OH OH - Harley Dilly, 14, walking to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone with more experience than
I might be able to comment on whether sniffer dogs would have been used to corroborate his last movements i.e. follow that trail down where the last image was supposed to have been taken?
I know they mentioned the dogs had been inside the house, but not outside?

I am going to list all articles I find that talk abt the use of cadaver dogs in the HD case.

Sandusky Register

Missing Person from Ohio (Missing person from Ohio page FB...getting these from Google search I am NOT logged into SM and this is quoting press conf.)

Timeline of what's happened since Harley Dilly went missing ( First timeline hiccup Mom said last time see was 3p @ school on the 20th of Dec via SM post, LE corrected that to 7a on the 20th later on)

Reward rises to more than $17K for information on missing teen Harley Dilly (seems this one has all press conf's as well as update from today regarding the school)

I am going to list all articles I find that talk abt the use of cadaver dogs in the HD case.

Sandusky Register
12/27
Missing Person from Ohio (Missing person from Ohio page FB...getting these from Google search I am NOT logged into SM and this is quoting press conf.)

Timeline of what's happened since Harley Dilly went missing ( First timeline hiccup Mom said last time see was 3p @ school on the 20th of Dec via SM post, LE corrected that to 7a on the 20th later on)

Reward rises to more than $17K for information on missing teen Harley Dilly (seems this one has all press conf's as well as update from today regarding the school)

Sandusky Register

Sandusky Register
12/27
Hickman said officers from the U.S. Marshal’s office, the State Patrol, the sheriff’s office, Port Clinton fire and EMS and the police department along with agents from the U.S. Border Patrol were in the area near the school and elsewhere searching for Harley. About 12 dogs also are being used in the search, including cadaver dogs, Hickman said.

Timeline of what's happened since Harley Dilly went missing

Dec. 26

Authorities say they had a 150-acre area to search Thursday, Dec. 26. Members of local, state and federal agencies were called in to assist in the search. Around a dozen K-9 teams, multiple drones and two helicopters were used to look for the teen. The search was called off for the night around 5:30 p.m.

Investigators say there was no sign of a struggle in the family's home. They also sent a cadaver dog into the house, but police say it did not find anything unusual.

Last edited:
We have had an unusually mild winter this year. I doubt Lake Erie has any ice. And water levels are higher than is usually, too.

I wouldn’t be surprised if LE is defending the parents as a cover to keep them talking. They could also still have questions/doubts about the family situation. It would not be the first time they did that. Just saying it is a possibility.

It's possible. I'd love it if they were totally on top of this case the whole time!

It just "feels" like we are on the wrong page because nothing makes sense.

Quite frankly it doesn't even feel like we have the correct BOOK.
There is just something here that I can't quite put my finger on, that makes it even more disturbing.

Sandusky Register

Sandusky Register
12/27
Hickman said officers from the U.S. Marshal’s office, the State Patrol, the sheriff’s office, Port Clinton fire and EMS and the police department along with agents from the U.S. Border Patrol were in the area near the school and elsewhere searching for Harley. About 12 dogs also are being used in the search, including cadaver dogs, Hickman said.

Timeline of what's happened since Harley Dilly went missing

Dec. 26

Authorities say they had a 150-acre area to search Thursday, Dec. 26. Members of local, state and federal agencies were called in to assist in the search. Around a dozen K-9 teams, multiple drones and two helicopters were used to look for the teen. The search was called off for the night around 5:30 p.m.

Investigators say there was no sign of a struggle in the family's home. They also sent a cadaver dog into the house, but police say it did not find anything unusual.

They run cadaver dogs inside the house to rule out the family as suspects, OR to make sure that nothing happened inside the house that caused a deceased body to be inside the house. Should there be a deceased body inside the home then there would be a LOT of questions to answer. Usually when they have the dogs inside the home they have the dog go around the yard as well just to rule things out, it depends on WHO is handling the dog. I believe they are treating the family with kid gloves considering the Grandfather is former/retired LE. BUT, that's just MPO (my personal opinion)

It's possible. I'd love it if they were totally on top of this case the whole time!

Quite frankly it doesn't even feel like we have the correct BOOK.
There is just something here that I can't quite put my finger on, that makes it even more disturbing.

I WILL SAY THIS FIRST.....I AM NOT SAYING THERE IS ANYONE TO BLAME AND I AM NOT POINTING FINGERS...THIS IS MY OWN PERSONAL OPINION......

ok...with that said....I PERSONALLY FEEL that all of this feels OFF because LE is giving the public the run around because HD's family is considered one of their own for one. The Grandfather is former/retired LE. ALSO, they have a file on HD that considers him an "unruly youth/juvenile" so that ALSO adds to the lax in their attention to detail. They see the family as being a Former Cop's relatives for one, they also see that they have had MULTIPLE calls to this residence in the past in regards to this child and it's just another poor kid that is slipping through the cracks.

HD has put a LOT on SM, we know that. BUT, we also know that he has stated his mental health on SM at times and how he has felt abt his home situation. There are a LOT of ODD things that are speculation currently in regards to the day he disappeared. LE hasn't even looked into the dad's place of employment, they had a fire the day that HD disappeared, what time was that fire?? For all we know HD could have set it tryin to get his dad in trouble. We know they had issues with each other at times. We know HD was angry with his parents abt the phone being taken away. His dad's garbage truck was at the house that day, that's not normal, did anyone ask him why he had it at home?? Just wondering, not making an accusation.

I know how LE is when it comes to their own members...current and former....they are REALLY protective and try to be secretive AND they will attempt to cover up things IF they need to....THAT is from my own personal experience....Try living in a town where a cops kid got in trouble for Cattle Russlin with a few others and see who DOESN'T go to jail.

Can someone remind me? Which night was the night his mom was doing something online and Harley was hungry so she told him to eat the donuts she had bought him? Was that Wednesday or Thursday night?

That was a Facebook live, Wednesday evening, December 18th at approximately 7:30pm. I watched most of the video, it was 2+ hours long.

Mom did the FB live selling her leggings online to friends and you can hear mom talking to Harley about an hour into the video. She asks Harley (by name) to bring her something from the other room. He says “I’m hungry” She said “I picked up donuts for you at Dunkins earlier” he said “What kind?” Mom answered “Plain”. Then a few minutes later you can hear Harley saying something in the background (inaudible) and mom said “Harley’s making popcorn..I’m hungry..”

JMO

Last edited:
I heard that ring cameras etc. only pick up when someone approaches the house, not when someone walks by on a side walk.

It depends on the range that you have the Ring doorbell camera set. I have the range on my Ring set to pick up any movement in my front yard, driveway and the front porch but not far enough out to pick up movement on the street.

But at least once or twice a day it does alert, picking up kids walking down the street going to and from the nearby Middle School.

JMO

Last edited:
The parents knew he didn't come home, but apparently weren't worried that they didn't know where he was or expect to hear from him because they had his phone. If this was a pattern, I wonder where he usually went away when he didn't go home? In one of the Chief's first comments he said:

This is the not the first time Harley has left home. At the time of his disappearance, Harley’s phone had been taken away by his parents, which may have upset him.

“In the past, when [he and his family] have a conflict in the residence, Harley will go away for the night,” Hickman said, adding that Harley’s parents didn’t worry about not hearing from him until the following day because they had his phone.

Ohio Boy, 14, Hasn't Been Seen Since He Left for School a Week

I remember reading if stayed

over at a friend's house he would come home in morning to shower and then go back.

It would be interesting to know when & how his phone broke. Did it just happen to malfunction, was it broken Friday morning in an argument or was it broken Thursday night whilst he was away from home.

It would be interesting to know when & how his phone broke. Did it just happen to malfunction, was it broken Friday morning in an argument or was it broken Thursday night whilst he was away from home.

That depends on who is telling the story!. It cant be discussed here but IMO if you were to peruse certain other places you might find Harleys explanation out there somewhere,but I'm just guessing!!

So I'm following what is said here on this case and in FB on this case. It's funny because I have found out a few things from here that isn't in the HD missing page. I do know this; this case is one helleva rabbit hole. I'm trying to watch what I am saying because I don't wanna break any rules....I'm new to WS and trying to keep up it's been so much speculation and....it's sad when people Cannot come together and agree on one thing without a huge fight and that is ..... HD needs to come home

I’m very behind this morning and trying to read carefully all the posts I have missed since last night. I’m sincerely asking members that believe specific posts aren’t compliant with TOS to simply 1. report 2. roll and 3. scroll. Attempting to moderate this thread ourselves is not appropriate or helpful. Harley is still missing and we are all very concerned. We all want and need this thread to remain open. Arguing about the rules is the quickest way to get this thread shut down. Then what? Please be mindful we are all adults, do understand the rules and have the right to our own informed opinion. Important points of consideration and questions are being put forth. Let’s try to work together. I appreciate all the new locals that have joined to participate as they have critical information, details and points of view that many of us are interested in.

So I'm following what is said here on this case and in FB on this case. It's funny because I have found out a few things from here that isn't in the HD missing page. I do know this; this case is one helleva rabbit hole. I'm trying to watch what I am saying because I don't wanna break any rules....I'm new to WS and trying to keep up it's been so much speculation and....it's sad when people Cannot come together and agree on one thing without a huge fight and that is ..... HD needs to come home

Welcome to Websleuths @GamerGirl91 !

MOO, it occurred to me that maybe the chief's comments about harley having a special diet, needing to bath frequently, and being around the home a lot were things the parents told him and he might be tossing them out to the public to see if any folks who know harley might call in and say stuff like, whenever he was over here he smelled like he had not taken a bath in 3 or 4 days, or, harley would eat whatever was put in front of him, was always hungry and ate a lot of candy and junk food, or, he was here a couple hours maybe 2 or 3 days a week. maybe chief is trying to get a feeling for the credibility of what he is being told by the parents. there's usually a reason why LE makes certain statements in pressers and i was thinking maybe he's looking for feedback on his statements. MOO

It depends on the range that you have the Ring doorbell camera set. I have the range on my Ring set to pick up any movement in my front yard, driveway and the front porch but not far enough out to pick up movement on the street.

But at least once or twice a day it does alert, picking up kids walking down the street going to and from the nearby Middle School.

JMO
It also depends upon the height of the bell. My front porch is 6' above the ground, so its range is skewed by that. I get a clear view of the street in front of my property. I had to turn off the motion alerts to my phone because every time a car would drive down the street I would get an alert.

From something that was said in an early presser it is my impression that the Ring video was from the sober living house next door.

I’m very behind this morning and trying to read carefully all the posts I have missed since last night. I’m sincerely asking members that believe specific posts aren’t compliant with TOS to simply 1. report 2. roll and 3. scroll. Attempting to moderate this thread ourselves is not appropriate or helpful. Harley is still missing and we are all very concerned. We all want and need this thread to remain open. Arguing about the rules is the quickest way to get this thread shut down. Then what? Please be mindful we are all adults, do understand the rules and have the right to our own informed opinion. Important points of consideration and questions are being put forth. Let’s try to work together. I appreciate all the new locals that have joined to participate as they have critical information, details and points of view that many of us are interested in.
I could not have said this better. Complaining and or questioning TOS isn’t helpful in finding Harley.

I see cropped images of the supposed surveillance video. Cropping an image will leave out pertinent details. I found this image on the news5cleveland website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces