GUILTY OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we thinking they found a body in the van? Because didn't they say they brought the dogs in there repeatedly? I just feel it would be obvious if the baby was inside, without needing to bring the dogs repeatedly. It reads more like the dogs confirmed something bad happened in the van or a body had been there earlier.

Ohio statute on Endangering Children. This is just part of it. More at the link.

2919.22 Endangering children.
(A) No person, who is the parent, guardian, custodian, person having custody or control, or person in loco parentis of a child under eighteen years of age or a mentally or physically handicapped child under twenty-one years of age, shall create a substantial risk to the health or safety of the child, by violating a duty of care, protection, or support. It is not a violation of a duty of care, protection, or support under this division when the parent, guardian, custodian, or person having custody or control of a child treats the physical or mental illness or defect of the child by spiritual means through prayer alone, in accordance with the tenets of a recognized religious body.

(B) No person shall do any of the following to a child under eighteen years of age or a mentally or physically handicapped child under twenty-one years of age:

(1) Abuse the child;

(2) Torture or cruelly abuse the child;

(3) Administer corporal punishment or other physical disciplinary measure, or physically restrain the child in a cruel manner or for a prolonged period, which punishment, discipline, or restraint is excessive under the circumstances and creates a substantial risk of serious physical harm to the child;

(4) Repeatedly administer unwarranted disciplinary measures to the child, when there is a substantial risk that such conduct, if continued, will seriously impair or *advertiser censored* the child's mental health or development;

(5) Entice, coerce, permit, encourage, compel, hire, employ, use, or allow the child to act, model, or in any other way participate in, or be photographed for, the production, presentation, dissemination, or advertisement of any material or performance that the offender knows or reasonably should know is obscene, is sexually oriented matter, or is nudity-oriented matter;

(6) Allow the child to be on the same parcel of real property and within one hundred feet of, or, in the case of more than one housing unit on the same parcel of real property, in the same housing unit and within one hundred feet of, any act in violation of section 2925.04 or 2925.041 of the Revised Code when the person knows that the act is occurring, whether or not any person is prosecuted for or convicted of the violation of section 2925.04 or 2925.041 of the Revised Code that is the basis of the violation of this division.

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2919.22

That mother had a very flat affect..not an emotional wreck you would ecpect to see!!!

SERIOUSLY! I was a basket case when I came downstairs from grabbing a basket of laundry and my preschooler wasn't on the couch where I left her. I called her name and nothing. I instantly started sweating, dropped the basket and started searching. I was in tears like a total idiot within 20 seconds I'd say... and she was hiding under the table. The entire world would see me ugly crying on their TV's because they wouldn't be able to keep me away from the media, and I'd telling everyone that my baby was missing.

I remember hearing in an article early on that the mother of the boyfriend said Angela asked if she and the girls could sleep there that night, but that she doesn't recall seeing Elaina Sunday. Does that ring any bells for anyone? I wonder if someone killed the baby in the middle of the night Saturday/early Sunday morning and then disposed of her before the lady woke up? I don't know.

Not finding anything at all on twitter. How did all those reporters miss this? :facepalm:

I did find her, but not SK. Of course, there is the chance that he isn't involved at all

I keep going back to that first night she called wanting to spend the night there. Why were she and the children wet and cold? What had gone on that night? Did anyone ever really see Elaina that night and the next day?

I just keep praying that if they had found Elaina deceased the mother's charges would be greater.

The charges won't be greater until they investigate and determine a cause of death. That's saying if they did find the baby.

Many, many things could be happening here. AM may have decided she wanted to tell the Chaplain what happened and that is why the Chaplain was there. LE may have found evidence in the van that indicated AM had endangered Elaina in some way. And of course, the worst of the worst, LE may have found evidence of a greater crime. :(

I'm still hoping that Elaina comes home safe and letting my heart lead my head for now.

Salem

surely one in the house, especially the 4 yr old would have said something about when she hadn't seen her. or if asked if she saw her the day before been able to say yes or no

I did find her, but not SK. Of course, there is the chance that he isn't involved at all

Why do you think there is a chance he is not involved? Didn't he go out the back door when Elaina's dad came to get her and this whole case broke open?

Was he not staying at the house with AM and the girls?

I'm a little behind on the media reports, so I'm curious. I was under the impression that he was right in the middle of it all.

Salem

http://www.toledonewsnow.com/story/22481101/day-5-still-no-sign-of-missing-toddler

"According to Julie, Angela called Saturday evening, asking if she and the girls could stay at Julie's for the night. Julie tells WTOL 11, Angela claimed they had no place else to go.

"I believed everything she told me, I thought she didn't have a place to stay," Julie said. "She lied to us."

Julie says she allowed them to stay the night, but says she didn't see baby Elaina all day Sunday."

Baby Elaina "disappeared" in the middle of the night I'd say. I wonder where AS told Julie the baby was that morning? I'd imagine the fact that she wasn't around was pretty obvious, and I wonder what the excuse was.

Why do you think there is a chance he is not involved? Didn't he go out the back door when Elaina's dad came to get her and this whole case broke open?

Was he not staying at the house with AM and the girls?

I'm a little behind on the media reports, so I'm curious. I was under the impression that he was right in the middle of it all.

Salem

Not who you asked but SK & AS broke up over a week ago- supposedly, over how AS treated the girls. ( in MSM link- really!)

Does the boyfriend live with his mother (which is where Elaina disappeared from, correct), and that is why he was at her house that day? Or was he there because AS was there/was with her?

I get the impression that the mom showed up late at night after calling to see if she could stay the night because they had nowhere to go... I wonder if she showed up w/ both kids or just one. I am getting the feeling that her yelling and screaming in the house about not wanting to give the baby to the father was because they were telling her to go get the baby and bring her out, and she was buying time to think of a plan. Maybe they never saw her and thought she was in that bedroom?

I think this is a preliminary charge against her so she doesn't run. And can still rat out others involved. They are giving her a chance to tell the truth. But the real question is where is Elaina??? I could give two cents about the mom, where is and who has Elaina?? Maybe there will be a little pressure now.

I see now you said SK not AS. Been up 19 hours, misread. Sorry.

No problem. After reading your post, I actually had to go back & read my post to make sure I had typed the correct initials...my head is kind of spinning right now.

I don't know why there aren't any reports yet. I would think they would've had time to post something by now

The reason I think that SK might not have anything to do with it is because AM & SK broke up a week before, and I'm not sure that anyone (SK or his family) actually did see Elaina Saturday when they came over to stay the night (I'll have to go back to check links).

Also, JK said in interviews that when AM called to ask about them staying the night, she said that AM lied about not having anywhere else to stay. How does she know she lied? I know in the grand scheme of things this probably isn't important, but that has just bugged me from the beginning.

ETA NG show is on again if anyone missed it earlier like I did. I don't think they have new info but will be interesting to watch

Does the boyfriend live with his mother (which is where Elaina disappeared from, correct), and that is why he was at her house that day? Or was he there because AS was there/was with her?

I get the impression that the mom showed up late at night after calling to see if she could stay the night because they had nowhere to go... I wonder if she showed up w/ both kids or just one. I am getting the feeling that her yelling and screaming in the house about not wanting to give the baby to the father was because they were telling her to go get the baby and bring her out, and she was buying time to think of a plan. Maybe they never saw her and thought she was in that bedroom?

If SK had just dumped her, maybe her plan was to frame him for the murder of her daughter. That would be revenge on her husband AND her boyfriend.

Then again, SK would know if Elaina had been there at all that day if he really ran out the back door.

Did anyone SEE him run out the back door, or do we just have AS's word on that?

Not who you asked but SK & AS broke up over a week ago- supposedly, over how AS treated the girls. ( in MSM link- really!)

Okay - thank you! I missed that. I haven't had time to keep up with everybody and all the media reports.

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members