GUILTY OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Blessings and peace today ! I don't really know how to stop this thread and I dont' really know if it would be easier for FM and CC if we did just stop so you didn't have to read it. Or maybe coming here is a comfort or a distraction for you .
Always on my mind all of you :)

I'm not sure how Ferretmommy feels, but I would prefer the page not end yet - or abruptly.

Our pain and grieving didn't end when AS and SK were sentenced. Quite the contrary; the events of the past week have felt like another dagger to the heart. Thinking of Elaina's short life and how she, TJ and K were cheated of so many things while writing victim statements to the judges, then hearing SK tell how her precious life was taken brought renewed tears.

The words of comfort, encouragement, understanding and condolences found here have been so comforting and I'm sure they will be in the next few weeks. Elaina should be celebrating her 2nd birthday in a little more than a week, then experiencing the first Christmas she could have opened her gifts on her own and expressed her joy in finding a new toy from Santa under the tree.

I realize the posts on this thread will dwindle away now that justice has been served, and I think they should; because unfortunately, we live in a cruel world and there will be other threads that need the attention that has been given to these seven for Elaina. I hope that any other families who join in on threads for their loved ones find, along with the sleuthing, the same 'warmth and friendship' I've found here.

I feel I have came to know the people that posted from the very beginning of this thread and will miss your post. The kindness, the tears, the anger and sadness that we all felt and shared. It somehow seems that it is not finished.

CC & FM...God Bless you and the family, you are loved and supported. The next few weeks will be very hard on the family. I personally know the grief you will be going through and will keep on praying for your broken hearts.
:grouphug:

I'm not sure how Ferretmommy feels, but I would prefer the page not end yet - or abruptly.

Our pain and grieving didn't end when AS and SK were sentenced. Quite the contrary; the events of the past week have felt like another dagger to the heart. Thinking of Elaina's short life and how she, TJ and K were cheated of so many things while writing victim statements to the judges, then hearing SK tell how her precious life was taken brought renewed tears.

The words of comfort, encouragement, understanding and condolences found here have been so comforting and I'm sure they will be in the next few weeks. Elaina should be celebrating her 2nd birthday in a little more than a week, then experiencing the first Christmas she could have opened her gifts on her own and expressed her joy in finding a new toy from Santa under the tree.

I realize the posts on this thread will dwindle away now that justice has been served, and I think they should; because unfortunately, we live in a cruel world and there will be other threads that need the attention that has been given to these seven for Elaina. I hope that any other families who join in on threads for their loved ones find, along with the sleuthing, the same 'warmth and friendship' I've found here.

Thank you CC ! We will be here :)

We rarely get to ' know' the family the way we have your family and I feel a little kinship with you all and want to know how you are all and want to hear K's news now and then. You and FM' s participation has kept this thread going and I'm so glad little K has kind and strong women to help her in the future. Not that TJ cannot , but you know a little girl needs the maternal relationship that her mother took from her and it's a comfort to know she has you . It's possible that you might bring help to others on other threads down the road , as well. There is a long road ahead but I feel last week puts an end to that part of the story and maybe things like grief were put ' on hold ' so to speak until after the justice part was dished out.

I think I speak for most of us when I say we love the Steinfurth family !

Ferret Mommy and all those who loved Elaina,
May God give you the strength to face today and each day as it comes. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
I live approximately 12 miles north of Toledo, and when Elaina went missing I was very drawn to this case. I instantly fell in love with Elaina the first time I saw her picture posted. My youngest granddaughter turned 4 last June, about a week after Elaina went missing, and I thought of K often when I watched what my granddaughter was doing, knowing at that time that K was missing her little sister. I printed out Elaina's poster and we prayed for her for a long time. After it was apparent that Elaina was not coming home, I remembered reading a story a couple years ago that I wanted to share, but I didn't think it was the right time. I don't know if it is the right time now, either, but I would like to share this. It is my belief that through the respect that Elaina's paternal family showed the world, and all the love, strength, and comfort that was shown both in person and through this website and Elaina's FB page, that many hearts were touched. As you know, we don't have the answers to many of our questions while we are here on earth; and I am so sorry all this has happened to precious Elaina, and so sorry that your family is going through this. I don't know what else to say. FM, if you ever want to talk, or need a hug, PM me. I don't live too far away. God bless you.
I apologize in advance, if this offends anyone – I just feel that I need to share this.
Story : I found Jesus there
By Georgy

Read more at Story : I found Jesus there
The surgeon sat beside the boy’s bed; the boy’s parents sat across from him. “Tomorrow morning,” the surgeon began, “I’ll open up your heart…”
“You’ll find Jesus there,” the boy interrupted.
The surgeon looked up, annoyed. “I’ll cut your heart open,” he continued, “to see how much damage has been done…”
“But when you open up my heart, you’ll find Jesus in there.” The surgeon looked to the parents, who sat quietly.
“When I see how much damage has been done, I’ll sew your heart and chest back up and I’ll plan what to do next.”
“But you’ll find Jesus in my heart. The Bible says He lives there. The hymns all say He lives there. You’ll find Him in my heart.”
The surgeon had had enough. “I’ll tell you what I’ll find in your heart. I’ll find damaged muscle, low blood supply, and weakened vessels. And I’ll find out if I can make you well.”
“You’ll find Jesus there too. He lives there.”
The surgeon left. The surgeon sat in his office, recording his notes from the surgery: “…damaged aorta, damaged pulmonary vein, widespread muscle degeneration. No hope for transplant, no hope for cure. Therapy: painkillers and bed rest. Prognosis:” here he paused, “death within one year.”
He stopped the recorder, but there was more to be said. “Why?” he asked aloud.
“Why did You do this? You’ve put him here; You’ve put him in this pain; and You’ve cursed him to an early death. Why?”
The Lord answered and said, “The boy, My lamb, was not meant for your flock for long, for he is a part of My flock, and will forever be. Here, in My flock, he will feel no pain, and will be comforted as you cannot imagine. His parents will one day join him here, and they will know peace, and My flock will continue to grow.”The surgeon’s tears were hot, but his anger was hotter. “You created that boy, and You created that heart. He’ll be dead in months. Why?”
The Lord answered,
“The boy, My lamb, shall return to My flock, for he has done his duty: I did not put My lamb with your flock to lose him, but to retrieve another lost lamb.”The surgeon wept.
The surgeon sat beside the boy’s bed; the boy’s parents sat across from him. The boy awoke and whispered, “Did you cut open my heart?”
“Yes,” said the surgeon.
“What did you find?” asked the boy.
“I found Jesus there,” said the surgeon.

True.
I think that maybe RS needs to maintain his state of denial as a form of self-defense. It may be too painful for him to deal with the fact that his own child committed the acts of atrocity that resulted in Elaina's death. Given what seems to be his own rather precarious state of physical health, he may just not have the energy or the tools needed to rebuild after admitting something so soul-shattering. There is so much for him to grieve. He has so much anger, and just cannot focus it on AS as well as SK.
This does not, IMO, excuse his abhorrent behaviour towards TJ, TS Sr, FM, CC and the Steinfurth family, friends and supporters.
From comments FM has made upthread, however, TJ is not allowing RS to poison the relationship between little KS and her aunt, MS. An amazingly generous gesture by TJ, IMO.

Justice for Elaina

Reminds me of Cindy Anthony's denial that Casey Anthony killed her precious granddaughter.

FM, CC, and the Steinfurth family,

I don't know exactly what drew me to this case in the beginning. I saw baby Elaina, I read the first posts and news articles, and though I never planned on following cases involving children too closely, there have been some cases that have drawn me in, and baby Elaina's case was the first one I actively participated in. Baby Elaina just touched my heart so strongly, and I was and remain so outraged at those responsible. As more details became known, and when you started posting here, as well as watching TS sr., TJ as well as the community draw together, I was and will always be humbled and impressed with the way your family has dealt with this evil that took baby Elaina from all of you. Your family has touched me in a way that's hard to explain, and in a way no other has. I'm sorry if this post is worded awkwardly, but not a day goes by that I don't think about baby Elaina and your family. I will say that I have cried more than once during the last 6+months, and that your family are always in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm so very sorry that baby Elaina was taken from you in such a ghastly way. Thinking of K., makes me want to cry. But I know K. will be alright, as she has all of you to love and protect her. This Christmas and New Years will be so hard for all of you, and I know every day is. I pray that you all will get through this, and there will come a time when you can remember baby Elaina with happiness untainted by how she died. And I do believe that time will come some day. I pray that you all hang on to your faith in God, HE will not let you down. Baby Elaina is with Jesus now, and she has no more pain or tears.

I agree with the others here, we will be here for you as long as you need us.

With much love and respect,

Solitaryone.

What does little K want for Christmas? Is she getting into the spirit ?
I think a child that age, no matter what goes on, would probably be
getting into the Christmas spirit quite a bit and getting excited.

This is probably going to be a pretty tough Christmas for K. My granddaughter, who is also 4-1/2, wants everything that she sees on the commercials. My husband and I are blessed to have been able to guide our youngest granddaugher for the past year while her parents are trying to "get their acts together," as I like to say. We have definitely spoiled her this year, but it's been fun. We even got an "Efl on the Shelf." I pray that K and her family can receive some comfort and peace at this very difficult holiday.

FM, CC, and the Steinfurth family,

I don't know exactly what drew me to this case in the beginning. I saw baby Elaina, I read the first posts and news articles, and though I never planned on following cases involving children too closely, there have been some cases that have drawn me in, and baby Elaina's case was the first one I actively participated in. Baby Elaina just touched my heart so strongly, and I was and remain so outraged at those responsible. As more details became known, and when you started posting here, as well as watching TS sr., TJ as well as the community draw together, I was and will always be humbled and impressed with the way your family has dealt with this evil that took baby Elaina from all of you. Your family has touched me in a way that's hard to explain, and in a way no other has. I'm sorry if this post is worded awkwardly, but not a day goes by that I don't think about baby Elaina and your family. I will say that I have cried more than once during the last 6+months, and that your family are always in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm so very sorry that baby Elaina was taken from you in such a ghastly way. Thinking of K., makes me want to cry. But I know K. will be alright, as she has all of you to love and protect her. This Christmas and New Years will be so hard for all of you, and I know every day is. I pray that you all will get through this, and there will come a time when you can remember baby Elaina with happiness untainted by how she died. And I do believe that time will come some day. I pray that you all hang on to your faith in God, HE will not let you down. Baby Elaina is with Jesus now, and she has no more pain or tears.

I agree with the others here, we will be here for you as long as you need us.

With much love and respect,

Solitaryone.

Solitaryone, you summed up what so many of us feel, with your words. Thank you for speaking what was in my heart! Your eloquence knows know bounds. I am in tears!

Your words sum up how so many of us feel, IMO, about Baby Elaina, and reminds us all of just how incredible Baby Elaina truly was. Cherubcollector and Ferretmommy graced us with their presence, and honored us with their insight during the most difficult time of their lives.

I, too, was drawn to this case from the moment I laid eyes on Elaina's picture. Her beautiful face captured my heart. Every photo seemed to call out to me, and her eyes seemed to speak to my soul. As the search progressed for her, I prayed daily for a positive outcome, hoping beyond hope.

I am beyond grateful for the forum that Websleuths has allowed us to sleuth, bond, and lend our support, to each other, and most of all (I hope), to Elaina's family. Knowing now that she truly does have the "Eyes of an Angel" brings more tears, and I know someday the anger and sadness will transition to peace for those of us who are left on this earth. For Angel Elaina, her peace and happiness has already begun. She has changed the world we live in, touched the lives of millions of people, and made the world the better place in her short time here. For that I am ever-so-grateful.

Baby Elaina lives on in our hearts forever.:rose:

As Solitaryone and other Websleuthers have stated, I add my support in as well.....

Websleuthers will be always be here for you and your family, Cherubcollector & Ferretmommy!

It's been a few weeks since I've been here due to an extremely busy workload and just now getting up to speed. I'm so thankful that the legal aspects of this case are behind the family and the healing can begin. It won't happen overnight but in time, the sad facts of Elaina's passing will be replaced with the happy memories she left. Thoughts & prayers continue for FM, CC, and the rest of the Steinfurth family as they go forward. Joyous Christmas wishes to all of you!!!

I agree! It sounds like a conviction would have been a slam dunk with SK's testimony but maybe the family wanted it resolved w/o a trial and this is what it took. She deserved a much longer sentence though. She was Elaina's mother and had a duty to keep her safe.

I have a horrible feeling that it won't be long before we hear about RS fighting to be allowed to take K to prison to see Angela. I really hope that a good lawyer will step up and offer to help the family deal with protecting K.

Actually the head prosecutor Julia Bates said they may have gotten off easier if they had gone to trial-even with the evidence they had, they stilldidn't know who did the killing and who hurt her. When negotiating the plea deal, the two of them were led to believe the proseution had more solid evidence than what the really had.

I suspect many other people have been frequently visiting this thread since Day 1, as I sure have. Even though the pleas have been accepted and the sentences have been imposed, it doesn't seem to be complete. IMO, aspects of Elaina's case are still coming to light. Issues which are specific to it, and some issues that have broader implications, have merit and, again IMO, deserve discussion. So, it seems to me that this thread still has great value.

It's been a privilege to hear from FM and CC. IMO, the people who visit this thread are expressing support for FM, for CC, and for, TJ, TS Sr, and KS. As well, I think that as discussions have expanded on particular points or people have posted information about the context from which they make their comments, we have unhesitatingly expressed our support for each other. When this thread closes, I'm really going to miss it.

I'm in agreement with Wendiesan, I think things are still coming out, no matter how small or insignificant they may seem. I mostly come here to read and reflect, so I'm okay with it staying up

I don't think threads here usually get closed unless there is an issue with them.
On the anniversary people still bump up threads much older than Elaina's. :seeya:

Thinking of you, FM and CC, as we get closer to the 20th and all the memories it must hold for you and your family.
If it's OK with you, FM, I'd like to place a circle of luminaria around my pond and "wild space" on that day to celebrate the gift of Elaina's presence in the world.
I was thinking that, if there is a particular time that your family or friends are holding a vigil or remembrance or candle lighting, I could time the lighting of my luminaria to coincide the beginning of whatever you have planned.
(I do something like this with my neice's family on the anniversay of her little one's birth and passing.)
Would this be OK with you?

I , of course, have nothing to add today. But I'm thinking about little Elaina and especially big sister K and hoping today a little Christmas wonder crept into her heart :)

Thinking of you, FM and CC, as we get closer to the 20th and all the memories it must hold for you and your family.
If it's OK with you, FM, I'd like to place a circle of luminaria around my pond and "wild space" on that day to celebrate the gift of Elaina's presence in the world.
I was thinking that, if there is a particular time that your family or friends are holding a vigil or remembrance or candle lighting, I could time the lighting of my luminaria to coincide the beginning of whatever you have planned.
(I do something like this with my neice's family on the anniversay of her little one's birth and passing.)
Would this be OK with you?

FM was admitted to the hospital Sunday :(. She is still in ICU, so you'll have to settle for a reply from me.
I plan on lighting a candle in Elaina's honor at 1:24 PM EST and like your idea of luminaries.

Prayers for FM

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back