OH OH - James Dean WORLEY, known and possible victims, '80s-present

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-Fi...omplaints.html

This link also mentions the boys he chased down on their bicycles. This happened in May 2014. Did he have something or someone in that barn at that time? I finally got on the computer so I could check the spreadsheet and the only possible is a "Less Likely" endangered runaway from Columbus in February 2014, blonde and blue-eyed 15 y/o. Could he have been keeping anyone there for any length of time I wonder? Would he have risked it?

"Two 17-year-old boys were out riding their bicycles one night in rural Fulton County when a strange man gave chase.

In May, 2014, James Worley told the sheriff’s office he saw the juveniles near County Roads 6 and K, yelled at the cyclists, and pursued them to a nearby home.

“Mr. Worley stated that because of all the burglaries, he was concerned,” the deputy wrote in his report.

A neighbor said Worley scared the teenagers. One of the cyclists, Darin Kurland, now 19, said in an interview Worley followed them to an outdoor party to say he contacted deputies. It was a “bizarre” encounter in light of recent allegations, Mr. Kurland said."

And, BTW, that spreadsheet and the map is AWESOME! I can never open stuff on my phone so I hadn't really checked them out until now. Great job!!

Nikki Lyn Forrester 4 mos pregnant / OH OH - Nikki Lyn Forrest, 19, Piqua, 25 Sept 2010 - Pregnant
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ki-Lyn-Forrest-19-Piqua-25-Sept-2010-Pregnant

She disappeared in September , but has a history of being a runaway when she was younger, so the police (to whom it was reported the day after she disappeared) neglected to contact any media sources. A member of her family finally contacted the news themselves to draw attention to her.

*Shaylene Marie Farrell from Piqua, Ohio, vanished on August 8, 1998, was last seen running an errand at a nearby Pick-N-Save grocery store where she worked at. Her car was found abandoned in the parking lot later on. She was never seen again.

My bci check I had for work lists every address I have ever been associated with. I do not have any criminal record so mine is more of what you find in a credit report. Names, addresses, former employers.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk
I don't have a criminal background either, but I have had criminal background checks run as a precursor to new employment (I realized I worded my prior post poorly, just trying to clarify what I meant).

It's possible he had criminal background checks without having a record.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Nikki Lyn Forrester 4 mos pregnant / OH OH - Nikki Lyn Forrest, 19, Piqua, 25 Sept 2010 - Pregnant
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ki-Lyn-Forrest-19-Piqua-25-Sept-2010-Pregnant

She disappeared in September , but has a history of being a runaway when she was younger, so the police (to whom it was reported the day after she disappeared) neglected to contact any media sources. A member of her family finally contacted the news themselves to draw attention to her.

http://deaniepeters-missingangels.blogspot.com/2012/05/jody-lynn-brant-missing-18-years.html?m=1

*Shaylene Marie Farrell from Piqua, Ohio, vanished on August 8, 1998, was last seen running an errand at a nearby Pick-N-Save grocery store where she worked at. Her car was found abandoned in the parking lot later on. She was never seen again.

Something I've been wondering, the area farmer that employed him for three years, who is it? What did he do there? This is a long span of unknown.which falls between potential victim Lori Ann Hill and known abduction of Robin Gardner.

Just a thought of mine:

As convoluted as this matter has been nothing would surprise me.

Maybe he worked for the farmer who owned the land where Sierah's body was found.

My gut says he hung around home so he would know the area well.

And, I think I recall she was found on the property of a relative of the investigating sheriff.

Like he was taunting or playing catch me if you can????

Sick minds do sick things.

Something I've been wondering, the area farmer that employed him for three years, who is it? What did he do there? This is a long span of unknown.which falls between potential victim Lori Ann Hill and known abduction of Robin Gardner.

I agree, lots of unknowns.

I just got back home with some supplies including 4 large black foam display boards, 2 boxes of pushpins, colored index cards etc amd am going to work on constructing a large visual timeline etc. I am hoping it will help figure things out better and I will continue to research more to get more info . I will put up pictures of it as I get it coming along it may take awhile as I have a lot of regular work to do first .

I agree, lots of unknowns.

I just got back home with some supplies including 4 large black foam display boards, 2 boxes of pushpins, colored index cards etc amd am going to work on constructing a large visual timeline etc. I am hoping it will help figure things out better and I will continue to research more to get more info . I will put up pictures of it as I get it coming along it may take awhile as I have a lot of regular work to do first .

Yeah !! :thumb:

OSP has jurisdiction EVERYWHERE in Ohio. They can pull you over on a side street in Toledo..Oregon..anywhere in the state as long as it is a public road (which they basically all are) It does NOT have to be a designated state route. Unless we get a copy of the actual report..hard to say where he was exactly. I would hazard a guess and say 475 or 23 within the limits of Sylvania or Sylvania Township. The time he was pulled over would be interesting also.

Central Ave (rt. 20) is a main route from Delta into Toledo and is 55mph.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just food for thought. Apparently as time went by, this guy was taking care of his mother. I don't know if he is older or younger than his brother, but I know there was a reference later in time to his brother being "off his meds". Sounds like he had his hands full later in life (like many of us in the sandwich generation do). Under these circumstances, it may be that earlier in time, he committed his crimes further away geographically and he only moved his crimes closer to home when he had no choice because he had to keep his eye on mom and brother. I'm thinking maybe the more local time frame should be narrowed to when his stepfather/father? died which would have commenced his added responsibilities for mom. Earlier victims may have been further away like Toledo, Lower Michigan.

Just a thought to help narrow potential victims and timeframes.

I concur. Sierah was a big risk to take so close to his home, but it was an opportunity he couldn't resist. I wonder if he knew she was local or if he thought she was one of the many avid cyclists that ride out from Sylvania into the Metamora area down the country roads.

I concur. Sierah was a big risk to take so close to his home, but it was an opportunity he couldn't resist. I wonder if he knew she was local or if he thought she was one of the many avid cyclists that ride out from Sylvania into the Metamora area down the country roads.
Ive wondered that as well. There are a lot that ride back and forth.

Just a thought of mine:

As convoluted as this matter has been nothing would surprise me.

Maybe he worked for the farmer who owned the land where Sierah's body was found.

My gut says he hung around home so he would know the area well.

And, I think I recall she was found on the property of a relative of the investigating sheriff.

Like he was taunting or playing catch me if you can????

Sick minds do sick things.

It's more creepy than you know. Look at Skibaboo's map. The neighbor's place is Shininger Farms. This is where JDW worked for a few months in the early 80s (probably just through the planting or harvest season). The Shiningers are the in-laws of the Fulton County Sheriff. They do own farmland on County Rd 7, however I can't confirm if the remains were found on their property.

The other farmer (who remains unknown) employed him for three years. He could have hauled grain to Toledo or a number of other places during this time.

I'm sure more information will surface. It's just difficult to think about what he he could have gotten away with all those years. All of us that live(d) close to him could have been a victim. I know people that knew him at one time over the years. I've heard bits and pieces about what he was like. Even though everyone agrees that he was weird nobody could have imagined this.

It's more creepy than you know. Look at Skibaboo's map. The neighbor's place is Shininger Farms. This is where JDW worked for a few months in the early 80s (probably just through the planting or harvest season). The Shiningers are the in-laws of the Fulton County Sheriff. They do own farmland on County Rd 7, however I can't confirm if the remains were found on their property.

The other farmer (who remains unknown) employed him for three years. He could have hauled grain to Toledo or a number of other places during this time.

I'm sure more information will surface. It's just difficult to think about what he he could have gotten away with all those years. All of us that live(d) close to him could have been a victim. I know people that knew him at one time over the years. I've heard bits and pieces about what he was like. Even though everyone agrees that he was weird nobody could have imagined this.

The thought that any of us locals could have easily been one of his victims still sends shivers down my spine. I have thought about that so many times since this happened. I used to storm chase all the time on the Fulton. Co back roads by his house, and when it wasn't stormy I still would go each evening for the spectacular open sky sunset shots because I am situated in extreme western Lucas co by the county line and heavily forested , so I would always hop in the car after supper w my camera and pick a deslolate road to park, get out and walk amd take pics. I am sure ar some point I must have crossed his path or was on his radar. I have had a lot of just unbelievable experiences in my life especially from my mid teens thru age 28 or so including Thelma amd Louise style road trips w my best friend. I admit it, i was a very stupid naive girl to have taken the risks I did. I should not still be here and i think I was actually supposed to have been killed by a serial killer but by some freakish stroke of luck am still here at 45 years old. I think this is one reason I am so emphatically compulsed to do what I can to help bring justice for the other unknown victims . Maybe sounds crazy to you guys but this is how I feel. And I will continue to research and do what is needed to give this everything I got to help unveil the truth and help bring justice for the unknowns

I've mentioned this earlier in a thread, but soy beans, blood meal, etc. gets trucked from that corner of NW Ohio as far as Grand Rapids, Michigan and farther. So, if he ever drove truck for a farmer, who know what the radius of his evil might be.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I've mentioned this earlier in a thread, but soy beans, blood meal, etc. gets trucked from that corner of NW Ohio as far as Grand Rapids, Michigan and farther. So, if he ever drove truck for a farmer, who know what the radius of his evil might be.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Right, IMO I would be reluctant to narrow his radius just yet, don't underestimate him. For all we know he had someone come stay at the house for a few days to watch Mom and brother as needed. That would give him plenty of time to hunt and abduct and bring home a victim to the barn to keep for who knows how long. And then sadly, he may have disposed of them on the next trip out of town or state! In fact if you try and put yourself into the mind of a madman serial killer it would seem logical to do it this way.

One of the threads about Sierah had some kind of reference to some type of official statement JDW made. It was about his employment for a farmer Named Bob XXXX. I don't know what JDW did for Bob or how long he worked for him. Bob used to grow field tomatoes and owned a good sized Migrant worker camp at that time. I met Bob in the early 90's. Nice guy. Is it OK to mention Bob's last name, or is it even relevant?

This helps and is relevant. Now we know he could have hauled tomatoes too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne