GUILTY OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Praying for Elaina's safe return and peace and love to her loved ones who are worried for her safety right now. I could never imagine the fear and anxiety they are enduring.

There still is hope. Never give it up and never accept the theory that she is no longer with us anymore. Miracles do happen. Keep searching, Keep hoping, and most importantly Keep holding each other. It's at these times we must remember the true blessing we have in family and Friends when all seems lost and to STICK together.

All things are found eventually. Truth always prevails. Please rest assure in that.

Thoughts are with you today and your safe return home to those who can't wait to see your beautiful little face again.

http://www.northwestohio.com/news/story.aspx?id=926468#.UfLZiG2t-QY

TOLEDO -- "A spokesperson for Toledo Police has told WNWO that, while the final results have not yet been submitted in writing, DNA testing done on hair recovered from the Maumee River will not likely be useful in their investigation of a missing East Toledo toddler.

1-year-old Elaina Steinfurth disappeared on June 2nd and was last seen at at home on Federal Street.

In early July, however, a fisherman found strands of hair in the Maumee River that were determined to be human hair.

Baby Elaina's family hoped that the discovery might be a new lead in the girl's disappearance, because a source has alleged that Elaina's mother allegedly disposed of the child's body in the waterway.

Toledo Police said Friday that because the hair found did not have any follicles, it was unlikely it would provide the needed DNA to be linked to Baby Elaina.

Earlier this week, a spokeswoman for the Ohio Attorney General's Office said that the testing was done partially in Bowling Green and London, Ohio in Bureau of Criminal Investigation (BCI) labs."

So are they saying DNA could not be pulled, or is is not Elaina's DNA?

If it is not her hair I wonder if they would keep quiet anyway as possible levarage. If AS and SK are told and she is in the river then SK and AS can think "HA we are getting away with this" and be even more tight lipped. JMO.

Exactly! Usually when suspects or POI feel they've gotten away with a crime is when they begin to incriminate themselves or brag. False confidence and reverse psychology are among investigators most prized tools in their box of tricks when dealing with a suspect who is clearly lying in a case with little to no forensic evidence available. ;)

They HAVE to catch one of them by word, not evidence at this point as we sadly do not have Elaina... yet.

http://www.toledonewsnow.com/story/22943266/no-useable-dna-found-on-hair-pulled-from-maumee-river

TOLEDO, OH (Toledo News Now) -

Toledo Police say hair found in the Maumee River on June 29 does not have follicles, making it impossible to complete a DNA test on the hair.

Police tested the hair in early July and determined it was human. They then attempted to compare it to the DNA of missing east Toledo toddler Elaina Steinfurth.

The Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation says because the hair lacks follicles, it will be extremely difficult to determine if it is from Elaina Steinfurth.

So are they going to dive again? UGH this is frustrating.

ELAINA+STEINFURTH+1.jpg

Good morning beautiful girl! Don't worry sweetheart, we're still looking for you, this game of hide and seek will not end until we find you! Hang tight, not much longer now!

Hello Sunshine !

http://www.toledonewsnow.com/story/22943266/no-useable-dna-found-on-hair-pulled-from-maumee-river

Toledo Police say hair found in the Maumee River on June 29 does not have follicles, making it impossible to complete a DNA test on the hair.

Police tested the hair in early July and determined it was human. They then attempted to compare it to the DNA of missing east Toledo toddler Elaina Steinfurth.

The Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation says because the hair lacks follicles, it will be extremely difficult to determine if it is from Elaina Steinfurth.

Noooooooooooooooooooooo :banghead: MFer !

One step forward and two steps back.
I'm so sorry Ferretmommy ! Just keep praying and fighting and hoping
and hugging baby K! You will make it through this.

This is such a disappointment because it COULD be hers I wish the hair showed a possible match or not match definitely rather than no DNA

I thought they got 2 different hairs by two different people from the river? Both show no DNA?!?!
Well it's human hair found in the river....I don't know why police/FBI aren't getting divers and making sure there is no human in the river that heir belonged to.

And if it is not her then it is possibly somebody.....

What a disappointment......Elaina's family deserves answers.

Can't they do conventional (microscopic) hair comparison testing? I know it's not nearly as solid as DNA, but how many baby's hairs would be in the river at that spot?

I don't know that they are going to get foolproof physical evidence at this point, so I hope they do what they can to think of building a good circumstantial case.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the follicles visible to the naked eye? Why did it take this long for them to report that? It seems they should have known pretty soon after receiving the strands that there wasn't going to be a way to pull DNA.

:banghead: :noooo:
:furious::furious::furious::furious::furious:

The (non) news about the hair is so disappointing. I was really hoping that there would be some kind of definitive answer. It has to be heartbreaking for the family to keep getting useless answers. I hope those involved are unable to close their eyes without seeing Elaina's sad, accusing eyes.

I have the nieces for the weekend and we just finished making "unpoppable" (don't believe it) bubbles. We went shopping and got stuff to make a giant cookie with pink icing and tons of sprinkles. We are gonna watch Brave in a bit and then tomorrow we are going to family day at the teen center for bouncy houses and face painting. That is what little girls are supposed to be doing right now. Elaina deserves to be doing all those things!

The (non) news about the hair is so disappointing. I was really hoping that there would be some kind of definitive answer. It has to be heartbreaking for the family to keep getting useless answers. I hope those involved are unable to close their eyes without seeing Elaina's sad, accusing eyes.

I have the nieces for the weekend and we just finished making "unpoppable" (don't believe it) bubbles. We went shopping and got stuff to make a giant cookie with pink icing and tons of sprinkles. We are gonna watch Brave in a bit and then tomorrow we are going to family day at the teen center for bouncy houses and face painting. That is what little girls are supposed to be doing right now. Elaina deserves to be doing all those things!

Stop, you made me cry :(
Have a bounce and a bubble and a sprinkle for our baby girl !

Stop, you made me cry :(
Have a bounce and a bubble and a sprinkle for our baby girl !

I'm sorry. I suspect they won't let me on the bouncy house (boo) but I promise to make my lil red headed terrors have an extra bounce or ten for our sweet girl.

You're so right vasportsmom. Elaina deserves to do all those things.

I don't know how LE, the volunteer searchers, and the families waiting for word can handle the stress and the frustration of dealing with the twists and turns of a case like that of bringing Elaina home. I'm awed that they may actually draw inspiration from the report that nothing definitive can come from the hair analysis. For them, energy revives, the search goes on, and hope continues.

They are all putting their energy, imagination, determination and physical strength into making sure Elaina can enjoy the bouncy house, ice the cookies, watch the fireworks (that's where I'll be hugging my grandchildren) and listen to stories until she falls asleep.

To any of you searchers, supporters, and family who might somehow see this post, you amaze me!!!

Ferretmommy, my thoughts are with you.

Know that I am thinking of Elaina, her family, and they are always in my prayers. God Bless

!!FIND ELAINA!!

Stopping in and checking on the progress of Baby Elaina before heading out to our family reunion with my nieces.

VA - it's a wonderful thing you are doing for your nieces. I have complete custody of my 2 nieces and nephew and you are so right; baby girls should be enjoying life to its fullest (making cookies, bouncy houses, face painting, family reunions, playing tag, chasing fireflies, etc.).

Praying today is the day Elaina is found.:candle:

Come on baby girl. Show yourself today! Whisper up a little clue into someone's ear so they can find you ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anaaaa555