GUILTY OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hey, I wonder if K starts school or pre k ?

I think she's the same age as my grandson, and he's going into kindergarten (ie. "real school") in September. I'm glad she's got so many people who love her to share such an important time with her--pictures on the school steps, pictures walking to school, the all important list of supplies. This time of year, I automatically buy new pens and pencils. It just doesn't seem right to begin the fall without the smell of a new ballpoint pen by the computer.
Thinking of of you CC and FM.

Hi FM and CC.

I'll be thinking of you, KS, your family, and, especially, Baby Elaina today when I light the lumineria in the garden in her memory.

Just in case some readers don't know, in the United States, today is a National Day of Remembrance. In 2007, Congress established September 25th as a National Day of Remembrance for Murder Victims lost to homicide, and acknowledges the resulting long term trauma for families, communities, and the nation.

This month must be exceptionally hard for you as one sad anniversary after another goes by. While there are many people who will be with you to offer comfort and consolation in person, we are also remembering your beautiful little angel, and keeping you in our prayers. Elaina touched us all, and we have not forgotten her. Just yesterday I was doing a little fall cleaning in the garden, and discovered a tiny pink geranium I hadn't noticed before--near the larger plants which I put in the garden last year, but definitely a new growth. It reminded me of your baby, sweet, and gentle, and simply perfect. And that is where I'll begin setting the luminaria later today, joining in spirit with all the other people who will be recalling your little one.

Sending hugs.

(((FM))) (((KS))) (((CC)))

Beautiful post wendiesan :heartluv:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have a lot of remembering to do :(

That is so very sadly true, Schmae.

Somehow the overcast skies here are comforting and peaceful, solemn but letting enough sunlight through so that the beauty of nature, even in the heart of this city, can be appreciated. Sort of a metaphor, I think. The sunlight reminds me that the memories of happier times gradually become stronger, easing the sorrow a tiny bit every day. The autumn light really is cooler, I think, a little bluer than the gold and pink light you find in summer or spring days, but it has it's own beauty. It makes things a little mistier, a bit more removed and mysterious. The shadows are that much deeper, and a closer to dreams or visions of times past making it easier to see how, quietly, unobtrusively, life continues.

When I get home later, I will light the tealights and meditate and pray, and join the others who are also remembering the essence of their loved ones. That really is comforting. Kimi wrote so movingly about how the caring of WSs is like a quilt (Relisha's thread), and I love that image. It's the feeling of being accepted and cared for and protected that I felt when I was eight, and, after a hard day at school, I'd run home and dive under my mother's quilt, breathing in the scent of her perfume, hearing her laugh with my father, and trying to wrap myself in all that love for just a few minutes. And then my sisters and brother would join, and the raucous wrestling would begin.

So, when the light changes the shade of my fence from sturdy taupe to a gentle purple, I'll draw the warmth from Kimi's WS quilt around me, and remember.

If you see this, CC, I hope that you and FM find a small sense of peace today, and that here and there you will find some sunlight within the shadow.

Hugs from Lotus Land.

We have a lot of remembering to do :(

My TimeHop app keeps popping up with one status after another where I have shared missing posters or posted about anniversaries and it makes me so sad. All of these sweet babies should still be here enjoying the last days of summers. As much as we have all came to love them I wish that there had never been a reason for us to hear their names.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wendiesan and Kimi, coming here and reading posts really does feel like curling up and enjoying the comfort of a quilt that has been stitched love.

Schmae, September is a rough month with the anniversaries of Elaina being found, the jailhouse march, the National Day of Remembrance, then Sunday will be one year since we laid Elaina to rest. TJ, BN (yes, they are back together :happydance:), TS, FM, KS, BN's daughter, myself and my husband attended the NDoR candle-lighting ceremony last night.

The family and many who helped search for Elaina will be there Wednesday to watch the house and garage come down. We will then have a couple months before December arrives with the anniversary of the sentencing of AS and SK, a candle-lighting ceremony held at the Toledo Children's Memorial where there is a brick in memory of Elaina, what should be the happy day Elaina celebrates her 3rd birthday and Christmas.

Elaina was taken from our presence, but she will definitely not be forgotten!

200 x 185 piece of my heart.JPG

Hi CC.

I'll be thinking of you and FM, and all your family tomorrow.
My guess is that members of the press will be there tomorrow, and I cannot imagine how difficult it must be to speak about what this house has come to symbolize to you, and what it's destruction will mean. That said, I'm sure you will handle this with the same grace as you've handled every other challenge that has come into your path.

I can't be there in person to offer my support, but will be there in spirit to watch it fall.

(((hugs)))

As expected, TS Sr. was a calm spokesman for the family, although his words brought tears to my eyes.
The articles mention that there was some tension between the Steinfurth and King families during the demolition, but no incidents.

There was no trouble between families. We stayed across the street, they stayed at the house next door. RS hung near them (thought that was strange since he is still insists SK and his family are the only ones responsible) or alone.

The house was not only a visual reminder of the horror that occurred within, but a health hazard and eyesore. The neighbors had also said they were afraid someone may have set fire to it and endangered their homes and possibly their lives.

The house is gone, the memories remain. :tears:

The Toledo Childrens' Memorial, founded in 1999 by Daniel Cole, has, at its heart, a wonderful concept.

Given the pain and shear diminishment of the community over the loss of so many children, the memorial was created to memorialize the children and honor the families by offering them a serene place to congregate and mourn.

The memorial has become 'perpetual' in nature. When a tragedy occurs- taking the life of a child in the community- a candle is lit at the site and placed within a bronze enclosure where it burns for 5 days in the child’s memory.

In remembrance of a lost child- ‘Angel Bricks' are placed in the walkway leading up to the monument. Each Angel Brick is engraved bearing the child’s name, birthday and date of death along with a depiction of an 'Angel'.

http://www.toledochildrensmemorial.com/

Thank you, CC, for the reminder that Elaina's candle will be burning in December.

Holidays are coming and your whole family is in my thoughts.
I hope you are all well. I hope FM's feeling better. I hope little K's got some things to smile about.

http://www.19actionnews.com/story/2...as-murder-writes-court-claims-case-mishandled

Mother convicted of baby Elaina's murder writes court, claims case mishandled
An east Toledo mother who pleaded guilty to murder by way of an Alford plea in her daughter's death as part of a plea agreement now says she wasn't given all of the evidence in the case before she took the deal.

Does she forget that HER BABY was mishandled?

Unbelievable!

http://www.nbc24.com/

Baby Elaina's mother accuses prosecutors of 'witch hunt' against her

Nearly a year after an East Toledo mother was sent to prison for the murder of her daughter, Elaina Steinfurth, she's making an attempt to overturn her plea deal.

In letters sent to Ohio's Attorney General and to Lucas County Prosecutor Julia Bates, Angela Steinfurth alleges "wrong doing" by the prosecutors office.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayc
Back