents, just don't want to believe we raised a child who would make extremely bad decisions, especially those that would involve the health and welfare of their own children, or other children, or any other human being for that matter.

So there's a lot of mixed emotions going on from all sides, that's why all sides are saying in their minds to just bring the baby home safe and that they don't care who took her. That's bull because we all know they do care who took her and chances are that person or persons is going to pay, either legally or otherwise.

Was it determined or cleared up that it's " mike RUN'' and not " mike won" ? TIA That's really very interesting if so.

Some random thoughts>In no particular order.

1) IMO, AS wanted to stay at the SK's house because she could freely use drugs there, as opposed any other locations. That is pure speculation on my part, but makes sense to me.

2) JK says What alley, is this? In between Federal and Prentice?...so, this alley is where the nephew and SK went together to look for the baby, "up and down the alley"...I get the feeling the alley has something to do with it.

3) IIRC, SK's FB page was change dot in a relationship with AS towards the end of May. I want to say it was the 25th? Might have been 27th? Huh? I thought they had broken up. Confused, can someone set me straight on this.

4) Why is anyone still living at JK's house if it is unfit for living? It's my understanding people still live there, right?

acr-00776-AlizaSherman_zpsfbd4b94e.jpg

Looks like the garages and driveways for all the houses are accessed by the alley behind each of the houses. I don't know if that alley has a name or not.

Was it determined or cleared up that it's " mike RUN'' and not " mike won" ? TIA That's really very interesting if so.

No confirmation that I know of. It was just my opinion.

We'll have to wait until the Grandmother comes back here to hopefully answer that question on how clear the child's speech is between her "W's" and "R's."

The only thing that 3 minute video shows, IMO, is that the baby was alive on Saturday, June 1st, 2013 between 6:35:30pm and 6:38:24pm, and that Elaina was wearing pink clothing. :banghead:

Sorry trying to catch up but why isnt there a video showing the person(s) leaving with the baby?

I wonder where Mike was when SK was found throwing up at a neighbors. Was he with him? Or, had SK and Mike separated after their 'search up and down the alley'?

Sorry trying to catch up but why isnt there a video showing the person(s) leaving with the baby?

The video in question (at this unknown location) does show Angela leaving (the view of the camera) with baby Elaina in the stroller. That's all we see at the very end, and we don't see the 4 year old anywhere, just Angela and the baby.

No confirmation that I know of. It was just my opinion.

We'll have to wait until the Grandmother comes back here to hopefully answer that question on how clear the child's speech is between her "W's" and "R's."

But you know what ? It sounds so much more reasonable, doesn't it ? Thanks for thinking outside the box.

ok, ladies and gents, this is the timeline so far, and it's just going off of a few posts.. mostly ACR's transcriptions.. THANK YOU ACR! i'll be going thru the threads to add more to it.. but just wanted to get this going in case anyone else can think of anything to add to it. i still need to figure out when TJ first arrived to pick the princess up.

Elaina Timeline

Saturday, June 1st –
6:30p-7:00p - AS called JK to ask if her and the kids could spend the night. (1)
6:35p-6:38p – AS shown in anonymous video on porch, holding Elaina. Puts Elaina in stroller & walks away at 6:38pm. (5)
9:30p – Last time JK saw Elaina (2)

Sunday, June 2nd –
9:00a-9:00a – JK said she might have heard baby Elaina, but maybe not. Never saw her that morning. (1)
12:00p (noon) – JK says this was the last time SK saw Elaina. This is when AS was changing her diaper, gave her a cup, and put her down for a nap. (1)
2:30p (just before) – TS arrived at JK’s home to help pick up Elaina. (4)
3:30p (just before) – AS came out and told TS that the baby was missing. (4)

Monday, June 3rd –
2:30a – SK’s Red/Maroon van “showed up” in the alley (see more at link) (3)

(1): Transcription by ACR (interview with JK): Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - OH OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #2
(2): News report (thank you ACR): Missing 18-month-old girl update - YouTube
(3): Transcription by ACR (interview with Richard Schiewe, AS’s step-dad): Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - OH OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #2
(4): Transcription by ACR (TS interview on Nancy Grace): Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - OH OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #2
(5): Video of AS w/Elaina on anonymous person’s porch: http://www.examiner.com/video/video...na-and-mother-the-day-before-she-goes-missing

Just when I promise myself I wont get into a new case - here I am...

:sigh:

This one is just too close to home and work for me to let it go.

Where are you Elaina?

Many thank's to ACR and mamacita for starting the timeline! And many thank's to all those who transcribe the interviews! Is there anywhere that posts with timeline info. and transcriptions of the various interviews can also be posted somewhere for reference only so they don't get lost in the threads? Many thank's!

I don't want them in the river looking for her :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member