OH - Gina DeJesus, 14, Cleveland, 2 April 2004

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
gardenmom said:
I just found this thread after reading in another area about this. I also wondered if it is related to Amanda Berry. One thing I wanted to add, just because its interesting to me is that I used to live on this street when I was a kid. I lived at 3214 west 50th. This was 28 years ago since we moved, so this guy wouldn't have been around, but still weird reading about it. I was hoping they would show a picture of his house to see if it looked familiar. I had many friends on this street, and the street is several blocks long. I remember they all had detatched garages, and ours had a dirt floor. We also had a huge basement with kind of a crawl space in the wall. I remember my brother having to crawl in there for something and he still has nightmares about it and spiders and he is 44! We also had an attic that was converted into a family room. They are very large houses. My point is, lots of potential places to hide a body. If anyone finds a pic of this house please post it and PM me so I can look. Thanks.
here is a link to show a picture of the house, view it asap since the news paper updates regularly so don't know how long the link will be active for the pictures, there are others available at that same link. http://www.wkyc.com/news/gallery/PhotoGallery.aspx?storyid=57166

I haven't been able to check out local TV coverage, but I just read where they did not find anything in the person's garage. Here's the newspaper link:
http://www.cleveland.com/cuyahoga/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/cuyahoga/115900066337770.xml&coll=2

The garage is either new or newly sided from appearances. One of the reports on tv said that the cement had been laid for the garage and driveway after Gina's disappearance and onlookers were upset that the entire driveway wasn't taken up.

The tip supposedly came from Hurayt's brother a few weeks ago when HE was arrested for robbing a jewelry store. He told LE that he had heard both his brother and McDonough talking about killing Gina. LE didn't act on it immediately as they were checking things out.

I hope she's alive somewhere and can walk through her family's door someday.

I just checked the Plain Dealer online. After 10 hours of searching the Police found no sign of Gina.the paper said her family is relieved.I also feel this is tied in with the disappearance of Amanda Berry,almost the same spot.Oh I pray for a miracle.

Nore said:
I just checked the Plain Dealer online. After 10 hours of searching the Police found no sign of Gina.the paper said her family is relieved.I also feel this is tied in with the disappearance of Amanda Berry,almost the same spot.Oh I pray for a miracle.
What's strange is that I heard (couldn't watch-in another room) someone say that LE had already checked out Hurayt previously because he had showed up in the background at (I'm pretty sure they said) Amanda's vigils and nobody knew who he was. I could be wrong and maybe he was showing up at Gina's vigils, but I thought for sure I heard Amanda's. By the time I got to the tv, that little part was over. I don't even remember what channel it was, as I had just flipped back and forth to get the latest that day.

The Cleve. Police Chief said they are certainly going to go back to their tipster and press charges if this indeed turns out to be totally false.

My heart breaks for their families and what they must go through on a daily basis.

"Gina DeJesus questionable evidence found"
video at: http://www.woio.com/ videos on left side of page

paraphrasing video: "Police found 2 white shoes in the attic with suspected blood spatter and in the same area a bookbag. Also found suspected stains in a bedroom under a carpeting and on a wall." Follow up tests are being done.

I read in previous comments that Gina's shoes were reported as powder blue Phat Farm shoes.

I really hoped they would find something, her poor parents. I was at the house of a friend of mine Friday night and she was 1 of Gina's teachers and one of the last people to see her when she left school that day. She was very involved in the early on investigation. A few other teachers were over as well and they were scouring the internet for any information on the guys that were arrested. They were really hoping this was a big break and it's just sickening that there can be a house full of sexual predators.

LucyVino said:
I really hoped they would find something, her poor parents. I was at the house of a friend of mine Friday night and she was 1 of Gina's teachers and one of the last people to see her when she left school that day. She was very involved in the early on investigation. A few other teachers were over as well and they were scouring the internet for any information on the guys that were arrested. They were really hoping this was a big break and it's just sickening that there can be a house full of sexual predators.
Supposedly the other people in the home were not all sexual offenders, although they had been in jail for one reason or another. Sunday's Plain Dealer reported that most were moving out because everyone thought that they were sexual predators. I think he charged them $90/week to stay there and had 4 rentals. It's no wonder his house and garage looked really nice and updated.

Hurayt also had cameras EVERYWHERE on his property. It wouldn't surprise me if he had (maybe hidden) cameras inside as well. I guess LE would have found those though.

He wasn't well-liked in the neighborhood before all this, and I suspect it will just be worse now. He's still a creep in my books.

:) Thats ok Taximom just thought I must of missed something..

Taximom said:
Oh, I'm sorry for that. The pessimist in me posted that. No body has been found that I know of. News doesn't come on till 4 here and I have to leave again.

LucyVino said:
-----------------

Yes my heart goes out to both families.Amanda and Gina.Zip code 44102 is loaded with predators.

Assistant County Prosecutor Jennifer Driscoll said a police dog trained to alert officers to the scent of cadavers "indicated" in three locations at Hurayt's West 50th Street home on Friday that a dead body may have been present at one time.

Two of the locations where the dog sat, the indicator used to alert police, were in Hurayt's garage, where an informant told investigators Hurayt had buried the girl's body beneath a freshly poured concrete floor. Investigators tore up the floor in the garage and under a doghouse.

The dog also alerted to a location in the house, Driscoll said.

Police arrested Hurayt, 35, a registered sexual predator, on Thursday based on the informant's tip. But investigators who dug up the garage floor and searched the house didn't find a body or any physical evidence of the 14-year-old girl, who has been missing since April 2004. Nineteen items removed from the house will be investigated further, Driscoll said.

more at link:

http://www.cleveland.com/news/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/cuyahoga/1159259433149000.xml&coll=2

anyone know if they searched the attic space of that home? and possibly even a chimmney. how about inside walls and so on? strange that the dogs hit on certain areas in and outside the home. could he have dug a hole 8 or 10 feet deep inside the garage?

I know they broke through a cement wall in the basement, and I think the shoes and backpack were found in the attic.

Taximom said:
I know they broke through a cement wall in the basement, and I think the shoes and backpack were found in the attic.
I may have missed some of the articles that were put out. but are you saying that the shoes and back pack that were found are articles that belonged to gina? or maybe even articles that belonged to amanda? I wonder about the other people of that home, what areas are they from? would be interesting to find out if any of them had access to remote areas such as a farm and so on.

I'll post the links I've read a little later but Hurayt made it his business to take in people released from jail as renters. A husband and wife lived in his basement, for example.

Most of them said they were leaving because "their reputations had been ruined" by the most recent events as they said they weren't sex offenders.

Seems to me like LE would have a lot to look at as far as the backgrounds of everyone that has lived in Hurayt's home all these years.

Tests are being done on the shoes (supposed blood spatter) and the backpack hasn't been identified as far as I've heard.

http://www.woio.com/Global/story.asp?S=5595121

Cleveland, OH - There is new information surrounding a "person of interest" in the disappearance of west side teenager Gina DeJesus.
Matthew Hurayt was arrested and now facing a slew of charges including arson, insurance fraud, forgery, felony assault and abduction.

(Not many more details about these crimes at that url)

Gina is such a pretty girl. I wonder what happened to her? Another girl walking home from school and vanishing into thin air just like Amber Harris.

I wonder what made someone think that Gina was buried under a cement floor in the garage? Was that guy going to bury her there but moved her before he poured the cement? That is a possibility. I wonder how far they dug down into the dirt under the cement? He might have dug down pretty far if he left her there. I also wonder if LE took the dogs back after the cement was busted up to see what they would do then.

No news about everything that LE took to have tested out of the attic?

Bobbisangel said:
Gina is such a pretty girl. I wonder what happened to her? Another girl walking home from school and vanishing into thin air just like Amber Harris.

I wonder what made someone think that Gina was buried under a cement floor in the garage? Was that guy going to bury her there but moved her before he poured the cement? That is a possibility. I wonder how far they dug down into the dirt under the cement? He might have dug down pretty far if he left her there. I also wonder if LE took the dogs back after the cement was busted up to see what they would do then.

No news about everything that LE took to have tested out of the attic?
-------------

Hi Bobbisangel, I believe they did check the cement area very well. There has been nothing new on these cases at all.Our WalMart store still has pictures up of both girls.That area is so close to Lake Erie, hope they didn't wind up in there.I have always had the feeling both girls were abducted by the same person.I seem to remember reading the articles fom the attic proved to be nothing..I keep praying they do get the slimeball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy