GUILTY OH - Emily Rimel, 5, Columbus, 7 Dec 2004

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She's been gone a year today. How fitting that Bruce almost died on the day she was killed (IMO).

:( Thinking of her family tonight...
God be with them...

Stunning news about Bruce, btw...
I would not be surprised if he ends up like:
wagner.

love,

Ariel

Bumping for Emily. I don't want anyone to forget her with all the new horrors that develop every day.

Emily Rimel was the four year old that was taken from her home in Ohio alledgedly by Lindey Bruce, who was tried for both Emily's kidnapping and rape. He was found guilty of kidnapping but not the rape. He was sentenced to 10 years in prison but still maintains his innocence and wont' tell LE what he did with Emily. She has never been found. I don't want anyone to forget about her.

http://www.childseeknetwork.com/oldsite/EmilyRimel.htm

http://www.unsolved-crimes.com/rimel.html

This poor little thing will be remembered

:behindbar they sentenced him for kidnapping but not rape .I couldnt believe my ears when I heard the sentence .
I hope they find her for her family and justice can then be served.

God Bless poor little Emily. So very sad.

xoxoxo

Ang

EMILY ELIZABETH RIMEL
Case Type: Lost, Injured, Missing
DOB: Mar 24, 1999 Sex: Female
Missing Date: Dec 7, 2004 Race: White
Age Now: 6 Height: 3'0" (91 cm)
Missing City: MADISON TOWNSHIP Weight: 48 lbs (22 kg)
Missing State : OH Hair Color: Brown
Missing Country: United States Eye Color: Brown

Case Number: NCMC1003707
Circumstances: The child was last seen at home around midnight on December 7, 2004. At approximately 8 a.m. she was discovered missing and was believed to be in the company of an adult male. This male has since been located but the child's whereabouts remain unknown. The child has a small scar on her left cheek. She was last seen wearing an outfit similar to the one pictured on the right. The outfit consists of purple spandex pants and a light purple sweatshirt with a picture of a ballerina on the front and the word "Cutie" written underneath it. The child's nickname is Emmy.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/rimel_emily.html

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35141

Montanagirl said:
Bump for Emily
I've been thinking about Emily as well. I wish that creep would just tell what he did and give her mom some closure.

if it hasn't already been done, I strongly feel this man took the child to a wooded area. most likely within two miles of her home. if this is his first rape of a child then it is possible that he is considered a disorganized abductor, which indicates that he would have chosen a place close to the crime scene or even areas very near his own residence. " the safe zone " an area he felt safe in. if her dna was found on him, then he can't explain that away, hogwash that he just used the bathroom and got her dna on his genitalia.

purplerose.gif

dannyodie said:
if it hasn't already been done, I strongly feel this man took the child to a wooded area. most likely within two miles of her home. if this is his first rape of a child then it is possible that he is considered a disorganized abductor, which indicates that he would have chosen a place close to the crime scene or even areas very near his own residence. " the safe zone " an area he felt safe in. if her dna was found on him, then he can't explain that away, hogwash that he just used the bathroom and got her dna on his genitalia.
Would you email LE and let them know what you think? I tried to alert them to the fact another poster on another forum had a lot of info the average person wouldn't appear to have, but all I got was a standard "Thank you for your interest..." reply. I feel so strongly that maybe they haven't searched as hard as they might have done. I don't know that for sure and it's JMO.....

"The coroner said that the skull was that of a child, and that it appeared that the creek was not a burial site, but that the skull had likely been carried to the location by the water.

Investigators said it could be weeks before a positive identification is made."

http://www.nbc4i.com/news/9262691/detail.html

On one hand I hope and pray that if this is her, the rest of her remains are found which can finally bring closure to her family and justice. On the other hand it saddens me to have to read such a story.

On a side note I thought long and hard about this one. I don't fully believe that he killed her, I also don't believe she was immediatly dead following what I assume he was guilty of a sexual assault and kidnapping. He has stayed too quiet for too long on this, and I do believe he is covering for someone. If she had been dead, I believe he would have given up more information. If he conciously did not know where she was, then he could have without guilt been able to say "I dont know". For the fact that her DNA was found where it was found and the comment that he made to the family, I dont doubt he has some psychological problems.

From the things I have heard people do, I wouldn't be surprised if she wasn't traded for drugs, which is a harsh thing to say, but I have met some awful druggies in my time. Giving up information like this would not only incriminate himself, but a drug dealer who would retaliate. I also considered the comment on the sex offender. Curious to learn more about that, but we'll see if this skull belonged to poor emily. I pray that someone talks soon, maybe this will put a flame under someones arse who had something to do with it. With all the tv shows airing stuff on forensics, maybe someone might get scared and come forward. Someone knows something...

All of this is just my gut instinct. I was right about the OSU student who was later found in TN who fabrictated his whole story. Still haven't confirmed my thoughts on a lil "travel trist" though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shachio8485
Back