GUILTY OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FBI and Toledo Police Department authorities searched multiple homes today in the 600 block of Federal Street for a missing 18-month girl before suspending the search about four hours later.

The search for Elaina Steinfurth at 660 Federal St. -- just blocks from where she went missing June 2 -- started at about 5 p.m. Most investigators left the scene by 9 p.m. Three other residences alongside that home were also searched.

Authorities did not comment on the search, which included a cadaver dog brought in from Geauga County Sheriff's Office, and a visit from the TPD chaplain. The dog searched a GMC Safari van parked on the street multiple times, before the van was towed away by authorities.

http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-F...ederal-Street-home-for-Elaina-Steinfurth.html

Oh God, no... :please: :please: :please:

I live in Toledo and this is my first post here. I find it interesting that this house in question had not been searched by officials until after the reward was announced. Being close (in area only, I do not know any of the family involved) there are a lot of rumors circulating. I believe part of this investigation will come to a head tomorrow. I am a new member here and do not want to go against the with any speculations, but money makes people talk and I think things will be moving forward soon. The coverage on Nancy Grace will help. I normally do not get involved in these cases, but it is so close to home and this child has touched my heart I feel the need to speak about it. I believe the ties binding the lies in this case will quickly unravel. I pray and pray Elaina will be with those that love her soon.

bjt72 - :welcome: ! I think your post is all probably true/accurate/correct.

Welcome to Websleuths bjt72!

:welcome4:

Welcome to all of our new members! Good to have you with us.

:welcome3:

Thank you for joining and sharing bjt72 !

FBI and Toledo Police Department authorities searched multiple homes today in the 600 block of Federal Street for a missing 18-month girl before suspending the search about four hours later.

The search for Elaina Steinfurth at 660 Federal St. -- just blocks from where she went missing June 2 -- started at about 5 p.m. Most investigators left the scene by 9 p.m. Three other residences alongside that home were also searched.

Authorities did not comment on the search, which included a cadaver dog brought in from Geauga County Sheriff's Office, and a visit from the TPD chaplain. The dog searched a GMC Safari van parked on the street multiple times, before the van was towed away by authorities.

http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-F...ederal-Street-home-for-Elaina-Steinfurth.html

I really hope that the bf didn't put her in that van thinking she'd be safe. And dad would leave and then they'd get her out safely...but dad didn't leave, cops came and all h@!! broke loose....and she died of heat exhaustion in the van. I really hope that's not what happened just to hide any bruises Elaina may have had.

Why does LE continue to wait ten days on the average, in these cases, before bringing in dogs? Same with Lisa, same with Dylan and others.

Im hearing that As is now in custody. Can't verify yet. My heart is breaking and fear for Elaina growing.

So sad that it takes money for this beautiful baby to be found.

When I read that they towed the van, I was really worried, but now they're saying a chaplain has been called? :sad:

I can't believe I was surprised when they said that certain people did not return Nancy G's calls, but I was...surprised and very saddened.

I keep a search page open when I'm on here and find myself refreshing it every few minutes hoping for good news. I think we're going to get news, but not the good news that we've all been hoping for.

I can't go to sleep like this. I have to know. This is terrible. ugh almost midnight here too. Is there a website for the jail that shows bookings or something, or is that rumor at this point? edit, just saw you can't 'verify... well maybe there is an online booking page.. but my brain can't sleuth it right now, maybe someone else will. Or, wait, she's not an official suspect so I dunno what to do here. I guess we have to wait and see.

Well.. (and you're welcome for the updates!) I guess I'm going to try to sleep now but I do not even want to think about morning. I'm already wondering if the thread will at least still be linked in here in the morning so I can click on the title before being transported into the located forum to read the last few posts that will be there, or if it'll be so long from her being found to the time I wake that the whole thread will be gone into the located forum and I'll miss it completely (since I never go there unless following links from here)...

I just know that she'll be found tonight if she hasn't been already, and it's not gonna be how I wanted. *sigh*

ETA ,thanks Count !

:welcome: TheCount and Geneva!

I don't think you can look up bookings in Toledo. You can look up arraignments/court docket though, which probably wont be posted until tomorrow, as I said this is only hearsay right now. Still need to verify. I want to belive Elaina is still out there, there is talk. But this change of events is disheartening, I want to believe she still has a chance. I want this report to be false. As I said earlier this is not something I normally get involved with but I think I have cried more for this child than her mother has. My opinion.

If your baby is missing, how do you not return calls to any kind of TV show willing to provide exposure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth