GUILTY OH - Emily Rimel, 5, Columbus, 7 Dec 2004

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
dulcinea said:
I really hope this is little Emily. I don't think she's still alive after all this time and her family needs this closure. As fas as I am aware, there are no other missing children in this general area. I don't want this to be another child. That would be too sad. One is way too many.

I know how you feel. One is WAY too many.
I don't want to hope that this is Emily either, but........
It would be better to know. Sadly, most of us have
felt all along that she was gone.

When I ran into her grandma that
one time, it was just beyond heartbreaking.... they were (understandably) clinging to the hope that she was alive somewhere.
How I wish that she was. :(
They sure need our prayers.

Love,

Ariel

I am so sorry for all involved. I dio believe everyone knew this would be the outcome. Poor child. Maybe they can get Bruce on murder now?

I am sad for the families loss, however, now they can have closure, not wondering anymore if she may be out there suffering somewhere.

Dex said:
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- A child's skull found Tuesday is that of a missing Madison Township girl, sources told NBC 4.

http://www.nbc4i.com/news/9279482/detail.html?treets=col&tml=col_break&ts=T&tmi=col_break_1_09420205262006
Poor E mily and her poor family. Her mama had hoped it wasn't her. Now, good lord willing, they will prosecute Bruce , find him guilty and take him out of this world. And let's hope th jury has a bit more sense this time. ruce must be sweating about now and maybe wishes he had amde a deal and ended this a year ago!!!!!!!:furious:

Thougts and prayers with Emily and her family. I pray that they find evidence to hang Bruce. So unneccessary.

God be with Emily's family. Emily has been in His arms for a long, long time. No one can ever hurt her again. May Bruce be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

I honestly didn't think I'd live to see the day precious little Emily was found, but I am so so thankful she has been. My heart grieves for the pain and sorrow her family is enduring right now. Although they surely felt she was no longer on this earth, no doubt the grief is as unbearable as if she just passed away today. I know this to be a fact. Although I for many years felt my missing grandfather had long been deceased, the days and weeks after I found him, I bawled like a baby. Although nearly 4 years since finding him, I still feel twinges of sorrow at times, knowing how he died, but I am so thankful the good LORD finally, after 40 years, brought him home to the family that missed him so.
I just pray the good LORD comforts and wraps His arms around little Emily's family as they endure the next few days and weeks and years to come.
As for the creep who took her life, I'll let God be the judge on that, and just pray and believe that He will see that justice is served in the manner that is His will.
He reminds me so much of the idiot that took little Opal Jennings (Texas) life. The creep honestly believed her remains would never be found, that he'd sit in prison a time on kidnapping charges, then turned loose on society to prey on little ones again. But she was found, thank God, and I pray he never sees the light of day again!
To me, the death penalty is just an easy way out for these predators. They should all be locked in a tiny, dark, concrete cell, and remain there until they go totally insane and bash their heads against the wall til' the die.
Either way, the precious one is at rest now, knowing her family has found her. God may she rest in beautiful and blessed peace. Like my grandma always said, "Don't say goodbye, just say "so long". So long, little angel. We'll be seein' ya'.:angel:

Since they only tried Bruce for kidnapping and sexual assault - now that they have found Emily - can they charge him with murder? I would think that they can - since it is a separate charge from kidnapping and sexual assault.

jolayne1963[b said:
Like my grandma always said, "Don't say goodbye, just say "so long". So long, little angel. We'll be seein' ya'.:angel: [/b]
What a beautiful thing to say....thank you for sharing your feelings with us and sharing that line...I will remember it.

cbcrime said:
Since they only tried Bruce for kidnapping and sexual assault - now that they have found Emily - can they charge him with murder? I would think that they can - since it is a separate charge from kidnapping and sexual assault.
I read somewhere they can and are probably planning to do just that. Does Ohio have the DP? I think at the time someone said they did. I really hope they pull out all the stops and get him. He must be going through hell right about now. Good!:mad:

I couldn't agree more! What a beautiful thought and prayer. And although I am a DP supporter, I agree that it's too easy on the SOBs. I'm a bit of anOld Testament gal and believe an eye for an eye is sometimes warranted.

Montanagirl said:
I read somewhere they can and are probably planning to do just that. Does Ohio have the DP? I think at the time someone said they did. I really hope they pull out all the stops and get him. He must be going through hell right about now. Good!:mad:

Yes. Ohio does have the death penalty. Here are the requirements, which have been met in this case:

Ohio. Aggravated murder with at least 1 of 10 aggravating circumstances (O.R.C. secs. 2903.01, 2929.02, and 2929.04).

That is a beautiful saying!! Wow, the poster's here at WS never cease to amaze me. When lurking I feel like I have found kindred spirits. Bless all the children that have been mistreated and lost.

Jeana (DP) said:
Yes. Ohio does have the death penalty. Here are the requirements, which have been met in this case:

Ohio. Aggravated murder with at least 1 of 10 aggravating circumstances (O.R.C. secs. 2903.01, 2929.02, and 2929.04).
Jeana!
Thanks! You have made my day! I had thought so but it's been so long since Bruce was at trial I wasn't sure. I knew one you you super sleuths would know!!!!!:clap:

Jeana (DP) said:

Off topic, is that what DP for is your name?...I always wondered what DP was for.

Why did the rape charges not stick? I read somewhere about possible contamination of the DNA, then I read somewhere else that they had MtDNA which could have been his girlfriends. Hopefully they can retest and compare the DNA found from her skull to the DNA found on Bruce. Kinda irritating though how they pulled DNA from her jacket, but couldn't do this back then. This part is kinda confusing me and ticking me off at the same time....

they could have convicted bruce of her murder back then, but decided not to because of the jury's possible doubt with no body.

:( jolayne1963 -Thank you for the post it says all that I was feeling too.I pray the family will find some closure now.

Had to find the thread again :LOL:

Why did the rape charges not stick? I read somewhere about possible contamination of the DNA, then I read somewhere else that they had MtDNA which could have been his girlfriends. Hopefully they can retest and compare the DNA found from her skull to the DNA found on Bruce. Kinda irritating though how they pulled DNA from her jacket, but couldn't do this back then. This part is kinda confusing me and ticking me off at the same time....

they could have convicted bruce of her murder back then, but decided not to because of the jury's possible doubt with no body.

Jolayne 1963 Thank you for that post. You typed exactly what I have been feeling today!

I hope that monster suffers greatly then dies. She looked like the sweestest little girl who deserved so much better out of life!! May God bless Emily always!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jajanes
Back