GUILTY OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you.
From the article:New evidence, related to the discovery of Elaina's body, will be considered prior to the October trial date.

Family WNWO that they were aware of King making a plea deal with investigators prior to pointing them to Elaina's body.

Sounds like he's spilling the beans. This is good.

À member of the press called TJ Tuesday morning and told him the DNA was a match. LE couldn't be bothetred, I guess.

TJ should have been the first person that was notified....Trying to put myself in his shoes and this just bothers me.

Thank you.
From the article:New evidence, related to the discovery of Elaina's body, will be considered prior to the October trial date.

Family WNWO that they were aware of King making a plea deal with investigators prior to pointing them to Elaina's body.

Sounds like he's spilling the beans. This is good.

Gee but I thought JK the entire time said that her son had nothing do do with Elaina's disappearance.....(sarcasm) :banghead: They had to have known prior to this IMO.

I can't stand the idea of SK getting a reduced charge. If anything at least TJ and family can at least know exactly what happened, I do not think AS is going to spill it.

I am new to this case and many thanks to all of you who have posted as it has made it easy to get caught up to speed for the most part. I have some questions.

Would it have been possible that the media who have been following this case closely and was present at the ME office, that they got a tip before LE could run it though their chain of command to notify TJ and his family?

JK said in the interview posted in the link above that ES was a sad and depressed baby. What? Something is wrong with that picture and statement IMO

Has it ever been disclosed whether or not AS was ever abused as a child?

Was the FBI brought in as this was a missing child under the age of 2?

If the police searched the garage initially, wouldn't there have been signs of disturbance and foot prints if the baby had been put in the rafters? Do you all think she was placed there after the police went through?

Thanks for helping me understand and I apologize if this has already been asked and answered.

Gee but I thought JK the entire time said that her son had nothing do do with Elaina's disappearance.....(sarcasm) :banghead: They had to have known prior to this IMO.

I can't stand the idea of SK getting a reduced charge. If anything at least TJ and family can at least know exactly what happened, I do not think AS is going to spill it.
I can't stand the idea of reduced charges either. Don't get me wrong I'm thankful SK told but a beautiful little girl named Elaina, that was loved by her daddy and his family passed away. He knew where she was. He knew as he sat there day in and day out while the Steinfurth family and many more tried to find her, longed for her, needed to know she was okay and cried many tears for her. Yet he sat there as long as he was free. As did AS even as she sat in her cell biding her time until she thought they would set her free.
I try not to hate people. Try really hard on some but I'm so close to hatred again I can feel the wind blowing it on my face. I don't want it because it does no good for me or anyone else, but my gosh this was a beautiful, loved little girl that had at least one side of her family that adored her, yet this is what was given to her. I hope they both have a conscience and that every minute of every day it haunts them for the rest of their life.
As for LE in this town I can say that for me usually having such great respect for LE, I have none for these jokers. Who doesn't call the father and let him know but lets the news crew do that? Who lets someone like SK go walking around for so long after Elaina's disappearance even though he was in that house, he had warrants for other things they could pick him up on and press him with. I wish and pray for you to get rid of these guys and find new and better leadership in this community. If you can't turn to or trust your LE to do the right thing who in the world can you trust?
Now I'm impatiently waiting for JK and RS along with Mike (wasn't that his name? the one that went out the back door with SK when they said the baby disappeared) to be charged. I truly believe they're all in on it. Every rotten one of them.
As for AS. I'm even more angry. She gave birth to this child. She was chosen to Mother this child, yet she did this and turned her back on the child even after death. How freaking cold and evil can she get?
I will never understand any of this except it's evil. No matter what my child does I will love them, but I will not lie for them, nor stand by and watch them lie while they put another family through emotional torture. Shame on them all.
RIP beautiful Elaina. I will never forget you and how you touched not only my heart but the hearts of thousands who never got to be blessed with your presence.
To ferretmommy, cherubcollector, and all of your family and friends~When you feel the wind blow on your cheeks it will be your beautiful angel Elaina giving you kisses. Hugs and condolences to all of you that loved her so.

ETA I want new and stronger charges on AS and SK and I want it yesterday!!

MOO

Has it ever been disclosed whether or not AS was ever abused as a child?

Welcome Zuri.

In regards to your question, its not a thing that has ever been stated IIRC. And in my exceptionally passionate opinion, IT HAS ZERO RELEVANCE.

I don't think that having suffered abuse should EVER, EVER count as a mitigating factor in harming a child. The majority of people who have suffered abuse work exceptionally hard for years and years to overcome its effects. In many respects, they become better parents and people - knowing precicesly what they desperately want to protect their own children from.

Beliefs like this ( and you're not alone, the judge gave exceptional leniency to the murderer of Kiesha Wieppart/Abrahams along the same line of thought) simply serve to undermine victims everywhere. Labels them as potential abusers. And the simple fact is the overwhelming majority will never be.

On that case, my husband and I stood at different sides - he claimed that KA had never had an opportunity to be better. And through rigorous debate, I can begin to perhaps see that - but those circumstances don't appear here. She was lovingly accepted into a different, safe, family environment for over 5 years before she walked away.

Im getting a bit off topic. Just my own humble, WAAAY to emotionally charged opinion.

And I do genuinely welcome you. Please don't take this as a personal attack. The more people we have here, standing strong for Elaina, the better.

Watching this again just makes my blood boil :stormingmad: knowing that sweet baby was in that garage the whole time and this woman knew it!!! :mad:

What child of Elaina's age is sad and depressed????

And why would her mom question a diaper rash, thinking it was something else? What was she thinking it was???

RE: Zuri:
JK said in the interview posted in the link above that ES was a sad and depressed baby. What? Something is wrong with that picture and statement IMO

I would take everything JK says with a shaker full of salt. IMO JK has her very own agenda in all of this.

Watching this again just makes my blood boil :stormingmad: knowing that sweet baby was in that garage the whole time and this woman knew it!!! :mad:

Did she know it though? Just because her son knew doesn't mean she did. She's cold alright, but I haven't seen anything to say she knew the baby was there.

JK said in the interview posted in the link above that ES was a sad and depressed baby. What?

The absurdity of the statement it's as if Elaina was older and they were trying to lay the groundwork for suicide as a possibility. It's all just so utterly absurd.

A few years ago I looked after a child of Elainas age with severe rickets. I'd love to say that it was over in Africa, or some other developing nation. But no, it was here. She had been fed cows milk from birth, mum was an IV drug user and didnt want to cause harm through BF. and formula was too expensive considering their other financial needs. Sigh. She had numerous fractures all throughout her body because her bones couldn't even stand to be picked up and cuddled - but she was not a depressed baby. A little play time and attention and there were giggles throughout the room, and a smile that warmed everyone.

Depressed isnt the default position for a child. They are full of wonder and awe and are great mimics of the world around them. You flash a child a genuine smile, and they smile back.

JK stating that Elaina was depressed is an admission of her own lack of warmth.

Maybe this is an oversimplification, but I figured JK saying Elaina was "depressed" is laying groundwork for showing AS as chronically abusive, and in turn, pinning as much as possible on AS.

These people are all seriously cutthroat.

Did she know it though? Just because her son knew doesn't mean she did. She's cold alright, but I haven't seen anything to say she knew the baby was there.

"He's my son and I love him and I've got to believe him."

I'm sort of leaning your way a bit blefuscu - in that I don't necessarily think that she had direct knowledge of what transpired - at this point back in June at any rate.

She is perhaps guilty of lying to cover for him, and paint a picture to cast light anywhere but away from on him.

Thinking about it overnight, the head shaking to me seems like she doesn't believe what she has been told, her gut instinct is leaning towards the terrible and doesn't want to believe her gut.

Perhaps a stronger person than her would have demanded the truth - as doubt creeps further and further in. Perhaps someone stronger would have said "I don't know what happenned. I don't think I'm being told the truth - and I'm leaving it to LE to sort through this mess.

But it's a hard call to make when you're still in denial of the possibility someone you love, who you have raised could be capable of being involved - which now we know he so absolutely was - we just don't have the complete picture of the extent.

I'm not stating this to exonerate JK - the inconsistencies in what she has said need to be examined as to whether obstruction charges can fall at her feet too.

I'm just not getting a read as someone involved directly in the harm and callous disposal of little Elaina

I understand the instinct for a parent to stand by their kid, even when murder is involved, but consider:

The teen brothers who killed Autumn Pasquale were turned in by their Mom.

Austin Sigg was, in effect, turned in by his Mom.

A woman right now is testifying in a murder trial--her own sister and the sister's BF (Grant Hayes) murdered Hayes' ex wife; and the sister knew about it, at least tacitly. She didn't turn them in, but when LE approached her she told them what she knew and now she's testifying to it. Reluctantly, but she's doing it.

I understand the instinct for a parent to stand by their kid, even when murder is involved, but consider:

The teen brothers who killed Autumn Pasquale were turned in by their Mom.

Austin Sigg was, in effect, turned in by his Mom.

A woman right now is testifying in a murder trial--her own sister and the sister's BF (Grant Hayes) murdered Hayes' ex wife; and the sister knew about it, at least tacitly. She didn't turn them in, but when LE approached her she told them what she knew and now she's testifying to it. Reluctantly, but she's doing it.

----------
Hi, I believe it is possible to love someone but hate what they did. :seeya:

http://www.northwestohio.com/news/story.aspx?id=945421#.UjGlR8PD_b0
Julie King raw interview two weeks after Elaina Steinfurth went missing
On June 18th, Julie King spoke exclusively to WNWO's Chris Delcamp about the disappearance of Elaina Steinfurth.
This is interesting! I thought I had seen most of the media on this case. I still think Mike one is involved somehow in hiding her. In this flick she mentions him once, that while in the alley "SK met up with my nephew" but then goes on about SK & the neighbor kid. So, where did the nephew go? And still, where was the van that was gone until early the next morning?

This is interesting! I thought I had seen most of the media on this case. I still think Mike one is involved somehow in hiding her. In this flick she mentions him once, that while in the alley "SK met up with my nephew" but then goes on about SK & the neighbor kid. So, where did the nephew go? And still, where was the van that was gone until early the next morning?

Good questions Inana! I wonder the same thing.

My 26 month old granddaughter will be spending the day with me today. I've got cookies, watermelon (her favorite) and spaghetti oh's for lunch. We plan to play with the toy kitchen I have here for her, and go to the park to slide and swing. My heart breaks knowing that this little girl will not get to do the same. While it is simple, the time together is so important.

My heart goes out to the family!

I transcribed that video so I wouldn't have to keep rewinding to check what had been said.--wish I knew more about speech patterns and what they indicate. Maybe, just like rocking is a self soothing behavior, the pattern developed by repeating short phrases or sentences also soothes. For instance, "I don't, I don't know. I hope, I hope not. I hope they don't charge him at all." It's almost poetic.

At first glance, it seemed to me that JK was trying to put across her story: that her son was a fun loving family guy (SK was playing with the children on JK's porch Sunday morning, SK spent time with kids at his sister's house); that SK really liked children (he looked for Elaina with Dominic, a little boy from the neighbourhood); SK was protective of children (he was so upset by the way TJ treated KS that he challenged him to a fight); that SK needed direction so couldn't have formed the intent to harm (when told that Elaina had disappeared, SK had to be told by his mother to check the pool, to go up the street); that SK was obedient (he did what his mom told him and then came home); that SK's is being bullied and is frightened (threats to his safety on FB, threats from RS--notably NOT from TJ or from TS Sr.); that it wasn't SK's fault that Elaina was sad (because she was already "a depressed little girl"). In JK's story, it is obvious that her son was just too caring about the welfare of children to have ever hurt Elaina, unlike other people in the baby's family.

JK, she says of herself, is known to the children as "Aunt Nana" and KS had no problem coming up and talking to her. In her story, JK is a woman concerned with protecting her father, son, and grandson from FaceBook threats (in the words of Mike Meyer's mother, "A villain is the hero of his own story.") JK has been a good mother (JK's daughter lives just down the street, JK knows what diaper rash looks like) while AS was dumb (doesn't recognize diaper rash), negative (she was "an angry person"), in a troubled marriage ("I think there were some problems you know between them two with the baby."), and an abusive mother (seen in the neighbourhood "bein' rough with her kids", and someone who would "definitely" hurt her children with worse than a slap in the face).

While the nephew disappears from the story ("about three-quarters of the way down the alley"), the van slips in. While JK is attempting to lay the groundwork for TJ being abusive to his children, and upsetting SK, she starts to say that TJ "like pushed Kylie in the, the va-" before correcting herself to say "puttin' her in the truck". So the van also has made an appearance. If that was a Freudian slip, just who was pushing who into the "missing" van? Had the van (the one RS was ranting about on TV) been parked down the alley Sunday?

JK also rips the mask of loving grandfather from RS. What better red herring could there be to distract LE's attention from SK than a man who throws his homeless daughter's clothing out of the window of his truck and then sends her a text message accusing her of stealing $30.00?

In JK's story, Elaina makes only a token appearance as a sad little girl. I'll read it again, just to be sure, but nowhere do I hear worry from JK about how frightened or lonely or confused Elaina must be. If she's still alive.

I have no doubt that there may be a few elements of truth in JK's story, but to me, it's a pretty flimsy tale. It seems as though JK's trying really hard to protect her son, and herself, from the consequences of their actions and inactions. But, she hasn't thought this through very well. For instance, early on in the story, when CD points a discrepancy about the timing of when she and SK started searching, he startles JK into saying "Goodness. I'm trying to think."

Interesting that at the end of the interview, JK says "They've [LE] searched here, I think, a total of four, four or five times. Yeah, and every time I don't have a problem with them searching." CD says, "Turned up nothing?" And JK responds. "Turned up nothin'."

To me, Julie seemed cool, calm, and collected.

Until September 6th.

The raw interview of Julie King by Chris Delcamp was recorded on June 18, 2013. Angela Mories Steinfurth had been arrested June 12. Steven King was arrested July 22nd, 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member