GUILTY OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for linking the pictures.
It just breaks my heart looking at that precious little girl.

Thank you. I also suffer from depression and anxiety and have been on different medications in the past. I have a different opinion/reaction than described above to situations (everyone is different though).

My child is autistic and, as is common with autistic children, he tends to wonder off unaware of danger of any kind. He's never been hurt wondering or gotten very far from me; but, I know in those few moments he was out of my view I went into total panic/hysteric mode. I can't reconcile her reaction based on my own reactions. It just boggles my mind.

It seems that AS has been at a lot of the search locations (my opinion I got from news reports and photos) before she was arrested. Has she had much contact or concern for Kylee since Elaina has gone missing?

My heart and mind keeps going back to Kylee and wondering how she is dealing with all of this. Kids know what is going on; and, they always listen to the adults and conversation around them even when we don't think they are. I have no doubt you and your family are taking extra good care of her during this time; but, my heart just aches for her and what she is probably struggling to try to understand right now. Please give her extra hugs and kisses for all of us here.

Her dad wanted TJ to let him & AS see Kylee at his house the following weekend after Elaina's disappearance, but TJ told him they'd talk about it later, as the news crews were there at the time. I don't know if they talked about it or not, but I don't believe she went over there.

Hi jashrema, Elaina's sister has said that she and Elaina slept together Saturday evening/Sunday night, so she couldn't be in any trash cans that were emptied Saturday evening. :seeya:

Actually, trash pickup is on Wednesdays.

Her dad wanted TJ to let him & AS see Kylee at his house the following weekend after Elaina's disappearance, but TJ told him they'd talk about it later, as the news crews were there at the time. I don't know if they talked about it or not, but I don't believe she went over there.

Thank you! I'm very relieved to hear Kylee is being kept safe.

Respectfully jumping off your post ...

Since we know the van was gone for 12 hours are there any searches being done outside of the neighborhood? :please:

I think on Saturday the Maumee River was searched, both sides, from Perrysburg to Lake Erie. I believe there was a search at the Lake Erie end of Ottawa River.

Don't forget... You can post a link to facebook providing it has to do with the case and say check out such and such on facebook.

You can not discuss anything posted on facebook here. It is all considered rumor and rumor is not allowed.

Thanks everyone.

Moonflowers, FM said in one of her posts that SK's father mentioned the dogs not barking that day if someone kidnapped the baby right out of the home. Idk if he was referring to dogs in his home or maybe the neighbor's dogs though.

How can you get a house full of dog feces if you don't have a dog? Surely you wouldn't let the neighbor's dog do that in your house. MH had a cruelty to companion animals charge the end of 2011. This is gonna bug me now.

How can you get a house full of dog feces if you don't have a dog? Surely you wouldn't let the neighbor's dog do that in your house. MH had a cruelty to companion animals charge the end of 2011. This is gonna bug me now.

I imagine that you are right and SK Sr was referring to the family's dog(s) but I don't remember FM clarifying (if she even knows for sure) and I didn't want to misquote her or inaccurately attribute info to her.

I personally think AS has no idea where the baby is. She was taken by SK and Mike and they could have said anything to her and i would bet my cookies that they didn't tell her where. She probably told them about the van but thats it. I don't think she can tell them more in terms of where. Which is why i wish it was SK locked up right now because he does know where he put her.

I think that too, Silky, and I don't understand why Angela isn't screaming at the top of her lungs "Find my baby! Make them tell you where she is!"

Well, hmm, maybe the dogs didn't bark because 1.) it was an inside job & no mystery kidnapper ever entered the house or 2.) the dogs were locked inside a filthy, feces-covered bathroom. Maybe both! I hope LE removed any animals from the home.
Thank God little K is safe with her dad. I wish we could say the same about Baby E. :(
Waterboard them all until someone talks. This is absurd. Doesn't anyone out there have a conscience? It's appalling.

I keep thinking about how the mom and her stepdad were the ones who found the diaper. I think there may really be a clue there, assuming the diaper was really Elaina's. I wonder if the cops know whether it is by now?

--I'd like to ask the stepdad whether she could have brought it herself and planted it, number one.

If not, then how coincidental is it that she knew where to go to find the diaper? I think the cops need to really press her on that (and I'm sure they did).

If that diaper is a real clue and she didn't break on the clue being a plant by SK and Mike, then I'm thinking the river may really be the location.

That's a lot of 'ifs', though. Still, I think there's something about the diaper story that may give clues to the real location.

Why did she find it? What does that mean?

I watched some of the videos again, and transcribed a few. On the one below, now that I hear Julie King said Angela called her about 6:30-7:00pm Saturday, June 1st, that would be around the same time Angela was at that house being taped on that video. She could have been on the phone talking to Steven's mother while she was sitting on that porch.

I wish the reporter would have asked what time Angela actually arrived at her house. If she didn't know she could have asked Steven what time they got there. Also, *IF* it's true that Steve Jr. saw the baby at 12:30pm on Sunday afternoon, then he's admitting that Elaina WAS in the house just a couple hours before the baby's father showed up.

http://www.toledonewsnow.com/story/...dler?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&cli pId=8961026&autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=8952743

Reporter: You let her stay at your house.

Julie King: Saturday night.

Reporter: Tell me about that.

Julie King: Umm, she had called about 6:30-7:00 umm, her and the kids didn't have a place to stay and asked if she could come back and spend the night, and you know, the kids were wet, and like I said they had no place to stay so I told her it was fine she could stay overnight to spend the night and then we'd have to figure something out again for Sunday because she wasn't going to stay at my house other than that day, that night, and a, like I said, I, I didn't see the baby, Elaina at all, Sunday, not at all cause she said she was in the bedroom sleeping. I thought I had heard her about 9-9:30 in the morning but I never saw the baby at all, not at all. So dad had came by to pick her up, they had taken the oldest, Kylee and she wasn't going to let her have Elaina and then we had talked her into it, she went into get her and supposedly the baby was gone.

Reporter: Your reaction was what, this was your home?

Julie King: I thought when she said she was "gone" I thought she meant that she wasn't going to get her kids back from the dad. I never thought in a million years that it was because the baby was gone, actually gone. So my son and I went right out the back door, we looked in the pool, we looked in the garage, then him and my nephew went down the alley, looking up and down the alley for her. A, I had, everywhere, I

Reporter: And your son hadn't seen her?

Julie King: He said he saw her about 12:30 or so when Angela had changed...

Reporter: Midnight or noon on Sunday?

Julie King: Noon on Sunday and she had, she changed the baby's diaper, the baby had given her a cup and laid her down for a nap. And I guess that was the last he had seen her.

Julie King: Angela was in the house the whole time that TJ and his father was here, when we were trying to talk her in letting her take the baby with her, with them, and she decided yes she would and she was in the house about 15 minutes or so and my son come got me and said the baby was missing, and that's...

Reporter: You gave up your home one night for them to stay and woke up to your worse nightmare.

Julie King: Worse nightmare. I never thought in a million years that this would happen at my home. I never thought in a million years. I believed everything she told me, I thought she didn't have a place to stay. Come to find out last night she did and for whatever reason she didn't want to say, so she lied to us. She lied to us.

Reporter: ??

Julie King: If anybody has any information, knows where she's at, anything, bring the baby home safe, that's all we want. In the end, it's just to bring the baby home safe.

==================================
ACR

This one is from a YouTube Video. ON this one they're saying that Julie King is saying that she saw Elaina Saturday night at 9:30pm

Missing 18-month-old girl update - YouTube

Reporter: One and half year old Elaina Steinfurth has been missing since Sunday afternoon.

TJ Steinfurth: It don't even seem real, I don't even know what to think right now

Reporter: Elaina's father, known as TJ says he came to pick up his two daughters from this East Toledo home Sunday but when a fight almost broke out between him and his ex-wife's boyfriend Steven, he only left with one child.

TJ Steinfurth: I left, took my oldest daughter to my father's house, had him come back so there was a middle party.

Reporter: After more arguing, he said the mother, Angela Steinfurth agreed to give him Elaina.

TJ Steinfurth: She went in the house, was in the house with Steven for twenty or twenty-five minutes.

Reporter: He said he could hear Angela crying, then everything got quiet.

TJ Steinfurth: Two minutes later she came running out the door saying the baby was missing.

Reporter: TJ immediately called 911 and the police were there within minutes questioning everyone involved.

TJ Steinfurth: They questioned Steven, they questioned my ex-wife, they questioned me, my dad.

Reporter: The home where Angela was staying belongs to her boyfriend's mother.

Julie King: Her and my son were dating for a few months.

Reporter: She said she kick Angela out last Monday because she was mistreating her children.

Julie King: Smack her in the face, just yank her up by her arms, just too rough.

Reporter: But allowed her to stay Saturday night because she had nowhere else to take her kids.

Julie King: They were cold and wet and wanted to know if she could come over and stay and I told her she could spend the night, you know, over night.

Reporter: She said the last time she saw Elaina about 9:30 Saturday night. TJ says he thinks Angela knows where their daughter is.

TJ Steinfurth: I think someone's hiding her. I think they just trying to keep her from me.

Reporter: Police returned Monday evening to close off the house. They said now they're going to treat it as a crime scene.

==================================
ACR

Another YouTube video. This one is AFTER Angela was arrested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=m5q_v8xQDxg

06-12-2013 Richard Schiewe Interview

Reporter: What happened?

Schiewe: I was told that the boyfriend dropped the baby and had serious physical injuries.

Reporter: Who told you that?

Schiewe: They don't know where they're at, the detectives.

Reporter: How come he hasn't been charged?

Schiewe: To my understanding they can't find him yet. They let him go and now they can't find him.

Reporter: So how come the dropped the baby didn't come up yet?

(Portion here that is not clear)

Schiewe: That's what she told me yesterday.

Reporter: You were talking about a red van, what's that all about?

Schiewe: That is Stevens, the boyfriend's van. The day the baby come up missing I couldn't, I looked for that red van. The police looked for it, they couldn't find it. Two thirty in the morning the next day the red van shows up in the alley with metal license plates on it "expired." The next morning the plates are off of it, with an expired 30 day tag on it. Now, when they towed it, it's got metal plates.

Reporter: That's the Maroon one from last night?

Schiewe: Yes.

Reporter: Why do you think now, why do you think now this is all happening? I mean it's been so many days since this all started?

Schiewe: I really don't know and I'm glad it did happen, I want my granddaughter back.

Reporter: Do you think she's still alive?

Schiewe: (Shakes his head no) No!

Schiewe: I want the boyfriend, the whole family, they should have kept the mother, the dad, the boyfriend, and my daughter down there until somebody told, somebody said something, that's what they should have done.

Reporter: What do you want to say to the boyfriend right now?

Schiewe: Turn your *advertiser censored* in before I get you! Cause i'm coming for you today.

Reporter: What changed that Angela decided to admit.

Schiewe: The detectives haven't told me, they wouldn't tell me.

Reporter: When did you find out about the baby being injured.

Schiewe: Last night after they arrested Angela.

Reporter: And you repeatedly talked to her to ask her if anything happened to the baby?

Schiewe: Yes, she's been living in my house too. She, all she kept saying it was Steven, Steven did it.

Reporter: What kept her from fully cooperating?

Schiewe: Steven threatening her. Steven threatening her, that's what she told me on the phone when she called me from the jail.

Reporter: From your understanding, what happen Sunday after the baby was dropped. What happened to her then?

Schiewe: From what I understand from everybody, Steven and this guy Mike who lives in the house ran out the back door when TJ's dad, the baby's dad's grandpa came over to keep the peace, they ran out the back door, got in that van and went somewhere.

Reporter: So you believe the baby was alive at that point?

Schiewe: I believe so.

Reporter: At what point did you believe you weren't going to find her alive?

Schiewe: When we found the diapers in the river.

Reporter: What do you think the significance of that is, the diapers in the river bank?

Schiewe: That's the last place they had her and they knew that somebody was getting close, I don't know. And they dumped her in the river or something, she was sick, they were too afraid to take her to the hospital or something, I don't know.

Reporter: Where do we go from here, what's the next step?

Schiewe: To find the baby.

Reporter: What are you going to do here on out, keep looking?

Schiewe: Yep, well right now, today, I'm going to get the boyfriend, he's going to talk. He won't come in, they can't find him, I'll find him. Then, he'll talk then.

Reporter: Thank you

Schiewe: Thank you

Reporter: Is there anything you want to add?

Schiewe: No, just keep praying that my baby is alive.

Reporter: What can the community do to help you right now.

Schiewe: Just keep searching, just keep searching, and quit making the threats on the telephone and stuff. That's nonsense, you know, 23 year old people playing kid games.

Reporter: They're getting threats on the phone?

Schiewe: Yeah, they, well on that Channel 11 Facebook, you know, that's what it's on, you know, people driving by my house and stuff, you know, it's got to stop, you know. We want the guilty people, we don't want the innocent people to get hurt. My daughter made a big mistake so she's got to pay the consequences, you know, there's nothing I can do to change that, nobody can, you know.

Reporter: What went through your mind when you started to walk out just a few minutes ago in court. What were you thinking

Schiewe: I'm just numb, I don't know what to think. I just want her home. I want to wake up and this be over with. That's all.

===========================
ACR

And here is what Grandfather Terry said on Nancy Grace.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1306/12/ng.01.html

(SNIP)

GRACE: I`ve got to figure out which bedroom it is. There`s the bedroom. Keep it right there. Let me see the front door.

acr-00971-ElainaSteinfurth_zpsca274e05.jpg

Let me go out to the grandfather. This is Terry Steinfurth, Sr. They called him in. Like most of us would get hold of our father to come straighten everything out. So they bring in Terry Steinfurth, Sr. Let me see the floor plan again, please, Liz.

Mr. Steinfurth, first question. Where is the bedroom where baby Elaina is supposed to be? Is it near the front door?

TERRY STEINFURTH, MISSING CHILD`S GRANDFATHER (via telephone): If you go in the front door of the house, you make a sharp left, and the door to the bedroom is right there.

GRACE: OK, let me see the picture one more time, Liz. Everybody, Liz is working 15 machines at once. She`s trying to get the picture up so I can look at it.

So what I`m getting at -- no, I want to see the actual picture of the home, Liz. What I`m getting at, Mr. Steinfurth -- and thank you for being with us.

STEINFURTH: You`re welcome.

GRACE: What I`m getting at is, how could -- again, I want to see the picture of the home, not the floor plan. How could somebody get into that window and get the baby out with no one noticing it? And when we see the home, I think the viewers will understand what I`m saying. I mean, it`s about -- leave it on the picture, Liz!

It`s about, I would say, 10 or 12 feet up off the ground, that window. And there`s a front porch. People are sitting on the front porch. So how could somebody get in that window, Mr. Steinfurth, and take the baby?

STEINFURTH: They couldn`t. There`s no way anybody walked past me to go through that window.

GRACE: Terry, if I may call you that, sir -- with me is Elaina`s paternal grandfather. He wanted to see the grandchild before he had surgery the next day. The son, the bio dad -- they were married when they had the baby. This is the child`s legitimate father. Later, they separated. The baby`s dad goes over to get the baby. Mom won`t give her up. He brings in the grandfather.

All right, Grandfather, Terry Steinfurth, tell me what happened when you got there.

STEINFURTH: When I first arrived to the house, the boyfriend`s mom and dad were sitting on the porch. I asked them if I could see Angela. I wanted to see my granddaughter. The boyfriend comes down the porch, not off of it. We had a slight confrontation. The mother sent him into the house. I talked with the mother and father. They yelled in...

GRACE: What did they say.

STEINFURTH: ... for Angela to come out. She wouldn`t come out. The boyfriend`s mother went into the house. Angela and her did come out, back out. The mother and I -- Angela and I argued that she wasn`t going to give me the baby because my son wouldn`t let her have her back if she did.

After a short period of time, she agreed to give her to me. She went back into the house. I was seated on the porch with the boyfriend`s mother and father. My son`s wife never came back out.

The boyfriend`s mother went in to get her, to find out what was taking her so long, as they said, to pick up a sleeping baby and carry her out to me. She went in the house. The father and I are out on the porch. I hear what I thought was the baby crying at first. I figured she had woke her up. And then I realized it was Angela crying and screaming that she was not going to give me the baby because if she did, she`d never see it again.

Fifteen, twenty minutes later, she come out of the house saying the baby was gone. And I don`t see how the baby could go out without somebody seeing them carry it out.

(SNIP)

===============================
ACR

Some more from Grandpa Terry on Nancy Grace

transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1306/12/ng.01.html

(SNIP)

We are taking your calls. Diane in Florida. Hi, Diane. What`s your question?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Hello?

GRACE: I think I`ve got Diane. What`s your question, dear?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Who was inside the home at the time when the baby vanished?

GRACE: Excellent question. To the paternal grandfather, who is here answering your questions tonight, Terry Steinfurth, Sr. Who all was in the home?

STEINFURTH: The adults that I know that were at the house were Steven, my son`s wife, Steven`s father and Steven`s mother, and there was a baby in a carrier on the porch with them, and there was a young infant child sleeping on the couch when I went into the house.

GRACE: So you`ve got the mom, Angela Steinfurth. You`ve got her boyfriend, Steven King, his mom, who owns the home, July King, a couple of other adults and another younger child and a baby in a carrier, is that right?

STEINFURTH: Correct.

(SNIP)

GRACE: It doesn`t make sense to me. Terry Steinfurth Sr., the girl`s grandfather, went to the house immediately to try to get his granddaughter, baby Elaina, out of the home. Terry, if you don`t mind, could you go through with me exactly what happened when you got there and where did the mom say the baby had been? I thought the baby was napping in the front bedroom.

STEINFURTH, SR.: The mother was in the house when I fist got there. After we got the mother to come out, she argued with me, she wasn`t going to let me have the baby. She claimed the baby was in the house sleeping. After the argument, she decided to let me have her. She went back into the house to supposedly bring her out, and she never brought her back out. And 20 minutes later she came out saying the baby was gone. And I don`t see how the baby could just -- the baby couldn`t just walk out of the house. Somebody had to see the baby --

GRACE: When you confronted her with that, Terry, what did she say?

STEINFURTH SR.: While he was outside with me she was saying she wouldn`t let me have the child because my son would not let her have her back if he took her.

GRACE: Hasn`t your son had visitation with the baby before?

STEINFURTH SR.: The two - his two children were living with him. She had had them for that weekend because both my son and his girlfriend work third shift.

GRACE: OK.

STEINFURTH SR.: So she had them while they were working third shift.

GRACE: Well, I`m less concerned -- I`m speaking to Elaina`s grandfather. I`m less concerned about their custody problems as I am about what she said about where did the baby go.

STEINFURTH SR.: She told me she has no idea. She said somebody came in the house and took her baby.

GRACE: OK. And this happened at what time of the day, Terry?

STEINFURTH SR.: I arrived at their house shortly before 2:30. She came out and told me the baby was missing just shortly before 3:30. So my calculations, it`s supposedly happened, according to her, between 2:30 and 3:30.

(SNIP)
=================================
ACR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads