OH OH - Harley Dilly, 14, walking to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to point out that Harley didn’t have a “huge” online presence. It was actually very small. He was on a lot of platforms but minimal posts / interactions.

When all this started his videos had at most 25 views and he had a handful of regular followers / 100 subscribers.

Eliminating any online predator on the “normal” apps specifically should have been fairly easy for LE.

If Harley was on the dark web it may have been much more difficult to follow his trail.

Actually his online presence is pretty typical for a 14 year old. Since the FBI are involved with this case they would be utilizing their access to databases that track known predators, or accounts that are known to possibly be problematic. By now they would have scoured his online presence. Also, they probably would have utilized the BAU to profile the victim. This may be where law enforcement is focusing at this point.

The chances of him being on the dark web are pretty slim. People on the dark web are not looking to be famous on gaming sites, nor are they looking for followers. Their interests are pretty nefarious and they sure don't want attention. Harley seems to be a lonely little boy that wants to be famous for being a great gamer. But even then his gaming interests were pretty limited. They were limited to games he could play on his phone.

That video was from over a year ago. He was in middle school then also, now in high school. He may not even have a "mentor" anymore.
The mentor was the Vice Principal, the "only person he could trust" as per one of his video's and I believe he is now at a school in Springfield. That's why I asked if it was possible that he kept in contact with this individual and at least let him know he was safe and not tell where he was.

Actually his online presence is pretty typical for a 14 year old. Since the FBI are involved with this case they would be utilizing their access to databases that track known predators, or accounts that are known to possibly be problematic. By now they would have scoured his online presence.

As a parent of a child the same age in this specific area it is * not at all* a typical online presence. Most of the kids have hundreds closer to thousands.

Which may be why Harley seems desperate in the videos for more followers. Followers = social capital in high schools today. :(

Not saying that’s good thing but the possibility is that Harley didn’t have local social support with peers OR he could have been only adding (or only allowed to add) people he was real life friends with. And that could provide some insight as to what could have happened.

The mentor was the Vice Principal, the "only person he could trust" as per one of his video's and I believe he is now at a school in Springfield. That's why I asked if it was possible that he kept in contact with this individual and at least let him know he was safe and not tell where he was.

He is at the high school in PC. The school district has a mentoring program that serves all students in the school district (per the District's website).

I don't know if adults need this same type of anonymity; however, it is good practice for children and teens.
oh, it's a start. but in my readings and talks with security advisors the most flagrant problem mentioned is pictures. people love exchanging pictures no matter if the ID is a real name or a fake ID. it could be a picture of a dog or a rose, it's not the image. it's the data attached to the image. metadata or EXIF to be precise. quite a few people don't realize that alot of cellphone cameras embed GPS co-ordinates in the EXIF unless the setting is disabled.

As a parent of a child the same age in this specific area it is * not at all* a typical online presence. Most of the kids have hundreds closer to thousands.

Which may be why Harley seems desperate in the videos for more followers. Followers = social capital in high schools today. :(

Not saying that’s good thing but the possibility is that Harley didn’t have local social support with peers OR he could have been only adding (or only allowed to add) people he was real life friends with. And that could provide some insight as to what could have happened.

True. I have a 14 year old grandson and he is more preoccupied with Fort Night, than anything. My grandson has a Facebook account; however, he is only allowed to add family and friends from school. Since I was the one that helped him create his Facebook, I have his login and can monitor his activity. His account is also not public to the world.

For our locals, has the mood changed around town? What do the local people think of LE and searches and what not? Are people worried about their kids safety?

I’m not a local, but from reading the Port Clinton community page today, locals there are saying that they’re worried for their children’s safety. They’re hoping the police chief will make a statement with the kids returning back to school tomorrow.

JMO

Last edited:
For our locals, has the mood changed around town? What do the local people think of LE and searches and what not? Are people worried about their kids safety?

This is my opinion only . I think the town would come together more if Chief didn’t keep saying that we aren’t allowed to search and that Harley ran away. That’s causing people to take a “mind your business” and “he’ll come back” attitude.

The LivePD thing last night saying he was possibly meeting someone that took him has people more concerned for their own kids now.

It was 18 degrees with snow on the ground when he left his home and he was last seen wearing a thin sweater, sweatpants and a thin "puffy" coat, police said.

All of which "leads us to believe he wasn’t planning on being outside for an extended amount of time," Timmons said. "He was going to meet with somebody, somebody we haven’t identified yet."

The 14-year-old also has a "big social media presence" with accounts on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Reddit. There has been no activity on those accounts since his disappearance.
Surveillance shows last known image of missing Ohio 14-year-old Harley Dilly: Police

Surveillance shows last known image of missing Ohio 14-year-old Harley Dilly: Police

SABBM:

Police provided new background information on a Port Clinton, Ohio, 14-year-old who has been missing since the morning of Dec. 20.

A surveillance image believed to be Harley Dilly crossing the street in front of his house is the last known sighting of the teenager, said Detective Ronald Timmons with the Port Clinton Police Department on Saturday night, during an appearance on "Live PD on A&E."

It is out of character for Harley to just disappear, Timmons confirmed. The teen has a very specific schedule eating certain foods, bathing several times a day and typically "stays around his home," Timmons said.

I mentioned this before. In one of the videos, Harley mentions his "mentor".

Who's his mentor?

In some schools an older student is assigned to show younger or new students the ropes. 8th grade middle schoolers are usually assigned to a HS junior or senior from freshman orientation through as long as they require as they transition into HS.

SABBM:

Police provided new background information on a Port Clinton, Ohio, 14-year-old who has been missing since the morning of Dec. 20.

A surveillance image believed to be Harley Dilly crossing the street in front of his house is the last known sighting of the teenager, said Detective Ronald Timmons with the Port Clinton Police Department on Saturday night, during an appearance on "Live PD on A&E."

It is out of character for Harley to just disappear, Timmons confirmed. The teen has a very specific schedule eating certain foods, bathing several times a day and typically "stays around his home," Timmons said.

If he has a specific schedule and "stays around his home" why was he reported missing on the night of Dec 21 . There is no waiting period to report someone missing.

It was 18 degrees with snow on the ground when he left his home and he was last seen wearing a thin sweater, sweatpants and a thin "puffy" coat, police said.

All of which "leads us to believe he wasn’t planning on being outside for an extended amount of time," Timmons said. "He was going to meet with somebody, somebody we haven’t identified yet."

The 14-year-old also has a "big social media presence" with accounts on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Reddit. There has been no activity on those accounts since his disappearance.
Maybe it's not the usual suspects/s. What the mom said in the news interview, about getting search warrants really got my interest. I don't think she was talking warrants ,or for herher husband. They have already for obvious reasons been subject to all kinds of searches,and scrutany short of a South Park Style probe. What if it's someone no one would suspect, someone that holds a position of power,and trust. Someone that can fly under the radar because they don't have a record?

That >40 hour lag time b/t when he supposedly left for school Friday morning and when his parents reported him missing late on Saturday night is deeply troubling, especially given the fact that per HD's mom, he had complained of not feeling well.

I don't know of many moms who wouldn't get worried if their son who had complained of feeling unwell didn't ever show up home from school.

To say his parents ain't making anybody's shortlist for Mother/Father of the Year is putting it kindly.

I really wish a reporter would ask LE if either of the parents attempted to contact any of HD's friends to track him down b/t Friday afternoon and Saturday night before they called LE.

If not, that's dreadful.

Self-harm, foul play by person(s) known to HD, HD meeting up with someone that Friday morning, all are possible scenarios here.

The fact that there have been no sightings of him since that morning doesn't bode well, whatever the reason for his disappearance.

JMO.

Last edited:
In some schools an older student is assigned to show younger or new students the ropes. 8th grade middle schoolers are usually assigned to a HS junior or senior from freshman orientation through as long as they require as they transition into HS.

The school district in Port Clinton has an active recruitment for adults to volunteer with their Mentoring program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SouthernSleuthLady