GUILTY OH - Emily Rimel, 5, Columbus, 7 Dec 2004

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It actually begins with a J. If you want to PM me I will tell you which forum it is.

And although I don't like the tone of the posts and responses, they seem to have information I've never seen in the media. For example, according to the inmates that Bruce confessed to, he said he raped and strangled her in her own bed, then wrapped her up in a sheet and threw her out of a moving car somewhere along the road LE had been searching.

The forum posts pointed out that (and sorry if this offends - not intended to) if Bruce had raped Emily in any fashion there would be a lot of blood in her bed and no blood was ever found, either in her room or in Bruce's car. There were no sheets missing from the apartment and nothing missing from her room. The DNA from Emily was taken from a hair and compaired to her mother and father's DNA. The evidence was presented that there was a 1 in 26,000 chance that the DNA found on Bruce was from the "progeny" of her biological mother and father.

That is fairly good odds that it was Emily but the way it was presented in court apparently confused the jury into thinking that it may have been someone else's closely related to either Jane the mother or the father. The prosecution didn't make a strong enough case to convince the jury the DNA was Emily's but they had stong enough circumstantial evidence that Bruce removed emily from the apartment.

And accroding to the posters, the girlfriend of Bruce is somehow closely related to Emily's family. Blood relation actually but no one knows her name or relation to Emily. It was never released on the media, or in any of the reports I read. I don't think she was ever even broght up in court, but the posters made compelling arguements that she is real.

I think that everyone on this forum is concerned for the victims and families of these terrible crimes, but it does seem that certain cases are actively pursued more than others. If there is a chance that Bruce didn't do this or didn't do it alone, I feel compelled to try and figure out who did. Yes the evidence, as meagre as it is, points to Bruce, but the boy friend was there that night and is supposed to be the last person who say Emily alive. Statistically crimes of this nature are committed by people the victim knew. How many times have we found out that the person responsible for the crimes was a boyfriend/step father/ husband/ cousin/father?

I just wanted to know if anyone else has access to court records, LE reports etc that may tell us if anyone else was ever looked at? Was the boyfriend ever given a polygraph? Was the mother? Was Bruce? Did LE only investigate the inmates statement or did they search for her on other tips? Did they get any other tips?

I wanted so much for it to have been Bruce that when the verdict came back I was shocked and then I thought maybe the evidence wasn't as strong as the media made me believe. It took the jury four days to come up with a verdict. It seems to me that the jury struggled with the evidence and maybe even their own consciences to come up with something. I don't think they were stupid, I think they had to do their job and find beyond a reasonable doubt and they just couldn't. Maybe the evidence that he took her was stronger than we ever knew. That's why I want to know what was said in the courtroom.

Montanagirl, if you feel pretty certain about the discussion on the other forum, one thing you can do is to either do a phone tip or email tip to the LE dept. Give them the link and let them look for themselves. LE's are starting to respond to "internet sleuthers" at least as far as looking at the tips, even when they may be initally skeptical.
Most LE's don't have the resources to keep up with all of the forums that discuss the crimes they are working with. So give them a heads up on the discussion, give them the link, and they can then see how it fits with the evidence they have.

I can do that. Thanks. I guess I just always assume it's been done before. I should never assume.

Thanks for the help. I deeply appreciate it.

Personally, I would love to hear how the DNA evidence was presented in court. IMO, DNA evidence is stronger than jail house snitches. His toliet seat explanation was pure garbage. I welcome anyone to find more informantion and present it. I agree that this case needs to be discussed and researched more!

Thank you Usher. Obviously I do too. I sent en email to Groveport LE telling them about the other forum and the posts on it. I hope they think it's pertinent and can figure out who the poster with all the info is. It sounds like they are very close to the story and may even be a member of the Rimel family.

As far as the DNA evidence goes, the posts sounds as if the prosecutor actually mis-read the info out loud in court then went back to correct themselves. Does anyone know who Penny Moore is? She is referred to by name in the other posts.

That was a great idea to email LE and let them read the site and see what they think. I hope they do that. I'm sure that LE can get a court order to get records from the internet...addresses that go with a user name. I think that is how they bust these sex offenders who are looking for young kids.

If Bruce told anyone that he raped and strangled Emily in her bed he is full of crap. I believe he took Emily but he did what he did somewhere other than in her home. He would have to be really stupid...not that he isn't...to do anything to that little girl with the mom's boyfriend right there in the home.

I hope LE does keep moving on this case. I agree that some cases get more attention than others by LE and the Media. If Emily was my little girl I would be LE's worst nightmare if they weren't doing anything to find my little girl.
I would camp out at their offices. They would get so sick of looking up and seeing me that they would get busy just to get rid of me. I would involve the media and newspapers in any way that I could. They would get sick of me too if they wouldn't help me get my daughter's story out there. What is that they say...the squeeky wheel gets the grease? My wheel wouldn't just squeek it would scream.

I know a lot of the time murder is committed by a person close to the victim....Bruce was close to this family. I would imagine they put the boyfriend through the mill when this happened. I just want justice for Emily.

I would like to know what the jury was told about the DNA and the rape. If the Pros messed up then that is a real shame. That person should be looking for a new job in my point of view. Pros can't afford to mess up.

It will be interesting to see what happens next in this case. Maybe a email now and then to LE would help them to see that people want justice for little Emily and that the public is watching. I don't know of anything else to do as I have no contact with anyone at all in that area.

I certainly feel better fro contacting LE. We'll see if they respond - nothing so far. But if they don't I'll try again, and agin, and agin if I need to.

I'm fairly certain that he didn't do anything to her there, and that he took her elsewhere. It has been said that his girl friend's house was close to whee he was sighted by the woman at the convenience store looking for gas. I hate to even think it but wonder if he wanted gas for something other than his car :( .

I'm going to post some of the links I find particularly interesting to jog people's memories and see if anyone else can come up with some new ideas. I don't think we know even half of the story as presented by the media. there has to be so much more out there.

http://www.nbc4i.com/news/4021452/detail.html Who were the five people and what did they say?

http://www.nbc4i.com/news/4969267/detail.html Was Bruce the only one investigated? Were there no other leads? No other pedophiles in the area?

http://www.nbc4i.com/news/4983066/detail.html Why did the jury believe the whole toilet seat thing? Why didn't the prosecution rip that theory up while he was on the stand?

http://www.nbc4i.com/news/4047795/detail.html Why did they think it was Bruce so early when Copley (the BF) admits to being the last one to see Emily? Bruce apparently had the habit of coming and going at will from the Rimel's house.

http://www.nbc4i.com/news/3980331/detail.html Copley took a polygraph but I can't see where it's reported he passed or failed. And Emily's mom is so sure Bruce didn't do it at this tme.

On another forum, it was stated that Bruce has sex with his girl fiend in Emily's bed (although I haven't read that in anu media report) so it may be possible she was there. No one has ever given her a name but if Bruce is guilty, then I bet she knows more than almost anyone besides Bruce. And reports say Emily's DNA was found on Bruce's privates, but no one says what medium the DNA was taken from. Blood, saliva, mucus, skin cells or maybe just a hair from her head? If it was a just hair folicle , he might have picked it up several differnt ways.

It just seems to me that the media and/or LE hasn't been forth coming with much info. I just wonder if the case the Prosecutor built was just too circumstantial. I just want the truth told and emily to be found.

Does anyone know when Bruce is due to be sentenced and whether or not LE is actively looking for Emily?

Does anyone know when Bruce's sentencing will be? I can't find any info. And does anyone know if they're still looking for Emily?

Thank god he got the maximum. Now if they can find her body they can try him for her murder and he gets the DP. That's if Bubba doesn't get him first, which wouldn't break my heart.

In todays mail I received a "Have you Seen Me?" featuring Emily.

She will have been missing a year on December 7th.

Thanks for the bump. But geez, you gave me a heart attack. I thought she had been found!

Bruce was sentenced to 10 years for her kidnapping. And I wonder if LE is looking for her still. I never got a response back from the Groveport LE to my email regarding the other forum and what they were saying about who they thought had killed Emily.

It just makes me so sad that some cases get so much publicity and some don't.

I met Emily's grandma today while shopping.:(
It was such a heartbreaking talk...
Please keep the family in your
thoughts and prayers...especially
at this time. :(

love,
Ariel

Again, a heart flutter hoping that they had found Emily.

That poor family. I can't even begin to imagine the pain they are in. I keep hoping that a hunter out in the woods will find her or Bruce will finally fess up. I pray for her soul every night.

Montanagirl said:
Again, a heart flutter hoping that they had found Emily.

That poor family. I can't even begin to imagine the pain they are in. I keep hoping that a hunter out in the woods will find her or Bruce will finally fess up. I pray for her soul every night.

Sorry Montanagirl,

I know how ya feel...:( but HAD to post this...
Her momma is hurting....what else could we
expect? She is really, really hurting according to
her mom...we were in the Z. Goodwill (I shop
there for Ebay items...) and she mentioned
to the lady ahead of us (whom she knew and
apparently grew up near) that her grandaughter
was the little girl that was missing in Columbus...
I'd seen her face (as I let her get in line ahead
of me) and just kinda KNEW who she was talking
about... but I prayed for the chance to ask
her... I was surprised the other lady said
NOTHING...then again, what does one say
when met with that kind of statement... :(
Finally had my chance and just softly said, Excuse me
mam, I heard you say that your granddaughter was
missing in Columbus and was wondering who she is...
(I prayed that would not sound rude...hope it didn't.)
She said, Emily Rimel. (Emily looked much like her, btw.:( )
We talked for a good bit ...I told her how sorry I was..
how I had prayed and prayed for them all... she
shared some very heartbreaking things with me...
said that her daughter had felt like no one cared
essentially (my paraphrase)... I told her that there
were many who really did... that I did and would
not forget them.. I KNEW that there were many
here that have not and would not forget them either.
So, I just wanted to tell y'all that and ask that
everyone please remember them in prayers....
tis almost been a year.:(
To think, I almost went back home instead of
going to town...

love and prayers,

Ariel

Ariel, Thank god you were there to tell her that we do care and remember them every day. I read some of the reported testimony from the trial and it sounds as if Emily's mother blames herself because she had to choose between going to work and staying at home with emily who had a tummy ache. One ordinary decision that mothers make every day led to Emily's dissappearance. And now her momma has to live with the thought she might have prevented it. Such a tragedy and one that is just so heart breaking.

Montanagirl said:
Ariel, Thank god you were there to tell her that we do care and remember them every day. I read some of the reported testimony from the trial and it sounds as if Emily's mother blames herself because she had to choose between going to work and staying at home with emily who had a tummy ache. One ordinary decision that mothers make every day led to Emily's dissappearance. And now her momma has to live with the thought she might have prevented it. Such a tragedy and one that is just so heart breaking.

:(
So very sad!:(

I neglected to mention above that her grandma asked that we keep
them in prayers.
They sure need it---especially little Emily's momma.

Love,

Ariel

That poor family. I can't even begin to imagine. Now Christmas is around the corner and that is such a hard holiday to get through and it has to be especially hard for those with little ones missing. My heart goes out to Emily's whole family. I pray that Emily is found soon so that her family might find a little bit of peace.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webster23
Back