GUILTY OH - Emily Rimel, 5, Columbus, 7 Dec 2004

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
OH NO! I've waited for word about Emily for so long but didn't want this to be the outcome. Her poor mama and grandma! As trite as ti sounds, now they have closure and if the good lord's willing maybe she will finally have justice and Bruce will get tried with her murder.

Dex I kind of think your story rings true. There were some pretty nasty comments made during the time of the trial on another forum which made it sound as if what ever happened to Emily did not happen at her home. If he had assaulted her there, there would have been more physical evidence (lots of blood it was theorized) and nothing was found. It was also suggested that Bruce's girlfriend (who was some how related to Emily's family) was being protected by Bruce and that Bruce was seen in a convienince store looking for gas in the general area of his girlfriends house. I haven't been able to find any reports in news papers verifying the girlfriend angle but one poster in particular seemed really close to the story and was full of info (but we all know how some people like to embelish). You can PM me and I'll give you the name of the other forum if you're interested. I had hoped that Emily would be found alive after who ever had her was done but I guess this is the usal outcome. Emily was the reason I joined this forum and I feel such a sense of failure for not having helped her. Silly I know.....

Montanagirl said:
Would you email LE and let them know what you think? I tried to alert them to the fact another poster on another forum had a lot of info the average person wouldn't appear to have, but all I got was a standard "Thank you for your interest..." reply. I feel so strongly that maybe they haven't searched as hard as they might have done. I don't know that for sure and it's JMO.....
If you feel this strongly about the information you have, I suggest that you get together all the URLs and webpage names and send them to an investigative reporter at a local newspaper or TV station, or else contact the crimestoppers in your area. Maybe others know of other places you can submit tips.

I actually sent an email to the investigating LE with my thoughts and the URL of the site and got a very polite "Thank you, we'll look into that" and that was it. I just hope now her family get the answers they need.

:( Emily..always remembered.

I suspect, but am not 100% sure, that charging him with murder now would be double jeopardy.

It would not be double jeopardy if he would subsequently be convicted of killing her. As far as the previous post indicated, he was convicted of kidnapping and raping her (as that was not enough!). This SOB deserves the gallows, in my opinion. He could still stand trial for murder as far as I know.:behindbar

Actually, according to this article (http://www.nbc4i.com/news/9267194/detail.html) he was found NOT GUILTY of raping her (stupid jury!)

<SNIP>

"....Detectives said they believed the girl died, but Bruce was not charged with her murder. Bruce was accused of raping her after Rimel's DNA was allegedly found on his genitalia, NBC 4 reported. A jury later found Bruce not guilty on the rape charge...."

lilsister said:
It would not be double jeopardy if he would subsequently be convicted of killing her. As far as the previous post indicated, he was convicted of kidnapping and raping her (as that was not enough!). This SOB deserves the gallows, in my opinion. He could still stand trial for murder as far as I know.:behindbar

Police are closer to identifying the bones found along Big Walnut Creek in southeastern Columbus on Tuesday, NewsChannel5 partner ONN reported.

Detectives believe it is the remains of 5-year-old Emily Rimel, a little girl who disappeared from her home in southwestern Franklin County in 2004.

The Franklin County Coroner confirmed that a human skull was found, and is apparently consistent in size and shape with a 5-year-old.

Investigators said no clothing or jewelry was found at the scene.

The coroner will be conducting DNA testing on Wednesday to see if it's a match to Emily Rimel.

When Rimel disappeared in December 2004, it captured the attention of the state. After 17 months of investigating and searching, police uncovered human remains.

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/9266092/detail.html?subid=22100405&qs=1;bp=t

I really hope this is little Emily. I don't think she's still alive after all this time and her family needs this closure. As fas as I am aware, there are no other missing children in this general area. I don't want this to be another child. That would be too sad. One is way too many.

Divers Search For Body Of Emily Rimel

Police divers searched the Big Walnut Creek Tuesday as part of the search for Emily Rimel, a five-year-old girl, missing two weeks from her home in Madison Township near Columbus.

Meanwhile, the family friend who's been charged with raping Emily Rimel has indicated he's willing to share information about where she might be.

This sick SOB did it and knows it. I still can not believe that jury was stupid enough to buy his story about the toliet seat. I hope he goes on trial for murder and gets the death penalty. :mad:

Please note this article is from Dec. 2004. I am suprised they did not find anything then. I am just so angry over this whole case. I was searching for some new info and did not notice the date. Sorry for the confusion.

Usher737 said:
Divers Search For Body Of Emily Rimel

Police divers searched the Big Walnut Creek Tuesday as part of the search for Emily Rimel, a five-year-old girl, missing two weeks from her home in Madison Township near Columbus.

Meanwhile, the family friend who's been charged with raping Emily Rimel has indicated he's willing to share information about where she might be.

This sick SOB did it and knows it. I still can not believe that jury was stupid enough to buy his story about the toliet seat. I hope he goes on trial for murder and gets the death penalty. :mad:
Hiya Usher, thanks for the info, do you have a link?

Christine2448: I thought that place sounded familiar and found that artictle. I sent my post accidently before finishing it. Sorry it is not a true update. However, it is interesting information.

Usher737 said:
Christine2448: I thought that place sounded familiar and found that artictle. I sent my post accidently before finishing it. Sorry it is not a true update. However, it is interesting information.

OIC...thanks. Very interesting.

Just saw this in the paper!!
:(
Hope the family knows SOON!
Many, many prayers for them.

with love,

Ariel

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online