OH OH - Harley Dilly, 14, walking to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For our locals, has the mood changed around town? What do the local people think of LE and searches and what not? Are people worried about their kids safety?

Similar to the internet's perspective: suspicion. That the whole story isn't being shared. That it's odd there is such a lack of urgency. The shattered sense of safety normally felt in a small community .

I'm honestly more worried that Harley reached a breaking point and did something drastic than I am that some awful person who happened to find his completely random social media account tracked down and kidnapped a 14 year old off the street in front of his house in broad daylight. Not that such a thing doesn't happen, it does, but statistically, that seems the less likely scenario. Losing his phone, being cut off from social media where he seemed to get a lot of his validation, the issues with his parents, not wanting to go to school because he was "sick", it all just points to a kid who is in a very fragile place. I have a 13 year old, and it just guts me to think about, but they are so emotional at this age and everything is a *huge* deal that seems insurmountable to them, and that's really my worry here. This long, with no contact, no trace of him popping up on social media, nothing...I hope I'm very wrong, and he has just run away and will be found safe or return on his own.

I agree that he was in a vulnerable state. Add to all this that his friend’s parents made him leave. This was his safe place.

I'm finding it extremely hard to not be extremely frustrated with LE. I understand there is probably a lot going on behind the scenes. But from the vast amount of entirely conflicting statements from LE themselves, the false promise to hold a PC everyday until Harley is found, not asking for security footage way earlier, the bs "just give us a few more days!" day after day, no new information in weeks, the copy and paste "updates"... I'm....mad.

They don't owe us anything, I know, I know. But ugh, the frustration.

YouTube does protect predators, they remove comments and monetization of channels that have children (like family vlogs) because they don’t want people to make inappropriate comments but won’t touch inappropriate videos children are posting of themselves (13 year old showing off bikinis so her followers can vote or an adult male rating his 12-16 year old followers hot or not) or going after users who are commenting.
So even if someone was saying things on his channel I doubt they would even report it.

Amateur speculation ***

You are correct there. Take a look at the channel "Have a seat with Chris Hansen" he's been going for over a MONTH on a predator that has been grooming young ladies and it's gross. The person is a YOUTUBER and he's disgusting IMO. Youtube could have pulled him from the platform because he has posted videos that are NOT appropriate (he has one that shows you can watch *advertiser censored* on the screen of a tesla), and KIDS have access to this!!!
The standards of Youtube have gone downhill over the years. They now have it where you have to mark if it's a video that's kid appropriate or not, but how would that stop anyone? If someone lied about their age to get on the platform they have access. The longer this goes on the more worried I get about HD.

This bothered me too,and even more so since I learned the Grandfather is a retired cop,so he really should know better(I do concede that under the pressure of his grandson being missing he may not be thinking straight).

That's true he might not have been thinking straight, but idk just moo it doesn't sit right with me. Also, he's the only one that seems emotional (from the family) during the vigil. The camera was on the Mom for a bit and it looked like she rolled her eyes, but that could just be what I saw.

In this video, he says its 34 degrees and is wearing a light hoodie type jacket.

It was 34 out and he was walking and yet his Mom was gonna start taking him to school. The day he went MIA it was 18, why was this child walking?? I live the same distance from the school where I live (4 blocks) and when it got below freezing (32) I had a ride to school so I didn't get frostbite or sick on my way to school. Also there could have been ice on the sidewalk and that is asking for you to fall and injure yourself. Just what ya need on your way to school, fall and bust your *advertiser censored* or your face on the pavement

It was 34 out and he was walking and yet his Mom was gonna start taking him to school. The day he went MIA it was 18, why was this child walking?? I live the same distance from the school where I live (4 blocks) and when it got below freezing (32) I had a ride to school so I didn't get frostbite or sick on my way to school. Also there could have been ice on the sidewalk and that is asking for you to fall and injure yourself. Just what ya need on your way to school, fall and bust your *advertiser censored* or your face on the pavement

I see absolutely no problem with a child walking to school, especially when it is literally 4 blocks away. Plenty of us did it, plenty of kids still do it. Plenty of parents work and can't drop off their kids. Plenty of people get where they have to go everyday without slipping on sidewalks. He isn't going to get frostbite on a 10 minute walk. JMO

This bothered me too,and even more so since I learned the Grandfather is a retired cop,so he really should know better(I do concede that under the pressure of his grandson being missing he may not be thinking straight).
Or, his subconscious is speaking and telegraphing he believes his grandson has passed.
I refuse to give in to that line of thinking despite the signs that strongly point to that. I’m still counting on Harley to find his way back home.

I’m rooting for you Harley! Now time to let the world know you are ok!

amateur opinion and speculation

This is one video he has (Harley Dilly original channel) that keeps drawing me back.

I keep praying this is NOT the route that HD took. I know things can seem worse than they are to a 14 y/o and everything they are exposed to online makes them more and more aware of suicide and the individuals that commit it. Some even in the community that they are in on Youtube. Keeping my prayers going for HD. Praying he knows just how many people care about him and his safety

I see absolutely no problem with a child walking to school, especially when it is literally 4 blocks away. Plenty of us did it, plenty of kids still do it. Plenty of parents work and can't drop off their kids. Plenty of people get where they have to go everyday without slipping on sidewalks. JMO
Agree 100%.
That being said, there are a long list of indicators that suggest Harley might flourish in a different home setting. MOO.

You are correct there. Take a look at the channel "Have a seat with Chris Hansen" he's been going for over a MONTH on a predator that has been grooming young ladies and it's gross. The person is a YOUTUBER and he's disgusting IMO. Youtube could have pulled him from the platform because he has posted videos that are NOT appropriate (he has one that shows you can watch *advertiser censored* on the screen of a tesla), and KIDS have access to this!!!
The standards of Youtube have gone downhill over the years. They now have it where you have to mark if it's a video that's kid appropriate or not, but how would that stop anyone? If someone lied about their age to get on the platform they have access. The longer this goes on the more worried I get about HD.
Not sure about the *advertiser censored* video but I know Chris Hansen has discussed the Youtuber mentioned before with a young woman on his channel so maybe the same.
YouTube standards could be protecting someone in this case MOO. The protected data could be key here.

I want to make a comment about locals and “weather appropriate clothing”.

Um. We eat snow for breakfast 4-5 months a year. What’s cold to many isn’t cold to us. I just ran out a moment ago to do errands in a light but breezy sweater, slip on shoes and jeans. Kinda wish I went with boots to keep my feet warmer but otherwise I wasn’t cold and it’s currently 30 degrees F. My son is often in shorts and a long sleeve tee or hoodie lately.

We’ll start bundling up when it gets well below freezing or if it’s windy. Other than that I’d be impressed if we even have a jacket and not just a t-shirt under a sweatshirt.

Which is why the way Harley was dressed being indicative of anything is weird to me. Especially a teen boy. They just throw things on and regret it later. Lol

I'm finding it extremely hard to not be extremely frustrated with LE. I understand there is probably a lot going on behind the scenes. But from the vast amount of entirely conflicting statements from LE themselves, the false promise to hold a PC everyday until Harley is found, not asking for security footage way earlier, the bs "just give us a few more days!" day after day, no new information in weeks, the copy and paste "updates"... I'm....mad.

They don't owe us anything, I know, I know. But ugh, the frustration.

Sandusky Register

Hickman said he will no longer hold in-person press conferences daily, but from now on will only release new information on the Port Clinton police Facebook page, where speculation about what happened to Harley has been rampant and shared across social media platforms.

“This shift in briefing allows us to continue to focus resources on the case and should not be construed otherwise,” he said.

Hickman said if there’s a “major” development in the case, he’ll schedule another press conference.

This is one video he has (Harley Dilly original channel) that keeps drawing me back.

I keep praying this is NOT the route that HD took. I know things can seem worse than they are to a 14 y/o and everything they are exposed to online makes them more and more aware of suicide and the individuals that commit it. Some even in the community that they are in on Youtube. Keeping my prayers going for HD. Praying he knows just how many people care about him and his safety
Harley seemed mature and somber in his response to a fellow youtubers suicide. This post does not concern me based on the maturity of his post.

Agree 100%.
That being said, there are a long list of indicators that suggest Harley might flourish in a different home setting. MOO.

The parents have made mistakes, we know this. But from someone who grew up in foster care, it is absolutely the opposite of conducive to letting kids flourish. The outcomes are horrific for foster children - less than 3% will earn a degree, 20+% end up homeless, 5-10x more likely to end up in prison, etc. Harley clearly loved his home and his mom, he was stressed when he had to stay at his aunt and uncle's for even a week when his mom had a medical emergency. It is nothing personal to your comment whatsoever, I just really wish people would stop promoting the narrative that Harley should be taken away without understanding the extreme trauma removal and foster care truly entails and the extreme cases it should be reserved for. Children are abused in foster homes too, especially in group homes you likely end up in when you're a teenage boy like Harley with a juvenile record.

JMO

Last edited:
Sandusky Register

Hickman said he will no longer hold in-person press conferences daily, but from now on will only release new information on the Port Clinton police Facebook page, where speculation about what happened to Harley has been rampant and shared across social media platforms.

“This shift in briefing allows us to continue to focus resources on the case and should not be construed otherwise,” he said.

Hickman said if there’s a “major” development in the case, he’ll schedule another press conference.

Again, I am aware. It doesn't make the 5-10 times he promised he would hold a press conference EVERYDAY until Harley was found before saying that any less frustrating. Watch the original press conferences. It was repeated over and over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cecilgoodroe