OH OH - Harley Dilly, 14, walking to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is possible that the madden video could have been overlooked because it was very long, had virtually no audio, & contained mostly in interesting gaming things. The only msg I saw typed was the drip-stalker one. MOO and I did ff through a lot of it.
I tend to agree that it was overlooked because now that this tip was reported, the video is disabled.

I tend to agree that it was overlooked because now that this tip was reported, the video is disabled.

It’s just disabled from being embedded on other sites for whatever reason. The video is still fully there and watchable.

Video unavailable
Watch this video on YouTube.
Playback on other websites has been disabled by the video owner.

A positive change has now been made in our household. My daughter has now deleted all vids posted and the app TikTok is removed and blocked from our devices. Though gd’s vids are completely innocent with no red flags, not everyone’s are. I’ve told anyone who will listen about this little boy and my concerns for all kids. Harley has made a difference in our lives.

15 apps parents should look out for on their kids' phones
  • The first is 'MeetMe,' an app where teens can easily be in contact with users much older than them, with an emphasis on dating.
  • 'WhatsApp' and 'SnapChat' are for messaging, but what you should know is teens can send unlimited messages, have video chats and even share their live location with other users, people they may not even know.
  • 'Skout' is a flirting app that's used to meet and chat with new people. Teens and adults are in different groups, but ages aren’t verified.
  • 'TikTok' is used for sharing user created videos that can contain bad words, even adult content.
  • 'Badoo' and 'Bumble' are dating apps for adults, but teens can still find ways to join.
  • 'Grindr' is geared towards the LGBTQ community. It allows users to share photos and meet up based on phone’s GPS location.
  • 'Kik' is specifically for kids, but anyone can join and anyone can contact or direct message your child.
  • 'LiveMe' is a live streaming app, but you don’t know who’s watching and your kids location is revealed.
  • 'Holla' is all about connecting strangers around the world through video chat. Enough said.
  • 'Whisper' is a social confessional where kids can remain anonymous, but still share their feelings. And it can reveal your child’s location for a meet up.
  • 'ASKfm' encourages people to allow anonymous users to ask them questions, which opens the door for online bullying.
  • 'Hot or Not' rates users on attractiveness.. There’s no age verification and users can send each other messages.
  • And lastly, 'Calculator%' apps are several secret apps that allows kids to hide their photos, videos, even browser history.
Good Job!

One of my concerns about Harley is that has used his real name and location when he has created SM accounts. That is a predators dream. Over the years with students, and my own children, while they were growing up, I constantly stressed the following rules:
1. Use an alias when creating an ID; never use your real name, location, or age.
2. If a site requests a location, Lie, put in a big city, preferably not near you.
3. Always keep IRL (in real life) separate from OLL (on line life).
4. If you use an app let me check to see if they track your IP. If they do then it is a way for users to find your location. We will get rid of that app.

When I woke up this morning I received an email from my youngest son, whom is now 30. I had to smile because he is still using his gmail account that we created when he was 13, which uses his alias that he created for all online accounts. I am proud of that one.

Good Job!

One of my concerns about Harley is that has used his real name and location when he has created SM accounts. That is a predators dream. Over the years with students, and my own children, while they were growing up, I constantly stressed the following rules:
1. Use an alias when creating an ID; never use your real name, location, or age.
2. If a site requests a location, Lie, put in a big city, preferably not near you.
4. If you use an app let me check to see if they track your IP. If they do then it is a way for users to find your location. We will get rid of that app.

When I woke up this morning I received an email from my youngest son, whom is now 30. I had to smile because he is still using his gmail account that we created when he was 13, which uses his alias that he created for all online accounts. I am proud of that one.
This excellent advice goes for adults too!

Good Job!

probably some good advice for some. but even with fake identities and fake locations i'm thinking it's just giving someone who does that a somewhat false sense of security. and the IP thing is relatively dependent on who the service provider is and where in the network that providers DHCP server that you get your IP from is located. for instance i live near tucson yet just about every time i'm assigned an IP address it's from a server in phoenix using an IP block address registered to the phoenix area. also since about 1988 when i started using USENET, one of the messaging forerunners to the internet and then starting in ~1994 with internet i've used my name. so that's 32 years between the two. i get the teaching kids to be safe but i somewhat view adults hiding behind fake whatever as somewhat paranoid. it's sorta like they never really want to make contact. but i realize we do live in a super paranoid world and this fake everything is just a symptom of it. but i think most people hiding behind the fake everything don't understand the fakeness is not really much security.

Port Clinton police say they need search for missing teen to ‘continue uninterrupted’

Police are still requesting the public not conduct searches on their own.......

Was so hoping to read some good news while catching up. I am literally reading while waiting for paint to dry.

I always worry more about predators near holidays, especially Christmas. There seems to be something about holidays that makes it more difficult for sicko's to refrain. How many cases have we seen near Christmas? Lots over the years. Especially those of us who have been here for years and years.

Now, I am just hoping he is found.

A positive change has now been made in our household. My daughter has now deleted all vids posted and the app TikTok is removed and blocked from our devices. Though gd’s vids are completely innocent with no red flags, not everyone’s are. I’ve told anyone who will listen about this little boy and my concerns for all kids. Harley has made a difference in our lives.

• The first is 'MeetMe,' an app where teens can easily be in contact with users much older than them, with an emphasis on dating.
  • 'WhatsApp' and 'SnapChat' are for messaging, but what you should know is teens can send unlimited messages, have video chats and even share their live location with other users, people they may not even know.
  • 'Skout' is a flirting app that's used to meet and chat with new people. Teens and adults are in different groups, but ages aren’t verified.
  • 'TikTok' is used for sharing user created videos that can contain bad words, even adult content.
  • 'Badoo' and 'Bumble' are dating apps for adults, but teens can still find ways to join.
  • 'Grindr' is geared towards the LGBTQ community. It allows users to share photos and meet up based on phone’s GPS location.
  • 'Kik' is specifically for kids, but anyone can join and anyone can contact or direct message your child.
  • 'LiveMe' is a live streaming app, but you don’t know who’s watching and your kids location is revealed.
  • 'Holla' is all about connecting strangers around the world through video chat. Enough said.
  • 'Whisper' is a social confessional where kids can remain anonymous, but still share their feelings. And it can reveal your child’s location for a meet up.
  • 'ASKfm' encourages people to allow anonymous users to ask them questions, which opens the door for online bullying.
  • 'Hot or Not' rates users on attractiveness.. There’s no age verification and users can send each other messages.
  • And lastly, 'Calculator%' apps are several secret apps that allows kids to hide their photos, videos, even browser history.
Good Lord it's a smorgasbord for predators. Just the username drip is disturbing. (Makes me think they need to get to the clinic right quick) someone like that ,Hurl insults,while also being enamored,and admiring.
I would seriously check the library out. Past,and present. Could be where the drip originated. It's a hotspot for that type.
MOO

Ok, apparently the term drip is currently used in lieu of swag.
OdinAnswers
See, now, my first thought about the word drip was someone wanting IV drugs to get high.

I hope LE checked into that whole Reddit thread but I’m going to be honest. I don’t think a child predator using Discord/Reddit is going to out themselves in a chat that is still visible. They’re far more sneaky then that.

This kind of talk is *really* common among teens on these apps. They talk trash to each other 100x worse than this.

I've just had a really bad thought about this case.What if Harley was posting somewhere on the dark web, like 4Chan or one of those type platforms?

That is exactly my thought. *IF* Harley went missing from internet contact that’s where it likely stemmed from IMO.

Do we know if the FBI have been assisting at all? Are there any similar cases of young males disappearing in Harley’s age group in recent years?

Theres a case recently in a neighboring town of a 17 yo boy that went missing and was found dead. Officials ruled it a suicide but the family is fighting that real hard (Seems to have good reason to question that ruling)

Damian Henning (not sure if he has a thread here)

Body found in Toledo believed to be missing 17-year-old Norwalk boy

MOO re the dark web: Could be. Maybe drip is known to HD from the dark web also. And that is why HD questions, "How did you find me here?" Also, I get teenage trash-talking. But HD calling someone out as a stalker and saying he came to his house is concerning & doesn't seem like trash-talking.

I've just had a really bad thought about this case.

What if Harley was posting somewhere on the dark web, like 4Chan or one of those type platforms?
I hadn't even thought of that angle. Ughhhhhh. I do wonder what he was doing when he got kicked out of the library,and think he could have unwittingly caught the attention of a predator there.
MOO

BBM:

I absolutely love this post!

So much so, in fact, that I've bolded every word of it for emphasis.

Wish all parents were like your daughter.

If they were, online predators would be oob.

There's a reason it's called the net and/or the web.

It's alluring, and it can easily entrap young, unwitting victims.

Best practice for parents is to keep their kids out of it.

Period.

JMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics