OH OH - Harley Dilly, 14, walking to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
probably some good advice for some. but even with fake identities and fake locations i'm thinking it's just giving someone who does that a somewhat false sense of security. and the IP thing is relatively dependent on who the service provider is and where in the network that providers DHCP server that you get your IP from is located. for instance i live near tucson yet just about every time i'm assigned an IP address it's from a server in phoenix using an IP block address registered to the phoenix area. also since about 1988 when i started using USENET, one of the messaging forerunners to the internet and then starting in ~1994 with internet i've used my name. so that's 32 years between the two. i get the teaching kids to be safe but i somewhat view adults hiding behind fake whatever as somewhat paranoid. it's sorta like they never really want to make contact. but i realize we do live in a super paranoid world and this fake everything is just a symptom of it. but i think most people hiding behind the fake everything don't understand the fakeness is not really much security.

I don't know if adults need this same type of anonymity; however, it is good practice for children and teens.

With school starting tomorrow I was hoping Chief Hickman would have included a “use caution” or “there’s no threat” in his statement this morning.

I’m very surprised this hasn’t happened as I’m sure the residents are concerned if there’s some child snatcher running around. Weird.

I hadn't even thought of that angle. Ughhhhhh. I do wonder what he was doing when he got kicked out of the library,and think he could have unwittingly caught the attention of a predator there.
MOO

If HD was permanently banned from the library as he claimed, odds are it was either for inappropriate use of their public computers or for creating some kind of public disturbance/acting out behavior in the library.

Given his huge online presence, I think it's likely the former.

I think it's entirely possible he went to the public library to use their computers any time he was restricted from using his electronic devices at home or when he didn't want his parents to be able to monitor his online activities.

JMO.

I think it's highly unlikely a predator is going to comment on a public thread. I find that idea ridiculous. Like not even watching Dateline or Forensic Files or CSI, the average criminal knows better than that.

I think it's highly unlikely a predator is going to comment on a public thread. I find that idea ridiculous. Like not even watching Dateline or Forensic Files or CSI, the average criminal knows better than that.
You'd be surprised. There was a case here on WS that the perp was commenting on. I am sure some other veterans will remember it. I believe it was a murder of a man that I think won the lottery.

With school starting tomorrow I was hoping Chief Hickman would have included a “use caution” or “there’s no threat” in his statement this morning.

I’m very surprised this hasn’t happened as I’m sure the residents are concerned if there’s some child snatcher running around. Weird.

Yep, me too. Just some more copying and pasting.

I’m wondering if Harley was actually coming home from a friends house early that Friday morning to get cleaned up and ready for school and the house was locked and he couldn’t get in? He didn’t have a phone so he couldn’t call.
Maybe that’s when he was picked up on neighbors video leaving his house at 6am to go somewhere else to get warm?

JMO

One thing that popped into my head. We know he has gone overnight when his phone has been taken away. But he always comes back. He doesn't trust many people, Leary of LEO. So if they think he met up with someone who would he trust. Who is in his inner world. If he did veer from his normal route to school. Who does he trust and rely on outside of family? Who would he go to if he doesn't have his phone? Other than the friend's house he was at? Who would he turn to? Confide in?

You'd be surprised. There was a case here on WS that the perp was commenting on. I am sure some other veterans will remember it. I believe it was a murder of a man that I think won the lottery.

That was the Abraham Shakespeare case. And yes, the person who was ultimately convicted of his murder was posting here at WS.

A positive change has now been made in our household. My daughter has now deleted all vids posted and the app TikTok is removed and blocked from our devices. Though gd’s vids are completely innocent with no red flags, not everyone’s are. I’ve told anyone who will listen about this little boy and my concerns for all kids. Harley has made a difference in our lives.

15 apps parents should look out for on their kids' phones
  • The first is 'MeetMe,' an app where teens can easily be in contact with users much older than them, with an emphasis on dating.
  • 'WhatsApp' and 'SnapChat' are for messaging, but what you should know is teens can send unlimited messages, have video chats and even share their live location with other users, people they may not even know.
  • 'Skout' is a flirting app that's used to meet and chat with new people. Teens and adults are in different groups, but ages aren’t verified.
  • 'TikTok' is used for sharing user created videos that can contain bad words, even adult content.
  • 'Badoo' and 'Bumble' are dating apps for adults, but teens can still find ways to join.
  • 'Grindr' is geared towards the LGBTQ community. It allows users to share photos and meet up based on phone’s GPS location.
  • 'Kik' is specifically for kids, but anyone can join and anyone can contact or direct message your child.
  • 'LiveMe' is a live streaming app, but you don’t know who’s watching and your kids location is revealed.
  • 'Holla' is all about connecting strangers around the world through video chat. Enough said.
  • 'Whisper' is a social confessional where kids can remain anonymous, but still share their feelings. And it can reveal your child’s location for a meet up.
  • 'ASKfm' encourages people to allow anonymous users to ask them questions, which opens the door for online bullying.
  • 'Hot or Not' rates users on attractiveness.. There’s no age verification and users can send each other messages.
  • And lastly, 'Calculator%' apps are several secret apps that allows kids to hide their photos, videos, even browser history.

IDK how many other people have heard this, but in my area the nickname for Snapchat is snatch chat due to the content that has been known to be sent through this app when it first started when people believed that it was "deleted". When it was first introduced it was introduced as the app that you could discreetly message others and then that message would be gone forever after the person it was sent to viewed it. A lot of people found out the hard way that was not true. SO, a LOT of parents were put on alert about this app with in months of it coming out.

KIK- for a little bit I myself had this app because I had a friend from school that was on it and she and I were able to talk rather then call each other. Then I had a lot of random idiots message me. I wasn't sure just how they got the info, but some of the things they asked were beyond cringe worthy.

I'm a grown woman and some of these things made my skin crawl. I had never deleted an app so fast after telling my friend I was gonna do so. There are settings you can personalize it to where you have more control over it, but it doesn't tell you that when you install it. Does a 14 y/o know that? Will they take the time to do that when they are just wanting someone to talk to because their home life (as it can seem per videos) sucks? If he was wanting to reach out to his fan base then he might not edit the settings either.

With all that is in me I hope that HD is safe. This little man deserves so much better than what he has been through and experienced so far. Especially his parents putting his bathroom habits on blast to the nation

If HD was permanently banned from the library as he claimed, odds are it was either for inappropriate use of their public computers or for creating some kind of public disturbance/acting out behavior in the library.

Given his huge online presence, I think it's likely the former.

I think it's entirely possible he went to the public library to use their computers any time he was restricted from using his electronic devices at home or when he didn't want his parents to be able to monitor his online activities.

JMO.

I just want to point out that Harley didn’t have a “huge” online presence. It was actually very small. He was on a lot of platforms but minimal posts / interactions.

When all this started his videos had at most 25 views and he had a handful of regular followers / 100 subscribers.

Eliminating any online predator on the “normal” apps specifically should have been fairly easy for LE.

If Harley was on the dark web it may have been much more difficult to follow his trail.

Is it possible that since it's been this long and they are still asking the public to "give them time before starting their own search" that they might have an idea as to what's going on or where he went? It seems odd to have so little information this far into it and NOT allowing the public to do a search to assist.

There’s a difference in interjecting yourself after a crime and outting yourself prior to committing it though.

In the last thread I asked how many people noticed his Grandfather referred to HD in the PAST tensed. "My Grandson HAD issues and he WASN'T a perfect boy but he WAS a good boy and he LOVED his mother and he LOVED his family"
Could the Grandfather believe that HD is deceased or know more than they let on?? Just wondering because in most missing cases during the vigil it would be
"My Grandson HAS issues and he ISN'T a perfect boy but he IS a good boy and he LOVES his mother and he LOVES his family"

The post is in the last thread #1497 and the Video is on that one with the time stamp listed of when the Grandfather starts talking. But, that bothers me for some reason. The verbiage used when talking about HD. IDK why but it doesn't sit right with me. JMHO

So we are not allowed to sleuth drip2saucy?

Per WS TOS, we are not allowed to sleuth anyone here on the site other than HD as LE has not named anyone a POI/suspect in his disappearance.

Rules - Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

RSABBM:

Not Allowed

Social media pages that fall in the following categories are OFF LIMITS.

Family members of either a victim or a suspect
Friends of either a victim or a suspect
Most any other individual

Don't link to these pages, nor make reference to information you find on them.

Any exception must first be approved by an administrator. You can contact an administrator via private message, or send an email to websleuthscomments@gmail.com

JMO.

Last edited:
One thing that popped into my head. We know he has gone overnight when his phone has been taken away. But he always comes back. He doesn't trust many people, Leary of LEO. So if they think he met up with someone who would he trust. Who is in his inner world. If he did veer from his normal route to school. Who does he trust and rely on outside of family? Who would he go to if he doesn't have his phone? Other than the friend's house he was at? Who would he turn to? Confide in?
Also who has a recent spike in water usage? I would def want to look into meter readings. Get warrants for that.
MOO

A couple of things after catching up from last thread:

Maybe LE are so confident the video is of him because it catches him actually coming out of the house?

also, the comment about him meeting up with someone. I took it more as that is one of the conclusions they have come to based on all of the information they have.. not that they actually have proof or know for sure that’s what he was doing. More like “he left early not dressed for the weather, he must have been planning to meet someone”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member