GUILTY OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You should contact Toledo police with that news, they can stop looking and family can stop hoping because you KNOW Elaina is dead. Knowing that family reads here, I think kindness would be a better thing to offer. And I am sure that someone is keeping an accounting of the money; not that it is anyone else's business.

I must say when I read it I thought there was bad news that I had overlooked. And I won't deny that when I realized it was an opinion it kind of upset me that someone would write something like that not knowing the whole truth. I had to read everyones post up to the point I hadn't seen trying to make sure they hadn't found Elaina to make sure what I was reading wasn't just an opinion.
Not to mention, I'm pretty sure they aren't getting rich off of this. They may not be getting anything for all we know.

I agree I think the fund raising should stop, she is dead, very sad but I am afraid that is the truth. Where is this fund raising money going? Or shall I say who is taking care of it.

WTF? TJ is entitled to search for his baby until the end of time and if the community wants to support him they should be allowed to! I hope you never find yourself in his position and some cruel, simpleminded person repeats your words back...

ETA: FM & CC, I am so sorry that you had to read a comment like that. Idk what in the world would possess one to say such a thing but you should not have had to read it here, of all places. I hope you know that so many of us here love and support your entire family. You are ours just as Elaina is ours and we will fight with you for as long as it takes.

Word Vasports !

Thanks. Every time I return to this thread and see that I get angry. It takes a cruel, entitled mind to say "The baby is dead so give it up and stop with the fundraisers while you are at it. Btw, where did the $, that I may or may not have donated, go?"

I cannot imagine the financial burden on this family. I don't even know if TJ is back at work today and if he is and if he NEVER goes back to work, I can't say as I blame him. He's having to drive to court proceedings, drive down to the river , down the PD office how many times in 50+ days?
People of greater means may not be able to understand it as well. But when daily life is a financial struggle, this is a catastrophe!
And when bigger named search crews like TES say sorry they cannot come out because of finances and your baby is gone, vanished, disappeared from planet earth and no one can look because of $$ ........ fundraising is the only way it can get done.

ETA , I think if everyone imagined ZERO INCOME for one month and then look around at your financial status in NORMAL conditions ( rent , power, food, etc ) you would see , it would be hard for most.

I cannot imagine the financial burden on this family. I don't even know if TJ is back at work today and if he is and if he NEVER goes back to work, I can't say as I blame him. He's having to drive to court proceedings, drive down to the river , down the PD office how many times in 50+ days?
People of greater means may not be able to understand it as well. But when daily life is a financial struggle, this is a catastrophe!
And when bigger named search crews like TES say sorry they cannot come out because of finances and your baby is gone, vanished, disappeared from planet earth and no one can look because of $$ ........ fundraising is the only way it can get done.

ETA , I think if everyone imagined ZERO INCOME for one month and then look around at your financial status in NORMAL conditions ( rent , power, food, etc ) you would see , it would be hard for most.

It really isn't fair that the innocent victims are left to bear so much of the burden in these situations. Given TJ's employment he probably wasn't rolling in cash to begin with (no disrespect intended) so I can only imagine what the time off work alone has done to any savings he had amassed. The financial burden would have to be catastrophic for all but the wealthiest and that needs to be changed. I'm glad that the community has came together to help the family but we really need a better system to meet the needs of crime victims so they aren't further harmed.

The fundraisers must truly be a blessing.
I could not even imagine going back to work.......poor T.J :( Thank goodness he has K and family to keep him going. The prayer vigils are hopefully a comfort too.

Puts my stomach in knots that AS went to a new job the next day or day after Elaina was first missing, and that RS drove her....I really have a hard time comprehending this. Hundreds are searching and she is at work!

ELAINA+STEINFURTH+1.jpg

Good morning beautiful girl! Don't worry sweetheart, we're still looking for you, this game of hide and seek will not end until we find you! Hang tight, not much longer now!

Didn't I read that LE said the family can bring in their own folks to search? That usually takes $$$. Fundraising is a must! :moo:

It would be nice if AS and/or SK would just confess, but there is no way to compel that. You can't even force someone to take a polygraph. That's just not the way our country does things. :moo:

Didn't I read that LE said the family can bring in their own folks to search? That usually takes $$$. Fundraising is a must! :moo:

It would be nice if AS and/or SK would just confess, but there is no way to compel that. You can't even force someone to take a polygraph. That's just not the way our country does things. :moo:

Exactly.....

It would be nice if someone spoke up, cleared their conscience.
I believe it was said that they both took polys at the beginning but LE will not say what results were. I bet I can guess what they were though.

Gosh, where are the DNA results on the hair?????? UGH :scared:

http://www.toledonewsnow.com/story/22938355/elainas-family-asking-people-to-not-forget

The family of missing 1-year-old Elaina Steinfurth are asking the public to not forget about their little girl.
MORE
SLIDESHOW: Missing 1-year-old Elaina Steinfurth
Elaina Steinfurth, 1, has been missing from east Toledo since Sunday, June 2.
More >>

"Crowds of people that once camped out at the house where Elaina was last seen are now gone. They are asking people to not give up, and to keep helping them search for baby Elaina. Saturday night the family will be holding a prayer vigil for Elaina.

The Toledo Police Department says they are expecting DNA results to see if missing hair found by a fisherman weeks ago in the Maumee River is that of missing 1-year-old Elaina Steinfurth sometime soon.

Police are asking people to be patient. They say they are purposely working slowly to make sure everything is done right."

ETA: I hope soon means today!

Praying for Elaina to be found today.

Idk if we can pull photos over from FB but I love the big, pink "Bring Elaina Home" banner (maybe FM or CC has a pic of it they would share)! The determination and commitment shown by the Steinfurth family and the community is nothing short of amazing. It has to be so hard to keep planning vigils, marches and searches but they haven't faltered in their resolve to bring Elaina home. I hope that their efforts will not be in vain and that the guilt will soon eat at those with answers forcing them to talk.

You are so loved sweet girl and each passing day gets us one day closer to you!

Here is the large banner. FM may have a better pic, but people who shouldn't be shown here are standing nearby in all the others I have.

Attachments

• S5004812.jpg
    S5004812.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 43
I am not giving up hope and still praying for Elaine. She is somewhere waiting for someone to find her!

!!FIND ELAINA!!

Exactly.....

It would be nice if someone spoke up, cleared their conscience.
I believe it was said that they both took polys at the beginning but LE will not say what results were. I bet I can guess what they were though.

Gosh, where are the DNA results on the hair?????? UGH :scared:

I've been watching this case for a long time but I don't have very much useful to add.

Unfortunately, as much as people keep talking about AS or SK confessing, or that LE will 'crack' them, I really don't think that's going to happen. They have no incentive to confess, especially if she is dead. They have every reason in the world not to. Obstruction of justice charges, I assume, will be nothing like a murder charge in terms of sentencing. And I assume their attorneys are telling them the same thing.

I don't things are going to change unless she is found. :(

Here is the large banner. FM may have a better pic, but people who shouldn't be shown here are standing nearby in all the others I have.

I love that banner and I hope there will come a day, in the midst of teenage angst, when Elaina will be able to look back at it with equal parts pride and embarrassment.

If/when whoever is responsible comes to justice, they should be liable to pay back any amount of money from the fundraisers whilst they kept quiet. JMO

I've been watching this case for a long time but I don't have very much useful to add.

Unfortunately, as much as people keep talking about AS or SK confessing, or that LE will 'crack' them, I really don't think that's going to happen. They have no incentive to confess, especially if she is dead. They have every reason in the world not to. Obstruction of justice charges, I assume, will be nothing like a murder charge in terms of sentencing. And I assume their attorneys are telling them the same thing.

I don't things are going to change unless she is found. :(

AS seems to think he will say where she is so I guess we can just hope and pray like crazy that he does :please:

I read a few articles this morning about the DNA on the hair results and that they aren't back yet or if they are it's not bring released for an important reason. I have my suspicions they have the results and they are aware that it does belong to Elaina and behind closed doors they are trying to get a confession to recover her. IF it was not her hair I'm sure they would of came out and said the DNA is back and it's not relevant to this case. Just my own opinion.
I pray for her safe return everyday!!!!

I read a few articles this morning about the DNA on the hair results and that they aren't back yet or if they are it's not bring released for an important reason. I have my suspicions they have the results and they are aware that it does belong to Elaina and behind closed doors they are trying to get a confession to recover her. IF it was not her hair I'm sure they would of came out and said the DNA is back and it's not relevant to this case. Just my own opinion.
I pray for her safe return everyday!!!!

I think that they have the results too! (praying it is not hers)

If it is not her hair I wonder if they would keep quiet anyway as possible levarage. If AS and SK are told and she is in the river then SK and AS can think "HA we are getting away with this" and be even more tight lipped. JMO

Praying Elaina is alive, happy and playing in the sunshine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oma-of-9