GUILTY OH - Emily Rimel, 5, Columbus, 7 Dec 2004

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If detectives have found Emily, Bruce will be charged and O'Brien hopes to seek the death penalty.

This is from a newspaper article published on 05-24-06.

Lindsey Bruce qualifies for the death penalty because his victim was under 13 years of age. It would have been hard to convict him of capital murder when the jury could not even agree on the rape. A couple of dim bulbs, obviously:confused:

What was up with them dropping the rape charges tho, was the DNA not emilys?

I honestly didn't think they would ever find this little girl. Is the skull all that was found? It sounds like she must have been dumped in a river or something like that.

Now I hope they can prove who the killer is. This little girl and her family deserve justice. I'm just glad that little Emily was found and that her family will be able to bury her and no that she isn't being used as someone's sex toy or laying outside all alone any longer. It is just heartbreaking.

Maybe now is the time for the dad or stepdad to pay Bruce a visit in prison and try to get the truth out of him even if he has to throw a few lies in there.

The killer will be charged with murder and hopefully with death specs, due to little Emily's age. Lindsey will never be safe in prison or the county jail (when he returns to face the murder charge). He took a little girls life and acted like no one would ever be able to find her and SHE (as in Laci) proved him wrong. I believe there is a SPECIAL place in H_ _ _ for the Lindsey Bruces of our world and so little Emily will never have to see his smug disgusting face again.

They didn't drop the rape charges... the jury found him not guilty - something about how he could have gotten her dna from the toilet (?) Yeah, right... uh, huh... smart jury they had there!

Dex said:
What was up with them dropping the rape charges tho, was the DNA not emilys?

MagicRose99 said:
They didn't drop the rape charges... the jury found him not guilty - something about how he could have gotten her dna from the toilet (?) Yeah, right... uh, huh... smart jury they had there!
That is the first time I have ever heard of someone saying they got DNA from a toilet seat. His lawyer must have convinced the jury that he wiped the toilet seat with his genitals.....Good grief!

I hope he gets the death penalty, he certainly deserves it.:furious:

baleuf said:
The killer will be charged with murder and hopefully with death specs, due to little Emily's age. Lindsey will never be safe in prison or the county jail (when he returns to face the murder charge). He took a little girls life and acted like no one would ever be able to find her and SHE (as in Laci) proved him wrong. I believe there is a SPECIAL place in H_ _ _ for the Lindsey Bruces of our world and so little Emily will never have to see his smug disgusting face again.
Somebody already tried to kill him last winter but only did superficial damage. He was then put into protective custody. Dunno if he still is or not.

Superficial damage? Amateur! He deserves no protective custody. What goes around comes around, as is said. There is a reckoning, I believe.

Opie said:
Superficial damage? Amateur! He deserves no protective custody. What goes around comes around, as is said. There is a reckoning, I believe.
lol. He was attacked while standing in line for lunch with a razor hidden inside of a toothbrush handle. They tried to cut his throat, but, as I said, only cut him superficially.

Heck his dumbass lawyer was probably the one that told him that. Where was CSI when all this was going on. Imagine though since shows like this have aired how hard it is to convice a jury that DNA doesnt come back in 4 hours....I wish them all luck in putting him where he belongs.

i live in ohio 35 miles where emily was taken. i prayed that they would find her, i actually thought that he got away with murder. and he is so cocky or should i say was on tv . I bet he is not smirking now. and yes we do have the dp here and i bet he gets it. the good news is that beast is not going to be out in 10 years much to his dismay iam sure !!!

Did he end up telling LE where to find Emily's body? If not how did they find out where she was? If he told them where she was I hope it wasn't because of some darn plea deal that they gave him like no death penalty.

I would like to have seen the looks of the faces of those jurors when they found out that he did indeed murder Emily and so it only makes sense that her DNA was on his genitals because he raped her. How dumb could those 12 people be anyway. That is as bad as people saying they got some sexually transmitted disease from a toilet seat. Some wives are dumb enough to fall for that one.

I'm just so glad that this little girl has been found and that the killer will pay for what he did. Justice for Emily.

3.gif
...Emily.

Did we ever hear how they happened to find the skull? Did Bruce finally tell them where he left her body or did someone just come across the skull? It's probably to much to hope that he would finally tell them what he had done with her. If so, it was probably only so that he would get a plea deal. This guy doesn't deserve a deal of any kind. Must not have been him that pointed LE in the right direction.

I think he took Emily that night....raped her and murdered her. I don't believe there was ever a girlfriend who could vouch for him on that night. It is still hard for me to believe that this killer was friends with Emily's stepdad for a long time. Her mom and stepdad let this guy live in their home when he probably had no where else to go. Losing their daughter was the thanks that they got. Almost makes a person leery of lending a helping hand.

I'm just waiting to hear that first degree murder charges have been filed. He may sit in prison for another year before he goes to trial but he is going and that is what counts. There WILL be justice for Emily and her family. Not closure because there isn't any such thing but there is justice. Especially if he gets the death penalty and he should. One good thing about the death penalty is that those perverts have to sit in a cell getting one hour a day outside and they can appeal and appeal but the never know when their day is coming. That must cause some anxiety. They know they are going to die but they don't know when. Some states are a lot quicker then others but I like the idea of them never knowing when and boy most of them don't want to die.

Socks said:
Breaks my heart to know they were so close but couldn't find her. Apparently, when Bruce was in jail and they were showing the search for Emily in the creek he told his cell mate they wouldn't find her there because she wasn't in the water. I bet he buried her and the rains washed her skull into the creek. I sure hope they trace back and look again. I would love if they could find the rest of her little body for her mama to give proper rest to.

Montanagirl said:
Breaks my heart to know they were so close but couldn't find her. Apparently, when Bruce was in jail and they were showing the search for Emily in the creek he told his cell mate they wouldn't find her there because she wasn't in the water. I bet he buried her and the rains washed her skull into the creek. I sure hope they trace back and look again. I would love if they could find the rest of her little body for her mama to give proper rest to.
That sick . How he destroyed this family and then sits so smug behind bars knowing he still held power.

:behindbar

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*
Back