GUILTY OH - Emily Rimel, 5, Columbus, 7 Dec 2004

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Socks said:
That sick . How he destroyed this family and then sits so smug behind bars knowing he still held power.

:behindbar
Must not be so smug now. Oh to be a fly on his cell wall! I'd love to see the little worm squirm!!!!:furious:

baleuf.....your PM box is to full to take anymore messages...please empty it.

Lindsey Bruce was indicted today by a grand Jury here in Cols OH. He is charged with 2 counts of Agg murder one count of murder and tampering with evidence. It is a death penalty indictment and even though it is very hard to get central Ohio jurors to vote for death, I can see this one going through. He is cocky and really did not think they would ever find her. Baby girl angel prooved him wrong.:loser:

That's what I like to hear!!!!!! And may they fry him as this deserves!!!!!:furious:JMHO

I'm so glad. No I'll bet that arrogant look slid right off of his face when he found out that they had found Emily.

I think they should let her parents inject him or pull the switch as he was a family friend that they even extended their home to. I'll bet they feel like throwing up when they have to face him in court.

Man Indicted In Emily Rimel's Death
Bruce Could Face Death Penalty If Convicted

UPDATED: 7:05 pm EDT June 12, 2006
http://www.nbc4i.com/news/9358197/detail.html

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- A Franklin County grand jury indicted a man on Monday in connection with the death of a 5-year-old girl.

Lindsay Bruce, who was already convicted in kidnapping Emily Rimel, was charged with her murder, NBC 4's Holly Hollingsworth reported.

Bruce, 25, was indicted on four counts, including two counts of aggravated murder. He was also charged with murder and tampering with evidence, Hollingsworth reported.

Bruce could face the death penalty if he is convicted. He is already serving a 10 year sentence, the maximum sentence possible for the kidnapping charge, NBC 4 reported.

The indictment came a month after Rimel's remains were found in Big Walnut Creek in southern Franklin County. A woman who was fishing with her son found the child's skull.

DNA was taken from three of the five teeth in the skull. At the state's crime laboratory, the DNA was matched with the girl's DNA, along with the DNA from her mother and father, NBC 4 reported.

Police obtained Rimel's DNA from a winter coat, Burton reported.

Rimel was last seen inside her Madison Township home in December 2004. The 5-year-old girl disappeared from her home while Bruce, who was called a family friend, was visiting.

Detectives believed the girl died, but Bruce was not charged with her murder. Bruce was accused of raping her after Rimel's DNA was allegedly found on his genitalia, NBC 4 reported. A jury later found Bruce not guilty on the rape charge.

Franklin County Prosecutor Ron O'Brien said he did not expect a plea agreement from Bruce, who could face the death penalty if convicted.

"He refused to do it then. He refused to do it thereafter," O'Brien said. "He refused to do it before the start of the rape and kidnapping trial. I would not expect there to be any attempt at pleas in this case."

Bruce, who is being housed at the Warren Correctional Institution in southwest Ohio, is scheduled to be arraigned on the murder charge later this week, Hollingsworth reported

THANK GOD!!!!!:clap:

Now just pray that the jury is smarter this time than they were last time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:furious:

Montanagirl said:
THANK GOD!!!!!:clap:

Now just pray that the jury is smarter this time than they were last time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:furious:

He refuses to plea...I'll bet he thinks the next jury will find him innocent too but I'll bet they won't....not now. They better not anyway. I hope he gets the death penalty for what he did to that little girl.

I hope this rots. Appeal that, dirtball!

Stuff like this makes me so ANGRY!!!!! :furious: Why does he think he was treated unfairly when it was the jury who made the mistake of finding him not guilty in her rape? He ought to thank his lucky stars they were so 'nice' to him and not look for more. GEEZ!!! And if he gets a new trial on the kidnapping, I wonder if any of the information supplied in his first trial will be supressed in the murder trial? This is why the justice system, IMHO, is so seriously flawed! How can stuff like this happen? Do people just forget this scum raped and killed a little girl???? :doh:

(sorry for the rant. Just sticks in my craw!)

Are there any updates about Bruce's trial etc? I can't seem to find anything in the news.

Montanagirl said:
Stuff like this makes me so ANGRY!!!!! :furious: Why does he think he was treated unfairly when it was the jury who made the mistake of finding him not guilty in her rape? He ought to thank his lucky stars they were so 'nice' to him and not look for more. GEEZ!!! And if he gets a new trial on the kidnapping, I wonder if any of the information supplied in his first trial will be supressed in the murder trial? This is why the justice system, IMHO, is so seriously flawed! How can stuff like this happen? Do people just forget this scum raped and killed a little girl???? :doh:

(sorry for the rant. Just sticks in my craw!)

When he was found guilty of kidnapping was it at the same time as they found him not guilty of the rape? If so, let the S.O.B. have a new trial. Maybe the next jury won't sit there with their heads up their butts and they will find him guilty on both charges. I believe if he has a new trial won't it be like he never had the first one? They have proof now that Emily was murdered so that could come in to or I would think it could. Maybe the next jury will understand that the only way the pervert could have gotten Emily's bodily fluids on his privates is if he sexually abused her. You don't get it off the toilet seat :banghead: A second jury would have to be smarter then that first one.

Yes, they found him guilty of the kidnapping but not the rape. I 'compromise verdict' I've heard it called. As I understand it if he was found guilty of rape, it could have been the death penalty as she was so young. The jury apparently didn't want to face that sort of decision but the thought he was guilty enough to be put away.

I guess his trial is sometime in October. And they have not found anything more of poor Emily.

Montanagirl said:
Yes, they found him guilty of the kidnapping but not the rape. I 'compromise verdict' I've heard it called. As I understand it if he was found guilty of rape, it could have been the death penalty as she was so young. The jury apparently didn't want to face that sort of decision but the thought he was guilty enough to be put away.

I guess his trial is sometime in October. And they have not found anything more of poor Emily.

Such a sweet little girl. I'm glad that they found enough to get DNA but it would be nice for her parents if they could find more.

I think this killer is just an arrogant *advertiser censored*. If he was smart he would go for a plea but he obviously isn't smart. He won't get a retrial on the kidnapping. He only hopes that he will. I hope the trial is next month. I wish CTV would cover it but lately they don't seem to cover much that is interesting.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*
Back