GUILTY OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was gonna ask the same. - ETA: ok, just saw above post by momrids.

And what does a chaplain do when he's called to ... where was he called to?

It sounds like the Chaplain visited the K9 team- probably to see if the dog hit or not. He is being pro-active, imo.
(being extremely careful about how I word this)

TThat might work in isolation but with the multiple searches of the van, towing it, the arrest of AS, i suspect its worse than that. T,here are enough deaths in a city to keep a chaplain busy, i doubt toledo just calls him bc a family member broke down

I hope you're wrong.

It sounds like the Chaplain visited the K9 team- probably to see if the dog hit or not. He is being pro-active, imo.

Pro-active, I hadn't thought of that. I was thinking that these members of LE have been searching (even when not actively searching, I'm sure they were still working this case) & that if they had found her, the chaplain couldv'e been called in to speak with them and then maybe heading to see members of the family?

ETA I still haven't seen anything on the news sites or FB

My Hubby is a county Sheriff's Deputy, he says you call a chaplain for death notifications, and when there is a traumatic situation.

That mother had a very flat affect..not an emotional wreck you would ecpect to see!!!

Pro-active, I hadn't thought of that. I was thinking that these members of LE have been searching (even when not actively searching, I'm sure they were still working this case) & that if they had found her, the chaplain couldv'e been called in to speak with them and then maybe heading to see members of the family?

ETA I still haven't seen anything on the news sites or FB

Family should be told first of anything...such as our verified family members here on WS, by a Chaplain/LE

I have never heard of a police chaplain visiting to see if they got a hit or not, they could use their cell phones. Also calling him out at night would be unusual ffor such an iffy reason. I mean lets say they got a hit, it doesn't necessarily mean there is a body or anything for him to talk to the family about..unless Toledo's police budget is far bigger than i imagine, it was a specific concrete reason.

It could be to talk to dad about AS arrest but even that doesn't make sense

It could be pretty traumatic having cadaver dogs in your house, due to a missing baby.

I have never heard of a police chaplain visiting to see if they got a hit or not, they could use their cell phones. Also calling him out at night would be unusual ffor such an iffy reason. I mean lets say they got a hit, it doesn't necessarily mean there is a body or anything for him to talk to the family about..unless Toledo's police budget is far bigger than i imagine, it was a specific concrete reason.

It could be to talk to dad about AS arrest but even that doesn't make sense

Our LE Chaplain tries to be available not only to family members, but also to LE officers when they are dealing with a traumatic situation.

And "traumatic situation" in this case means .... ??

Wonder if the chaplain went to see TJ, his father and our Ferretmom?

Just checked the county site again & don't see SK's name or photo

Aside from the chaplain questions. Let us pray and hope we still have chance to find this baby. I am not ready to give up. The first road block is out of the way and until I hear otherwise my heart thoughts and oh so many prayers are with Elaina. Not ready to give up.

That is my big fear because it makes the most sense to explain the chaplain and arrest

I just keep praying that if they had found Elaina deceased the mother's charges would be greater.

That is my big fear because it makes the most sense to explain the chaplain and arrest

Right? What other reason would there be for a chaplain to be called out?
I can't think of any, but I admit I get single-minded at times. I wish I could think of a good reason, but I can't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3