OH OH - Harley Dilly, 14, enroute to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well with that update I have more hope that he is safe and alive somewhere. At least, I hope he is warm and safe and alive, maybe with a new/different friend this time that they haven't talked to yet?

Then again, the press conference/article linked above mentioned that although no signs point to abduction, they aren't totally ruling it out. Hoping that is not the case, but in the past, it sounds like he only would leave for one night if he got angry? And it's been almost a week since he was last seen? I'm a bit worried.

Port Clinton PD completes 150-acre search for missing teen, process begins for national alert | wtol.com

From this link; his parents had to call LE over a dispute about an electronic device being taken away.
His phone ?

Not blaming the parents as it sounds like they were actively parenting him.
It's scary that he's not hanging out (or hiding) with friends; who've been spoken to by LE.
How is he keeping warm and eating ?
Since there's no mention of him having his phone w/him and trying to find Harley via pings -- assuming that LE have his phone ?
Does he have any SM accounts where he told his friends where he'd go if he fled ?

Community members are also planning to hold a candlelight vigil for Dilly. That is scheduled for 5 p.m. on Sunday (Dec. 29) at Lakeview Park (1100 E Perry St.) in Port Clinton.

Port Clinton PD find no evidence of abduction, active search of 150 acres begins for missing teen
From the link above:

Police continue to search with the assumption that Harley is alive. Officers are using live-find dogs as well as cadaver dogs to aid in their search.

Well, that's a bit contradictory.

It sounds like he had some issues. I don't think this is going to turn out well.

Five days is a long time to stay with a friend. As a parent I would question a child staying over for 5 days without some contact with their parent. And now with it all over the news, I would hope any parent sheltering this young man would call LE.

We've had very mild weather here in Michigan for the last five days compared to normal but it still gets below freezing at night. Has Ohio been similar? If so, I'm worried about exposure.

Authorities weigh next steps for investigation of missing Port Clinton teen

SABBM:

Port Clinton Police Chief Rob Hickman said at a news conference he would meet with other officials Thursday night about how to continue the investigation.

His department conducted the search alongside two helicopters from the Ohio State Highway Patrol and the United States Border and Customs Protection, the Ottawa County Sheriff’s Office, Port Clinton Fire and EMS, the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation, U.S. Marshals, a dozen K-9 teams, and about 75 people.

Leanna Beaver, 25, of Port Clinton said she’s friends with a sister of the Dilly youth, who she said lives in Kansas and is concerned about the situation.

“I know he’s a troubled kid,” Ms. Beaver said. “I know his home life isn’t the best.”

The chief declined to answer questions from media about the youth’s mental or developmental states, but he indicated it is not unusual for the teen to leave and spend a night away from home when he is upset about something that happened in the house.
The chief said he may have been upset about having a piece of electronics taken away from him.

“In the past, when they have a conflict in the residence, Harley will go away for the night,” Chief Hickman said.

If HD has a cell phone, LE will be tracking his digital footprints to see who he's been in contact with in the days/hours leading up to his disappearance.

Signs definitely point to HD having left voluntarily, but his state of mind is a huge concern, as are his youth and physical vulnerability.

While the article says he's taken off overnight before when he's upset, it doesn't sound like he's ever left home for this length of time before, so in that respect, this disappearance is uncharacteristic for him.
That's worrisome.

Best case scenario: he's hunkered down, hiding out a friend's house.
It's hard to envision that his friends and their parents would still continue to harbor him given the local publicity this case has received recently, though.

Hopefully, HD will reach out and make contact with a family member and/or LE.

Concerned that there've been no reported sightings of him and no one has come forward to say they've heard from him since that morning.

While HD left voluntarily, there's nothing to say that he's remained missing voluntarily.
He's young, and small for his age. He appears to be vulnerable on a number of fronts.
While LE did not address his mental and/or developmental state, they used certain phrases that certainly indicate there may be some mental health issues compounding the seriousness of this situation.

I'm wondering what the last verbal exchange he had with his mom was that day after she made him go to school despite him saying he wasn't feeling well.

Definitely worried about the wellbeing of this kid.

JMO.

Last edited:
Five days is a long time to stay with a friend. As a parent I would question a child staying over for 5 days without some contact with their parent. And now with it all over the news, I would hope any parent sheltering this young man would call LE.

We've had very mild weather here in Michigan for the last five days compared to normal but it still gets below freezing at night. Has Ohio been similar? If so, I'm worried about exposure.
BBM
Especially over Christmas...

I haven't heard anything about his SM presence. A little digging and I found he had 2 YT channels that he posted on quite regularly and 5 days before he went missing. Has LE indicated if they were investigating contacts he made on SM? He seemed to play on platforms where he would have teammates and live streamed giving access to random viewers. If he lost access to be able to post to his channel because an electronic device was taken away, could cause him anger/depression. I watched a few of his vids and I noticed he posted using his school's computer and seemed he was using the school's student email account. If he did not have access to his device at home, he may have used the school's resources to reach out to someone days prior to him missing. I hope LE are looking into the possibility that someone may have preyed on him, offered him "friendship" and snatched him up. Some of his vids posted had content of him not properly dressed and he gave a lot of personal info that could be used by unscrupulous actors. IMO, if he's not been located yet in this small community, he's probably not there. And if he's not there, someone had to help him leave or made him leave. This is definitely not a good situation for this 14 YO kid.

I hope they are able to find this young man safe. I'm concerned for this guy.

This is a local one for me. I’ve been following closely since Friday and I’m baffled by the ongoing “mistakes” in reporting and the pressers.

He’s been listed as different ages (both 13 and 14) and different heights. The time he left / went missing / it was reported by his parents has changed several times.

The chief is contradicting himself in pressers today. In one he says Harley has gone missing overnight before and in this Most recent one UPDATE: Port Clinton Police find new lead during 75-man search for missing 14-year-old boy he says no history of Harley running away that he’s aware of.

Also, there are A LOT of social media accounts for this kiddo. Several IGs, twitters, YouTube’s, Snapchat’s and discord’s . I’m kinda surprised this angle isn’t even being mentioned (the possibility that he could have met someone online).

Super frustrating.

Attachments

• 70AD6333-4352-460B-9D3F-87AA85C459E4.jpeg
    70AD6333-4352-460B-9D3F-87AA85C459E4.jpeg
    93.2 KB · Views: 83
Another possibility is that he hitchhiked out of the area, even though he looks so young. A 17 year old girl in my town did this and ended up living with a family of strangers hundreds of miles away in another state! After three months she contacted her Dad in another state, and went to live with him instead of Mom and stepdad. I don’t know how she persuaded that family to take her in, but they did.

Circumstances surrounding her disappearance caused her Dad to fear she had been abducted and killed. She missed Christmas with her little brother and sister. But he was proactive and set up a FB page about her and posted to her on it almost every day to let her know it was OK to come home. Several vigils were held and publicized. It turned out that she was aware of all this activity on her behalf and it helped her decide to call her Dad. Maybe an idea for Harley’s family to try.

Going back to this article...
Port Clinton PD completes 150-acre search for missing teen, process begins for national alert

“Hickman said there have been previous calls to the residence for police. Harley's father reportedly reached out to law enforcement around one month ago, following a disagreement about an electronic device being taken away. Officers were called to help calm Harley down.

When asked if Harley had run away before, Hickman stated that his typical behavior is that if something is wrong, he will leave for the night. He has a few friends in town that he stays with and officers have talked to those friends.

Harley also has a sister who lives out of state. Authorities have talked to her and her home has been searched. They have found no evidence that he has made it to his sister's or that he was even trying to get there.”
BBM (edited to add)

Sort of explains the lack of urgency when he didn’t come home the first night. It also gives a better picture of the poor kids mental state. Being 13/14 sucked.
I wonder if the school called? My school would had an automatic voicemail sent out to the parent/guardians house if the child had an unexcused absence.

UPDATE: Port Clinton Police find new lead during 75-man search for missing 14-year-old boy

However, Hickman would not discuss the new lead with the media.

Harley, if you’re out there, you’re not in trouble. Please call us. Go home, so we know you’re safe,” Hickman said. “I can’t believe a child’s been missing for six days, and nobody’s seen him.”

Police say they’ve searched Dilly’s social media accounts and computer.

Everyone just wants Dilly to come home safely and to know he is not in trouble.

“Harley everybody loves you and wants you to come home," Holcomb said to Dilly. “We miss you. It’s time to come home.”

If anyone has information regarding Dilly’s disappearance, they’re urged to call Port Clinton Police at 419-734-3121.

CC 10% due to TOS/WS

In many ways Harley reminds me of Robert "Bonzai" Bee. The comments of a friend of his sister are concerning to me (see message #47 above). While I'm trying to be hopeful that Harley is safe and warm someplace, another day has passed without him being found. Please come home Harley!

Wondering if the new lead will be addressed at the PC......

Could the added Calvery of Authorities

Mean something was found on his internet?
Do
US MARSHALL'S have possible target location?

Hoping for positive outcome. He is rescued. Time is precious.
Where are you Harley?

This is fairly local to me. It is my understanding from local reports that he disappeared walking to school in the morning. He did NOT make it to school. My concern is that he is small for his age and if he was taken (I pray to God that's not true) they could have thought he was much younger than he is. Lake Erie's shoreline borders Port Clinton, there is a lot of water. PC is a relatively small town and pretty quiet in the winter. In the summer, it's a big tourist attraction with the Lake and Put-in-Bay area. I am SO concerned for this boy. If Harley's family is on here...was he depressed? Wanting to runaway? Problems? Bullying? Anything?
This was always a fear for my stepson. He was always shorter for his age so there was worry that people would think he was younger than he was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cecilgoodroe