OH OH - Harley Dilly, 14, walking to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have mulled over the very early facts of the case, specifically the wanting to stay over at the friend's home and then trying to get out of attending school, and IMOO of course, feel he likely met with an accident/fatal exposure along the railroad tracks or the water around Port Clinton in the morning after leaving the home. I hope I'm wrong and that he is alive and not being harmed.

You know some times when you answer a question and you are like “I didn’t realize how bad that sounds until I said it?”

That’s how I’m feeling after answering about the levels of searching and the refusal to allow grid searching.

MOO My gut says they know they aren’t looking for Harley alive. Otherwise it makes NO sense to not have grid searched very early on. :(

I think they are waiting for a certain unsub (to quote Criminal Minds), to confess.

You know some times when you answer a question and you are like “I didn’t realize how bad that sounds until I said it?”

That’s how I’m feeling after answering about the levels of searching and the refusal to allow grid searching.

MOO My gut says they know they aren’t looking for Harley alive. Otherwise it makes NO sense to not have grid searched very early on. :(
For some reason I would have to agree, then again maybe it was the presence of cadaver dogs that they have had in the searches that they have shown. YES, I am aware that they have K-9's that search for living individuals, but if I remember correctly the dogs were identified as cadaver dogs.

Also, was the fire at the dad's place of employment looked into on the day Harley went missing? Did they also search his garbage truck? Asking because it could be a "hiding" place for a small teen boy. Not accusing anyone of anything. I am just saying that it's been known for kids to hide in weird places and yes garbage trucks have been a place they have hidden and it wasn't discovered until it was to late.

A few examples:

Teenager hiding in garbage can crushed to death by trash truck
https://www.nydailynews.com › news › world › teen-hiding-garbage-crush...

Apr 8, 2013

Two teenagers lucky to be alive after hiding in dumpster which ...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk › news › article-7425333 › Two-teenagers-luc...

Sep 3, 2019

Teen Safe After Hiding In Compactor Truck - CBS News

https://www.cbsnews.com › news › teen-safe-after-hiding-in-compactor-tru...

Nov 5, 2008

If HD's dad's truck was at home and it wasn't normally there, then that would be one way for him to skip school. I know I didn't put links you could click on, I was putting the titles of the articles, and the dates to show examples.

Does anyone know all the names HD went by online that have been discovered? Do we have a list posted yet? I have seen several YT, Reddit, and Twitter handles, but weren't more discovered?

TY. Could be valuable to monitor them just in case he posts again (if alive).
Edit: Spelling

For some reason I would have to agree, then again maybe it was the presence of cadaver dogs that they have had in the searches

Also, was the fire at the dad's place of employment looked into on the day Harley went missing? Did they also search his garbage truck?

The fire and the truck would not have been checked when REPORTED missing due to the 41 hour gap from "last seen until his parents decided to report HD missing. Truck and fire was Friday 12/20 and reported missing was 12/21 close to midnight. Just my thoughts....

Last edited:
Not sure why my last post is like that but I responded and it's in the click to expand part...sorry not that tech savy.

not a problem and I only put the partials on the articles the way I did to validate what I was saying. Didn't want it to look like I was accusing anyone and also was showing proof of the incidents I was speaking of actually occurring. I'm used to ppl IRL telling me I pull things from thin air so if I am able to show validity of something I do so.

As for the fire etc you would think that they would look into everything considering the last time that they saw HD but that's just MOO

not a problem and I only put the partials on the articles the way I did to validate what I was saying. Didn't want it to look like I was accusing anyone and also was showing proof of the incidents I was speaking of actually occurring. I'm used to ppl IRL telling me I pull things from thin air so if I am able to show validity of something I do so.

As for the fire etc you would think that they would look into everything considering the last time that they saw HD but that's just MOO

You would think...but nothing has made sense in this case so far. Just a lot of misleading information and gaps in timeline. Just upsetting. All my thoughts however.

Does anyone know all the names HD went by online that have been discovered? Do we have a list posted yet? I have seen several YT, Reddit, and Twitter handles, but weren't more discovered?

TY. Could be valuable to monitor them just in case he posts again (if alive).
Edit: Spelling

His youtube is Harley Dilly 2.0 Reddit is HarleyDilly2yt Twitter (there are 2) @2_dilly @harley_dilly and @AndUgj Instagram: @dillyharley, @dimedroppingdilly Discord: HarleyDillyYT#5517 Harley Dilly 2.0 (Browns 2-6)#9950

Those are the ones I know. I don't have snapchat so I don't have that info

You would think...but nothing has made sense in this case so far. Just a lot of misleading information and gaps in timeline. Just upsetting. All my thoughts however.

you would think they would be working harder on this since he is the Grandchild of a retired LEO UNLESS there is something that happened w/in the family unit that they are trying to cover up, JMO on that. But, usually when it is a member of a fellow officer's family (even retired or former no matter the reason for leaving) they don't drag their heels unless there is a reason for it. They usually put their all into it.

I saw that the biker group has gotten involved as well, so it has gotten to them about his treatment. The group that is for mistreated and neglected children. It usually takes a LOT to get their attention. IMO

you would think they would be working harder on this since he is the Grandchild of a retired LEO UNLESS there is something that happened w/in the family unit that they are trying to cover up, JMO on that. But, usually when it is a member of a fellow officer's family (even retired or former no matter the reason for leaving) they don't drag their heels unless there is a reason for it. They usually put their all into it.

I saw that the biker group has gotten involved as well, so it has gotten to them about his treatment. The group that is for mistreated and neglected children. It usually takes a LOT to get their attention. IMO

Chief Hickman is a biker and possibly knew them or has connections with them in some way so I wouldn’t read too much into their attention meaning anything.

His youtube is Harley Dilly 2.0 Reddit is HarleyDilly2yt Twitter (there are 2) @2_dilly @harley_dilly and @AndUgj Instagram: @dillyharley, @dimedroppingdilly Discord: HarleyDillyYT#5517 Harley Dilly 2.0 (Browns 2-6)#9950

Those are the ones I know. I don't have snapchat so I don't have that info

Harley has three you tube channels. If you search Harley Dilly two of them come up.

The other one is
UltimateGamingJr

It was 18 degrees with snow on the ground when he left his home and he was last seen wearing a thin sweater, sweatpants and a thin "puffy" coat, police said.

All of which "leads us to believe he wasn’t planning on being outside for an extended amount of time," Timmons said. "He was going to meet with somebody, somebody we haven’t identified yet."

The 14-year-old also has a "big social media presence" with accounts on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Reddit. There has been no activity on those accounts since his disappearance.
Surveillance shows last known image of missing Ohio 14-year-old Harley Dilly: Police

That is absurd.
He could have been dressed that way because he's acclimated to that weather.
He could have been dressed that way because he intended to go to school.
He could have been dressed that way because he didn't intend to be alive long.
He could have been dressed that way because he was going to a friends house.
He could have been dressed totally differently since he wasn't actually SEEN and the video isn't clear enough to really tell.

I agree he has a large PRESENCE on social media.
He does not have a large FOLLOWING.
The two are different.
You can be watched by people who aren't officially following you on many of these sites. So his number of followers and the names of them wouldn't be an exact count or list.

The parents have made mistakes, we know this. But from someone who grew up in foster care, it is absolutely the opposite of conducive to letting kids flourish. The outcomes are horrific for foster children - less than 3% will earn a degree, 20+% end up homeless, 5-10x more likely to end up in prison, etc. Harley clearly loved his home and his mom, he was stressed when he had to stay at his aunt and uncle's for even a week when his mom had a medical emergency. It is nothing personal to your comment whatsoever, I just really wish people would stop promoting the narrative that Harley should be taken away without understanding the extreme trauma removal and foster care truly entails and the extreme cases it should be reserved for. Children are abused in foster homes too, especially in group homes you likely end up in when you're a teenage boy like Harley with a juvenile record.

JMO

I don't want Harley taken away. I want Harley to know that if that's what HARLEY wants that it's an option for him. Right now the only option being presented is going home. If Harley ran away like they say, don't you think there is a REASON? If he ran away from HOME why would you continually say you will return him HOME? Why not say that you will sit down and figure it out? Do whatever is best for him?

There is a lot out there that currently can't be discussed on WS.
We have to keep that in mind.
Just because Harley was stressed about being away from mom doesn't signify a close relationship and could also indicate problems. I used to freak when separated from my mom as a child but mostly because it meant no one would be there to mange her. My being away meant no one would find her after her next suicide attempt or over dose and call for help to revive her. That's a huge burden on a child. I was eventually removed for a time (and went back and was removed) to foster and group homes that were my safe havens. I'm sorry you had a horrible experience in them but I'd not be half the person I am if it wasn't for my many foster families that raised me in ways my mom never did.
There's no one "right answer" when it comes to what is best for any one kid.
I do think that someone needs to seriously intervene if Harley is found.

Yes. This is another good point. Just because Harley doesn't want to leave doesn't mean it's a healthy or safe environment. Yet, Harley is gone... so maybe he DID leave? Maybe it's still a better environment than foster care. We don't know. We just want Harley to have options.

I wish LE would go public and offer this young man a safe space upon returning - meaning he will not have to go home if he does not wish since that could be part of the issue. Perhaps (in hindsight) it would have been best to delegate someone to create an FB page for him - someone who could screen the hate while posting meaningful updates? Bottom line - so many people are hurting right now - he has no idea how much love people have for him.

Yes. This is all we are asking. Just OFFER Harley other options. We don't have to blame the parents or claim they are abusive. However, nobody but Harley knows what happened. If he left, only Harley knows why. If Harley doesn't want to return to the home, then continuing to assure him he will be returned to the home is not helping matters.

Then again claiming he ran away, but had this rigid routine makes no sense either. If his routine was so rigid the alarm should have been raised before it got dark that first day. None of it adds up at all.

Marcus Dilly’s Facebook page says he is a truck driver at Republic Trash Services who is from Cleveland. In 2015, he wrote, “My wife is such a great person. She takes care of everything and everyone and I come home to a clean home and good meal. She deserves hugs kisses and flowers more often. I love you Heather Styndl Dilly.”

In 2015, on a separate Facebook page, Heather Dilly wrote, “Due to a back stabbing birch (sic) of a friend…I have come to realize I need to keep my family close…not you fake f*cks. With that being said I will be deleting this face book and starting a new one where all these pics of the last 5 yrs will get deleted… this life as I know it is over and time to focus on my husband, son, furgirl, and myself.”

She wrote that same year, “I am so done with my heart getting broke…I care no more, I want to be left alone…Pain is to real to feel…I’m the problem, so what so you do with a problem you find a solution…Okay…I won’t fight no more.” Heather wrote on Facebook that she met Marcus in 1993.”

In 2015, she also wrote, “Okay. Won’t go into detail but Harley is bored and we’ll boys who are bored get into trouble…” And that same year: “Omg omg omg big surprise for Harley Dilly for his bday…Let’s just say…life is getting much busier…and I love it ❤”

Harley had a Facebook page, but it doesn’t have much on it. A drawing, a picture of a dog, and not much more. He did share the number 01 fashioned out of a Confederate flag and a picture of a video game like scene with the word “crime” drawn on it, but those are old posts.

Harley Dilly: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

The search has also expanded to digital billboards across the Toledo area like this one at Lafayette and the Anthony Wayne Trail in downtown Toledo

85f36f0e-3ebe-4478-b758-f2cc89093d30_750x422.jpg

Harley Dilly billboard on Lafayette and the Anthony Wayne Trail in downtown Toledo

In one of their updates on Facebook, Port Clinton police say there is no reason for them to believe Harley's family is involved as they have fully cooperated with their investigation.

They also ask that mean comments toward the Dilly family and rumors about Harley be left off Facebook; if you have information, call the police department.

"The Dilly's entire life has been and continues to be scrutinized on social media, their ONLY concern right now is that HARLEY is returned to them safely," the police department posted on Facebook.
Port Clinton Schools says counseling available to students after Harley Dilly disappearance

Last edited:
Marcus Dilly’s Facebook page says he is a truck driver at Republic Trash Services who is from Cleveland. In 2015, he wrote, “My wife is such a great person. She takes care of everything and everyone and I come home to a clean home and good meal. She deserves hugs kisses and flowers more often. I love you Heather Styndl Dilly.”

In 2015, on a separate Facebook page, Heather Dilly wrote, “Due to a back stabbing birch (sic) of a friend…I have come to realize I need to keep my family close…not you fake f*cks. With that being said I will be deleting this face book and starting a new one where all these pics of the last 5 yrs will get deleted… this life as I know it is over and time to focus on my husband, son, furgirl, and myself.”

She wrote that same year, “I am so done with my heart getting broke…I care no more, I want to be left alone…Pain is to real to feel…I’m the problem, so what so you do with a problem you find a solution…Okay…I won’t fight no more.” Heather wrote on Facebook that she met Marcus in 1993.”

In 2015, she also wrote, “Okay. Won’t go into detail but Harley is bored and we’ll boys who are bored get into trouble…” And that same year: “Omg omg omg big surprise for Harley Dilly for his bday…Let’s just say…life is getting much busier…and I love it ❤”

Harley had a Facebook page, but it doesn’t have much on it. A drawing, a picture of a dog, and not much more. He did share the number 01 fashioned out of a Confederate flag and a picture of a video game like scene with the word “crime” drawn on it, but those are old posts.

Harley Dilly: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

"Wont go into detail".....if only that was true for everything!:(

The search has also expanded to digital billboards across the Toledo area like this one at Lafayette and the Anthony Wayne Trail in downtown Toledo

85f36f0e-3ebe-4478-b758-f2cc89093d30_750x422.jpg

Harley Dilly billboard on Lafayette and the Anthony Wayne Trail in downtown Toledo

In one of their updates on Facebook, Port Clinton police say there is no reason for them to believe Harley's family is involved as they have fully cooperated with their investigation.

They also ask that mean comments toward the Dilly family and rumors about Harley be left off Facebook; if you have information, call the police department.

"The Dilly's entire life has been and continues to be scrutinized on social media, their ONLY concern right now is that HARLEY is returned to them safely," the police department posted on Facebook.
Port Clinton Schools says counseling available to students after Harley Dilly disappearance

I hope the billboards help.

Praying today is a miracle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members